Oslo Hotel Reviews

38 Grey Street, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

It was unclean disgusting, my room was in a shed type buliding in the courtyard. To get to toilet you had to go outside in the dark no lights. You had to make your own bed ! Bed was at least 40 years old not safe!

Worst hostel ever. Loud all night long, dirty rooms and old facilities.

Private rooms were alltogether prettyOk, but the bed sheets were dirty and the staff were not here ever when needed. Location is good, easy way to get to the city by tram and close shops, bars, restaurants

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Austria

Unorganised, dirty (not even soap in the bathroom), rude staff, no electricity in our room, broken bar fridge

• 6th Mar 2015

Place was filthy, was honestly like a prison inside and out. Very loud, didn't feel safe. French member of staff possibly the rudest person I have met in my life. I have NEVER left a bad review before and I understand places that are below average - you get what you pay for. But this? I wouldn't be paid to look at the place again. The French Man STARTED on my boyfriend and tried to cause a fight, disgusting man who needs to get some friends. (Which will probably be impossible for him tbf). Awful

• 21st Feb 2015

Really dirty!

If your comming to Melbourne to party in St Kilda, this is not the hostel for you. Also hostel looks very dirty.

This hostel has a fee for everything, especially the expensive wifi. The cleaning of the toilet can be discussed and also the old kitchen. I meet some friendly backpackers there but also a few sleeping on sofas in the common areas. Also strange open reception times.

vile place, dirty and awful rooms only plus is a good tv with foxtel . worst hostel I have stayed in in the last 8 months

Place is very outdated. We were in the most modern room apparently and it was the biggest dump I've ever stayed in.

• 13th Feb 2015

Don't go there! You would regret it.

Staff wore nice but the place was very dirty it looked notin like the photos i couldnt sleep in the room the first night room smelled terrable and was filty dirty and bed was broke bedroom door didnt lock random people walking in and out of the room got a new room my second day was a bit better but was worse than a prison sell i will not be stayn ever again

• 12th Feb 2015

One of the worst hostels i ever have been. Stuff very stressed, aggressiv if you ask for something. Don't go just because is cheap, you will find a better one in the same area.

• 8th Feb 2015

All great, don't quite understand the bad reviews. Only gripe would be the wifi.

Bed is old er than my grandmother, allways noise, allways noise and allways noise, wifi cheap but worthless, really really old, shower cold, boiling hot, cold, boiling hot, filthy kitchen.. and so on and so on....

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Belgium

Me and my two mates booked a 4 bed dorm. After waiting for about 2.5 hours in the reception to check in the receptionist told us there are no dorms available. So we got a 3 bed room which the staff said were very good for 40 bucks a night. The room locked like a sanitorium from the 50s. It had a strong smell of paint or someting and it was very dusty. For 5 nights they never cleaned our room nor Chaning our trashcans. The kitchen is very messy due to sluggish cleaning.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Sweden

It worse place ever I stayed. Moreover, I just shocked after I get know that the deposit that I paid in online not be refundable. Very sad.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

Horrible crazy night manager, perverted and sadistic. Creepy. Be careful if ur a girl.

Let me shoot straight. This hostel is a little rundown, but it's clean and very comfortable. The location is awesome. Close to the beach, and lots of good bars and food around the immediate area (St. Kilda). Go check out the Elephant and Wheelbarrel, they have an awesome T bone. I didn't use the kitchen while I was there, so I can't comment on that. So if you're not too picky I think you will have an enjoyable stay here.

I would like to suggest to put the locks in the rooms, to pay more attention on the cleaning such as pillow and sheets.