Ostello Corniglia Reviews

Via Alla Stazione 3, Cinque Terre, Italy

Good hostel but it was hot and the air conditioning was turned off at midnight every night.

very restrictive regulations, felt like we were at the army. night curfew is in effect which prevents you from enjoying the amazing views of cinque terre with a bottle of chianti all night long.

Great hostel - awesome lockers - super clean rooms and showers which was great - wifi was awesome - location was fantastic for corniglia but poor in terms of the cinqe Terre - however there was a church next door which rang it's bells every hour which meant early wake ups - all in all would reccomend staying here.

You get what you pay for, and this is a good budget accommodation. This is a bare-bones hostel with institutional-like décor (lockers, metal beds, and a semi-functioning A/C unit). We stayed in a private double room, which was rather cramped, but clean. The hostel is well-located in the heart of the small town. Several staff members were not particularly friendly but Elisabetta went out of her way to help us plan our Cinque Terre trek.

Corniglia is a very beautiful town, personally my favourite of the 5. This hostel is great. Be aware the hostel is locked at 1am. Owner appears to have a lot of rules concerning the hostel, none excessive however.

Estuve solo una noche en este hostel y me encantó. Tiene todo lo que necesitas para sentirte seguro y disfrutar tranquilo de este pueblo tan lindo de Cinque Terre. Aunque quizas son demasiadas las normas que hay que tener en cuenta y son bastante estructurados, es un lugar ideal si buscas seguridad, ubicación y buen precio. Recomiendo.

Nice place, spacious, right in the center of a beautiful and tranquil town. The only drawbacks are that it doesn't have a comfortable common space, and the a/c is turned off during the night.

My biggest complaint about this place is that you cannot check in before 3:00 pm. You may drop your bags off, but they leave it in an unlocked room right by the entrance. You're also greeted with signs saying that you may not use the bathroom or other facilities until check in. I understand the need to clean the place, but the very next hostel I stayed in let me check in while they cleaned and locked my bag in the room for me. The location is good, lots of stairs at the train station though.

I loved corniglia, and actually found it to be my favorite of the 5 towns. Once you climb the stairs to get to the town (which aren't that bad. They are pretty shallow and you can take a bus if you don't feel like walking them), the hostel is located right in the small town. Staff was friendly and helpful, and facilities were fine. Air conditioning was a welcome sight in the hot summer Italian heat

Didnt bother me but the hostel can not be accessed by anyone at times during the day so not very flexible. Had to be out by 10.30am each day (again didnt effect me) Male staff member was very nice. SOme couches/ chill out area would be good. Lockers were good size

Enjoyed my stay here, but I was a bit surprised at the number of rules for the guests. Also, the hostel is shut down during the day, so if you forget something in the room, you're out of luck. However, Corniglia is a great place to base yourself if you're exploring Cinque Terre. It's the quietest of the five villages partly because it's set away from the coastline, so it's nice and quiet at night.

I only stayed one night here, but I wish I had stayed longer. Very big spacious rooms with air conditioning (!!!!!). Nice and large lockers. Very easy location, 100m from the bus stop and main street in Corniglia. Only complaint would be that there was not a very inviting common space (but i met people in my room anyways) and the fact that the hostel closes at 1:30 am is a bit annoying. Would definitely stay here again!

Good Hostel!

very helpful in my booking. There was no option for a female dorm on the website and I called them up to ask if i could stay in the male dorm instead, the staff helped me sort out the problem immediately and I was able to stay in the female dorm without any problem. The place was air conditioned properly and very very clean. It was really pleasant especially their attitude :)

Excellent

Great to stay, would recommend.

No AC, which sucked. Plus, there's a clock tower bell nearby that runs all through the night. Nice, clean place though with big rooms.

One of the top three hostels I have ever had the pleasure of staying. Extremely clean, bright and accommodating in every way. Also, congratulations on having a fantastic staff who were knowledgeable about the area ands how to navigate it.

• 28th Jun 2015

Awesome location, and service was good.

The hostel was great. The one problem was the air conditioning did not work for a couple of nights. But that was not a big deal

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4