Osaru-no Oyado (Monkey's Inn) Reviews

3-23-21, Wakasa, Naha City, Okinawa, Japan

Excellent hostel for backpackers on a budget! Super friendly staff and owner who will help you after anything you need. Free fast WiFi, kitchen facilities, hot shower, free bike rental, free iced green tea, free daily fresh towel, great communal areas which creates a very good place to meet fellow travellers alike. Very close to the beach and just a short walk into town. Felt to me more like a home stay than a hostel. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone. I'll be back!

Enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The owner was a really nice guy. A group of us went with him to a BBQ restaurant on one of the nights I stayed there and we had great fun. Good atmosphere here.

I stay in hostels all the time and this is by far one of my favorites. The atmosphere was great and the location was actually pretty good. It's right near the bus stop and the docks so you have lots of opportunities to travel around the island. I really enjoyed myself and was sad to leave.

The male dorm was dark, dank and filthy. The shower was especially gross and had no privacy. The bunk was tiny, with no locker and no power socket. The air-conditioning only turned on from 10pm. There was no one at the reception, and no accompanying help with maps or advice. The main building appeared significantly nicer. It would be best to suck it up and pay more for better accommodation. My experience at Osaru was unpleasant, and I cannot recommend a stay at this place.

I'd highly recommend this hostel. The facilities are excellent given how cheap out is and I was made to feel extremely welcome by the owner and staff. The location is very central/easy to find, greet value for money.

Regarding Japan cost it's value for money. Nice and helpful staff. Rooms are very small. Good location in Naha, close to down town and free bikes is great!

Very helpful staff, nice atmosphere!!! Except the fact everyone seem to smoke and drink downstairs in the dining room... Thanks for your help Imai San :-)

Exactly what I expected for the price I paid - charm of the staff more than makes up for the basic facilities on offer. Free wi-fi and free bike rentals are a definite plus, and the owner is very knowledgeable on local events and transport provisions. If you are looking to save money whilst travelling around Okinawa, this is the place to be!

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Japan

The good point is that the towels are free and it's really near the port. But the place is far away from almost everything and is worn out. It's needs a renew and be cleaned. And the walls separating the bunked beds in male dorm need to be more safer. I don't know if it's fire-proof since it's old wooden walls. It's really as "you get what you pay for". I would reccomend more if you are going to the port to go to the islands. Otherwise I would not reccomend it.

Stayed at the female dorm for 2 nights in June. The room was very small, but clean and the fellow dorm mates were very nice as well. I had brief chats with Imai san, and he was very friendly. The free iced tea in the kitchen was a nice touch, especially since it was so hot in Okinawa in the summer. Location wise, its close the the dock which makes it very convenient for travel to the islands. It's also walkable to Kokusai Dori (about 15-20mins), but might be a bit dark at night.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

very good guesthouse. The owner is very friendly and helpful. You cannot expect it is a 5-star hotel, but you will feel living at home!I feel so warm!The location is very closed to the ferry terminal, so you can take the ferry to visit beautiful islands. and there are many bus stops nearby. good wifi ! The guesthouse is clean. It provides the basic items (e.g. hair dyer, shower gels) . It is enough for me ! The price is very good and the guesthouse keeps a lovly dog !

Definitely a great place to stay if you'll be in Naha and you need to save some money. The staff are very kind and the hostel offers really everything you need for a short trip. If you keep in mind that this isn't a five star hotel, you wont be disappointed.

• 2nd Jun 2015