Ostello Burigozzo 11 Reviews

Via Burigozzo 11, Milan, Italy

One of the best kept hostels I ever stayed in. Easy and safe walk to centre along big road, tram if you don't want to walk 20min or so, very close to navigli district. If you want to lock the big locker, you have to bring or buy a lock. Steady and comfortable bunk beds, plenty of sockets, wifi worked allright. Kitchen with all utensils etc. and fridge, very nice (though one of my bananas dissapeared from the fridge). Staff was friendly.

Easy to reach the center by tram route 15. Huge lockers with enough space for two bags and shelves for other items. Good selection of cooking equipment although some of our food and drink did get stolen. A bit strange how you have to be out of the whole hostel between 11 and 2. No room keys only a code for the whole floor. Smelt a bit of smoke in communal areas.

This hostel is located near by the canal navigli with a lot of bars and restaurants the dorm was very warm (not enough fan) and very noisy with the window wide opened

Quick tram ride away from city center. Pretty good size rooms! I don't remember seeing any meeting spaces in the hostel so don't expect to meet your new travel buddy unless you are staying in the same room together.

Shower was dodgy, zero atmosphere, alright location, for what you spend I dunno, but there is no other better located for this price. At least there was air con for 42 degree weather...

Dear Guest, thank you for choosen Ostello Burigozzo 11. Considering your feedback we’d like to inform that we’re working to increase the level of our service renovating the Hostel and the services proposed. For this reason we hope to have the possibility to host you again for your next trip to Milan. Best Regards, The Management

One of the reasons I rated this so low was the fact there was absolutely no air conditioning! It was 33degrees at night and the rooms were very, very hot. I don't know why this hostel has air conditioning listed. No air con is a huge deal breaker. Washrooms: small and smelly! Wifi: questionable, it disconnected many, many times and you were required to sign in every time. Sometimes you just couldn't connect Kitchen: quite a big kitchen, it has all you need Lockers: very big! NO AIR CON!!

Staff was very friendly and patient when answering questions. It's w/in walking distance of the Naviglio, which has good nightlife, and most of Milan's major sights. The rooms were clean. They had a nice kitchen and common room areas. They don't have A/C, but they did have a fan. It was very hot in July and one night I was there the power went out completely for about an hour and a half. The staff said the power went out entirely in the area that night. Internet signal was flakey.

One of the worst hostels I've ever stayed at. Absolutely no atmosphere or effort put in from the staff. Hostel was practically empty for its size and almost all of the people were 50-70 years old, I'm glad I got the hell out as soon as I could. The latch on the door kept on getting stuck so people had to lock the door to keep it closed as it would swing open otherwise. Stay somewhere else!

Dear Guest, thank you for chosen Ostello Burigozzo 11. We’re really surprised in read your feedback because the final goal of our work is propose a quality service and there are a lot of review that describe this. Anyway we apologize if you’re not satisfied of our offer. About the door we’ve verified the problem with the person in charge and now everything works perfectly. We hope to have the possibility to host you again for your next trip to Milan. Best Regards, The Management

tooooo simpple

we stayed here as it was one of the cheapest places we could find while the Expo was on. The female staff member at reception was quite unfriendly and seemed quite rude, however both male receptionists were very helpful. The atmosphere? Well what atmosphere. Great kitchen, good location, good price.

Even though I was in a female only dorm there was no lock on the door and men in the corridor, which in my opinion defeats the point of having a female only dorm, Also Internet was really frustrating as you had to sign on every 10 minutes. Didn't work in all of the rooms,

• 15th Jun 2015

No locks on the room doors. Nice big lockers are available so you can lock all your stuff in them. I stayed in a bottom buck and the top buck was so low I couldn't even sit in my bed. Kitchen is quite nice. Lock out period, but you can still use the common areas during that time.

Beautiful rooms. I would even go as far to say they have the best rooms out of the hostels I've stayed so far. Clean sheets, blankets everyday. Very very late check in times, I would like to applaud the staff for this. Hostel has good wi-fi, excellent kitchen ( well- equipped, lots of seats, TV, fridge etc ), and nice air con. Also, it's close to a market so you can enjoy right when you step out in the morning. Once again, very admirable staff.

Pros: huge kitchen, decent solid bunk beds, giant lockers, can walk to the duomo Con's: no locks for each room so anybody can come in, no atmosphere really

a good basic hostel, clean enough though the bathroom is a little old. Good location near the city and canals

The receptionist who greeted us was very friendly and welcoming and took the extra time to tell us of everything we could do and where we could go. The room itself was very average, nothing special, but good when you are just there to sleep and take a shower. The location was very good.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Estonia

The staff was so kind and helpful!

bad experience. unappropriate staff. wrong duration of stay misunderstood and trying to kick me out because thought I had left.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Thank you for choosen Ostello Burigozzo 11. We’re really surprised in reading your comment. The Staff as you can read by other comments is very kind and helpful with every Guest because this is the most important thing of our service. For this reason we apologize about the situation. We hope to have the possibility in host you for your next trip to Milan. Best Regards, The Management

Wasn't a huge fan of Milan in general but this hostel was clean and spacious with large lockers, decent kitchen and friendly staff, though not very well informed on stuff to do such as walking tours. Plenty of power points in room, only real issue was lack of atmosphere and that the dorm doors did not lock- the only lockable door was to the floor which had several dorms on it. Thankfully had lovely dorm mates so felt safe enough but a lock to the dorm would have been much appreciated!

Hostel should anounce moré details like they retrieve money for the locker. Breakfast is coffee, tea, milk, corn flakes, toasted bread, butter, red fruit jam. The locación is safe and beautiful (as all the city). Staff at the reception are kindly.

• 5th Apr 2015