Orange Village Hostel Reviews

411 O'Farrell street, San Francisco, USA

I really like this hostel, it was my first time stayed in hostel and I wasn't expected it to be that good. I am very impressed and enjoyed talking to my roommate(dorm room). The price was worth for everything. It's a little a bit loud at night because a lot of ghetto around but it was ok because compare to the location. Everything is CLEAN and I was a little surprised that bathroom looks really clean. It's safe to stay there! I went there with my friend and we are eighteen!

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

low cost. not bad not good.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

unfriendly staff!

The hostel is fine if you are not too strict. You wont have towels, you will have to do your own bed and you are not going to be able to charge your phone in the room. I repeat, it is a nice place with a good location, but is not an awesone place where to stay.

Right beside a dodgy area. Old Building. No wash basins in the bathroom. Small kitchen.

• 31st Mar 2014

A FUIR ! C'est DÉGUEULASSE !!!! C'est une honte ! Je n'ai jamais vu une cuisine dans un tel état ! C'est tout simplement un scandale de proposer un endroit pour manger qui ressemble autant à une porcherie. C'est un manque de respect pour les voyageurs. Nous sommes des humains et pas des animaux. Ils n'ont surement jamais entendu parler de produit à vitre non plus! Les salles de bain sont pas très propres et pas faites tout les jours, les chambres sont limites aussi. Traces douteuse partout.

La habitacion estaba limpia pero no tenia limpieza diaria solo cambio de toallas pero no daban una toalla a cada uno en una habitacion doble, lo cual era incomodo porque uno debia usar una toalla chica. La ubicacion muy buena pero la limpieza de la cocina no era detallada ya que por la noche cuando fui a cocinar un dia encontre cucarachas en un armario. Deberian mejorar la atencion del front desk salvo el empleado que hablaba espanol que fue muy atento el resto de personal muy poco amable.

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

The room was exactly what we needed for our stay, as we planned to only really sleep there. The coffee is excellent. There was an off smell in the third floor hallway but nothing enough to deter me from staying. Was a cozy place and the bed in the private room was not uncomfortable. I would just avoid the streets Turk and eddy. As both as located fairly close to the hostel and are not welcoming in the least. The room wasn't fully cleaned when we checked in but we were early so I can't complain.

• 9th Mar 2014

Location was nice, nerby union square, even if near the tenderloin district the place was quite safe. Some homeless around but as always in SF ! Clean bathrooms, and rooms, but the kitchen was dirty. I enjoyed my stay there.

• 8th Mar 2014

Location is great for transport but there are some homeless around so watch which way you turn out of the hostel. Free breakfast and internet are GREAT. I could only find one shower on my floor but it was always free when I used it so was never a problem.

Kitchen closes too early, at 10pm. We had no access to our food we stored in there, on the days we were out all day and returned after 10 (mildly upsetting). Midnight would be more appropriate time to close the kitchen. Staff were helpful & professional. Clean; the kitchen & bathrooms get cleaned every morning. No sinks in many bathrooms so bring your hand sanitizer. Sinks in bed rooms though, with soap provided. Lovely classical music during free breakfast; coffee dreadful, but tea nice. Celene

• 10th Feb 2014

Very clean and good location. The only downside is that it's not super cozy, but good value for money and recommendable.

セキュリティに関して、ここは出入りするときになんの提示も必要なく出入りは自由。いちいち鍵を見せたり、レシートを見せたりしなくてよいが、誰でも入れるのでセキュリティ面での不安はある。廊下には監視カメラが取り付けてあるが、ちゃんと管理されてるのかは不明。 立地はユニオンスクエアにも近くまぁ悪くない。しかし周辺はホームレスが多く、夜は奇声が響く。 そしてこのホステルには4泊したのだが、1回もシャワーを浴びることができなかった。全くお湯が出ない。今まで泊まったホステルでお湯がぬるいということはあったが、完全な冷水しか出ないとこは初めてだった。本当に最悪だった。スタッフに聞いても明日には修理が来るとか、なんとかで結局最後まで治らなかった。スタッフも面倒くさそうにIm soory about thatというだけで何の措置もなく非常に不快だった。シャワーが使えないのに宿泊客を受け入れてること自体が信じられない。 部屋のWifiも弱く基本的には使えなかった。そしてこのホステルはオーナーが韓国人のためか、宿泊客の半数も韓国人だった。

very clean, very comfortable

• 20th Nov 2013
  • South Korea

I really enjoyed my stay. My room was very clean and nice. Breakfast was sufficient.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Israel

You get what you pay for. I was on budget and the Orange Village Hostel came through for me. A good experience. Yes, it is near the Tenderloin but that gives it an edge. The rooms were clean. Not that much of a social atmosphere but I was wanting to see the city and not meet people. I would recommend this place to someone on a budget like me.

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Nice play to stay, great location in the heart of San Fran although, if you turn left out of the hostel it gets progressively rougher as you continue. The bed I had was horrific, the most uncomfortable nights sleep I've ever had could feel the metal bars beneath the mattress. Facilities are great, washing machines, common room, kitchen etc

It's a very good hostel. The hostel is very clean. The staffs are nice. Breakfast is very good. Though the kitchen is small, it had all the facility. Enjoyed my stay.

• 25th Oct 2013