Orient Gate Hostel and Hotel Reviews

Wadi Mousa, P.O.BOX 185, Petra, Jordan

The owner was incredibly helpful and nice, and we really enjoyed spending time with him. He helped us arrange transportation and gave us useful traveling advice. Our room had a private bathroom and balcony overlooking Wadi Musa and Petra, and after a long day it was the perfect place to play chess and watch the sunset. There is a very decently priced restaurant down the street (the Cleopatra) that I would also highly recommend, and the bakery next door sells some delicious spinach pockets.

It's about 25 minute walk from Petra, so that's cool. The hills are a killer tho. Muhamed took care of me when I told him that I was cold. It's always nice to have someone respond to your needs.