Oslo Hotel Reviews

38 Grey Street, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

Bed is old er than my grandmother, allways noise, allways noise and allways noise, wifi cheap but worthless, really really old, shower cold, boiling hot, cold, boiling hot, filthy kitchen.. and so on and so on....

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Belgium

Me and my two mates booked a 4 bed dorm. After waiting for about 2.5 hours in the reception to check in the receptionist told us there are no dorms available. So we got a 3 bed room which the staff said were very good for 40 bucks a night. The room locked like a sanitorium from the 50s. It had a strong smell of paint or someting and it was very dusty. For 5 nights they never cleaned our room nor Chaning our trashcans. The kitchen is very messy due to sluggish cleaning.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Sweden

It worse place ever I stayed. Moreover, I just shocked after I get know that the deposit that I paid in online not be refundable. Very sad.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

Let me shoot straight. This hostel is a little rundown, but it's clean and very comfortable. The location is awesome. Close to the beach, and lots of good bars and food around the immediate area (St. Kilda). Go check out the Elephant and Wheelbarrel, they have an awesome T bone. I didn't use the kitchen while I was there, so I can't comment on that. So if you're not too picky I think you will have an enjoyable stay here.

I would like to suggest to put the locks in the rooms, to pay more attention on the cleaning such as pillow and sheets.

Booked because of price. Arrived to be told we had to wait for owner to go out for a coffee, for nearly an hour before finding were not in a 6-bed dorm with en suite as we booked online, instead were in the basement.. Eventually agreed to refund us a few dollars difference. Toilet/washing facilities were terrible, cubicles closed with no reasoning, no hot water, toilet paper all over the floor but none on the roll!! Had to request blankets, beds looked like something out of a holocaust film.

• 10th Nov 2014

I'm not usually one to complain and in my years traveling throughout Asia I've stayed in many hostels and this was by far the worst place I've ever stayed, it was filthy and resembled a crack den. It was my first stop in Melbourne and I wanted to get straight back on that plane back to Asia. The rooms were very small, dingy and cold. There were empty alcohol bottles spread around the common room, It smelt disgusting and looked like a squat. I've never felt so uneasy and dirty staying in a place.

Great location, and almost enjoyed there was no free WiFi, people actually talked to each other :)

A very bad hostel which smells really bad. They don't give you a blanket so I froze. Unfriendly staff, (john). not a very vibrant place.

The stay was fine, the staff were friendly but the showers were difficult to manage due to only one shower having hot water at a time despite having three showers in the bathroom.

• 28th Aug 2014

The worst place I've ever had the displeasure to stay, kitchen dirty with all old equipment, stoves don't work, bedrooms and bathrooms disgusting. I don't recommend, but if you want to have a nightmare.