Orsa Maggiore for Women Only Reviews

Via San Francesco di Sales 1/a, Rome, Italy

There is no better place! Amazing location, tall ceilings, and a lovely, relaxed environment. My place to stay in Rome from here on out.

the only point that I would recommend to get better is the cleanliness of the toilets. apart that, everything went great!

• 13th May 2015

Orsa Maggiore was a really nice place in a great location. It felt safe and the staff was incredible kind. I decided to stay one more night and they helped me out perfectly. I stayed in an 8-bed room, but it turned out to be only 4 beds with a little gap in the ceiling connecting the room to another 4-bed room. Only downside: there was only one key to the room, however, it worked okay, and there are lockers inside. Also, there are no locks on the barhroom doors, if you are shy about that stuff.

• 11th May 2015
  • Sweden

Such a quaint and cute experience! It had a very leisurely and low-key as well as homey atmosphere. The people who run it live there so they are always very helpful and you can count on them to always be there for help and advice! It's pretty obscurely located within a street, but it's also very secure. Complimentary breakfasts out on the terrace was such a lovely thing to do every morning I was there, as well! Sort of old fashioned, but in a delightful way. Overall a wonderful stay!

Hope to come back soon!

Great location!

great! we will return

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

First time I ever stayed in a hostel for women only, but it was a very pleasant stay. Location is perfect, staff is awesome and always willing to help. Free wifi, free lockers, towels and breakfast included are also a big plus. Beds were really comfy. Overall I can say if I get to Rome again this is where I wanna stay!

Good atmosphere, good breakfast, staff was friendly. Easy walk to most major tourist spots. About a 5-10 minute walk away from good restaurants and shopping. 20 minutes to Vatican. Would recommend to all female solo travelers.

During the day it was easy to enter the hostel which I appreciated; however, I was also skeptical because I wasn't sue how easy it was for others to enter the hostel either. While there is a receptionist who checks in and sees everyone who enters, I walked by new receptionists twice who didn't ask who I was or anything.

• 2nd Apr 2015

This hostel was in a great location-close to all the tourist attractions yet away from the crowds. I did like that there were no bunk beds and they had a great espresso machine. But if you are looking for a hostel with a lot of planned activities this is not for you. There isn't really a common area and there is no wifi in the rooms.

It is a fantastic place to be for a single woman! Thank you for beeing there!

I have stayed at coed dorms and didn't think an all-female hostel would make a difference. But I found that it makes a big difference. It is quieter, safer and you feel more at ease. There are all age-ranges of women. They provide huge lockers with keys; they change beds every day; the breakfast spread isn't eye-popping but there is free espresso and a fridge; the mattresses are firm. Few negs: They charge for towels, and if you pay them to do laundry, make sure they separate your clothes.

• 26th Mar 2015

I had a wonderful time staying at Orsa Maggiore for Women Only. I felt so safe, and comfortable, I was left in peace and quiet when I needed it, or could chat with other guests when I wanted to. Everyone was respectful and so helpful and friendly! I would definitely visit again and I wish so much that every city had a hostel like this one for women only! Thank you so much to the women from Orsa Maggiore :)

• 26th Mar 2015

We enjoyed our stay at the safe and quiet Orsa Maggiore! We were the youngest people there by far, but were still comfortable and happy

This place is the perfect place to stay in Rome. It felt very peaceful and homelike. The neighborhood is traditional, winding streets filled with cafes, shops, artisans.

A great hostile that attracts more adults traveling on a budget than backpackers, so the sleep conditions are very decent even in a shared room.. Beds where made and rooms cleaned every day. Breakfast and coffee is waiting for you in the morning, which is more than a lot of places offer! The staff was very kind. Would recommend. Unfortunately not near a metro stop so you have to rely on buses, but very convenient to the Vatican and easy walk to Navonna.

Nice hostel, a little hard to find (you have to ring to get in), no bunk beds. The 4-pepople dorm was large, the lockers can be properly locked and are big enough. The bathrooms are ok, I always had hot water, but they are a little run-down and could use a more thorough cleaning from time to time. Helpful and friendly staff. There is a kitchen you can use, incl. fridge. For breakfast you make your pwn coffee, but it is very good. You also get toast, butter, cheese, jam and a small piece of cake.

• 12th Mar 2015

Love thie hostel! Stayed here twice now, and welcome and friendly for women. It is also centrally located and in an area that is useful for shops for self-catering and sightseeing on holiday. The staff are ready to help and are always friendly. It is a safe environment for women staying in a big city, and makes a good holiday much better.

Trastevere is an awesome neighborhood and this hostel puts you right but far enough away that it's not super noisy. There are significantly more older people in the hostel than younger travelers, so I found that every night I came back (around midnight, maybe later some nights), everyone else was asleep and I had to get buzzed into the complex (which I felt bad about because I knew I was by far the latest person). The breakfast was alright, cereal and bread for the most part.