Orchard Garden Hotel Reviews

Village Road, Nassau, Bahamas

Worst hostel I've ever stayed at. The horror stories here are true. Dirty. Bathtub was clogged. Toilet had no lid. The worst thing is the location. It's way out in the suburbs. To get downtown, you can either walk for an hour or more, or take a confusing bus route. Much of the way there are no sidewalks and the streets are unlighted. Not far from the hostel, I was stopped by police, who told me to leave because it was a bad neighborhood. I moved to a hotel after 2 days. Do not stay here.

• 29th Jan 2016

Dont stay here. It is a dump. The location sucks, they advise you to not bring anything with you if you leave their premises. Its pointless to stay here. The security ripped me off when he brought me to the airport. He said he would charge me $60. I asked if he had change for $100 he said yes. When we got to the airport he told me all he had was $20. What a lame, no morals at all. And this guys is "security", i wouldnt stay in this place unless you want to feel like someone is going to rob you

NASTY>>>NASTY. The smell of that room was terrible

Wow, be prepared if you have to stay here. It's far from downtown and you end up spending $20 on cabs if you are not back at 7pm when the bus stops. This ended up being more expensive than private rooms downtown even though I was travelling by myself. Breakfast is never fresh, the rooms are rarely cleaned, toilets don't work, and there is a very rough local crowd that stays here and books up most of the motel. Our fridge didn't work and the dorms are not fully equipped as promised. And worms...!

After reading all of the bad reviews I was pretty scared to stay in this hotel but it turned out to be surprisingly clean, super friendly and helpful staff and definitely great value for the little money we spent. Downtown is only 4 minutes away by bus and around 15 min by bicycle. I wouldn't recommend walking to the city as the hotel lies in a very quiet part of Nassau and there are native youngsters trying to rob tourists in some of the quiet streets. We had a great stay though :)

• 24th Sep 2015

From reviews I knew not to expect too much, but there are few options for a solo traveller on a budget in the Bahamas. I counted 14 worms in our dorm! Downtown, pretty beaches and Atlantis are all out of reach and the bus service will only get you around til 7pm. After that expect to pay $15-25. Most places only let you book in person but air BnB would be a much better option if you stay close to downtown, Junkanoo beach and Arawak Cay. If you have to, stay for 1 night then find anywhere else!

Stayed at the 4dorm. There was an air condition but without the remote, so I was melting in the heat every night. The room was cleaned every day even though the floor was very sticky and the bathroom full of hair and had even a worm! I am used to travel low budget, but even though cleanliness should not be so hard to provide. Staff was ok, but only helpful when you asked something. They didn't explain anything when checking in. Location is ok if you like to walk. There is a bus route close by.

This place is in a nice location, quiet and peaceful area. Close to nature. Green surroundings. There is swimming pool too.