Osaru-no Oyado (Monkey's Inn) Reviews

3-23-21, Wakasa, Naha City, Okinawa, Japan

The hostel is okai. The guys rooms were not so good but for women its a good hostel.

• 17th Oct 2014

Okay place to stay in Naha, but it's kinda far from Kokusai St. The hostel does rent out bikes for free, but unfortunately most of them have a flat tire. If you speak Japanese, there are other places in town that have dorm beds at a similar or lower price but with better location. However, I think this place isn't bad to crash for a night or two to see Naha.

Good choice close to the harbor.

Very inexpensive but not cheap. Hostel staff are always available and incredibly helpful. Bed mattresses are very thin and somewhat uncomfortable. Good facilities.

Thank you so much for a fun and memorable stay!! The staff and the atmosphere made my time at Osaru no Oyado great! I will definitely come back if I visit Okinawa again! Take care and thank you, again!

• 11th Aug 2014

This should be your place to stay in Naha. I spent four nights there in late July 2014 and was sad when I had to leave. The staff are over the top in terms of being friendly and helpful. Imai (the owner) will stop what he is doing to help you at any point. The facilities are great and there is a large kitchen with a lot of supplies available for cooking. I went to dinner with the owner and staff multiple times. By the time I left I felt like I was one of the family members of this Inn.

We booked our stay at Monkey's Inn last minute and were very happy with our choice. We stayed in a double room (two twin beds) which was clean and tidy. The owner of the hostel is great, very relaxed and he made a great effort to find us accommodation on the Kerama Islands. The location is great too as it's only a 5min walk to the port and 15min walk to the main shopping street. There are also some great restaurants nearby. Bicycles and towels are free for rent:)

I love this hostel. The atmosphere is amazing and the owner is an extremely friendly host who answers your questions very good and helps you to find solutions for all your demands. The location is also very good, it is very close to the wharf at which you can take ferries towards the beautiful surrounding islands. The only problem is if you visit this place, you probably don't want to leave...

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

I love this hostel. Imai san is just too chill to be real. Two blocks away from the wharf so you can get to other islands very easily. Last day he gave me a free ride to the airport with his motorbike. Recommended.

the staff is so nice and it's not far from the train station.it's cozy and i'll come here again .

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

The owner was excellent. He was very kind and helps us a lot. The location was very near to the Tomarin Port and OTS Rent-a-Car, which was very convenient. The room was small, so it seemed to be very crowded in busy summer season. But it's common in a budget hostel or a guesthouse in Japan. The only complaint about this hostel was cleanness. It needs to be more cleaned.

The host is just the coolest guy ever ;) the female dorm is tiny but very clean and you have curtains for the beds so if you want privacy, you have it :) would definitely go there again!!!

Definitely the best value for money I found during my stay in Japan. Also, Mr. Imai is the friendliest staff I've met in Japan. You're stay can't be boring in Okinawa, no matter the weather conditions! :)

• 4th May 2014