Oriental Riverside Residence Reviews

78 Jalan Kampung Pantai, Melaka, Malaysia

Great view along the riverside, quiet. Nice staff, thx for upgrading my room.

Very nice hotel, friendly and helpful staff! Location was good too, right by jonker street and the river!

Very clean hostel in an excellent location, Chinatown and Jonker street are on your doorstep with all the main sights less than 5 minutes walk. The owner, Yan, is very friendly and helpful.

Nice place and good location. Close to food so recommended

When I got there they sent me to another hotel. So the review applies for the other one.

Yan was a brilliant host. I arrived, single female late on a friday night. He changed my room from a single with fan to double with AC, but it was clean & tidy, no bed bugs. Showers were good for the area, basic but good. You could go onto the riverwalk from the kitchen, and were 5 mins walk from Jonker Street - straight after i arrived Yan suggested I go to the night market, so i didn't miss it. A good tip, as were his tips on food - and he had a good map too. Thoroughly recommend this place.

Apart from the loud airconditioning pump that self activated from time to time and a bug crawled on the bed, everything was nice. The owner was very kind and friendly. I parked my car near the housing area opposite of Kota Laksamana, and walked over to the guest house because to park near the guest house, parking coupons are required.

• 22nd May 2014
  • Malaysia

Everything is good

• 9th May 2014
  • Thailand

This is a good value hostel for a small budget. We took the deluxe room witch is nice and spacious. The shared bathroom is just next door. There is free coffee in the morning and Yan, the owner helps where he can.

I come late around 21.00, and they are still waiting for me and up grade my booking from single room to double with the same price due to single room was sold out. Thank you and will recommend this hostel to my friend who will hiding to Mellaca.

I spend for 3 days and 2 nights at Oriental Riverside Residence, I found it very comfortable, the room and the bath room is clean, and in "proper" size, some of the hotel I visit have a very small room and bath room, that make me barely to move. The staff is nice and friendly, they show me how to get around and give some suggestion. The location is good, near the attraction place, last but not least, have no complain about the wifi.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Indonesia

Good location, a good place for the backpacker. Very good value for the price.

• 11th Feb 2014
  • China

I made a good choice to stay at Oriental Riverside Residence during my visit in Malacca. The room is clean, the place is easy to find and it's quite enough at night, the back view is nice, and Wan is very nice person to talk with. I don't mind to stay here again if I come back to Malacca someday.

주인아저씨가 말라카 관광지, 맛집 등 설명해주셔서 좋았고, 게스트하우스를 찾는건 조금 어려웠지만 바로 옆에 강이 있어서 경관이 너무 좋았다.

Wonderful! I can't rate this hostel highly enough. Yan was amazing. He stayed up until 2am after our bus was delayed by 13 hours, and our room was very clean and comfortable. We had only originally booked for 1 night but ended up staying 3 as we loved it so much!