Ostello Gallo D'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

Thanks to all the staff, you've been very kind with me.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Argentina
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The hostel staff was very nice and helpful. They give you a towel for free, so that really makes your day and feels very homy. Someone broke the laundry so that was the only disadvantage. It is a great place to stay, relax and friendly.

Good wi-fi and nice staff! I would recommend

A very nice staff, but a location far from the center (when you walk all day long, it's really far !) The price is expensive (30 euros) to be in a 4 girls dormitory. The breakfast is ok and the atmosphere very friendly.

Because of the reviews I'd read about this hostel, I had great expectations about this hostel, however, they weren't fulfilled. Don't get me wrong, it's a good hostel, clean, well located with a good staff, but, for a solo traveler, it doesn't have a good place to interact with other travelers. Only in a couple days, 4 out of 7, they organize a dinner that gives what the hostel doesn't provide easily, chats! But, if you're traveling on a group, you'll love it. BTW, wifi is not good.

Really great staff, probably the best i've ever had in European hostels. Atmosphere was pretty quite, if your tired from partying somewhere like Rome (as I was) then a good place to re-cooperate. Deffo not a party hostel! They do a night 4 times a week where they give you some food and wine so you can chat to fellow travellers in the hostel which was cool.

The staff was amazingly helpful and funny. There was breakfast in the morning and pasta and wine at night. The room was comfortable and clean an the bathroom was great. It is a little walk from the train station but you get out of the tourist areas which is nice.

This hostel was awesome!!! The staff is super friendly and really go above and beyond to make your stay perfect. The free breakfasts and especially the morning cappucinos were fantastic!!!!! The rooms were clean and secure. overall one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!!!!

• 5th Sep 2014

The breakfast is excellent. A great place to stay, I would definitely stay there again.

BEST breakfast spread we have come across in a hostel! Yummo! The barista coffee was a nice surprise!

Breakfast is pretty great! Also close to duomo. No fans in the rooms though so the air flow was a bit stagnant

Great hostel ! Staff is very friendly, location is great :) We were staying in a twin room, very spacious, even had our own little balcony ! Breakfast is nice and they also organise catch up nights with pizza and pasta !

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was friendly, we were able to enjoy florence to the fullest.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Staff is very helpful and acted as a tour guide! They upgraded me to a better room on the second day due to the air conditioner not working, so I was very happy with that. The free wine nights on the rooftop were great as well!

I don't normally review, but this place was just awesome. The staff were brilliant. The wifi was great. The breakfast was a pretty good, and there was indeed free food and wine as promised. The rooms were clean and everyone had a locker. The 24 hour reception was wonderful and there was no cleaning lockout. Honestly, I think I spent more time in the hostel than outside of it. I'm actually tempted to come back just because I liked the hostel that much.

Loved that there were clean sheets everyday and breakfast was included. All of the staffs were friendly.

Free breakfast is unreal and staff are very helpful.

We had a very nice time. The staff was super friendly and it was nice getting something to eat befor hitting the city. The staff was very patient with us as we were constantly asking questions. Thanks for the patience and help. :) We had a double room meaning access to a kitchen which was also very nice as it gave us time to unwind in the evening. It was a very nice stay. :)

Amazing would recommend to all!

• 24th Aug 2014