Orient Express Hostel Sofia Reviews

Balkan street 2, Sofia, Bulgaria

Administration hostel chaotic, they did not seem to know about my booking/ Staff only speaks Bulgarian, the English- speaking manager manages the hostel by phone. Staff came suddenly banging on my door at 23.00h shouting for "Money, Money", as they hadn't asked me to pay yet. It scared the shits out of me. This guy only knew Bulgarian. Very unpleasant. Hostel dog barking at night Apparently free breakfast, but not found Staff refused to call me a taxi at night to get me safe to the airport

Nice hostel, quite recently renovated, located in the center of the city. Sights you may want to see, markets, shops etc, are all in a walking distance reach. The room was clean, there is a full equiped kitchen for those who want to prepare their own meals and there's a nice front yard were you can enjoy a cup of coffee. Last but not least, the staff was very helpfull and polite.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Greece

Great stay friendly staff and friendly atmosphere! Wifi didn't work on our phones when we were there, but the owner was really nice and let us use her laptop for checking in. Breakfast was included and a good way to meet others, the room was great and close to the city centre.

Unfriendly staff, no room for gathering (I was "allowed" to work on my computer in the garden). No proper working WiFi. No organisation of pub crawl / free tour. When I arrived no English speaking person was available.

Wonderful interior design. Clean and comfort room. Area is very quite and very close to City center and public transport. Great hostel!!!

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Bulgaria

The hostel was very clean and bright. But the caretaker was very unfriendly and scowled most of the time. A small welcome smile costs nothing. We would have liked an early breakfast but it was nearly 9 o'clock before it was ready. Still I would reccomend it. Also my bed was a very old mattress with ridges in. room 2 right bed.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Rumi was an excellent host, she gave good advice! Hostel was very clean and our room was spotless. I would definitely go back to Orient Express if I come back to Sofia!

Nice hostel, close to everything. Helpful staff. Breakfast wasn't great but it was good enough.

I chose this hostel because it was close to the bus station and cheap. I had the worst time trying to find it, wandering the streets of Sofia at night for about 30 minutes. The directions from the hostel tell you not to use google maps because its wrong so I relied on their directions, which were very poor. When I did use google maps I was able to find the place easier. The sign is incredibly small also. The lady was pretty nice, didn't know I had a booking though. Facilities were just okay.