Oriental Riverside Residence Reviews

78 Jalan Kampung Pantai, Melaka, Malaysia

Oriental Riverside Residence is a wonderful place to stay in Melaka - fantastic location by the river minutes away from Jonker Street, great rooms, fair price. The owners are lovely and very helpful too. Highly recommended if you are looking for a chilled homestay in one of the most beautiful cities in Malaysia.

• 16th Jul 2015

Super friendly staffs, informative and high hospitality, feeling like a family. When i reached at night and asked about hot drink, they offered me coffee and bread in the kitchen. They provided me information when i required. Sweet smile always on their faces. Thank you. Another think i like this place is Jonker Street is just 3 minutes walking distance.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Location of the guest house is pretty excellent. Besides Aris is so kind that we talked so much things and gave us many advice in Melaka. We lived in a twin room without a window this is point that I feel is not good enough but other things are fine.

Overall it was a good stay. The staffs are friendly. The best thing I like about it is we have key of the main entrance door. Make me feel secured to leave behind my belongings even if the staff is not around. Above all this , it could be better if the partitioned room has more sound absorbed. It would make me feel more comfortable and enjoy own private space better. Regarding the toilet , it was clean and fresh, however one of the toilet's light was blown out since night til next day.Thk

• 2nd May 2015
  • Malaysia

I really enjoyed staying in this hostel, but really it was more of a hotel as I had my own room, but with the feel of a home stay. It is a lovely location by the river and the staff are very friendly, sometimes the English can be hard to understand so could take a few tries to get the correct communication. Nevertheless I felt very welcomed here and enjoyed making small talk with the owner and staff. This place felt like a home from home and I found it a very relaxing and quiet stay.

No common space to enjoy the river, couch was continuously occupied by hotel staff talking on the opine and watching TV. The bathrooms and single rooms without AC smelt mouldy and were very hot. The rooms with AC were 80 RM, therefore compared to other hotels I would say this was below average for the price.