Oriental Riverside Residence Reviews

78 Jalan Kampung Pantai, Melaka, Malaysia

Very friendly host, helpful, courteous and polite person.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • India

This is my second time to Oriental Riverside Residence, miss Wan, since he's not working there anymore, move to another place, but the lady who replace Wan place is very nice, Yan the owner, still hang up there sometime, overall, Oriental Riverside Residence is a very nice place, enjoy staying there.

Probably no lucky with the room... without windows to the outside; no air con as was advertise, only a fan; humidity on the walls despite that was clean... I had to pay on the arrival without seeing the room first. Didn't stay for the second night. I left the place without a word in english. Only thing positive was, the guy that received me in the entrance gave me indications from places to visit and to eat, not all accurate. Basically, I do not recommend.

Minden rendben volt. Már többször is megszálltam itt. Ajánlom mindenkinek.

The location was good and the facilities were clean and functional. Other than that, I was very dissatisfied with my stay - "owner" couldn't speak much English, drabby, overpriced room, had to lock the front door when going in and out, room was too near the front door and TV (noisy), toilet was upstairs (and had to cut in front of the TV to get to the stairs) - the awkward intimacy of staying in someone's home without any of the hospitality.

Very cheap but overall is nice=)

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Really clean floor Strong wifi signal

Nice place, had a 'home' feel to it, like staying the weekend with your auntie. Owner was very sweet and helpful .. Rooms were basic and clean..

Great view along the riverside, quiet. Nice staff, thx for upgrading my room.

Very nice hotel, friendly and helpful staff! Location was good too, right by jonker street and the river!

Very clean hostel in an excellent location, Chinatown and Jonker street are on your doorstep with all the main sights less than 5 minutes walk. The owner, Yan, is very friendly and helpful.

Nice place and good location. Close to food so recommended

When I got there they sent me to another hotel. So the review applies for the other one.

Yan was a brilliant host. I arrived, single female late on a friday night. He changed my room from a single with fan to double with AC, but it was clean & tidy, no bed bugs. Showers were good for the area, basic but good. You could go onto the riverwalk from the kitchen, and were 5 mins walk from Jonker Street - straight after i arrived Yan suggested I go to the night market, so i didn't miss it. A good tip, as were his tips on food - and he had a good map too. Thoroughly recommend this place.