Ostello Bello Reviews

Via Medici 4, Milan, Italy

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in! We had a really friendly welcome from the staff and the atmosphere was lively and fun. There was a lot of security doors between the front door and our bedroom which made us feel secure both about ourselves and our luggage. Very good location considering the price, right in the middle of Milan next to hotels many times the price. Breakfast was really good and included but more importantly ran from very early in the morning till whenever you wanted!

Wonderful hostel with great staff. The welcoming beer and pasta I got was a pleasant surprise. The 6-bed dorm I was in was spacious and had a clean bathroom. Free breakfast spread was good. Staff helpful and knowledgeable. Would definitely stay here anytime I visit Milan (only problem is Milan as a city doesn't have much to offer). The nearest metro station (Duomo) is a 10-15 min walk away - would have been nice if it was a little closer.

Facility is top notch, everything a hostel traveller needs, it has it. Price is not cheap, but it includes breakfast and dinner and one drink, so it justifies it in the Italian hostel price range. The only little shame is that receptionist Christina sometimes ignores guests. Hostel is very good.

Can't say enough amazing things about this hostel. Incredibly kind and fun atmosphere and staff. The amenities and food are great and the location is unbeatable. I want to return to Milan simply to return to the hostel! Very much worth every penny.

• 6th Jun 2014

Really excellent hostel.

It isn't cheap for a hostel but you're paying for great service. I had a private room - clean and sufficient but relatively small. Staff were very friendly and willing to go an extra mile. All in all, great service, I'd definitely stay here if I return. Thanks for making my stay so enjoyable!

I strongly recommend this hostel. the location is great (10 min walk from the duomo), the bedroom was confortable, the staff very cool. They offer a free drink when you arrive and they have free breakfast and free dinner (i've never seen this in a hostel!). Just great!

Best hostel I have stayed at. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Ostello Bello was the perfect place to stay during my one night in Milan. Centrally located and easy to find, very clean, and wonderfully helpful staff. Highly recommended!

• 2nd Jun 2014

I just stayed at Ostello Bello for one night (acutally my birthday) and it was great! While signing in I already met people, which I joined for going out in a nice quater nearby. As we came back there were still some people and staffmembers at the bar, so the night went on quite long (thanks for the limoncello anyways ;-) ). Unfortunately with the desciption from the hostel it was quite hard (exhausting being hang-over) to find the right train leaving Mailand!

Loved the atmosphere at this hostel and all the great amenities. Would definitely stay here again.

• 31st May 2014

This place is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I have stayed in many accross the globe and this one takes the cake. Breakfast is included which I've experienced before, however lunch and dinner are also included and you get a free welcome drink upon arrival. They keep freshly made pasta in the fridge so you can eat whenever you are hungry (that's what I mean by lunch) and there is also ingredients and a kitchen you can use if you don't like the pasta they have made. Love this place!

Hostel is attached to a local bar which is cozy and welcoming. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Dorm room was basic but clean. Safe locker provided was a good touch.

Free breakfast and dinner was great. Staff so friendly and helpful. Awesome kitchen for cooking your own food!

The hostel is well located, but not so well located as they claim on their website. Dorms and bathrooms are clean, and there are a lot of common areas. This is not the hostel if you looking for parties, since there are a lot of people with more than 30 years. And like everywhere else in Milano, please be patient. The check in process takes forever. Really, way too much.

• 27th May 2014

Worth the extra money. Welcome Drink, Breakfast and Dinner. Free fruit. Hostel is open to locals so there is an amazing atmosphere. Highly recommended.

best hostel ever sets new standards for everywhere i stay at, such a shame milan hasnt got much going for it. say if this hostel was in berlin id be in heven

great common area, awesome bar. the staff is super awesome. they give you a tour of the whole place ( two patios!!) its a great place to stay and to meet others

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Although a little expensive, you definitely get your money's worth. The atmosphere is great, and the staff is very friendly. I particularly enjoyed the parties and concerts at night, as well as the two free meals a day. The rooms are very clean, and there is a locker under the bed where you can keep your valuables. There is also a dry cleaning possibility for 7 euros. All in all, great location, great people, great experience.

• 25th May 2014
  • Belgium

Location is brilliant - and reaching the hostel even with a heavy bag is so easy. The welcome drink and staff immediately make you feel at home. The free breakfasts, apertivo and lively bar area are amazing. The terraces upstairs with hammocks and sun is just the perfect way to end the day. I would definitely stay here again.

• 23rd May 2014