Orsa Maggiore for Women Only

Fabulous 1986 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 1986 Total Reviews

4th Feb 2017

Fantastic hostel and location! Simple accommodations with ample space. Very safe and welcoming: a quiet place to unwind in quaint Trastevere. Felt just like home. I'll definitely be back.

13th Jan 2017

One of the two bathroom/shower rooms was under renovation during my stay. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Denmark, Female, 25-30
4th Jan 2017

.eRally nice hostel. Clean rooms and facilities. Nice staff. Good location.

• Australia, Female, 41+
29th Dec 2016
7.7

Most of the staff were very helpful- particularly the more mature ones. Happy to get up and assist you and friendly. Plenty of room, bathrooms and places to relax.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
24th Dec 2016
4.6

Terrible. Too basic for any level of comfort. When I knew this within hours of being there they wouldn't refund any even part of my 5 night stay. I left rather than stay in misery and wore the expensive of a second hotel.

Dear Madam, we are sorry if you did not feel comfortable, as the other guests. We offered you to upgrade the room for free, but you refused. We showed you 3 different rooms, but none was good enough for you. As per our cancellation policy you knew that we could not refund the night. This is a XVI Century ex convent (historical building) and almost every guest appreciate beeing here, in a quiet place in the center of Rome.

• China, Female, 25-30
23rd Dec 2016
7.4

The staffs are very nice, warm and helpful. The location is very close to Vaticano City, to a certain sense it is very convenient. Moreover, they have a great kitchen.However, it locates under the bridge, which is very dark and there are very few persons at night. If you travel alone in the winter and if you normally come back very late, it can be very dangerous. Moreover, there isn't hot water. I took shower 4 days with only cold water!!!

• USA, Female, 41+
11th Dec 2016

I loved every minute of my Dec 2016 stay at OM. The hostel came highly recommended by one of my US workmates. I had never stayed at a Hostel before and only had her guidance! In a word, my stay was WONDERFUL! I met many women over the course of my 9-night stay from all over the world. Most spoke English as their 2nd, or even 3rd language while I only spoke English (does Latin or ASL count?). We would meet & discuss cultural differences at breakfast or over a shared dinner. It was amazing!

Thank you! We really appreciated your review and the fact that you met a lot of pleasant women! It is one of the pecularity of our Hostel: you can meet a lot of women and the athmosphere is friendly and relaxing.

• gokun22
  • USA, Female, 18-24
8th Dec 2016

It was good. Try to ask for a room in the back because the front gets a bit noisy and the walls are thin.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
18th Nov 2016

I loved my stay in Orsa Maggiore. The location is excellent, you can pretty much walk to the majority of the major sites, or else there's buses and trams nearby. I found that the nearest grocery shops are across the river within a 10 minute walk. My room was basic but very comfortable, and had good wifi coverage. Showers could do with an update, but the facilities were fine. Spent my evenings in the kitchen making dinner & chatting to other guests, and made friends I hope to stay in touch with!

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
17th Nov 2016
6.3

Firstly the location is hard to find as no obvious signs are provided in the street. Secondly, the door and locker can not be locked. Last but not lease there is a serious lack of electric plug in my room (6 beds female dorm). People have to unplug and let others to use. That is causing so much problem.

Dear Madam, we provide very good directions (that's what our guests say), and outside the door there is a sign. We told you that we sell lockers, but you did not want to buy one. Close to every bed there is the plug, and there are spare ones in the room, so you do not need to ask other guests to unplug theirs.