Oslo Hostel/Hotel Apartments Reviews

Kjolberggaten 29, Oslo, Norway

The doom was absolutely boilingboiling probably because it was so small, a fan or something wouldve been nice.

The chef handled some of the breakfast meat and cheese using his bare hands, not disposable hygiene gloves. This is not a good example of cleanliness.

The apartament was clean, organized and cozy. When we got we had problems with a broken window and shower but they quickly changed our room. The second room was tiny and had no window, but they quickly changed us one more time. It is far from downtown but it is walkable and the subway is absolutely near. Wifi in the bedroom costed 60 NOK per day what seems like a joke in a city like Oslo where you can easily get free wifi in the street. Aniway wifi in the reception was free and good.

The people at the reception were really nice and helpful, although the room where we stayed was really small.

We enjoyed our stay, we had a 2 bed room in an apartment. It's not really a hostel so not great for a single traveller but it was fine for my girlfriend and I. The hotel is a decent walk from town but only takes 10min on the metro! Good value for money in Oslo!

Good price for 4. Very comfortable room. Easy to get around the city from.

We had a lovely stay. The staff were polite and the hostel was easily accessible via the metro or a short walk.

The rooms had very little natural light, making the appartment a little gloomy. However, as the majority of our day was spent outside, this wasn't a massive issue! The only other minor complaint would be that the stove was quite difficult to use. The numbring on the knobes had fadded and were therefore not legable. Otherwise, it was great! A pretty good location as we were only 3 subway stations away from the heart of the city (or a good 30-45 minute walk).

Overall, the location and cleanliness were great, as well as value for money - the rooms are a good size for what you pay. One minute walk from Toyen Metro which is on the central loop makes it a handy location. Staff weren't too helpful but we didn't mind much.

This hostel thoroughly surprised me. When I noticed it was attached to a hotel I thought that it might be the forgotten part of the hotel that no-one really cares about, I couldn't have been more wrong. When entering the corridor of the apartment building I was stunned by the modern design. The room, whilst small, were comfortable and cosy. The bathroom facilities were in excellent condition and incredibly clean. The kitchen equipment, although dated, worked and in all it was an excellent stay.

• 21st May 2015

I cant complain about anything. we got little apartment with sufficient kithen and big bathroom. not far from the station, when you dont get turned around like I did. and staff in nice and helpful. but bit distant. well it is a hotel without an s.

Room was teeny tiny but all was clean and warm inside with a kitchen you can use so was perfectly fine for a short stay. It's very centrally located too which was great.

There was a problem with the cards that open the doors which caused quite an unconvenience. Otherwise the hostel is good. A toaster would be useful in the kitchen. The hostel is about 2 km away of the Oslo Central station and the city centre.

Extremely disappointed with the service offered. We arrived late on Friday night and they charged us basically what we paid for three nights for one night. I wish I had just offered to sleep on the couches. The rooms looked nothing like the pictures online. There were no hand towels so the other person living in the apartment used all the toilet paper for drying his hands. This hostel is linked to a Best Western which gives it a bad taste in my mouth, after always staying at that hotel as a kid

an amazing place to live, great rooms and toilet, very safe, great neighborhood. only downside is paid WIFI.

For the price you get a really nice room with your own bathroom, small kitchen and a tv.

• 29th Mar 2015

Hotel Staff are extremely nice and helpful. In particular, a man called Bala (working on Sunday) went out of his way to make sure we were okay even after we checked out to ensure we caught the flight - great customer service! The Hotel also has a taxi machine within the lounge, so you can get around the station, and Oslo central station is two stops away from the Toyen Metro only (1-3 minutes walk from the hotel). Good customer service, good location, easy to commute, and worth it's pay!

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Norway

The best hostel I've ever been. I booked a 7-bed shared room or alike, expecting a dormitory, but I got a private room. Only the kitchen, living room

Me and my friend were arranged in an apartment-like room with a living room, a toilet and 4 rooms, and we lived in one of the rooms. Initially there was only one single pot in the kitchen and we couldn't cook our food! Also, the only socket in our room was near the ceiling that a normal adult couldn't reach that height. One more thing is that the hostel was quite far from the city centre (about 25 minutes walk), not a good choice if you don't want to walk for so long.

Very nice hostel. A really great place to stay in Oslo.