Orient Gate Hostel and Hotel Reviews

Wadi Mousa, P.O.BOX 185, Petra, Jordan

The manager was very nice, though tired during Ramadan. The place was great but no one was there because of low season and Ramadan. A great place to stay to sleep and shower while you visit Petra.

Location of the hostel was good, escept there was a mosque right next to (bring your own earplugs if you don't want to wake up middle of the night). Hostel was dirty. But the staff very friendly.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Good staff. Mohammed made recommendation to my tour and introduced a nice place for watching the World Cup! Excellent location. It takes less than 15 mins walk to the Petra site. I met good friends here and had a great time.

Mohammad was very good about finding us a great deal to tour Wadi Rum, and stuck to his word. As for Cleanliness and Secutiry - I mean, you're in Petra, don't expect a five star hotel unless you are going to a five-star hotel. But for us backpackers, it was a great hostel in which to recover from a longggg hike in Petra. If you want a kitchen, I hope the bed it ok for you. It is unbelievably cheap (I hope this review doesn't jink that), and it's nice to have a free shuttle to Petra entrance.

The location is a little bit far from the main site, however it's a lot cheaper than the hotel next to the site entrace. The walk is around 20 minutes to reach the entrace of Petra's site. The staff was really friendly and was eager to help. They offered me their helo with the booking for the bus and with the general transportation in the country. The room were old but clean and everything was working correctly. It's really a good hostel with a great price for the area

One of my best stays in Jordan. Good location in Wadi Musa, near the bus station and they have free shuttle to the Petra. It's an easy 20 minutes walk to the Petra too if you fancy a walk. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. They pick me up at the bus station and always check if you need anything. The bed is clean. I tried the Turkish bath they recommended and it was absolutely fantastic. I really enjoyed my stay here.

Staff very helpful in all matters

• 20th Apr 2014

One of the friendliest local staff I have ever encountered at any hostel around the world. Go above and beyond to make your stay in Petra a great experience. Breakfast will get you ready for a long day of hiking through Petra, and staff will prepare a lunch box for your day in Petra - both are reasonably priced. As for accommodation, don't expect a 5 star hotel - but is an ideal place for backpackers. I plan to visit Petra again and will definitely stay at the Orient Gate.

• 19th Apr 2014

Orient Gate Hotel is in a perfect location in Wadi Mousa- on a quiet side street, but right in the middle of town.. nearby restaurants, cafés, markets, and an easy walk to Petra! Beautiful views of Petra from the rooms or rooftop.. the staff are accommodating and fun. I enjoyed hanging out in the lobby downstairs with Ismael (staff) and other guests traveling through or those staying awhile.. sharing stories, while sipping tea :) The door was always open.. and I always felt welcomed!

• 10th Feb 2014