Osa Mariposa Reviews

Privada De Cancun s/n, Colonia Brisas De Zicatela, Puerto Escondido, Mexico

Very cool and nice hostel . The staff is very Friendly and helpful. Good atmosphere and veggie delicious food . I would definitely recommend !

best hostel ever, all the staff are great

This place grew on me. Staff are great and the nightly meals are probably the best thing about the place. It's in a quiet area about 15 minutes walk from Zicatela, but they call taxis for you and they arrive very quickly. They cost 30 pesos to most places in Puerto Escondido. It's a very chill place with a few hammocks, chilled music and nice garden. Like most dorms in this part of the word, they can be a bit hot, but its close to the beach so good for a swim.

Enjoyed my stay here... Very laid back place by the beach with a beautiful garden and hammocks to relax... Amazing to find delicious veg food in mexico!

• 21st Feb 2014

I can't say a lot about this hostel because I left at the moment I arrived. I was traveling with my GF and we reserved a twin room. I was tired after 14 hours bus and the first thing I did when I entered was lay down in the bed, but after 10 seconds I felt something in my arm and when I realized, the bed was totally taken with big ants. I know the place is at the side with the tropical forest, but I coudn't stay anymore. The guy at the front door just gave me back 50% of what I payed but ok.

Super cool hostel great place to socialise and meet people super cool and friendly staff! Cheers.

• 10th Jan 2014

Food was amazing, if not the cheapest. Excellent atmosphere and easy to party and meet people. Highly recommended.

Osa de mariposa is friendly and make you feel safe. It is kinda new, and we loved the bungalows. Sometimes the wifi goes up and down, we had dinner with them and it was cheap. Lots of people to meet there, from all over the world. Thanks, for everything.

We wished we could stay longer !! Osa Mariposa is on Punta Zicatela, the most beautiful beach of Puerto Escondido, and there is no tourist. Great atmosphere, good food, nice people. Definitely coming back here next time i'm in Puerto

This place was truly paradise. It's set in a tropical garden. It is somewhat barebones, so dont be expecting a luxary resort. The staff was excellent and food was great.

• 19th Dec 2013

Perfect hostel with a friendly atmosphere, a super staff and amazing vegetarian food (a must try)! Situated en la brisa de zicatela which gives the choice to go within a walking distance to either la punta or la playa de zicatela. We liked so much our stay that we added two days. Definetely a good deal!

Loved the atmosphere, people and Jade's dinners!

• 8th Nov 2013

Staff are super friendly and helpful. Food is amazing! Mezcal cocktails are delicious. Close to La Punta, Zicatela beach, and an easy colectivo ride away from other beaches in Puerto Escondido. Hostel has a really mellow vibe :D

View all Puerto Escondido Hostels