Orient Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah. Akbiyik Cad. No:9, 34400 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

really enjoyee my time here. the staff were really friendly and the location is amazing. the on site tour agency planned my whole trip and it was incredible

Great location and one of the guys allowed me to have an early check in as i was on the road for so long! Thanks! The rooms are decent and the bed was comfy enough and having a half full dorm was amazing! The terrace is nice but not as amazing as other reviews nake it out to be, along with the breakfast. had no issues tho and the staff were nice enough. althought the wifi was very very bad. good place to sleep though

Amazing location, 5 minute walk from Aya Sofia and the blue mosque. Breakfast each morning was also excellent with a big selection of fruit, cereals and tea and coffee. Rooms were okay nothing special and not really much room to move about in them. The bathrooms were pretty dirty but bearable. Staff were really friendly and give you tea on arrival. Overall excellent place to stay if you want to be close to the big sights in Istanbul.

Great hostel in a great location. Good breakfast too.

Staff were really welcoming and gave us lots of information and a free map to help us plan our days Istanbul. They also let me print my boarding pass, thanks :) Breakfast is ok, best part is the coffee machine. The food here was really nice. I ordered a tavuk guvec (chicken casserole) which was a beauty. Rooms are basic and there isn't any aircon which was a killer. Also there wasn't many power points in the room so try bring a splitter. Location was spot on and the rooftop terrace was 👍

The description sounds perfect, with nice rooftop and everything. Once there things look different. There is no common room. Only a restaurant and the rooftop is restaurant too. So you only enjoy overpriced drinks there, no outside drinks. Staff was quite uninterested and rude. Good location, but thats not enough.

simply amazing

It was really nice staying here! I stayed on the first two days and the last day of my trip here. The breakfast was so good at this price! Besides, a staff called Sadi is very nice! We chatted in a morning, and he is so interesting and playful which made me laugh!!! I will definitely visit Turkey and stay at this hostel again!!!

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

Excellent breakfast spread, really easy to meet people at breakfast or while eating at the cafe terrace or down below. The staff are very friendly and efficient and the location is really good. Right next to the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia. I stayed in the mixed eight bedroom dorm and would recommend that. The hot water is 24/7 but if tons of other people are showering at the same time the water pressure decreases dramatically. Also it would be nice if the beds had closer outlets.

Orient Hostel was awesome! Firstly, it's a fantastic location as it's very near Sultanahmet Starion. And there's a very pretty view (esp at night) of Aya Sophia and the Blue Mosque from the roof top. The staff were welcoming and very friendly. They were very helpful in sharing info on what to do and where to go. I will surely be recommending this hostel to all my friends who go to Istanbul.

Fantastic Hostel, great location and staff very friendly and helpful

• 5th Jul 2015

Amazing staff! Fantastic rooftop. Loved the free shisha. Thanks guys for taking us out and helping us book the Gallipoli tour :)

good location and really clean.it would have been better if there is more common space

Great hostel I'll be back

Great location and great staff. The bar down stairs was a good surprise and the view from the breakfast area is awesome!

We had a great stay, the staff was very friendly and helped us with every question we had.Thanks guys!!

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

This hostel is in the perfect location. Right on a busy streets of bars and restaurants and only a 3 minute walk to blue mosque and Haga Sophia. Enjoyed my stay here and all the staff were extremely fr3idnly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again :)

Staff is awesome. The bar in the street is always crowded and you can meet some lovely people. Roof top is also great. Only thing they could improve so far is the breakfast.

1 2 Next » last »