Orsa Maggiore for Women Only Reviews

Via San Francesco di Sales 1/a, Rome, Italy

i enjoyed my stay at orsa maggiore so much ... I hope I can return one day.

• 4th Nov 2014

I love returning to this place; it's like returning to summer camp, meeting new people but safe , but with the same safety and good facilities, (even though the guests' computer doesn't always work). I might add folding clothes drying racks in the rooms.

The ambience lacks touch. Felt as an inmate in a penitentiary. The idea is good supporting this entity, but if you stsying fir more than one night i don't recommend. The ibternet and room key system sucks! I like the.location

no key in the loos!

• 21st Oct 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

This is a great little gem of a hostel. Very clean, great location close to the Vatican and lots of restaurants and shopping, nice breakfast spread. I would definitely stay here again. Thank you!

Fine location, good value for money and an interesting militant initiative (the place belongs to the Casa Internazionale delle Donne) that deserves support. I strongly recommend it. It also hosts a good cheap restaurant where it is possible to have a full lunch (8/10€) for cheap and of course excellent coffee.

Orsa Maggiore was highly recommended to me and met all of my expectations and more. Traveling alone and on a budget, I felt very safe secure and comfortable in a very friendly atmosphere. Walking distance to many of Rome's highlights and in a wonderful and interesting neighborhood. There is even a lovely garden courtyard, I will hope to return to Rome with my daughter and grand daughter and will definitely stay here again.

• 7th Oct 2014

Was not a fan of the Showers. I opted to only use them 1x while we were there. The beds are not supercomfy, and there was not many outlets in the room. You do have a locker in the room for your things which is nice. Close to Vatican!

Orsa Maggiore is a very special place, where every woman, alone or , can while away the time with books, gym equipment, looking the posters and pictures that show the story of woman's liberation movement and some exponent's. But, overall, I think it's very pleasant simply to stay in the courtyiard and to chat with the other women, guests and workers in the hostel. Last but not least, you can enjoy wonderful shows, of course women's shows!

Overall the experience in the Orsa Maggiore Hostel was a nice and pleasant one. The only thing that was a bit annoying was that in some of the showers (in front of room 2, right side) there was sometimes no warm water and that my shampoo was thrown away (though I guess this is my fault as one is not supposed to leave her stuff in public places). Otherwise....having single beds is awesome and I really appreciated that everything was very clean, the staff was friendly and the delicious breakfast.

The location is close to Vatican and not complicated to get there from Termini. The staff was friendly and happy to help. The breakfast was good, not too wide choice, though sufficient. The shower cabin ask for renovation but overall the cleanless was very good. Rather quiet place, which suited me well and great you can sit in the garden if you like. Overall I was satisfied and definitelly would recomend.

Not good. When I arrived I had booked for 3 nights in 4 beds bedroom. She told me about double booking so I could stay 2 nights in 4 beds bedroom and the third night I had to move to larger room. Very basic breakfast, not even fresh bread.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Dear Madam we are sorry for the overbooking. The breakfast buffet consists in: Lavazza espresso caffè and steamed milk for italian cappuccino, tea, chocolate, sliced bread and italian melba toasts, jams, butter, 2 kinds of cheese, yogurts, cake corn flakes.

I took my daughter to Rome for her 21st birthday. we stayed in other accomodation as well as the hostel but we felt most at home at the hostel. most of the staff were lovely and made us feel welcome and safe. it was like a home from home with the big sofas etc. we felt very at ease and the atmosphere is so calm after a busy day in Rome

• 31st Aug 2014

Great location, very nice staff and a good atmosphere. I enjoyed my stay there. They could work on some improvements to the showers. They were ok, but they leaked on the floor and were small.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Nice women only hostel off the river Tiber. Good bed, flat pillow though - ended up folding it in half. Shared showers have good pressure but there is nowhere private to get changed (other than the toilet) so if your room is far from the shower, like mine was, get ready for some creative towel/clothes dances in the shower room. I would definitely recommend as a quiet, safe place to sleep in Rome.

Lovely place to stay! Clean, tidy and spacious rooms. Definitely recommend.

I loved that the rooms had lots of natural light and felt open. You had your own bed, with a night stand,and reading light. The locker was big enough to stick my 25 inch suit case in. I did not like that you did not have a key to get into the hostile. You had to buzz the receptionist every time you came back to the hostel.

There is a kitchen in this hotel, so we can cook

I enjoyed very much staying at Orsa Maggiore. The place and the neighborhood are great, and the staff is very willing to help. I would definitely come back

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Such a nice hostel, with nice staff and big rooms that were very clean. But it was a bit annoying it closed at 3 AM, so we couldnt be out longer