Ostello Gallo D'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

Good wi-fi and nice staff! I would recommend

The staff was amazingly helpful and funny. There was breakfast in the morning and pasta and wine at night. The room was comfortable and clean an the bathroom was great. It is a little walk from the train station but you get out of the tourist areas which is nice.

The breakfast is excellent. A great place to stay, I would definitely stay there again.

Breakfast is pretty great! Also close to duomo. No fans in the rooms though so the air flow was a bit stagnant

Great hostel ! Staff is very friendly, location is great :) We were staying in a twin room, very spacious, even had our own little balcony ! Breakfast is nice and they also organise catch up nights with pizza and pasta !

Staff is very helpful and acted as a tour guide! They upgraded me to a better room on the second day due to the air conditioner not working, so I was very happy with that. The free wine nights on the rooftop were great as well!

I don't normally review, but this place was just awesome. The staff were brilliant. The wifi was great. The breakfast was a pretty good, and there was indeed free food and wine as promised. The rooms were clean and everyone had a locker. The 24 hour reception was wonderful and there was no cleaning lockout. Honestly, I think I spent more time in the hostel than outside of it. I'm actually tempted to come back just because I liked the hostel that much.

Loved that there were clean sheets everyday and breakfast was included. All of the staffs were friendly.

Free breakfast is unreal and staff are very helpful.

We had a very nice time. The staff was super friendly and it was nice getting something to eat befor hitting the city. The staff was very patient with us as we were constantly asking questions. Thanks for the patience and help. :) We had a double room meaning access to a kitchen which was also very nice as it gave us time to unwind in the evening. It was a very nice stay. :)

Amazing would recommend to all!

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Great staff

Bed was comfy with blanket, AC in room, nice bathroom, lockers. Breakfast was Wonderful and included Salami and cheese, yogurt, breads, juice, tea, coffee made to order. Free pasta dinner four times a week, staff was nice, location was 10 min walk to center. Thank you gallo d'oro, you rock!

The staff at this hostel were fantastic and helped create a really welcoming atmosphere. They were happy to help with any inquiries and had a great knowledge of the city. Also the breakfast was exceptional, and the three free dinners a week is a nice touch. Only negative I can think of was the beds weren't great but on the whole it is a great hostel.

Very friendly staff and excellent breakfast

• 20th Aug 2014

Location is quiet bad. it's too far from Uffici gallery and San Marco Piazza.... but there is good breakfast and service.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Hey J., thanks for your review. Please note, the distance between the Hostel and San Marco Square (Academy Gallery) is 600mt... (0,370 miles). 5 minutes by walk then. Now, your fellow travellers rightfully trust reviews, so you may wanna be a little bit more careful and precise on the informations you share ;-) Grazie and take care!!

It was a really nice stay at this hostel and the staff was extremely nice and inviting. The room was nice and we had our own bathroom, which was great. I really loved our balcony as well. The only issue that can't be helped is that there's tons of mosquitos at night, so you can either bear with them with the window oper or use the noisy AC. There was a nice variety of things for breakfast: cereal, hard boiled eggs, fruit, pastries... it was also not that far from the city centre, maybe 15min.

• 18th Aug 2014

Friendliest staff ever. Definitely recommend!

• 18th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

One of the best hotels I've stayed in in Italy. Good atmosphere, great location and hands down the best breakfast I've had in a hostel (including espresso or cappuccino coffee!!). The staff were fantastic also. Definitely stay here!

Gallo D'Oro is my favorite hostel I stayed in during my trip to Italy. The staff was super nice and helpful. They have parties for the guests a few nights a week, and basically everyone showed up--it was a fun way to meet all the other travelers. They had a really nice spread out for breakfast every morning and the towel was included. The hostel looks like it is far away from everything on a map, but Florence is small so it is very walkable. I would highly recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7