Orsa Maggiore for Women Only Reviews

Via San Francesco di Sales 1/a, Rome, Italy

Just spent several nights at this hostel and it was in a great location! The hostel was very clean and the rooms were nice and simple. I did feel like staff was annoyed when we used the kitchen outside of breakfast hours which is a shame but that only happened once. This is a very safe hostel and quiet if you are looking to meet younger travelers and party this might not be the best place for you. Thanks for everything Orsa Maggiore!

• 27th Jan 2016

Hi, thank you for your review. We apologise if you once felt unconfortable using the kitchen. We are happy to have the kitchen and offer this service to our guests.

Great location, staff where really friendly and helpful loved staying here would definitely come back! Room was big and spacious and was warm! Kitchen was nice and big and other travellers really friendly. Me and my mother had a great stay!

The staff was extremely helpful, rooms spacious, location great and guests friendly. I had a great experience at Orsa Maggiore for Women Only, appreciated the mix of ages of the guests and wouldn't hesitate to return.

• 2nd Dec 2015

Perfect place to stay if the destination of your trip is Vatican!

• 25th Nov 2015
  • Poland

It was difficult to find because there are no big signs. But it's a great place. The staff are very polite. The facilities is very clean and batherooms are great. It was just a little bit cold, but that's ok. Definitely would come back.

Had a very comfortable and goos stay for an amazing price. Was in walking distance to all the main sites and would stay again.

Great hostel!

• 14th Oct 2015

This is the second time I've stayed here since I liked it so much last time I was in Rome. Everything was just as great and I would stay again. easy walking distance to everything. clean, safe, etc.

The corridor was a bit noisy at night, we were in a double-room and needed earplugs to sleep, but with earplugs it was fine! It was really a lovely stay and I will return here everytime I visit Rome with female friends or family members. :)

I had a lovely stay for one week at Orsa Maggiore. Very nice international atmosphere. The neighbourhood Trastevere is very nice, many artists and save area. It is easily to see the highlights by feet (15 minutes walk from Vatican). I highly recommend this place if luxury is not necessary.

Good choice, will probably go there again.

• 14th Sep 2015

Doing a search on how to get to the hostel before you leave is a good idea. Once inside the hostel is very clean and I felt safe & comfortable as it is an all female hostel as a lone traveller I value this above all. It's in a great neighbourhood too! Would definitely recommend!

I really enjoyed my stay at Orsa Maggiore. Very peaceful place in a busy city. Spacious and clean rooms and sanitary facilities. Breakfast was very basic, but nevertheless included in the price.

• 11th Sep 2015

There is one central key for each room. Which means that you leave the key with the reception each time you leave. However, in my case each time I came back to the room the key was in the door with no one in the room (same at night). One big benefit is that there are huge lockers within the room with a personal lock, the lockers are large enough to fit a full sized suitcase and more! Great location easy to walk to the main sites. Wifi only works in the hallways.

Very nice place if you are looking for a quiet place to stay

The hostel is located in nice neighborhood along the river, it is close to the Vatican etc but rather far from the trainstation (you have to take the bus). The atmosphere is quiet, so definitely no party hostel. Th wifi did not work in my room (I stayed in one far from the shared spaces). There is a corridor where you can hang out. Also a garden but no one used that.

Dear Madam, thank you for the review. We wouldl like to specify that we are in the center of Rome in the oldest district of the city, apart from the roman ruins) and that in our web page it is clearly stated that the WIFI is only in the hall and in the breakfast room.

They should clean the refrigerator regularly, for example every Sunday. Or have everyone write the date of buying (not their name) on their products, so it is easy to tell what should be thrown out. The refrigerator was really full and very dirty. Also, it would be more nice if there is a cosy seating area. Now everybody sits alongside each other in the corridor which does not stimulate talking to each other.

I really appreciated the calm atmosphere. The hostel was quiet, peaceful, and clean. The ceiling fan and windows helped with the heat.

Great hostel. Good price! And good location. (Very close walking distance to Vatican; walkable to other sites as well) a little difficult to find initially and breakfast was basically just toast. But I would definitely stay there again!