Osaru-no Oyado (Monkey's Inn) Reviews

3-23-21, Wakasa, Naha City, Okinawa, Japan

Nice place with good facilities. We stayed in the 8-bed female dorm. The beds were pushed close together and draped with flimsy scarves, so there wasn't much privacy or space for luggage. The futon mattresses were very thin and the sheets were scratchy. It was not a comfortable place to sleep. But the kitchen and TV room were quite nice and the staff were very kind and helpful. The owner drove us to the dock so we could catch our ferry.

• 1st Apr 2014

Really friendly environment but you should include English instructions on your HostelWorld site that you need to check-in to the building opposite the dorms.

Just go to Monkeys Inn, its already worth it just to meet the Hostelowner Imai, such a funny guy, I loved to hang around with you man! Ah and by the way, it's also a great hostel, good place to meet a lot of people, in a good location and such a good price, will definitely come back!

Nice place in a central location. Clean and friendly with good wifi. Would stay there again.

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

I had a good time at Osaru-no Oyado. I enjoyed meeting fellow travelers in Okinawa. The temperature of the shower water would fluctuate a little (more so that any other shower I`ve used in Japan), and the female dorm is a bit crowded, but that actually did not bother me. The kitchen has plenty of space, so several people can cook at once (experiment with Okinawan ingredients!)

I had a wonderful time in this hostel! Even though it wasn't peak season and the hostel wasn't so full, everybody was really friendly and helpful, from the owner to the guests. From the closest station, it's about a 10 minute walk, and some 25 minutes from Kokusai Doori. The owner gave me a ride to the airport, and I'm really thankful for that ^^ If I ever go back to Okinawa, I'll certainly stay in this hostel again.

I have fun and feel comfort in the hostel, it is a nice to take a rest, I will come back again.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Hong Kong

This is a really good place to stay, if you are tight on money. It's at a good location, not far from the port and the monorail station. I stayed in the 8-person female dorm, and it was cozy. The beds were comfortable, and they each had a curtain for added privacy. The owner is very nice, and his English is really good. We all went out for dinner and drinks on the last night of my week-long stay. As a solo traveler, this was an awesome place to stay.

• 22nd Dec 2013

Hardest "bed" I ever slept on -- felt like a thin blanket on wood planks. Mildew on bed curtains. Need a sign for main building -- the only sign is on men's dorm with no check-in. However, super-friendly and helpful staff, nice common room with TV and alcohol vending machine, kitchen seemed very nice and stocked with appliances/dishware although I didn't use it. Main downtown only 10-20 minutes walk, same distance to airport train. Beach nearby. With a few renovations, I'd give it 100% rating.

It is in a good location. THE lady was nice, but couldn't speak any English. It's not far from downtown, which is convenient. The male dormitory smells really bad and it's not clean at all. It was okay here, but I wouldn't stay here again.

Sorry I can`t understand this comment. Because you stayed privateroom 2 nights. There is other place male domitory. So you didn`t watch male domitory... and you didn`t inside male domitory... Sorry I can`t understand...