Orient Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah. Akbiyik Cad. No:9, 34400 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Quite noisy in the evenings till midnight. The single room was very small. A nasty light from a neighbour building bothered me at night.

eventhoug i booked the room with 30bed, the guy at reception told me i will stay in room with 8 beds with no extra charge :D the room was on a street side, tends to get noisy during the night, cuz the street is filled with pubs and restaurants..but with earplugs is no problem... super friendly staff, nice breakfast, a grocery right by the hostel...only thing i minded was the lack of AC..but still, a definite recommend

Very good location. Friendly English speaking staff.

Excellent hostel! Very close to everything in the old city. Very clean and the staff is pretty helpful. Breakfast is fantastic and their rooftop bar is pretty darn cool. Can't say enough good things about this place!

Overall I had a good experience at Orient. Only downside were some of the staff overtly hit on the girls i was with. Guys behind the desk were awesome and the extra amenities that are usually charged were given for free!

Really good location. Helpfull staff and very friendly. We paid 40 euros for a double room with aircon and shared bathroom wht its good for europe but on istanbul you can find better prices. Anyway i recommend the hostel for the location, rooftop and staff.

Fantastic vibe! all the sfatt were amazing so friendly and helpful except one guy who kept on trying to hit on me it was very uncomfortable!. otherwise i thoroughly enjoyed me stay and would stay there again.

Location, ambience, convenience, friendliness and plus I got it all at this hostel for my stay of 4 nights. Room was extra-clean as per the hostel standards and so were the bathrooms.I was just stone throw away from Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque and "THE" hustle-bustle that Sultanahmet has to offer. Evening view from the Hostel Terrace is magnificent which gives 360 of Sophia, Blue Mosque and Marmara Sea. I met people from other hostels who came to their terrace for this view!

• 3rd Aug 2013

Lovely hostel, very friendly staff especially Sadi the main host who customised my stay in Istanbul perfectly. Arrived very early on the Tuesday morning, but despite the time I was able to check in, shower and catch up on a little sleep. Toilets / showers are good and quilted toilet paper is a great touch.roof terrace is spectacular, though disappointingly isn't open until 11am so I wasn't able to take sun rise pics. Tip: In my opinion avoid largest size dorm,

Amazing hostel. Full of fun loving people and a really great vibe. Perfect location! Close enough to walk to the Grand Bazaar, down the road from the blue mosque yet locked away in a perfect little street away from all the hussle and bussle. I would only stay here!

Friendly start, great location. Rooms are a bit dirty, and don t have AC.

Sadi, at night reception, was very friendly, helpful and just plain awesome. The hostel was clean. The breakfast that was included helps save money for the entire trip. Definitely on the list of MOST AWESOME HOSTELS EVER. Book it, NOW.

• 28th Jul 2013
  • Taiwan

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent next to all main attractions. Had a good atmosphere downstairs where you can meet other people.

Great location in the heart of Istanbul. The 30 bed dorm is alright but the toilets were dirty all the time. One guy that works there were really rude all the time we stayed so it takes down the rating.

Bathroom: several times there was no soap in the dispensers. Maybe additional notices right on toilet paper dispenser to NOT put paper in the toilet? [a few times people did this anyway]s. Good breakfast - food and location! [on rooftop]. Staff helpful with arranging flights, and extending my stay. Beds comfortable.

Dear guest, thanks for you review. I wish you have warned us about this issue while you were staying here. I remember very well, you were so nice and enjoying talking to us about any other things. This could have been improved if you have told us the first day. Happy travels!

Excellent location, great view from the terrace, friendly and helpful staff. But was impossible sleep in the front room, the street is very busy at night. Good breakfast included, but you cannot drink and eat your own food inside the hostel.

I was greeted with hot apple tea when I arrived at 5.30am. They let me check in early and have a nap, great service! and they have luggage storage which was super handy on my last day of sightseeing around Istanbul. My Aunt stayed here 25 years ago and recommended it...Its still good!! :)

• 4th Jul 2013
  • New Zealand

A solid hostel on all fronts, but nothing all that special. Clean, with professional staff who answered all my questions. The location would be excellent except that it's a pain to drag luggage down from the tram to the hostel... the airline shuttle service is definitely worth it if you have a bulky bag, as Istanbul public transportation gets REALLY crowded.

Super friendly staff, great rooftop bar and walking distance to all attractions in Sultanahmet. Hot and clean showers, plenty of toilets, comfy beds and staff were very helpful. Highly recommend!

Awesome stay. Couldn't get a better location is sultanamhet. Walking distance to many great sites and museums. Heaps of pubs and hostels on same street. Good cheap food so close. Great atmosphere met so many people. Had only booked 1 night but extended stay. Bar down stairs of hostel on street great for meeting people. Roof top bar has awesome view of the bosphorus sea. Recommend the hostel. Would stay there again. Great staff took me out when they knocked off work for beers! I love turkey!!!!!