Orient Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah. Akbiyik Cad. No:9, 34400 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Staff were very friendly and helpful, great location. Enjoyed the breakfast given in the morning (french toast was fantastic!) would definitely return.

Great location on busy but fun street. Six person room on back side of hostel shared bathrooms with 30-person room. House keeping tried to keep bathrooms clean but were overwhelmed but the number of people. WiFi on every floor worked good in the mornings but by late afternoon slowed down to unusable due to the high number of users. Management tried resetting routers many times but like most WiFi in Istanbul, it was slow.

Great hostel, very close to main attractions and things are easy to get to. Staff is willing to help and tell you of places to go and the bar on site has great atnosphere in the evening

I stayed in he Orient hostel four nights. The location was absolutely great for me. I loved the busy street in the night, even the windows of my room were to the road. (the femal 8 bed room is located just about the bar and the busy street. No airconditioning, so closing the windows was not possilbe.)You will definitely need ear plugs if you want to sleep before 2pm, but with them it worked just right! The hostel was clean, convinient price, the staff at the reception very helpful and nice.

Really friendly and helpful staff. Special notice for bicycle travellers: This is the only hostel in Sultanahmet that is really "bicycle tourists" friendly. There is possible to park bicycles inside the hostel at a small contryard, not on a street (like we get answer from the others…). Staff helped us with transfer from/to the Airport (incl. only bicycle box transfer airport -> hostel). Staff also kept our bicycle box in the hostel luggage storage room during our long bicycle journey. Thanks!

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Staff and breakfast were amazing and view from rooftop unbelievable. Singe n Hassan were fun, friendly and helpful. Thanks for an amazing stay.

The staff are all amazing. I plan to stay there again when I pass through Istanbul later in the month. Also the complimentary breakfast is fantastic. I only wish it had hot water.

Great place to stay - tons of bars and restaurants on this street, and easy to walk to major sights from here. Clean rooms, excellent breakfast spread on roof terrace.

Staff were really helpful !!!!

A pleasant place for a short stop-over, Helpful staff and a generous breakfast. Booking service for Cappadocia and Varna was excellent. The house computers needed some serious attention

I spent just one night but I had a great time. Staff was extraordinary helpful. The hostel is very nice and what I appreciate most, very clean. What more, it has probably one of the most beautiful view from roof terrace. Thanks all you guys, for sure I will return to Orient hostel.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Poland

You guys have a fantastic location; also, having wifi available was immensely helpful for my trip. Thanks!

The staff were excellent, very friendly, helpful and professional. 24 hour reception. It was noisy at night but that's to be expected with a Youth Hostel with many teenagers staying! Breakfast was good and great views from the terrace. wifi and pcs that are available to guests to use. Great place!

• 26th Mar 2014

this is best place to stay mainly back room's windows open to garden (trees) and birds. Feel looks like your home. Staff are friendly and very helpfull. They have their own travel agency and know the best places is in Istanbul and Turkey. The breakfast is rich and excellent Marmara Sea view

The hostel has an excellent location, rooms are big confortable and clean. Also has a bar where you can drink some cold beer or eat something But the most important for me is that there is a turist agency. One of the recepcionists, Burak, recommended to visit some places and everything was perfect. So if you want to spend the best time in Istanbul and also visit places like Capadocia, Pamukkale and Ephesus, Orient Hostel is the best place!!!

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

We loved everything about this place! The location is very convenient - within walking distance of the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. The rooftop terrace has a view of both, as well as the Bosphorous - beautiful! But the best part was the extremely helpful and friendly staff - they made sure everything was handled and we enjoyed our stay. The rooms are very nice, there is good wifi and the street side bar is the most popular in the area, with lots of fun people. I'll definitely stay here on my ne

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Spain

I was so excited about the upcoming trip to Istanbul and stay in this hostel, I found great reviews - perfect location, caring service, comfortable rooms, value for money - I gladly obliged to confirm all of the above.The room was very clean, confortable, safe.( Special thanks for room upgrade without extra charge). I really recomend this place to spend a nice time in Istanbul... Ps : Try their special coctails in the shisha bar belongs hostel .

• 1st Feb 2014

Wow..what can i say about this hidden gem..all in all this is the best accomodation that i had, while staying in Istanbul. The location is just perfect! The room is absolutely nice .The staff, oh so helpful! The little restaurant /cafe /bar on the first floor..oh wow, Food was amazing!! The waiters..super friendly, Definetely, ı come back here next time when ı m in Istanbul… Ps : Ask to bar staff their special coctail  …

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Turkey

Myself and my girl friend have just returned from a 7 night stay in Orient Hostel. Wow what can I say it was just wonderful. The location is perfect for easy access to restaurant's bars public transport and all the must see tourist attractions.Our suite was very comfortable we had everything we could possibly want. It was great to have the homely feel while on holiday. The staff at Orietn Hostel (especially SD – (SADI ) ) were very helpful giving us useful tips on where to eat and the must do...

• 25th Jan 2014

No requirement to pass the front desk or hostel personnel before proceeding to the rooms, so this is a security concern; the rooms have individual locks and lockers are available, though, so this is good from a security standpoint. Great location, good price, very friendly staff, and a free breakfast - I'd stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7