Orient Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah. Akbiyik Cad. No:9, 34400 Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Great hostel I'll be back

Great location and great staff. The bar down stairs was a good surprise and the view from the breakfast area is awesome!

We had a great stay, the staff was very friendly and helped us with every question we had.Thanks guys!!

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

This hostel is in the perfect location. Right on a busy streets of bars and restaurants and only a 3 minute walk to blue mosque and Haga Sophia. Enjoyed my stay here and all the staff were extremely fr3idnly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again :)

Staff is awesome. The bar in the street is always crowded and you can meet some lovely people. Roof top is also great. Only thing they could improve so far is the breakfast.

Wish there was an actual common room to meet people in. Great location, great reception staff -friendly and helprful. Too bad no cucumbers/tomato for breakfast. Odd for a hostel to have a posted happy hour, but no one ever seemed to be at terrace for it?

Bathrooms need to get a good cleaning and the showers were Terrible; it would be nice to have a little bit of atmosphere in the bedrooms; the steel bunk beds and white walls were pretty depressing; but the staff is amazing and very welcoming but I would not return to this hostel.

• 13th May 2015

Excellent location. The view from the rooftop shows the Bosphorus on one side and the Blue Mosque/Haga Sophia on the other. The staff is very friendly. The only negative point for me was the very loud music until very late from the bar on the ground floor. But depending on the room you are in, you can ou can't hear it...

The staff were friendly and accommodating. The location was very good in relation to the main tourist attrations, the bar below was a bit loud til late but once I was asleep it wasn't an issue. Would recommend :)

Die Ansprechpartner sind freundlich und hilfsbereit und sprechen gutes Englisch. Die Toiletten und Duschen sind nicht dreckig, aber absolut lieblos, klein, kahl und dunkel. Die Bettwäsche ist unangenehm, es gibt nur 2 Steckdosen für sechs Leute, das Fenster ließ sich nicht richtig öffnen. Insgesamt ist das Hostel absolut okay, aber das Gefühl eines richtigen Hostels hat es nicht. Äußerst positiv: In fünf Minuten ist man an der Sultanahmet-Station und noch schneller schon am Topkaki-Palast :)

• 1st May 2015

A great welcoming staff can make you see the unexpected from istanbul. Enjoyed my stay there. I recommend it!

• 30th Apr 2015

Very organized place. Clean installations and confortable beds. Breakfast real good too. My problem with the place was that there is no common kitchen and no common living room. These for me are the best places to hang with people. For me that gives the place some kind of hotel vibe and that's really not what I search when I look for a hostel.

This place is AMAZING. Everything you could ever want in a hostel. The friendly staff will help you with anything you need and the room is great too. They helped us book a hot air balloon trip to Cappadocia and Yûcel even taught us how to make real Turkish coffee. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Istanbul!

Overall very good stay staff were awesome... They organised our whole turkey trip for is at good price good food fun social side too ... Good location ... Shower and toilets pretty average but nothing you still cant use ... Very happy with our stay.

a few more plugs inside the rooms would be handy

Perfect location, nice and welcoming hosts, clean, and everything ok in general. So happy for have chosen this hostel. Incredible terrace. I will come back !!

Es war alles super: Frühstück, Lage, Mitarbeiter, Ausstattung, Preis-Leistung... Alles super toll!! Aber das integrierte Restaurant finde ich leider zu teuer. Ein normales Bier für 10 TL? Zu viel! Sonst hätte ich öfters dort gegessen, wenn es preislich in Ordnung gewesen wäre. Die Atmosphäre im Restaurant war sehr gut, es wäre aber toll, wenn im Hostel selbst ein wenig mehr los wäre, mit anderen Backpackern rumsitzen und quatschen. Bitte richtet ein Common Room ein, ich will Leute kennenlernen:)

Great stay at Orient! Staff were excellent, good atmosphere, 30 bed dorm is big but still fairly comfortable.

The staff was very kind with us and the hostel is located near the main touristic points of Istanbul, such as the Cisterns, the Blue Mosque and the Aya Sofia! We missed some sockets in the room, because we were in a room with 6 beds, but there were only 2 sockets, which make it difficult to charge all the phones and cameras. Still, the room apparently was not cleaned everyday. After all, it was a great stay and I would recommend it to a friend!

Me gustó mucho la atención, les recomendaría abrir un área o zona donde se puedan reunir los viajeros para poder conocerse y poder tomar sus propias bebidas escuchando música. Podrían hacerlo en la sala donde se hace el desayuno.

• 1st Apr 2015