Orsa Maggiore for Women Only Reviews

Via San Francesco di Sales 1/a, Rome, Italy

The staff were excellent, helpful and kind.

• 6th May 2014

Great place to stay in Rome. Not far from Vatican city. Easy to get to train station by bus. Walk or bus to main centre of Rome. Staff were very helpful and the atmosphere is great. Breakfast is nice and kitchen facilities are good as well. Great lockers. Relaxing place to stay in Rome where there are heaps of tourists and it can be very busy city. Local restaurants are great.

Loved the women only space which created a safe and friendly atmosphere

• 1st May 2014

Thank You very much, it was a pleasure to stay at You hostel, and I will definitely return in the future.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Poland

The hostel was a very calm place to stay. The rooms were very spacious and nice. Even though I was in an eight bed room I still had a good amount of privacy. The breakfast was good and the kitchen was well stocked with utensils. The only problem we experienced was with the wifi that would stop working at random times.

Everything was very good. I liked that there was a kitchen to cook our food, the breakfast was excellent, place was very clean and wonderful location, five minute walk to the Vatican and everything else within walking distance. Staff very nice

Very spacious rooms, lockers with locks provided. Walking distance to the attractions. Metro is quite a walking distance, easier to take bus, but considering the traffic in Rome, sometimes it faster to walk.

The breakfast here is very good compared to the other hostels that I have been to. It is hard yo meet the other guests as there is no organized social 'events', a nice, clean, quiet hostel.

Beautiful place, great location, friendly staff.

The staff at Orsa Maggiore were absolutely fabulous.

• 28th Mar 2014

Do not stay here. It is so so gross. The only plus is the location. I was visiting friends that went to John Cabot and their dorm was right near but besides that it was horrid. There's a 3:00 AM curfew. The shower/bathroom is so dirty. If you do stay here, do not shower. It is FOUL. There are bugs in the sinks.

• 27th Mar 2014

This is easily the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It's clean, spacious, and friendly, and feels more like a retreat center than a hostel. The breakfast was a bit odd, but the women who work there were always available and were so helpful with directions and advice. It's located just on the river, near the edge of trendy Trastevere, so there are plenty of places to have dinner within walking distance. I would recommend Orsa Maggiore to any woman visiting Rome.

I booked 2 nights with this hostel. The first night went perfectly. After a day of sightseeing I returned to the hostel at about 1AM, I went into my assigned room and went to sleep in bed. The next night however, a Saturday at about 2AM, I returned to the hostel and there was no one at the desk. I went to my room to go to bed and the door was locked, I checked 3 times. B/c there was no one to speak with I slept on the couch in the hallway. I also couldn't pay in the AM because of this. Very bad.

• 6th Mar 2014

Fantastic location and the staff are lovely. However the 3am curfew is not great as people tend to go out about 1am in Rome. We ended up staying out and home at 7am when reception reopened. To be honest I would stay there again. The staff made thd hostel worth returning to.

Loved this hostel for so many reasons! It is quiet, safe, spacious, clean, has an excellent location and great staff. There is a nice breakfast and cute little courtyard. I would definitely recommend this as one of the best hostels in Rome because of its amazing location in Trastevere, which is full of great restaurants and bars but also close to the main attractions such as the Vatican, Piazza Navona, and others. You can't go wrong with this place!

I've been staying at the hostel for years and it gets better & better. The staff are always very helpful . I would recommend Orsa Maggiore to all women. Jean Robinson.

I loved having a kitchen where we could cook and save some money.

• 18th Feb 2014

would be good to replace plastic plates, cups, spoons, coffee capsules by normal, long lasting ones, for coffee just to use another type of coffee machine (though coffee was excellent). Toilets could be cleaner... I felt relaxed and fine, I admiring the commitment of the staff, thus taking position against Italian (Roman?) machismo. Women need to be empowered and sometimes, unfortunately, even need a protected space. Wish you luck for the future, and looking forward to stay with you again.

• 14th Feb 2014

Good breakfast, excellent value for money, everyone was lovely.. Would prefer to have wifi in the rooms not just hall way.

Staff is very kind!!