Orsa Maggiore for Women Only Reviews

Via San Francesco di Sales 1/a, Rome, Italy

The location was perfection. It was also really good having wifi and kitchen access. The bathrooms could have been cleanlier.

• 8th Jun 2015

I like staying here. Its comfortable and quiet. And the staff are very friendly. The wifi is fast. And the breakfast is just great. They clean the room everyday really well also they make your bed while you are away. The only thing is their toilet is a bit smelly and dirty. And the pillow can be too thing.

Exceptional staff kind and patient with all our questions

• 3rd Jun 2015

Hostel was very clean and spacious. There's plenty of showers and toilets for use, although the toilet stalls don't seem to lock. Very calm, quiet atmosphere. The hostel is located right in Trastavere, which is full of restaurants, cafes and bars.

The hostel was in a fabulous location and fairly easy to get to. Rooms were large but didn't haven enough power points and i had a locked cupboard in an adjoining room instead which i think there was enough room in the room i was in. It is quite noisy/sounds echo really bad. I was a little disappointed in breakfast especially when you had to pay for tea and coffee

Great kitchen, decent free breakfast. Spacious and clean. Great shower facilities. The rooms were quiet and with plenty of room. Pretty close walk or bus ride to most big sites. Not a very hostel vibe, but still friendly and positive. Computer and printing service was helpful. I liked the all lady vibe. Overall good for 2 nights

There is no better place! Amazing location, tall ceilings, and a lovely, relaxed environment. My place to stay in Rome from here on out.

fabulous! my new place to stay for future rome trips!!

the only point that I would recommend to get better is the cleanliness of the toilets. apart that, everything went great!

• 13th May 2015

Orsa Maggiore was a really nice place in a great location. It felt safe and the staff was incredible kind. I decided to stay one more night and they helped me out perfectly. I stayed in an 8-bed room, but it turned out to be only 4 beds with a little gap in the ceiling connecting the room to another 4-bed room. Only downside: there was only one key to the room, however, it worked okay, and there are lockers inside. Also, there are no locks on the barhroom doors, if you are shy about that stuff.

• 11th May 2015
  • Sweden

Such a quaint and cute experience! It had a very leisurely and low-key as well as homey atmosphere. The people who run it live there so they are always very helpful and you can count on them to always be there for help and advice! It's pretty obscurely located within a street, but it's also very secure. Complimentary breakfasts out on the terrace was such a lovely thing to do every morning I was there, as well! Sort of old fashioned, but in a delightful way. Overall a wonderful stay!

Hope to come back soon!

Great location!

great! we will return

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

First time I ever stayed in a hostel for women only, but it was a very pleasant stay. Location is perfect, staff is awesome and always willing to help. Free wifi, free lockers, towels and breakfast included are also a big plus. Beds were really comfy. Overall I can say if I get to Rome again this is where I wanna stay!

Good atmosphere, good breakfast, staff was friendly. Easy walk to most major tourist spots. About a 5-10 minute walk away from good restaurants and shopping. 20 minutes to Vatican. Would recommend to all female solo travelers.

During the day it was easy to enter the hostel which I appreciated; however, I was also skeptical because I wasn't sue how easy it was for others to enter the hostel either. While there is a receptionist who checks in and sees everyone who enters, I walked by new receptionists twice who didn't ask who I was or anything.

• 2nd Apr 2015

This hostel was in a great location-close to all the tourist attractions yet away from the crowds. I did like that there were no bunk beds and they had a great espresso machine. But if you are looking for a hostel with a lot of planned activities this is not for you. There isn't really a common area and there is no wifi in the rooms.

It is a fantastic place to be for a single woman! Thank you for beeing there!

I have stayed at coed dorms and didn't think an all-female hostel would make a difference. But I found that it makes a big difference. It is quieter, safer and you feel more at ease. There are all age-ranges of women. They provide huge lockers with keys; they change beds every day; the breakfast spread isn't eye-popping but there is free espresso and a fridge; the mattresses are firm. Few negs: They charge for towels, and if you pay them to do laundry, make sure they separate your clothes.

• 26th Mar 2015