Orchard Garden Hotel Reviews

Village Road, Nassau, Bahamas

Given its location (Bahamas) this was ok for the money. I think we were given one of their better rooms & it was in sad disrepair. I understand being a hostel & not a hotel that I can't have too high of expectations & you get what you pay for, but this property has definitely seen its 'heyday'. It was clean & safe; fine for a last minute, inexpensive room but it was the bare minimum (2 towels & 1 washcloth, etc.). Staff was nice but the grounds were not well maintained. Great for the backpacker.

• 24th Apr 2015

Just a place for temporary stay to save money.

Good location (near bus route), staff, good basic breakfast, good stay, would stay again.

I really loved this place. I was worried when I read other reviews but I was put at ease upon arrival. The office manager greeted me and was a delight throughout my stay. She helped me answer many questions and made wonderful recommendations. I was there for over a week and was not disappointed. It's very close walking distance to Montague Beach and the Harbor Bay Shopping Center which has a nice grocery store & pharmacy. Its a peaceful place with a fun group of travelers from all over! Love it!

I did not get just any help for my questions (usually most hostells are very helpfull). And the image of staff was that some off them did not like "the white people" (big one).

This place was really dirtier and rougher around the edges than expected! Price for a dorm bed was pretty high! Staff was very lacking and not knowing what was going on.

• 22nd Dec 2014

booked a 4bed dorm,got free upgraded double room,that was the very positiv thing,room was dirty and many things damaged,cleaning service only works, when u return the key to reception,while you r are out, but nobody told me before, d. (small boy (-: ) from reception was very nice, j.,the owner also nice person,there r some austrians, preparing a christmas party, that was great, what they did, missed to say good bye, sorry for that,but didnt feel good these days, because of sickness,felt home

• 20th Dec 2014

This is not a hostel! If you just want a place to sleep, you would be ok. It is vary far from downtown! And you don't have normal hostel facilities. You can use a small kitchen by the pool... but its not really helpful No bars nearby, no travelers to meet... you have to walk minimum 15 min to the market... beer for sale in the hotel for 4 dolares, but then, it wasn't available... even hours after the owner telling us we could buy beer there.. For a similar price I found better hotel in downtown