Oriental Riverside Residence Reviews

78 Jalan Kampung Pantai, Melaka, Malaysia

I come late around 21.00, and they are still waiting for me and up grade my booking from single room to double with the same price due to single room was sold out. Thank you and will recommend this hostel to my friend who will hiding to Mellaca.

I spend for 3 days and 2 nights at Oriental Riverside Residence, I found it very comfortable, the room and the bath room is clean, and in "proper" size, some of the hotel I visit have a very small room and bath room, that make me barely to move. The staff is nice and friendly, they show me how to get around and give some suggestion. The location is good, near the attraction place, last but not least, have no complain about the wifi.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Indonesia

Good location, a good place for the backpacker. Very good value for the price.

• 11th Feb 2014
  • China

I made a good choice to stay at Oriental Riverside Residence during my visit in Malacca. The room is clean, the place is easy to find and it's quite enough at night, the back view is nice, and Wan is very nice person to talk with. I don't mind to stay here again if I come back to Malacca someday.

주인아저씨가 말라카 관광지, 맛집 등 설명해주셔서 좋았고, 게스트하우스를 찾는건 조금 어려웠지만 바로 옆에 강이 있어서 경관이 너무 좋았다.

Wonderful! I can't rate this hostel highly enough. Yan was amazing. He stayed up until 2am after our bus was delayed by 13 hours, and our room was very clean and comfortable. We had only originally booked for 1 night but ended up staying 3 as we loved it so much!

Stayed for 1 night. Yan and Wan was really helpfull and nice!!! They were very welcoming...

No blankets provided

Perfect place to stay! Staff was very helpful and very nice!

We had a very nice stay. Location is good, the hostel is very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly.

I was in a single room which only had an internal window. Pretty hot but ok with fan. I internet works.

Love the quiet and peaceful stay, the owner is awesome and very helpful.

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Malaysia

The place is about 3-5 minutes away from Jonker Street and the back faces the river, which is really nice at night. The owner is nice and gave some advice about places to see and where to eat. I stayed in a double bed room in the first floor without any windows. The room was comfy enough with an AC and a fan (which I didn't use), but if you can, get a room with a window. I think it would be much better.

We loved our stay at oriental riverside residence, it is a lovely place situated at the river and everything is walking distance, if you step out the front your in China town, go out the back, walk by the river and you will find interesting sides out of the history of penang. The place is nice and clean and room nr 8 is definitely recommended with lovely river views, airconditioning and fan. The lady who runs the place is very friendly although her English could use some improvement.

We think the owner switches our room with another guest 'cause we book a double bed but we get a twin bed instead. Our door is next to main door we hear every noise from outside that why i think no one want it. After we show booking document to her, the answer is no double bed for this rate (the word "double bed' is on our document). After that she told we book for 2 men so she has to prepare a twin bed for us(very nonsense!!!). Please tell me and my wife how we can show our gender on your web.

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Thailand

Really nice friendly and clean hostel. Owner was very nice. Location brilliant!

Good accomondation. Booked a Basic double room. Rom was clean. Would stay here again.

the room is very clean and the map provided was very useful.

The hostel-staff is very friendly and good informed. This gaves me a warm welcome, as a solo-traveller.

• 29th Oct 2013