Orient Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah. Akbiyik Cad. No:9, 34400 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

The staff were excellent, very friendly, helpful and professional. 24 hour reception. It was noisy at night but that's to be expected with a Youth Hostel with many teenagers staying! Breakfast was good and great views from the terrace. wifi and pcs that are available to guests to use. Great place!

• 26th Mar 2014

this is best place to stay mainly back room's windows open to garden (trees) and birds. Feel looks like your home. Staff are friendly and very helpfull. They have their own travel agency and know the best places is in Istanbul and Turkey. The breakfast is rich and excellent Marmara Sea view

The hostel has an excellent location, rooms are big confortable and clean. Also has a bar where you can drink some cold beer or eat something But the most important for me is that there is a turist agency. One of the recepcionists, Burak, recommended to visit some places and everything was perfect. So if you want to spend the best time in Istanbul and also visit places like Capadocia, Pamukkale and Ephesus, Orient Hostel is the best place!!!

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

We loved everything about this place! The location is very convenient - within walking distance of the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. The rooftop terrace has a view of both, as well as the Bosphorous - beautiful! But the best part was the extremely helpful and friendly staff - they made sure everything was handled and we enjoyed our stay. The rooms are very nice, there is good wifi and the street side bar is the most popular in the area, with lots of fun people. I'll definitely stay here on my ne

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Spain

I was so excited about the upcoming trip to Istanbul and stay in this hostel, I found great reviews - perfect location, caring service, comfortable rooms, value for money - I gladly obliged to confirm all of the above.The room was very clean, confortable, safe.( Special thanks for room upgrade without extra charge). I really recomend this place to spend a nice time in Istanbul... Ps : Try their special coctails in the shisha bar belongs hostel .

• 1st Feb 2014

Wow..what can i say about this hidden gem..all in all this is the best accomodation that i had, while staying in Istanbul. The location is just perfect! The room is absolutely nice .The staff, oh so helpful! The little restaurant /cafe /bar on the first floor..oh wow, Food was amazing!! The waiters..super friendly, Definetely, ı come back here next time when ı m in Istanbul… Ps : Ask to bar staff their special coctail  …

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Turkey

Myself and my girl friend have just returned from a 7 night stay in Orient Hostel. Wow what can I say it was just wonderful. The location is perfect for easy access to restaurant's bars public transport and all the must see tourist attractions.Our suite was very comfortable we had everything we could possibly want. It was great to have the homely feel while on holiday. The staff at Orietn Hostel (especially SD – (SADI ) ) were very helpful giving us useful tips on where to eat and the must do...

• 25th Jan 2014

No requirement to pass the front desk or hostel personnel before proceeding to the rooms, so this is a security concern; the rooms have individual locks and lockers are available, though, so this is good from a security standpoint. Great location, good price, very friendly staff, and a free breakfast - I'd stay here again.

I was bited by bugs there severely. First on hands, then neck, wrists, arms, ankles, legs and even eyelid. Very itching and leave scars. When I complained to staff, the first one tried to deny it. Changing sheets or room did not help.

Excellent location. Nice breakfast. Medium size lockers for free. It's worth the money.

Bad things: rooms in bad conditions, no facilities, really expansive for what it offers, really noisy until late night due to the downstairs hostel's pub( the only place in Sultanahmet open with loud music 'til late night) and far from good night places as pubs, live music, restaurants (Beyoglu). Good thins: good staff, confortable bad, clean bathrooms, near to touristc places. For a first visit in Istanboul choose places here around, for second or further visit go elsewhere near taksim place.

• 27th Dec 2013

Generally everything was very good. Positive side is that is very safe (with the safe at the reception) and near the main sights. Rooms were cleaned and the sheets changed regurarly. The bar is good to meet new people. The staff was very helpful and always had a time to chat with me. I stayed in the room above the bar so I needed earplugs to sleep. I am a light sleeper. Breakfast is basic.

This is my second time to spend there and I definitely will come back. Prime location: Walking distance of the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Saray and all public transport. Roof tarrace, nice breakfast room, good food, safe, nice, clean rooms and bathoom, wi-fi all over the place. The service was amazing. All guys who work there are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable about the area, and they are always there to help and answer to all of your questions. I recommend it to everyone!

Nice, clean rooms and bathrooms. Good food and breakfast included in a price. It's in the middle of Sultanahmet - walking distance of the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Saray and all public transport Bar and terrace in front of hostel was great for hanging out in and meeting new people. TThe staff was very friendly and helpful and service was excellent.

• 29th Nov 2013
  • India

Staff were fantastic, very helpful with information and bookings. They had lock boxes for valuables and would even store electronics and charge them for you! Also, free internet stations that were not busy, showers not busy. However, security coming in the front door and in and out of rooms was questionable. There was often just one key for a dorm, so you could just walk up and say you were in a certain room and get the key, and we had to leave rooms unlocked when occupied.

Solid Hostel. Perfect atmosphere: laid back, but sociable. I think it tends to attract an older (late 20's, early 30's) crowd for that reason. Excellent location for the Sultanahmet. Just keep in mind that it is the historical/tourist centre, so the hostels ARE the nightlife.

Really nice Hostel, frendly staff with an excelent location, close to the main places and attractions in a walking distance, awesome view at the terrace, specialy at night. I fully recommend this place.

My second time in Istanbul and The Orietn is The best! No more! Grettings for the guys! ;)

The location and security and all that was good but the staff was somewhat rude and unaccommodating. You aren't allowed to go into any other room in the hostel to visit a friend and I was asked to return my key to the front desk whenever I left the hostel. Nice place, just some strange rules.

Quite noisy in the evenings till midnight. The single room was very small. A nasty light from a neighbour building bothered me at night.