Orsa Maggiore for Women Only Reviews

Via San Francesco di Sales 1/a, Rome, Italy

I feel a real female atmosphere surrounding me. The staff is very polite, the place is clean, the location is amazing! I never used public transportation during my stay!! It was an enchanting experience! Blessed be!

• 27th Feb 2015

The hostel is very well located next to the river (so it is easy to orientate) and about 10-20 min. walking distance to all major sights in Rome. It was greatly clean, rooms and bathrooms seem to be cleared every day. As there are a lot of guests, it can get crowdy in the kitchen if many people want to prepare food at the same time, however it was not a real problem.

I enjoyed the hostel except for one important reason--I found a bunch of what appear to be bedbug bites after my second night there. The location is not ideal but sightseeing but close to Trastavere and not too far from the Vatican. The staff was kind, the breakfast was a typical hostel breakfast, and the atmosphere was okay. I just would have preferred to not come away with a bunch of itchy bites.

The staff was very help ful and always ready to answer every question you have about the city. The location is convenient, ten minute walk to the Vatican and close to Trastevere. The breakfast is very simple but acceptable. The shower doors were a little creaky and didn't properly close but overall it was very clean and organized.

The hostel was good and felt safe. More older guests than is usual in hostels, which was fine by me. Facilities and breakfast were limited but adequate

It was a really pleasent stay in the hostel! Wonderful location and staff. The only problem was a cold water in the morning- there was no hot water in the showers. Even though, it was a great time and I will come back there again!

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Poland

Good staff and nice, well heated room with perfect beds. I really appreciated the computer wih internet access that is freely available. Many good hotels could take your example. One point that could be better: some healthy options for breakfast like fruit and wholewheat bread or granola. Also positive: the fact that you can buy bus tickets at reception.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Really good location. Would stay there again if I am going to Rome.

Staff was funny and friendly :) the place is quiet, safe, and comfortable. Great location and great value! Would definitely come back again if I had to stay at a hostel.

I enjoyed my stay here! The location is GREAT - it is within moderate walking distance/easy bus distance from many of the wonderful sights of Rome. The price was terrific. I was blessed!

• 29th Nov 2014

The hostel was warm, welcoming and relaxed. The room was simple but had everything we needed. The bathroom was aging a bit but perfectly adequate. Breakfast in the breakfast room was relaxed and sociable and there was the option to leave food in the frig if we wanted to. We didn't bother because what was on offer was all we needed. We really enjoyed our stay, felt it was very good value for money and would definitely recommend.

• 25th Nov 2014

I absolutely LOVED staying here. I would definitely comeback here if I find myself in Rome again. Absolutely delightful.

i enjoyed my stay at orsa maggiore so much ... I hope I can return one day.

• 4th Nov 2014

I love returning to this place; it's like returning to summer camp, meeting new people but safe , but with the same safety and good facilities, (even though the guests' computer doesn't always work). I might add folding clothes drying racks in the rooms.

The ambience lacks touch. Felt as an inmate in a penitentiary. The idea is good supporting this entity, but if you stsying fir more than one night i don't recommend. The ibternet and room key system sucks! I like the.location

no key in the loos!

• 21st Oct 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

This is a great little gem of a hostel. Very clean, great location close to the Vatican and lots of restaurants and shopping, nice breakfast spread. I would definitely stay here again. Thank you!

Fine location, good value for money and an interesting militant initiative (the place belongs to the Casa Internazionale delle Donne) that deserves support. I strongly recommend it. It also hosts a good cheap restaurant where it is possible to have a full lunch (8/10€) for cheap and of course excellent coffee.

Orsa Maggiore was highly recommended to me and met all of my expectations and more. Traveling alone and on a budget, I felt very safe secure and comfortable in a very friendly atmosphere. Walking distance to many of Rome's highlights and in a wonderful and interesting neighborhood. There is even a lovely garden courtyard, I will hope to return to Rome with my daughter and grand daughter and will definitely stay here again.

• 7th Oct 2014

Was not a fan of the Showers. I opted to only use them 1x while we were there. The beds are not supercomfy, and there was not many outlets in the room. You do have a locker in the room for your things which is nice. Close to Vatican!