Osa Mariposa Reviews

Privada De Cancun s/n, Colonia Brisas De Zicatela, Puerto Escondido, Mexico

they made my stay at Puerto Escondido really perfect.

We had our doubts when we first saw the rooms but in the end the place turned out to be great with it's unique home like atmosphere, friendly staff, nice communal working showers, excellent bar and the best passion fruit mescal!

Great staff- super friendly! In fact the whole place had a really great vibe. Very clean for a beach hostel. Great vegan food and mezcal! Loved the family style dinners, was a nice way to get to know staff and other travelers.

My experience in Osa was good, I like the idea of the family diner each night. The monday outdoor movie is also an excellent idea! The hostel is very clean, the breakfasts are delicious. But the negative point is the staff, some of them are really awesome, very kind, smily and helpfull, but I felt that I was disturbing some of them when I was ordering something at the bar, or asking for things to do in the area. Some of them were not smily at all. I tought about moving in an other hostel.

Super chilled atmosphere, and a restaurants/bar. Close to the beach, but far from town and any amenities. Staff seemed more interested in their phones or flirting with each other than helping guests.

Great hostel. Super played back, chill with a cool cantina vibe. My only complaint was that the bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have slept on in a long time. In the long run not to big of a deal because they could easily fix that problem. For some people though it would be a deal breaker.

• 8th Jul 2015

It would have been good to be able to buy water there.

This is a tough review because the problems I had were with the mosquitos not so much the hostle. The facilities are beautiful and the staff was amazing. Had a great visit less the overwhelming mosquito problem. I know its oceanfront. They practically have a jungle planted on site but even an occasional spraying of the property would keep them at bay for an enjoyable experience. Probably wld not return as other locations in town are sans mosquitos.

Chilled out hostel in quiet part of Puerto Escondido (South of Playa Zicatela). Close to beach but 20min walk from Playa Zicatela/ shops & bars (cheap taxis readily available if not willing to walk). Ideal to spend your time surfing or chilling. Hostel & accomodation huts basic but clean and more than adequate. Bring Sunscreen & Bug Spray. Nice vegetarian restaurant on site.

such a great spot! I am still drooling over the food. thanks for a wonderful stay guys!!

View all Puerto Escondido Hostels