Ostello Burigozzo 11 Reviews

Via Burigozzo 11, Milan, Italy

I had a great time! The hostel is so cool and the vibe as soon as you walk in the front door!! Everything and more!! You don't even have to leave the hostel!

Hostel was quiet and clean. Location was ideal. Close to tram.

It's pretty much just a bed. There's no bar. There's a common room but its basically one table and 2 sofas. There was a kitchen but I didn't use it. It was cheap for me when I needed somewhere to stay. They have lockers in the rooms but all the rooms don't lock. So keep all your stuff in the locker and hope no one decides to come into your room while you sleep. I paid for a female dorm but its pretty pointless when there's 30 other people on the same floor and no lock on the bedrooms

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Czech Republic

A nice walk to the canals and main sites, the hostel workers were really nice about trying to help to check in my friend who was arriving later.

Slow wifi, doesnt feel like you in hostel

• 23rd Sep 2015
  • India

Prices went up crazy because of the expo. This was the only place in town with prices below 30 euro for a bed. I slept in a 12 person dorm, but this was okay because the room was divided in two.

It is great if you are looking for a place to sleep. However, this hostel does not have any atmosphere, it is very boring.

I loved the location of it because it was close to everything we needed to see, the only thing I did not like was the showers, they had told and were not so clean, but that is my only complaint, everything else was great, and the staff helped me with directions and were really nice.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

One of the best kept hostels I ever stayed in. Easy and safe walk to centre along big road, tram if you don't want to walk 20min or so, very close to navigli district. If you want to lock the big locker, you have to bring or buy a lock. Steady and comfortable bunk beds, plenty of sockets, wifi worked allright. Kitchen with all utensils etc. and fridge, very nice (though one of my bananas dissapeared from the fridge). Staff was friendly.

Easy to reach the center by tram route 15. Huge lockers with enough space for two bags and shelves for other items. Good selection of cooking equipment although some of our food and drink did get stolen. A bit strange how you have to be out of the whole hostel between 11 and 2. No room keys only a code for the whole floor. Smelt a bit of smoke in communal areas.

This hostel is located near by the canal navigli with a lot of bars and restaurants the dorm was very warm (not enough fan) and very noisy with the window wide opened

Quick tram ride away from city center. Pretty good size rooms! I don't remember seeing any meeting spaces in the hostel so don't expect to meet your new travel buddy unless you are staying in the same room together.

Shower was dodgy, zero atmosphere, alright location, for what you spend I dunno, but there is no other better located for this price. At least there was air con for 42 degree weather...

Dear Guest, thank you for choosen Ostello Burigozzo 11. Considering your feedback we’d like to inform that we’re working to increase the level of our service renovating the Hostel and the services proposed. For this reason we hope to have the possibility to host you again for your next trip to Milan. Best Regards, The Management

One of the reasons I rated this so low was the fact there was absolutely no air conditioning! It was 33degrees at night and the rooms were very, very hot. I don't know why this hostel has air conditioning listed. No air con is a huge deal breaker. Washrooms: small and smelly! Wifi: questionable, it disconnected many, many times and you were required to sign in every time. Sometimes you just couldn't connect Kitchen: quite a big kitchen, it has all you need Lockers: very big! NO AIR CON!!

Staff was very friendly and patient when answering questions. It's w/in walking distance of the Naviglio, which has good nightlife, and most of Milan's major sights. The rooms were clean. They had a nice kitchen and common room areas. They don't have A/C, but they did have a fan. It was very hot in July and one night I was there the power went out completely for about an hour and a half. The staff said the power went out entirely in the area that night. Internet signal was flakey.

One of the worst hostels I've ever stayed at. Absolutely no atmosphere or effort put in from the staff. Hostel was practically empty for its size and almost all of the people were 50-70 years old, I'm glad I got the hell out as soon as I could. The latch on the door kept on getting stuck so people had to lock the door to keep it closed as it would swing open otherwise. Stay somewhere else!

Dear Guest, thank you for chosen Ostello Burigozzo 11. We’re really surprised in read your feedback because the final goal of our work is propose a quality service and there are a lot of review that describe this. Anyway we apologize if you’re not satisfied of our offer. About the door we’ve verified the problem with the person in charge and now everything works perfectly. We hope to have the possibility to host you again for your next trip to Milan. Best Regards, The Management

tooooo simpple

we stayed here as it was one of the cheapest places we could find while the Expo was on. The female staff member at reception was quite unfriendly and seemed quite rude, however both male receptionists were very helpful. The atmosphere? Well what atmosphere. Great kitchen, good location, good price.

Even though I was in a female only dorm there was no lock on the door and men in the corridor, which in my opinion defeats the point of having a female only dorm, Also Internet was really frustrating as you had to sign on every 10 minutes. Didn't work in all of the rooms,

• 15th Jun 2015