Osaru-no Oyado (Monkey's Inn) Reviews

3-23-21, Wakasa, Naha City, Okinawa, Japan

We booked our stay at Monkey's Inn last minute and were very happy with our choice. We stayed in a double room (two twin beds) which was clean and tidy. The owner of the hostel is great, very relaxed and he made a great effort to find us accommodation on the Kerama Islands. The location is great too as it's only a 5min walk to the port and 15min walk to the main shopping street. There are also some great restaurants nearby. Bicycles and towels are free for rent:)

I love this hostel. The atmosphere is amazing and the owner is an extremely friendly host who answers your questions very good and helps you to find solutions for all your demands. The location is also very good, it is very close to the wharf at which you can take ferries towards the beautiful surrounding islands. The only problem is if you visit this place, you probably don't want to leave...

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

I love this hostel. Imai san is just too chill to be real. Two blocks away from the wharf so you can get to other islands very easily. Last day he gave me a free ride to the airport with his motorbike. Recommended.

the staff is so nice and it's not far from the train station.it's cozy and i'll come here again .

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

The owner was excellent. He was very kind and helps us a lot. The location was very near to the Tomarin Port and OTS Rent-a-Car, which was very convenient. The room was small, so it seemed to be very crowded in busy summer season. But it's common in a budget hostel or a guesthouse in Japan. The only complaint about this hostel was cleanness. It needs to be more cleaned.

The host is just the coolest guy ever ;) the female dorm is tiny but very clean and you have curtains for the beds so if you want privacy, you have it :) would definitely go there again!!!

Definitely the best value for money I found during my stay in Japan. Also, Mr. Imai is the friendliest staff I've met in Japan. You're stay can't be boring in Okinawa, no matter the weather conditions! :)

• 4th May 2014

Nice place with good facilities. We stayed in the 8-bed female dorm. The beds were pushed close together and draped with flimsy scarves, so there wasn't much privacy or space for luggage. The futon mattresses were very thin and the sheets were scratchy. It was not a comfortable place to sleep. But the kitchen and TV room were quite nice and the staff were very kind and helpful. The owner drove us to the dock so we could catch our ferry.

Really friendly environment but you should include English instructions on your HostelWorld site that you need to check-in to the building opposite the dorms.

Just go to Monkeys Inn, its already worth it just to meet the Hostelowner Imai, such a funny guy, I loved to hang around with you man! Ah and by the way, it's also a great hostel, good place to meet a lot of people, in a good location and such a good price, will definitely come back!

Owner helped us make reservations for the Churaumi aquarium and recommended other places to visit. There are two dorms in two separate buildings and both have WI-FI. Free towels, shampoo and body wash are provided for showers. every week the owner invites the people staying at the hostel to go his favorite izakaya (Japanese style bar). Had a great time with all the people staying there, and the owner introduced us to awamori (traditional Okinawan liquor). The owner also speaks good English.

Nice place in a central location. Clean and friendly with good wifi. Would stay there again.

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

I had a good time at Osaru-no Oyado. I enjoyed meeting fellow travelers in Okinawa. The temperature of the shower water would fluctuate a little (more so that any other shower I`ve used in Japan), and the female dorm is a bit crowded, but that actually did not bother me. The kitchen has plenty of space, so several people can cook at once (experiment with Okinawan ingredients!)