7.1
Very Good 74 Total Reviews
7.1
Very Good 74 Total Reviews
Orient Express Hostel Sofia Located at Balkan street 2, , Sofia.
Bulgaria
Sofia Sofia 1303 Balkan street 2
71% 74
42.7015819 23.3177865
    Rooms available

• Slovakia, Male, 18-24
13th Aug 2016
6.6

they do not offer breakfast as it said on description, which was one of the main reasons I chose this hostel. the staff was not very helpful and there was no 'classic' reception so we had to actually look for staff members. the facilities were OK however the toilet paper was missing and the wifi could be used only by one person at time or it was very very slow.there was no common common room. would not go there again

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
9th Aug 2016
5.7

This place was fine. However, my biggest complaint was with the owner - she wasn't there in person, but called and said some very rude things to me on the phone! It took all of my patience to deal with her. She accused me of trying to cheat her on money because we checked in early in the morning (even though we wrote that when booking) and said some other very rude and judgmental things to me and my friends. I wouldn't recommend staying at this place because of her! Not worth it.

10th Jul 2016
4.9

At first seemed like a perfectly fine place. When I arrived a little before midnight, the owner was very kind even though I'd woken her up, and said it would be fine if I paid for just the first night then and the second on check-out. I had an ok if noisy stay, but when I checked-out with another woman and tried to pay, she started screaming at me. The owner was gone and had "locked the books," so she kept insisting I "just go" without paying. I insisted on paying and then pretty much ra

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
9th Jul 2016

The owner is lovely and the hostel is a great value for money, particularly with a pretty well equipped kitchen! Security pretty good just lacking some lockers in the room. We enjoyed our stay here.

• India, Couple, 18-24
23rd Jun 2016
4.6

Got Scammed! The hostel advertised to have air conditioning. The room was *very* hot and didn't have aircon. The window had been left open and we woke up with 6 mosquito bites. Spoke to the owner on the phone and she said she hadn't advertised to have aircon. She took off aircon" from the hostelworld page after our conversation. The common room was more like a dirty storage room Also, lied about the free breakfast on the hosel world page. Location wasn't that great. Didn't feel ver

• South Korea, Male, 25-30
20th May 2016
4.3

staff was downright rude

15th May 2016

Sometimes it's not about the place, it's about the people and that's the reasonwhy I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Really great staff. Also nice cozy hostel, clean and well located.

• Cyprus, Female, 25-30
2nd May 2016
7.4

Overall a clean and decent place to spent the night in Sofia. There was hot water and wifi, as well as a common kitchen, fully equipped. My only problem was that although I had contacted the owners and we arranged to meet at the airport, they stood me up and only told me to take the metro when I asked them if they would eventually come.

25th Apr 2016
7.7

Good value. Not really a hostel, but more of a guesthouse. Convenient location for the bus and train stations. Clean, no bunk beds. Unfortunately, the dorm door had no key and there were no lockers, so we didn't feel safe leaving any valuables in the room. It does not have a real lounge, just a table next to a kitchenette in the hallway.

18th Apr 2016

Simple to find, staff were excellent and let me check in early in the morning after arriving on an overnight bus. Dorm doesn't have bunks which is so nice if you spend a lot of times in hostels. Bathroom was one of the nicest I've seen in a hostel and each floor has a kitchen so it feels a bit like an apartment.