Osaru-no Oyado (Monkey's Inn) Reviews

3-23-21, Wakasa, Naha City, Okinawa, Japan

Monkey's Inn was extremely cozy. The female dorm had brightly patterned curtains strung up around the beds, which gave me a lot of privacy at night. The common room is very inviting. Imai was very friendly and helpful and helped me locate several restaurants and other fun things to do in Naha- there's a beach nearby! Towels and bicycles are free to borrow, and it's easy to ride a bike in the area. Finally, Monkey's Inn has an adorable, fluffy, DOG!

• 29th Nov 2014

Excellent hostel, the owner and his dog were really welcoming. The common area provided me with the opportunity to interact with the friendly locals which was great. The ferry terminal is about 2 minutes walk from the hostel if you're interested in exploring the surrounding islands. Don't hesitate to book!

Stayed on two separate occasions and both times were easy and smooth. Very friendly staff gave me a lot of help and advice. Free bicycles, cold tea, towels, beer on site, all good!

• 5th Nov 2014

The hostel is okai. The guys rooms were not so good but for women its a good hostel.

• 17th Oct 2014

Definitely a very "homey"-feeling hostel (almost hippy-ish?), with multi-coloured patterned materials used in the rooms and a couch in the lobby where friends are often lounging. The hostel owner is a friendly, approachable guy who's helpful and down-to-earth (can be a bit strict about rules though!). There is a computer in the lobby, although it's quite slow and difficult to use. Loved the location close to the port and the ocean. Also, make use of the FREE bicycles! Very awesome bonus!

Okay place to stay in Naha, but it's kinda far from Kokusai St. The hostel does rent out bikes for free, but unfortunately most of them have a flat tire. If you speak Japanese, there are other places in town that have dorm beds at a similar or lower price but with better location. However, I think this place isn't bad to crash for a night or two to see Naha.

Good choice close to the harbor.

Very inexpensive but not cheap. Hostel staff are always available and incredibly helpful. Bed mattresses are very thin and somewhat uncomfortable. Good facilities.

Thank you so much for a fun and memorable stay!! The staff and the atmosphere made my time at Osaru no Oyado great! I will definitely come back if I visit Okinawa again! Take care and thank you, again!

This should be your place to stay in Naha. I spent four nights there in late July 2014 and was sad when I had to leave. The staff are over the top in terms of being friendly and helpful. Imai (the owner) will stop what he is doing to help you at any point. The facilities are great and there is a large kitchen with a lot of supplies available for cooking. I went to dinner with the owner and staff multiple times. By the time I left I felt like I was one of the family members of this Inn.

We booked our stay at Monkey's Inn last minute and were very happy with our choice. We stayed in a double room (two twin beds) which was clean and tidy. The owner of the hostel is great, very relaxed and he made a great effort to find us accommodation on the Kerama Islands. The location is great too as it's only a 5min walk to the port and 15min walk to the main shopping street. There are also some great restaurants nearby. Bicycles and towels are free for rent:)

I love this hostel. The atmosphere is amazing and the owner is an extremely friendly host who answers your questions very good and helps you to find solutions for all your demands. The location is also very good, it is very close to the wharf at which you can take ferries towards the beautiful surrounding islands. The only problem is if you visit this place, you probably don't want to leave...

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

I love this hostel. Imai san is just too chill to be real. Two blocks away from the wharf so you can get to other islands very easily. Last day he gave me a free ride to the airport with his motorbike. Recommended.

the staff is so nice and it's not far from the train station.it's cozy and i'll come here again .

• 23rd Jun 2014