Orient Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah. Akbiyik Cad. No:9, 34400 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Staff was super nice and accommodating! They helped me arrange airport transfer which as a single female was very reassuring. Great terrace!! Only thing is the room itself was a bit dingy and there was only one sheet so it was a bit cold. But would still highly recommend!

excellent location, nice bathroom n shower, very good breakfast, n with a travel agency at the entrance in case u want to go to another city. friendly personnel

is really good located! was clean, you get free lockers and a key for the room. breakfast on the rooftop is really nice. no common room and no kitchen. So it was not so easy to met other people. staff give some information but thats it.

Rooms were absolutely tiny. Two power points in a room for 6 people. Small sink in the room which was good, one shower and toilet for 12 beds. Our room was immensely noisy, the corridor/stairwell was narrow and concrete and echoed like nothing else, and we had some super noisy and inconsiderate neighbours. No aircon in the room, just a noisy fan. Wifi was ok and free. Good for a cheap stay.

Hostal muy b'asico pero muy bien ubicado.

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Spain

Well situated bud fare away from all the club and bar of the city. Close to the mains attractions. Cool bar at the hostel smoke aloy of chicha there!

Staff are friendly. Clean rooms. Can help you plan trips elsewhere. Decent price for Istanbul.

I only stayed one night, but i couldn't find a single problem with this hostel even if I looked with a magnifying glass. The staff (most important part usually) was pretty sweet and friendly, accommodated my requests and helped me with valuable suggestions for getting around Istanbul with the limited time I had on this trip. The day I go back to Istanbul I will stay again. Thank you so much for everything!

Thanks for nice words Aida, we are trying to do our best. Looking forward to seeing you again :) Orient Team

shower roof was mouldy and the staff aren't too pleasant however had a good stay and met heaps of great people.

Great cheap hostel in perfect location in Sultanahmet easy 5-10 min walk from blue mosque and a lot of tourist attractions. Food better and cheaper in karakoy of outside this area but great location and safe. Staff super friendly. Not a whole lot of organised activities/atmosphere to meet people but travelled with a few friends anyway.

Bon accueil, staff qui donne des renseignements, pas de pression pour consommer ou s'inscrire à des excursions. Un peu bruyant le soir à cause de la musique mais à part ça, rien à redire. Très correct pour les étudiants à petits budgets.

• 21st Aug 2015

The staff here is GREAT and very accomodating. They welcomed me with apple tea helped me resolve any problem I had. The salesman/tourist agent on site can feel a little pushy, but I think that may just be the selling culture in Istanbul. The location is right around the corner from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia. The 8-bed rooms don't have A/C, but use a fan. The 4-bed dorm has A/C, but check the temperature it's at.

Super cheap and fantastic location. Free breakfast and rooftop bar. 30 beds in a room was a bit much, but how can you complain when everything else is great?

Great hostel! We had an amazing time, the staff was awesome. The only thing missing according to me would be more common areas. Of course, you can sit at the restaurant or on the terrace, but you always feel like you have to order something and it's hard on the wallet ;) There is a common room near the reception, but it's really small.

Do not mix hostel with tours-restaurant-pub

I loved staying in this hostel. The staff were so friendly and helpful, and even upgraded my room for free! Perfect location- 2 minutes from the Aya Sofia, Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace, great free breakfast and restaurant/ bar. Oh and the rooftop view is AMAZING.

really enjoyee my time here. the staff were really friendly and the location is amazing. the on site tour agency planned my whole trip and it was incredible

Great location and one of the guys allowed me to have an early check in as i was on the road for so long! Thanks! The rooms are decent and the bed was comfy enough and having a half full dorm was amazing! The terrace is nice but not as amazing as other reviews nake it out to be, along with the breakfast. had no issues tho and the staff were nice enough. althought the wifi was very very bad. good place to sleep though

Amazing location, 5 minute walk from Aya Sofia and the blue mosque. Breakfast each morning was also excellent with a big selection of fruit, cereals and tea and coffee. Rooms were okay nothing special and not really much room to move about in them. The bathrooms were pretty dirty but bearable. Staff were really friendly and give you tea on arrival. Overall excellent place to stay if you want to be close to the big sights in Istanbul.

Great hostel in a great location. Good breakfast too.

« first « Prev 1 2 3