Ostello Corniglia Reviews

Via Alla Stazione 3, Cinque Terre, Italy

I really liked the location and the staff were very friendly.

It was shocking to see inhospitality in Italy. A hostel-mate who wanted to extend her stay here was denied, told the place was booked. She pried some, learned there were two beds left, but held "in case they overbooked." She had to leave, and those beds went empty. Another woman saw everyone eating breakfast (poorest we had) and asked to join, but could not b/c she hadn't paid — the night before. There was plenty of food. Bad business practices. Wouldn't recommend unless just need a bed.

This hostel is located perfectly in what is (in my opinion) the best of all the villages- stunningly beautiful, quiet enough that its not crowded with tourists but enough bar and restaurants to keep you entertained at night. The rooms are large and extremely clean with big lockers. The common area isn't much and you can't cook there but who wants to cook in italy anyway? The staff were helpful and polite up until checkout then after they were quite rude.

We had a private (twin beds) room which was basic but very clean and very comfortable. You leave your keys at the front desk when you leave the hostel which could make some travelers uncomfortable. The hostel, which is centrally located, is difficult to find (the numbering in Corneglia makes no sense) but is situated right next to the bus station. We had no problems with noise. Also, they offer a breakfast (which we didn't take) for 5€, which is quite nice if you're getting up early to hike.

Staff was horrible. The man was very rude to everyone at the hostel. They make everyone vacate the common area at 11pm and basically want to lock you in your rooms. They also wouldn't turn on the air con. They also shut down the hostel for the entire day, so oh can't come back to change or use the toilet or do anything. I think the only reason people stay here is because it's the only hostel in the area!

This hostel has a fantastic location - had a great time with no worries at all. Beds comfortable, bathroom clean, communal area was great to sit and meet people of an evening, left luggage for a few hours the day I departed no worries. The hostel closes its doors during the day, but this should be no problem (unless it's raining). Would stay here again!

We stayed in a private double, en suite, right off the registration desk. The room was very quiet and very clean, the twin beds were comfortable, and the view from the window unbeatable. At one point we couldn't connect with our next hotel and Allessandro at the front desk offered the use of his cell phone and eventually spoke to our new host himself, writing down all the information to take with us. We would definitely stay here again on a visit to beautiful Corniglia.

• 13th Sep 2015
  • Couple, 41+

It's very good hotel !

I would highly suggest staying at this hostel as this is where the hike starts from. The first two towns had a landslide in 2012 and haven't repaired since. Great establishment. Lockers are huge! Bring earplugs the church is your neighbor. All male dorms with like minded individuals. Stay here to hike and sleep that is all you need to do in Corniglia. Wifi worked but not that great in the make dorm. Made due with the connection. The staff was accommodating, friendly and had great smiles!

Super clean. Staff was nice. Large lockers provided for each bed. No real common room area though. Can be a little hard to find so make sure you have directions. Bell tower right outside the male dorm goes off on the hour 24/7. Annoying that it does that all night! Hostel can't really do anything about that though. Great place to stay being the middle town out of the 5.

Corniglia is the most isolated of the five towns - it's the only one not accessible by ferry. One day there was a train strike, which meant the only way to get out of town was to walk (there was a thunderstorm), so we hitchhiked (we were fine). Otherwise, the hostel is cute, the room was spacious, even though you share it with nine other people. My airline lost my luggage on my way to Italy, and the gentleman at Ostello Corniglia was excellent in calling Alitalia for me to help.

Ostello Hostel in Corniglia was in a great location and was really clean, but they lock you out from 10:30-3:00pm! It's very unfortunate if a thunderstorm hits or your travel partner is feeling sick and tired--both of which happened on my trip. Also there's a very loud bell that chimes every hour, and half hour, AND plays a very long song on the top of choice hours. It's pretty loud and not pretty. Other than that, Corniglia was my favorite town in Italy!

I prefer hostels with fewer bunks per room, shorter "closed for cleaning" hours (10:30 am to 3 pm felt excessive to me, especially when they wouldn't make an exception even when there a severe flood warning in the area), and a quieter setting (the adjacent bell tower's hourly clanging was really hard to sleep through although that is not the hostel's fault).

It was a nice place. A little hard to get to from the other cities, but that's how everything in Corniglia is. I got kicked out of the hostel at 10:30 for cleaning which was a little annoying. Overall it was a fine place to stay in a beautiful place.

• 10th Sep 2015

Perfect for a hostel, you know what to expect before you get there and therefor no suprises. Friendly staff, clean rooms and easy to find!

10/10 Best experience with shared rooms during my trip. Super clean, great location (if you don't mind the stairs in the town).

We were not allowed to keep our key by our own. And there is a time were we can't get to our room at 1pm. And a nighttime close. That's not what I was expecting.

I loved this place. Corniglia was my favorite of the 5 villages. It was less touristy and quiet. This hostel was very very clean which I really appreciated. The staff we also very helpful.

• 2nd Sep 2015

Worst experience 😤 grumpy rude receptionist!! Not allowed to be in hostel between 10 to 3 pm not even to use the toilets or showers A/C for just certain time, if you wanna cancel your stay you will be charged 50% some guy charged full price! To e fair The hostel is clean and nice but no hostel atmosphere

• 27th Aug 2015

Good hostel but it was hot and the air conditioning was turned off at midnight every night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4