Ostello Gallo D'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

nice staff. fine breakfast! Standard room has no air conditioning but a fan who was covered in dust.

Great place to stay! Friendly staff, clean facilities and in a good location. Would definitely come back to this hostel.

• 17th Jul 2014

Staff is awesome.

the staff was incredible and they made incredible recommendations for local restaurant and tours. The free breakfast was more than just a continential breakfast.

It was a wonderful stay! Beautiful rooms, delicious breakfast, great location and super helpful staff. The only negative was that our shower was blocked, but the general standard of cleanliness was good. I would definitely come back again!

Our stay was short but definitely sweet! Stayed in a private room which was quite and pleasant.

• 13th Jul 2014

Best hostel ever, clean and safe, not far from the churches and galleries, with free wifi and free breakfast. Besides, staff are super hospitable here. it would be better if I didn't stay in a mix dorm, all roomates were guys made me a little embarrassed.

Very friendly staff, and warm and welcoming atmosphere. The location was perfect for seeing the sights. I had trouble finding the hostel from outside (maybe that was just me) but the lady at the desk was very patient and helped me find it. I would definitely recommend this place.

I loved staying here. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The breakfast was delicious! The area the hostel is in is fairly quiet and only a few minutes walk to the centre of Florence. Very good value for money. The breakfast was the best. i have had in a hostel. Sandwiches, muffins, fruit, cereal, juice, espresso coffee.

• 10th Jul 2014

Great hostel, good location, nice staff.. Wifi only works near computer area. No air conditioning, but besides that would definitely recommend!

• 8th Jul 2014

Best hostel ever!!!!

Great receptionist, great free breakfast, comfortable beds for hostel standard, good location, great value for money! I recommend!

The hostel is beautiful and clean, but breakfast is a little weak. Because I have a large luggage , the stairs are too small for me to carry on.

Dear C. Are you sure you are talking about us?? Breakfast is our highlight!! And the stairs are 2 meters wide. Without mention that there is also the elevator....

These guys go the extra mile to make sure you have an awesome stay. Definitely not the most social hostel I've stayed at, but hey, it's Florence, so what do you expect? The breakfast is insanely good too. Thanks for everything!

Loved staying at this hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful, they were eager to give a city map and offer suggestions. Room was cleaned daily and quite thoroughly. AC worked, no problem. Lockers in the room were secure. They provided the lock with a key and were large enough to accomodate my backpack and all belongings. Breakfast was tasty, offering a variety of foods. Overall, this hostel had a friendly, inviting atmosphere and was a great place to relax with fellow travelers.

We were very happy with the hostel. Everyone one was very friendly annd helpful with suggestions for places to eat and see. The room even had a balcony!

• 3rd Jul 2014

The staff are really friendly and helpful here! It's on a main road which leads to the centre of Florence but it's a bit of a walk. Certainly not too far though. Facilities are good but it was lacking in atmosphere a bit - there was never really anyone in the communal area, but then again, we were there midweek. I'd stay here again though!

The hostel staff here was amazing, as they were super friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was great, lots of selection. It was very homey and had a great atmosphere of people. My experience here was pretty good. I would stay here if you are looking for a nice experience. My only complaint was that it's a little further away from the tourist attractions and the train station, but honestly, Florence isn't that big of a city so it made a small difference of maybe 5-10 min more walking.

Really nice place. Staff is very kind and always willing to help you.

• 1st Jul 2014

Was a good hostel to meet people and great prices. The staff is great as well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4