Orsa Maggiore for Women Only Reviews

Via San Francesco di Sales 1/a, Rome, Lazio, Italy

We were very impressed with this hostel. You truly cannot be the location. It is in a quieter area, but it is a quick walk to the busy areas of Rome. We actually did not even take busses, we walked everywhere from the Vatican to Ancient Rome. The rooms were very nice, perfect for what we needed them for; sleeping and showering. The lockers are big and very secure. The breakfast was perfect to hold you over for the rest of the day. The wifi didn't always work, but a minor problem! Loved our stay.

I was traveling alone and this was the perfect place. It was an easy walk to the Vatican and main spots and it' location right next to the river made it simple to find again. Most people I met there were alone as well. A group of us would go to dinner each night just around the corner. Showers worked great and there was breakfast every morning. I cannot stress how great the staff was, especially when they found out it was my birthday. They were able to answer any questions I had.

• 31st Oct 2013

Absolutely lovely hostel. Fantastic and friendly and helpful staff. Nice big rooms (no bunk beds). Small kitchen where you can speak to other travellers. Only downside was the bathrooms; showers need updated and there's some wear and tear that could be mended but it all worked and was fine enough. When I come back to Rome I'll be staying here!

Best hostel staff i've met. Cozy, nice place, clean rooms, nice breakfast. No metro stops nearby, but many options for buses and also walking shouldn't last more than 15 mins to the Vatican.

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Hungary

I thought this hostel was just so lovely and I'm glad I selected it for it to be my place to say while in Rome. As soon as I walked through the doors with my bags, the receptionist Virgin gave me such a warm welcome.The rooms were comfortable and the people in the rooms were very nice that I even made some new friends in the hostel. I recommend this hostel to any female looking for a nice place to stay that will allow them to escape from the pressures of the outside world.

• 26th Oct 2013

I liked it very much there. Advice: I think it would be better if every room has its own lavatories.

• 24th Oct 2013

I had a super good experience at Orsa Maggiore. The Trastavere neighborhood isn't right in the middle of all the sights but it has the best restaurants and gelato in the city. And the sights are totally within walkable distance. The staff is super helpful and awesome, I got back at 2:30am the night before I left and the lady at the desk looked up a company still open and booked my 4:30am cab to the airport in Italian. Lockers are spacious and secure. Breakfast was great! Room was clean. Loved it

• 24th Oct 2013

Felt very comfortable knowing it was only women staying there. Only suggestion is allow a new towel each day. The floor had about a half inch of standing water after my shower and had to use my towel to soak up the water. But other than that! Very nice location to all the major attractions!

Loved it! Would stay there again in a heartbeat. Great area lovely staff brilliant breakfast lean and felt very secure. Also lovely little restaurant and courtyard...

Very nice and comfortable place, I found myself very very well; the staff was kind, the hostel was clean, the breakfast was very good and the location is near the center of Rome

• 17th Oct 2013