Orchard Garden Hotel Reviews

Village Road, Nassau, Bahamas

This is one of, if not the, cheapest hotel in Nassau and the old adage of 'you get what you pay for' holds true. I just needed a place to lay my head at night so I ignored the poor reviews and stayed there. I'm not picky and really didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars per night for a room, but I ended up leaving Little Orchard at 2am because I woke up in the middle of the night to find a huge roach basically licking my toothbrush. The staff was nonchalant when I complained so I left.

Orchard Garden is a nice place to stay at a reasonable price. Bahamas isn't the cheapest place to visit anytime and affordable accommodation makes all the difference. It's a bit out of town but there are bus services that make it easy to get around.

Bathroom is a complete nightmare! Complete renovation needed!

• 21st Sep 2014

There were bugs on the ground, not sure if they were worms or centipedes. The showers are choppy, sometimes it's hot water sometimes it's cold. I did however like how great the A/C works. Ultimately, you're getting what you've paid for. If you're expecting great facilities, this may not be the place for you.

BAD, but TOLERABLE: The hostel was located far away from any destinations. It was possible to reach the Orchand by bus one way, it was almost impossible to go in the morning to the city or any nice beach by public transport. THE WORST: SERVICE and CLEANLINESS. It is not clean! It is disgusting dirty and cleaned 'upon request", which means at best the towels changed. Insects and caterpillars laid around in the room for many days, shower broken, kitchen utensils or any kitchen ware absent.

• 27th Jun 2014