Ostello Corniglia Reviews

Via Alla Stazione 3, Cinque Terre, Italy

THE CLEANEST HOSTEL I'VE EVER SEEN! Super clean, staff is very friendly, and theres is a lounge area where we spent time watching the world cup with others! While the actual city of Corniglia is not one of the most visited towns, we loved the location because since it was the middle town, it was easy access to the other towns!

I ended up staying at Ostello Corniglia for 4 days. The staff was great! Alessandro especially was very helpful with giving me tips on the best and cheapest places to get food. The only 2 things I didn't like about the ostello were the chairs in the common room weren't very comfortable and the forced closure of the ostello between 10:30 and 3. But honestly, every hostel I've found in Cinque Terre had the same policy. If I hadn't stayed so long I wouldn't have needed to rest. Great experience!!!

Good location and easy to find.

Overall Ostello Corniglia was a very clean hostel in a great location. Unfortunately, some of the Hostel's policies make it difficult for traveling. We weren't allowed in the hostel until 3pm (not even to use the bathroom after having traveled all night), it was $1/hr for storage, the staff wouldn't make local calls, wifi shuts down at 1am, no one is allowed in the common area at night. Alessandro was very friendly, but the other two workers weren't helpful or friendly unless you spoke Italian

• 6th Jul 2014

The hostel is in the perfect location for visiting Cinque Terre and is located just steps from excellent food in Corniglia. The staff were accommodating and very friendly, worth chatting to for certain. He rooms were immaculately clean and new feeling. Lockers provided were huge and secure. The wifi was excellent. Just in general an amazing place.

Excellent service - we were upgraded to a private room instead of split up into dorms. Thanks! Hostel was super clean and brand new. Beautiful views.

• 1st Jul 2014

Overall the hostel was very nice and clean. There are strict rules to oblige by, including hours. We had some difficulty with dropping off and picking up our bags because they were closed. It was a really great experience and we enjoyed having this quieter, cute town as our home base during our visit to Cinque Terre.

Had a grest stay at this hostel, after having little sleep in the weeks leading upto here it was great tohave some quiet time!! Alltourists leave this town fairly early which makes it easy to wind down after a day of hiking or swimming etc. Sad that there isnt much of a kitchen to use but its no more expensuve to eat out thsn her places in italy snd they understand the concept of take away! Great rooms, bathrooms and the staff were super friendly.

The room itself was fine. It appeared to be clean and the washroom was good although we did have to request more bathroom tissue as there were three of us there. It seemed strange that we had to hand in the key everytime we went out. The owners rules stated that they had the right to go in and inspect when we werent' there but they didn't empty our wastebasket? The wifi connection was poor. The location as good as we were centrally located between the towns in Cinque Terre.

absolutely amazing, probably my favorite hostel i stayed at while traveling

Absolutely perfect and I have said I will b back next year to stay longer. The only little hitch as far as I am concerned is lock-out from your rooms for five hours in the middle of the day. You can leave baggage there during that time but are not allowed inside. the weather was fine when I was there but if the weather was not so good it is a long time for a shut out. However the staff and other aspects made up for it. The place was spotless.

I loved this hostel. Very clean, great facilities, and a great quiet location in Cinque Terre!

Fantastic place if you want to get away from the busy touristy places of the Cinque Terre. Quiet, relaxing. Yes lots of stairs but there is a shuttle bus if you check the times. Also no kitchen but restaurants are right outside and reasonably priced.

I stayed in the 8 bed male dorm. The room was big. The hostel were clean. My stay here was great.

I can't think of a single negative thing to say about this hostel. Very well run, clean orderly, lovely atmosphere, great location large secure lockers and helpful/friendly staff!. Though it wasn't hard to find, the directions to get there could have been a bit more clear.

very good location !

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

We had a lovely stay at Ostello Corneglia - the hostel is quiet and peaceful and overlooks the town and some of the ocean. The owners were lovely and helpful. Rooms were spotless. The bus is just steps away from the hostel and everything you need within walking distance in this gorgeous town!

• 1st Jun 2014

Great hostel, right in the town's centre, amazingly clean, friendly and helpful staff, the rooms are spacious and bright with individual lockers, the bathrooms were the cleanest I had ever seen and it s peacul. Corniglia was by far my favourite town, away from the crowd,got much more character. I want to say Thanks to the lady at the reception who adviced me about the walking trail to Cornazza, I did it, it was the best part of my trip, Grazie mille!

One of the best hostels I`ve ever stayed in. Totally clean bathrooms and bedrooms, even free towels and lockers. Nice location, very friendly staff and a nice atmosphere in a former school-building! Great starting point for hiking tours!

• 31st May 2014

A really great place to stay if your visiting Cinque Terre. Clean and spacious rooms, with clean bathrooms. The staff was really helpful and friendly. There isn't much to do in Corniglia but it was a lot of fun hiking the trails between the towns, and the subway is a quick ride to the other towns. I would stay here again if I come back, beautiful area.

« first « Prev 1 2 3