Orient Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah. Akbiyik Cad. No:9, 34400 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Thank you everyone who has worked on to make my stsyment at Orient Hostel.. Just Awesome.. I really did enjoyed all. Thank you guys. Special thanks to Mr. Serdar.

• 10th Jan 2016
  • Egypt

Thank you for all your help! We had wonderful days in your hostel!

• 26th Nov 2015
  • Hungary

Hostel staff are excellent. Very accomodating. Beds comfotfable and lonen very cleanas are the bathrooms and toilets. Food at tje rooftop cage os excellent.

Only praise, I've stayed here a number of times, and have been always treated with the greatest kindness and respect. I recommend the Orient to everyone

Guy at the reception was great. Was really helpful. Had a decent stay there the view up top was nice too!

Great service from staff.

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Thailand

Great counter staff--friendly, efficient, and I had many illuminating and interesting chats with Burak (almost Barack but not quite!). Unfortunately, the bathrooms were not the cleanest, but nonetheless, excellent location, beautiful view, lovely staff members who offered hot coffee and blanket on a rainy day when I was on the rooftop terrace. Great food and substantial breakfast, and value for money. Thanks for the enjoyable stay!

Stayed in orient hostel on the first day of arrivl from istanbul on 5th of oct. The hostel is easily located and strategically locted near the blue mosque , hagia sophia and topkapi palace. The staff was gracious to upgrade our rooming froma 30 bedroom dorm to a 4 bedded private room( score! and free of charge) which we were too keen to accept. they arranged for our tour n transfer the next day to cappdocia and was very friendly and personal in attending our needs. overall awesome stay :)

• 5th Oct 2015
  • Malaysia

Staff was super nice and accommodating! They helped me arrange airport transfer which as a single female was very reassuring. Great terrace!! Only thing is the room itself was a bit dingy and there was only one sheet so it was a bit cold. But would still highly recommend!

Fantastic hostel. Can't wait to go back. The best thing is the breath-taking view from the roof-top. I would pay just to see that view again. Friendly staff and clean and comfortable rooms.

Rooms were absolutely tiny. Two power points in a room for 6 people. Small sink in the room which was good, one shower and toilet for 12 beds. Our room was immensely noisy, the corridor/stairwell was narrow and concrete and echoed like nothing else, and we had some super noisy and inconsiderate neighbours. No aircon in the room, just a noisy fan. Wifi was ok and free. Good for a cheap stay.

Well situated bud fare away from all the club and bar of the city. Close to the mains attractions. Cool bar at the hostel smoke aloy of chicha there!

Staff are friendly. Clean rooms. Can help you plan trips elsewhere. Decent price for Istanbul.

I only stayed one night, but i couldn't find a single problem with this hostel even if I looked with a magnifying glass. The staff (most important part usually) was pretty sweet and friendly, accommodated my requests and helped me with valuable suggestions for getting around Istanbul with the limited time I had on this trip. The day I go back to Istanbul I will stay again. Thank you so much for everything!

Thanks for nice words Aida, we are trying to do our best. Looking forward to seeing you again :) Orient Team

shower roof was mouldy and the staff aren't too pleasant however had a good stay and met heaps of great people.

Great cheap hostel in perfect location in Sultanahmet easy 5-10 min walk from blue mosque and a lot of tourist attractions. Food better and cheaper in karakoy of outside this area but great location and safe. Staff super friendly. Not a whole lot of organised activities/atmosphere to meet people but travelled with a few friends anyway.

The staff here is GREAT and very accomodating. They welcomed me with apple tea helped me resolve any problem I had. The salesman/tourist agent on site can feel a little pushy, but I think that may just be the selling culture in Istanbul. The location is right around the corner from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia. The 8-bed rooms don't have A/C, but use a fan. The 4-bed dorm has A/C, but check the temperature it's at.

Super cheap and fantastic location. Free breakfast and rooftop bar. 30 beds in a room was a bit much, but how can you complain when everything else is great?

Great hostel! We had an amazing time, the staff was awesome. The only thing missing according to me would be more common areas. Of course, you can sit at the restaurant or on the terrace, but you always feel like you have to order something and it's hard on the wallet ;) There is a common room near the reception, but it's really small.

Do not mix hostel with tours-restaurant-pub