Orange Village Hostel Reviews

411 O'Farrell street, San Francisco, USA

시설이 낡은 것은 샌프란 특성상 이해할 수 있다지만, 직원이 불친절하네요. 2층침대는 오르내릴때 소음이 너무 심했고 뒤척이기만해도 삐그덕거려 불안했습니다. 방안에 먼지도 너무 많구요. 위치는 유니언스퀘어와 가까웠지만 옆 블럭이 위험한 곳이어서 여행할 때 안전에 주의해야할 것 같네요.

• 25th Jan 2016
  • South Korea

4인실 도미토리 쓰시는 분들은 자물쇠하나씩 챙겨서 보관잘하세요! 저랑 제 친구는 가방에 돈넣고 사물함을 잠그지 않았다가 돈을 도둑맞았습니다. 주의하세요. 2층침대에 올라갈때 조금 많이 무섭고 많이 흔들려서 주의하셔야 할듯해요. 그래도 직원분들은 진짜 친절하시고 엄청깨끗하고 조식도 맛있어요. 분위기도 같이 즐기는 분위기고 좋습니다. 위치는 powell역에서 조금 걸어올라가야하긴 하지만 좋습니다.

Can't beat the value of this location. Is it the best hostel I've stayed at? Probably not, but would go back without a doubt. Bathrooms were very clean, always a big deal. The breakfast offered seemed lacking.....all carbs. Cereal and waffles.

The rooms were okay, and the common area and breakfast was great. Our only problem was the receptionist screaming at us because we checked out late. Obviously we did wrong, but we actually thought it was an hour later and she screaming was not about to make it better.

개인용 화장실이 딸린 방은 매우 편했습니다. 그러나 침대가 너무 낮아서 1층 침대에 앉을 수가 없고 누울수만 있던 것이 많이 불편했습니다.

• 19th Dec 2015
  • South Korea

Great breakfast and great staff! I'll definitely go back and recommend to my friends! It is close to everything in SF! The selfmade waffles in the morning made all the difference for resto of the day!

Great location, good staff (they always want to help), didn't like the showers though. They were cold and I couldn't get it warm

• 11th Dec 2015

Oh My God! This is the best hostel ever in my life. I've been traveling a lot all over the world and finially found the best hostel that I want to come back next time. As people on review says, the area is not great however, homeless never harm peopl.. Location is in downtown so everything is easy to find such as food, park, and even second-hand stores!. Staff was super nice. I remember Jennie and Jimmy were both helpful and gentle. Breakfast was fresh and amazing and liked the clean room too

• 11th Dec 2015
  • South Korea

This place was great. The breakfast was amazing and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Location was very good, about a 5 minute walk to the Cable Car station on Market. The only down side was the sirens if your room is facing O'Farrel Street. But earplugs worked well in draining out the sound, especially since we slept with the window open. Shower in our room wasn't great when it came to temperature or pressure, but the one located in the hallway was excellent. It was a great place.

One of the better hostels in the area. Especially great if you like waffles in the morning. Persons there are very accepting of every newcomer and I really enjoyed their company. Pizza parties on Thursday evenings make for an interesting social atmosphere. Yet, there's a high level of reserved and quiet atmosphere for those that seek personal space.

• 29th Nov 2015

I stayed for 4 nights and i wouldn't stay for more. the beds and bed mattresses are garbage and noisy so if someone comes in late the whole room knows about it. the staff seem like they don't even want to be there most of the time. the atmosphere is almost non existent, good place to crash for a day or so but I'd find somewhere else if your wanting to be social. on the good side the location is OK :)

It was clean, conveniently located, and has free breakfast, but I didn't like it. 1-bunk beds are old/squeaky & not attached to the walls. If the other person moves at all, it shakes a lot & you wake up (I'm a heavy sleeper!). 2-hostel is enormous, with tons of guests, so it creates a climate of indifference. I've never stayed at a hostel where everyone ignored one another. 3-Because there are so many guests, everyone gets buzzed in without question/ID--bad for this neighborhood.

I stayed for one night and I slept like a baby. The breakfast was and good and keep on coming. Just got to make sure you make it on time or you will miss out. Building workers were very kind and welcoming. Yes I would recommend the Orange Village Hostel to anyone.

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Fiji

Double bunk beads were wobbly as; if someone got on the top bunk the whole bed would sway. Otherwise rest of hostel was good enough. Good kitchen and lounge area. Showers were ok but no-where to put your soap while washing and no sink inside the actual bathroom/toilet areas. Still the cheapest hostel in San Fran with decent facilities.

The place was pretty cool. Bright colors made the atmosphere look friendly and I appreciate the front door being locked. Downside is I felt so itchy and all my clothes were itching being there. The shower situation on the second floor isn't so great either. Shower curtain with nothing to hold the water in led to soaking wet foot matts and wet floors. And a weird hose aka sink on top of toilet was so random and weird.. No hand soap just sanitizer. Other than that, hostel is okay.

• 27th Oct 2015
  • El Salvador

Old hotel converted to a hostel. Room was clean but beds a bit squeaky and moved. Good location close to union square and buses to other parts. Safe and friendly area. Many good eating places.

hostels location was good. however bathrooms were tiny. rooms smelt like pee. kitchen was clean and breakfast was fresh. laundry room washing machine and dryer didn't wash or dry clothes properly , made them smell bad. ATM charged me money when i didn't even withdrawn cash! and they didn't give it back. run by Chinese staff, who were very reluctant to offer help. the towel they provide are like face cloths.

very nice location, wonderful breakfast, I recommend ,,.

Considering high rent of the city, location is quite nice. Except for so many street dwellers around Little Saigon.

Place is at walking distance from everything, kitchen is pretty sweet lots of stuff to have for breakfast. Not the best place for meeting people, staff was truly nice and helpful. Price was the best deal considering HI Intl. is way too expensive for a Hostel in downtown SF, seriously no better deal in the area. Definitely staying here again next time I'm visiting.

« first « Prev 1 2 3