Oriental Riverside Residence Reviews

78 Jalan Kampung Pantai, Melaka, Malaysia

Great view along the riverside, quiet. Nice staff, thx for upgrading my room.

Very nice hotel, friendly and helpful staff! Location was good too, right by jonker street and the river!

Very clean hostel in an excellent location, Chinatown and Jonker street are on your doorstep with all the main sights less than 5 minutes walk. The owner, Yan, is very friendly and helpful.

Nice place and good location. Close to food so recommended

When I got there they sent me to another hotel. So the review applies for the other one.

Yan was a brilliant host. I arrived, single female late on a friday night. He changed my room from a single with fan to double with AC, but it was clean & tidy, no bed bugs. Showers were good for the area, basic but good. You could go onto the riverwalk from the kitchen, and were 5 mins walk from Jonker Street - straight after i arrived Yan suggested I go to the night market, so i didn't miss it. A good tip, as were his tips on food - and he had a good map too. Thoroughly recommend this place.

Apart from the loud airconditioning pump that self activated from time to time and a bug crawled on the bed, everything was nice. The owner was very kind and friendly. I parked my car near the housing area opposite of Kota Laksamana, and walked over to the guest house because to park near the guest house, parking coupons are required.

• 22nd May 2014
  • Malaysia

Everything is good

• 9th May 2014
  • Thailand

This is a good value hostel for a small budget. We took the deluxe room witch is nice and spacious. The shared bathroom is just next door. There is free coffee in the morning and Yan, the owner helps where he can.

I come late around 21.00, and they are still waiting for me and up grade my booking from single room to double with the same price due to single room was sold out. Thank you and will recommend this hostel to my friend who will hiding to Mellaca.