• Via San Francesco di Sales 1/a, Rome, Italy

Fabulous 1,963 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,963 Total Reviews
Orsa Maggiore for Women Only Located at Via San Francesco di Sales 1/a, , Rome.
Italy
Rome 00165 Via San Francesco di Sales 1/a
86% 1963
41.8946585 12.4655127
    Rooms available

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
18th Nov 2016

I loved my stay in Orsa Maggiore. The location is excellent, you can pretty much walk to the majority of the major sites, or else there's buses and trams nearby. I found that the nearest grocery shops are across the river within a 10 minute walk. My room was basic but very comfortable, and had good wifi coverage. Showers could do with an update, but the facilities were fine. Spent my evenings in the kitchen making dinner & chatting to other guests, and made friends I hope to stay in touch with!

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
17th Nov 2016
6.3

Firstly the location is hard to find as no obvious signs are provided in the street. Secondly, the door and locker can not be locked. Last but not lease there is a serious lack of electric plug in my room (6 beds female dorm). People have to unplug and let others to use. That is causing so much problem.

• Iran, Female, 31-40
16th Nov 2016

I had a very nice time in this hostel. I could find a lot of friends there. If I go again to Rome, I will stay in this hostel again.

12th Nov 2016

Absolutely loved staying here. The rooms are giant for the capacity, as are the storage cupboards. They provide keys for you to lock your things up as well, which is so nice! Do remember that cleaning staff come daily, and the ones we encountered during our 2-night stay didn't speak any English. My friend and I misunderstood and thought we had to completely vacate the room while they cleaned, even on the day that we weren't checking out. Unfortunately, the staff didn't warn us of this at checkin

• France, Female, 41+
10th Nov 2016
7.7

Orsa Maggiore is perfectly located to get quickly to Vatican or Piazza Navona in Rome. Unfortunately, the heating will be only turned on from Mid November on... but I could get an extra blanket. The access to the kitchen is very convenient to prepare your own breakfast just like you want with free tea / coffee. The receptionist was very helpful for different requests. My daughter and I really enjoyed our stay.

9th Nov 2016
5.7

Disappointed with my stay here. It costs more than the average hostel in Rome and it just felt like they didnt do a single thing to make this a nice place. No towels, no heating (pretty awful in mid-November), showers did not have hot water, no WiFi in rooms, no atmosphere whatsoever. The staff on duty when I arrived didn't seem particularly knowledgeable or helpful with orienting me in the neighborhood. Also there are multiple scales in the hallway which is just sort weird.

• USA, Female, 41+
21st Oct 2016

What a wonderful experience! This was my first time in Rome and Orsa Maggiore made my Roman adventure amazing! More of a comfortable hotel an a hostel. All the staff were friendly and helpful. When I go back I will definitely stay there again. In my opinion, the Trastevere, neighborhood is a haven in bustling Rome. Short blocks to incredible restaurants, walking distances to many sites, close to bus stops or tram stops. You will truly add to your Roman Holiday by staying at Orsa Maggiore!

13th Oct 2016
8.0

The wifi doesn't actually work in the rooms which is massivly inconvenient and the hostel feels similar to a convent for Nuns. That being said- it is a very good hostel, clean and close to the Vatican and main parts of Rome.

• USA, Female, 25-30
7th Oct 2016

I had a great time here - this is a really nice, quiet place in a great location, just a short walk from the heart of Trastevere. I loved all the feminist art and books in the hostel, and the restaurant below has some good food. It is a little difficult to get to when you first get there if you don't know exactly where you're going, but I managed after a little confused wandering.

• Turkey, Female, 25-30
6th Oct 2016

I like this hostel because the staff is very helpfull and polite. The location is also good. You can access easily everywhere. It is near to Trastevere and also Vatican. It is clean too. If I come to Rome again, I will select this hostel again.