Ostello Corniglia Reviews

Via Alla Stazione 3, Cinque Terre, Italy

Enjoyed my stay a lot, even if it was only one night. Friendly, helpful staff, warm welcoming atmosphere with many other travellers to meet. Great location in the least busy town of the 5. Be wary of the walk to or from the train station, a lot of stairs but I was prepared for that! Might be a difficult trek if you have heavy luggage. All in all a calm, welcoming hostel with the necessities for a traveller like myself!

• 7th Nov 2015

Rated low for it's absurd lockout times - this should not happen! Shower area also terrible with no privacy - screens are transparent and no place to change!!

Ostella Corniglia was a great stay, the doors to the dorms were left open all the time though and the lockers were SO LOUD if felt awful opening them up if anyone was asleep. But a great location, and good price for staying right in one of the five towns : )

You are not supposed to choose your bed, I do not know why. A bit noisy. No fridge, And the welcome in the evening a bit formal. This is for the negative side. For the good things : well positionned, wonderfull place, very clean. The tap water is really good, which is not that frequent in Italy. and facilities are ok (no cooking but you can use the kettle, sink , micro wave and cups. The towel is included. And the lady in charge of the breakfast and check out in the morning is really sweet.

• 26th Oct 2015

Good location and price. Common room/kitchen not very cozy and you have to be quiet early. Not a social atmosphere. Great hostel for hiking, not a party so depends what type of hostel you want!

Great location. Not much of a communal area but there are restaurants very close by Bunks are very low, can't sit up in the lower bed and the metal lockers are really noisy. The hostel closed for a large part of the day which means you have to be out for most of the day, which can be an issue if the weather is bad or if you want to get something They don't sell the Cinque Terre card on site. (Sign at gate says they do). Staff not unfriendly, exactly but not the most welcoming

I have no complaints about this hostel. Lovely atmosphere, cute town (the least touristy of the five towns in Cinque Terre), fantastic staff. The person at the front desk kept changing, but everyone knew our names/for how long we were staying, etc. Andrea, the guy who checked us in, was super friendly and let us use our Italian with him! Had a wonderful stay and would definitely return if I should be so lucky as to find myself in Cinque Terre again.

Was decent hostel easy to find and convenient to shuttle bus stop. Only downside was hostel is closed from 1pm-3pm for check in or even to room. Good stay though

Desk staff was okay. Rooms were nice enough but the lockers (although great for security) were SO noisy. Great location near hiking trails and in the center of town.

Great location. Very clean. Not the best or friendliest atmosphere but would def still recc

Location is great, not too far from the train station to get to the other towns. Everything is very clean. Kinda annoying you have to leave from 10-3pm when it's raining out but if it's a nice day it's no problem. Very quiet, not much common area if you're looking to meet people.

The hostel was really nice and clean! Had a great experience in Cinque Terre. The location is unbeatable. Guests are not able to actually cook in the kitchen, but it was still possible to make some simple meals using the facilities provided (kettle, dishes, sink, microwave).

Good service at desk, could pay when arrived or when left. Very good location.

I had a great time at this hostel! My friend from Germany and I found it perfect for having a place to sleep after long days of hiking and exploring. The personal lockers were nice to have right by the beds, good lighting, clean facilities. It's sort of a trek getting from the train station up to the hostel, but if you're coming to hike it's no problem at all! Staff was friendly and helpful. I wish coffee/tea were included, but they had a kettle!

• 7th Oct 2015

I'm so happy I stayed in Corniglia - it was the perfect town for hiking. Reception was understanding when I arrived after 10pm due to missing train connections. The room and bathroom were clean. I slept well. The women's dorm did not lock, and having to return your locker key every day was strange. Although I booked an 8-bed dorm, the dorm actually had 10 beds. I was in an 'extra' bed, which came with a much smaller locker and no power outlet (forcing me to charge things in the bathroom).

Excellent location, right in the heart of Corniglia, and easy access to hikes and the train station. The beds were comfy, clean bathrooms, no real common room however, and very limited kitchen, but an awesome place to stay to see Cinque Terre!

Good hostel for travellers hiking the trail.

It's a very relaxed atmosphere here, but you don't come to CT to party. I had a hard time finding it, but it's right near the main square. You have to go up a couple stairs, though, which is why you don't see it. (Behind the little market in the plaza). The male desk worker was super nice. Clean. Quiet. Not really a hostel feel, though. Wifi was come and go for me.

I really liked the location and the staff were very friendly.

I liked that there were free towels and big lockers for everyone.

View all Cinque Terre Hostels