Orient Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah. Akbiyik Cad. No:9, 34400 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

A great welcoming staff can make you see the unexpected from istanbul. Enjoyed my stay there. I recommend it!

• 30th Apr 2015

This place is AMAZING. Everything you could ever want in a hostel. The friendly staff will help you with anything you need and the room is great too. They helped us book a hot air balloon trip to Cappadocia and Yûcel even taught us how to make real Turkish coffee. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Istanbul!

Overall very good stay staff were awesome... They organised our whole turkey trip for is at good price good food fun social side too ... Good location ... Shower and toilets pretty average but nothing you still cant use ... Very happy with our stay.

a few more plugs inside the rooms would be handy

The staff was very kind with us and the hostel is located near the main touristic points of Istanbul, such as the Cisterns, the Blue Mosque and the Aya Sofia! We missed some sockets in the room, because we were in a room with 6 beds, but there were only 2 sockets, which make it difficult to charge all the phones and cameras. Still, the room apparently was not cleaned everyday. After all, it was a great stay and I would recommend it to a friend!

Many thanks to all the staff of Orient Hostel for their helpfullness, hospitality and the excellent job you all do for all of us visiting the enchanting city of Istambul. I will gladly recommend far and wide Orient Hostel for anyone visiting the city. You guys rock! Isis from Mexico. :-)

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Location is awesome, very good value of money, met few backpackers, nice atmosphere in lovely city

The staff was really friendly. I had booked the 30-bed dorm, but since there were not many guests they let me stay in the female dorm for no extra charge. Overall, I had a very nice stay. The only negative is that guests cannot use the kitchen to prepare our own food.

• 17th Jan 2015

Great location for reaching the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, etc. It's just not great to have to get through the tourist zone whenever you want to find a well-priced meal or just chill somewhere. Hostel staff are nice and breakfast is delicious Turkish breakfast looking out over the sea.

The best option in Istanbul! The price of the rooms are accessible, the staff are more than prepared to help us, the common areas creates a comfortable environment between all the people in the hostel. The hostel is close to the Blue Mosque, transportation and a lot of restaurants. We also had a bar in front of the hostel, when we had a really good time together. The staff helped us with tickets for the next stop. Amazing hostel! The breakfast was amazing, including that view during the morning!

The music from the bar was waaaaaayyyy too loud, especially the bass- it vibrated the beds, making it very difficult to sleep, even with earplugs. Other than that, everything was great. Very helpful staff.

I would definitely recommend this hostel to backpackers, groups and youngsters who wish to explore Istanbul. The only missing thing is they don't have a common kitchen and common space area is very small . 6 bed room we stayed in is very small and if u don't plan staying in it, it is clean and proper. Staff is very nice and helping. Overall it is a good value for money. Excellent location and good food in the hostel's Cafe and restaurant.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Thank you very much! It was a nice stay and the hostel is quite sweet. The breakfast was neat and it was great that the water is hot when having a shower. The wifi connection is excellent, staff is professional and view from the breakfast terrace is beautiful.

The location is the biggest advantage to this hostel! You can walk to the main touristic site in 5 minutes. The staff are very helpfull and they help with good infos! I travel in solo and i met a lot of nice traveller there. Im glad i stay there.

• 24th Dec 2014

Good hostel, value for money

Great hostel good atmosphere and location. Loved the Buffet style breakfast, going Back there for sure.

When I arrived I was immediately welcomed and upgraded to a better room for the same price. The downstairs area was a perfect environment to meet the other guests and the staff was super friendly. They provided tea, fun conversations, and advice. One of them (Yugal) showed a few of us around the Asian side of the city when he wasn't working. They truly had the customer's best interest in mind and their advice and help reflected this. Great location, price, and people, I would recommend Orient!

• 19th Dec 2014