Ostello Gallo D'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

First of all, we booked at Ostello Gallo D’Oro but we actually stayed at the next door B&B, which is a possibility according to their ‘Things to note’ section so that’s fine. However, we had to pay double for the city tax, which wasn’t mentioned anywhere. On the other hand, the room was great, with comfortable beds and well-equipped. Breakfast was awesome (check their pics!). Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definetely recommend it.

I arrived to the hostel I saw on this website and was sent immediately to a B&B place next door that wasn't a hostel at all. The reason was Gallo D'oro was fully booked to american students and THE SCHOOL asked them to keep other people out of the building. Of course they made me pay first. I would've left immediately if it hadn't been for the hail storm outside. Next morning I asked for a refund and they made me feel like I was a mad cow. No lockers in the room and toilet lock didn't work.

The staff was incredible from the moment we first arrived and I had the loveliest time. Thank you!

• 10th Nov 2014

Hi I booked for the Gallo D'oro, but it seems I ended up staying at the Soggiorno Laura. Nice, because I had good breakfasts on the terrace for four sunny days :) Anyway the hostel and the B&B are run by the same management, i think. Staff were all very nice, without exception. Isabelle was very helpful with helping me to book my Vespa trip and she was 100% better than any hotel concierge because she got me to the right place, unlike the hotel guests who ended up at the wrong meeting point.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Excellent breakfast and friendly staff. Just a couple minute walk from major attractions