• Via San Francesco di Sales 1/a, Rome, Italy

8.7
Fabulous 1,935 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 1,935 Total Reviews
Orsa Maggiore for Women Only Located at Via San Francesco di Sales 1/a, , Rome.
Italy
Rome 00165 Via San Francesco di Sales 1/a
87% 1935
41.8946585 12.4655127
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 41+
26th Sep 2016

Very pleasant, quiet and safe place to stay for woman travelling solo. The full equipped large kitchen is perfect for a healthy, economical stay in Rome in lively Trastavere.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
21st Sep 2016

Great place, would recommend to any women. Very safe location. Great staff.

• Australia, Female, 41+
4th Sep 2016

I loved staying here. Felt safe, nice area, being all female and lots if solo travellers was great. Music festival was on in the court yard -free jazz whats not to like.

4th Sep 2016

I loved my stay at Orsa Maggiore! The common areas were spacious and clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. My side of the building was nice and quiet. On the other side a lovely jazz concert was going on until around midnight. The location of the hostel was awesome – perfect for exploring Rome on foot and accessible by public transportation. I wish I had stayed for more than one day and if I'm fortunate enough to come back to Rome, I would definitely stay at Orsa Maggiore again.

27th Aug 2016
7.4

It was difficult to catch buses from this location and metro stops weren't nearby. Aside from walking everywhere, this hostel is very quiet and peaceful. The wifi wasn't good, and bed covers were old. They have laundry facilities but won't let you use them yourself. I have lots of expensive and delicate stuff that needs specific care, and they still wouldn't let me do it myself. Then yelled at me when I was hand washing them in a sink. Otherwise, I enjoyed my stay despite the steep price tag.

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
  • Globetrotter
25th Aug 2016

Had a nice stay and enjoyed the quiet space this hostel offered me. Staff were helpful when asked but a suggestion would be to have more information on how to get around Rome ie buy bus tickets from cigarette shops especially when catching early morning buses before shops are open etc. And maybe more about the area Trastevere the hostel is in. But on the whole a great stay.

• daniellesventura
  • Brazil, Female, 25-30
21st Aug 2016
7.1

The place is well located but is not always well cleaned. Overall was a good choice.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
21st Aug 2016
7.4

Great location! The staff was helpful upon check in and provided us information about the bus services and what was near by. The room was comfortable but lacked plugs for charging. The washrooms were sometimes untidy, especially first thing in the morning when you would expect them to be the cleanest. Overall would stay again!

19th Aug 2016

Really great hostel, very friendly staff, facilities were clean and neat and rooms had a lot of space. A little bit of a walk from the major attractions but not too bad, and since it's very close to the river it felt safe walking back at night.

• USA, Female, 41+
19th Aug 2016

I really enjoyed the area! It's really close to great restaurants! This was my first stay in a hostel and I felt really safe and liked the fact that it was all women so I felt comfortable being able to walk around in my pjs if I needed to. No wifi connection in my room is the only downside so you have to go in the more public areas if you want to stay connected. Big kitchen area with 2 fridges, toaster, microwave and stove top.