Orient Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah. Akbiyik Cad. No:9, 34400 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

I would like to thank the hard work of the staff for keeping the place clean. They always gave me warm smile whenever I came across them.

Great bar/lounge

The hostel staff are splendid--friendly, helpful, and have a sense of humor. I got invaluable advice not only from the travel agency in the hostel (which is great by the way), but the staff as well. Breakfast was great, with french toast, fresh tomato, cucumber, hard boiled egg, cereal, yogurt.. Shower isn't the best. Shower taps make water come down funny, but the temperature is fine and it's spacious inside. Bar/cafe attached to hostel is a great place to hang around. Loud at night.

I loved staying at the Orient Hostel. First of all the staff was super helpful. They gave wonderful directions to places around sultahnamet, and let me borrow a power adapter while I stayed there. The food is good there and the price is decent. You can eat dinner up on the rooftop terrace and the views are amazing. The Hostile is also very safe with lockers, safety deposit boxes, and a luggage room. I would definitely recommend staying there.

• 19th Jun 2013

Awesome hostel.

I really enjoyed my time in orienthostel! The staff is kind, breakfast is good and the terrace on the roof and the café with shisha in front of the hostel is definetly a plus!

Wonderful hostel! highly recommend! The location is absolutely great, so close to the Blue Mosque and Aya Sophia and easy walking to the grand bazar. The staff made our welcome to Istanbul and our stay a highlight we will not soon forget! Will absolutely stay here when in Istanbul next. Many thanks to the team at the orient!

Roof top terrace for the win 30 bed dorm was pretty clean

Loved the roof terrace awesome views.

We stayed here in May/June and definitely enjoyed it. The rooftop terrace is one of the best, the staff was very helpful (and it was especially nice and easy to have in-house travel agency help) and the price is right. The only drawbacks were a low shower:bed ratio and hard mattresses. The front rooms (the 8-bed dorms) on the first floor are also INCREDIBLY noisy from the bar below, but the staff let us switch rooms after we asked the next morning. Avoid these rooms unless you'll be out late.

I absolutely loved this hostel. The staff were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble. The food was great, every time and I would highly recommend it to travelers wanting to meet new friends over a beer and shisha. 10/10

A nice stay, where u can find one of the best view of Bosphore and Mosquee(Bar On Top)

• 14th May 2013

Excellent hostel and staff

• 10th May 2013
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

should provide more style food at dinner

The hostel has a nice bar outside always with lots of young people; It is cleaned everyday; The tips of the staff are priceless (prices of taxis, and so on) The breakfast is not that good and the woman who is serving it never smiled to us!

Great stay. Staff were very helpful.

Excellent breakfast, clean room, free money lockers, good terrace view , cool receptionist, EXCELLENT!!!

• 1st May 2013
  • Macedonia

It is the second time I went to this hostel cause I loved it the first time. The staff is amazing and so is the location; the breakfast is very good. The atmosphere is what I liked the most, it helps a lot to socialize and meet new people. Absolutely reccomended!

we were very pleased with our stay, above average and will stay again, and recomend it to our friends

• 22nd Apr 2013
  • Couple, 41+

good location street it is on is all hostels and cafes good staff and breakfeast but sometimes it is noisy at night due to noise from upstairs restaurant bar and other guests late at night but that is part of being at a hostel but a good hostel overall