Ostello Gallo D'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

I liked the breakfast, the terrace was gorgeous, and the staff was friendly and responsive. At check-in, I was given a plethora of information about the city and sights to see.

First of all, we booked at Ostello Gallo D’Oro but we actually stayed at the next door B&B, which is a possibility according to their ‘Things to note’ section so that’s fine. However, we had to pay double for the city tax, which wasn’t mentioned anywhere. On the other hand, the room was great, with comfortable beds and well-equipped. Breakfast was awesome (check their pics!). Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definetely recommend it.

I arrived to the hostel I saw on this website and was sent immediately to a B&B place next door that wasn't a hostel at all. The reason was Gallo D'oro was fully booked to american students and THE SCHOOL asked them to keep other people out of the building. Of course they made me pay first. I would've left immediately if it hadn't been for the hail storm outside. Next morning I asked for a refund and they made me feel like I was a mad cow. No lockers in the room and toilet lock didn't work.

The staff was incredible from the moment we first arrived and I had the loveliest time. Thank you!

• 10th Nov 2014

Hi I booked for the Gallo D'oro, but it seems I ended up staying at the Soggiorno Laura. Nice, because I had good breakfasts on the terrace for four sunny days :) Anyway the hostel and the B&B are run by the same management, i think. Staff were all very nice, without exception. Isabelle was very helpful with helping me to book my Vespa trip and she was 100% better than any hotel concierge because she got me to the right place, unlike the hotel guests who ended up at the wrong meeting point.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Excellent breakfast and friendly staff. Just a couple minute walk from major attractions

In fact, we have booked at Hostel Galo dOro, but we end up staying at Soggiorno Laura B&B, a partner. It was fine, but we didn't know about that. The B&B was in another building, and it took some time for us to understand what was going on and to finaly check-in.

• 19th Oct 2014

Hello B., thanks for your review! We are glad you had a good time. Please note, it is written on our page and printed on your confermation mail that the Hostel consist of 2 buildings, one next to each other, and that at your check-in, our staff will assist you by accompanying you to either building.

Nice hostel, breakfast is great with cakes, cereal, meat and cheeses, coffee and juice. Staff here are excellent and will give you lots of advice of things to do. Couples room nice and big. Didn't 'hang out' to see atmosphere and it was quiet with older travellers when we were there, wifi wouldn't work in room. 10-15 min walk into the city centre.

I loved Ostello Gallo D'Oro. The staffs were pretty helpful. Room was nice and clean (we got a private room). Free breakfast (which actually had a lot of food options like eggs, bread, pastries, fruits, meat, cheese, etc instead of so called "continental" breakfast that many hotels is US are fond of). Pretty close to The Duomo, and other places to sightsee. Overall, I'd highly recommend staying here.

• 7th Oct 2014