Ostello Dante Reviews

Via Nicolodi, 12, Ravenna, Emilia-Romagna, Italy

Great staff, good room, was upgraded to the private room which had own bathroom since it is low season, for the same price as the dorm. Supermarket across the road. Only negative is the room gets hot and if you leave the windows open to get some fresh air, mosquitoes come in. Staff replaced the shower head within 5 mins after mentioning it was broken.

Thank you for a wonderful stay and assistance.

The host is very nice and helpful. The common area is interesting, funny and welcoming. There were a lot of mosquitoes that made my stay there very uncomfortable. There were no mosquito nets at the window. The room was very hot and I had to choose between suffocating or opening the window and being bitten by mosquitoes. No internet in the room, just in the common area.

The staff were really friendly and very helpful. They made me feel really welcome and relaxed. Also the hostel is within easy access to the beach which is great!

• 5th Sep 2013

Staff was great here, very helpful and friendly. Let us use bicycles free of charge, which I highly recommend. A bit wobbly, but a wonderful way to see Ravenna. Nice and quiet, we had a five person dorm booked but we were the only two in there. Breakfast was basic but good. Nice hostel! Very clean and well organized.

By far the worst hostel we stayed at during our trip. No lock on the main bathroom door; no lock on stall doors (use your arms/feet); shower doors clear (although door/partition to showers is opaque, but again no lock); our showers were ice cold. Can't remember about AC, but in our rooms it didn't feel like there was any. However, staff were really friendly and nice, and buffet breakfast kinda made up for the horrors of the previous evening. 40-5 min walk away from city centre.

• 12th Aug 2013

Very nice hostel!

• 5th Aug 2013
  • Belgium

Very nice staff

the place is really far from everything, bu they have facilities in the hostel, the only think i hated was that you CANT stay in the hostel in the afternoon, so everybody has to get out, this is ridiculous, because we are paying to STAY in the place, and they dont clean the room, this is disgusting!

It is a bit far from the citycenter but easy to find if you have your own car. There is public transportation very close. Good atmosphere, two common areas with games. Helpful staff. Spacious rooms and clean bathrooms (we had a private dorm for 6). Mind the mosquitos in summer. Good breakfast.

A friendly place, staff were really helpful.

no hot water, can't lock the door during shower, and the location is far from the city center

Really nice place to stay. Surely a hostel i will use again if i ever return to italy!

One of the coolest hostels I've ever stayed in, just a few complaints. First was location--it's about a 15 min walk into Ravenna itself, but for the price you can't really be too upset by this. Second, there was no soap in the bathrooms, and I don't mean shower gel or shampoo or anything, I mean just plain HAND soap, which was gross to say the least. I ended up going to some store down the street just to wash my hands.

Oscar was very friendly and nice

Very nice hostel, originally decorated, lots of space and very nice staff!! Just outside the city centre but a small walk or trip with the bus will bring you there immediately.

The biggest problem is certainly the location, far away from everything ...from the point of view of am backpacker is no good.

• 4th Jun 2013

Super cool hostel, super cheap. Recommended to all my friends, cannot wait to go back. Staff is awesome and it is a super relaxing accommodating place. I love Ravenna. Bikes available at hostel too and across sreet from grocery store.

The Staff is great and very helpful! The atmosphere in the hostel is really nice and everything is very clean. The breakfast was very delicious and they even agreed to prepare an early breakfast for me and my friend. Great place, would recommend it to everyone, if I go back to Ravenna - this would be my place! :)

Overall, it was a great hostel. The only thing that I did not really like was how far it was from the town center. It was probably a 20 minute walk one way. Other than that, the staff were very helpful and friendly, the place was clean and everything was very accommodating. If I came back to Ravenna, I would definitely stay there again regardless of the distance. The good outweigh the bad.

• 19th Apr 2013