Ostello Gallo D'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

Free breakfast is unreal and staff are very helpful.

We had a very nice time. The staff was super friendly and it was nice getting something to eat befor hitting the city. The staff was very patient with us as we were constantly asking questions. Thanks for the patience and help. :) We had a double room meaning access to a kitchen which was also very nice as it gave us time to unwind in the evening. It was a very nice stay. :)

Amazing would recommend to all!

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Great staff

Bed was comfy with blanket, AC in room, nice bathroom, lockers. Breakfast was Wonderful and included Salami and cheese, yogurt, breads, juice, tea, coffee made to order. Free pasta dinner four times a week, staff was nice, location was 10 min walk to center. Thank you gallo d'oro, you rock!

The staff at this hostel were fantastic and helped create a really welcoming atmosphere. They were happy to help with any inquiries and had a great knowledge of the city. Also the breakfast was exceptional, and the three free dinners a week is a nice touch. Only negative I can think of was the beds weren't great but on the whole it is a great hostel.

Very friendly staff and excellent breakfast

• 20th Aug 2014

Location is quiet bad. it's too far from Uffici gallery and San Marco Piazza.... but there is good breakfast and service.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Hey J., thanks for your review. Please note, the distance between the Hostel and San Marco Square (Academy Gallery) is 600mt... (0,370 miles). 5 minutes by walk then. Now, your fellow travellers rightfully trust reviews, so you may wanna be a little bit more careful and precise on the informations you share ;-) Grazie and take care!!

It was a really nice stay at this hostel and the staff was extremely nice and inviting. The room was nice and we had our own bathroom, which was great. I really loved our balcony as well. The only issue that can't be helped is that there's tons of mosquitos at night, so you can either bear with them with the window oper or use the noisy AC. There was a nice variety of things for breakfast: cereal, hard boiled eggs, fruit, pastries... it was also not that far from the city centre, maybe 15min.

• 18th Aug 2014

Friendliest staff ever. Definitely recommend!

• 18th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

One of the best hotels I've stayed in in Italy. Good atmosphere, great location and hands down the best breakfast I've had in a hostel (including espresso or cappuccino coffee!!). The staff were fantastic also. Definitely stay here!

Gallo D'Oro is my favorite hostel I stayed in during my trip to Italy. The staff was super nice and helpful. They have parties for the guests a few nights a week, and basically everyone showed up--it was a fun way to meet all the other travelers. They had a really nice spread out for breakfast every morning and the towel was included. The hostel looks like it is far away from everything on a map, but Florence is small so it is very walkable. I would highly recommend.

Had a lovely stay here and was v impressed with the friendliness of the staff who were always willing to help! Great breakfast provided and dorms and bathrooms up to a high standard. This hostel is also very close to the centre of Florence and is located in an area which feels safe at night. The one thing I would recommend is the addition of a bar and maybe some kitchen facilities but overall I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to any traveller!

Pretty good hostel just found it super difficult to find with not a very good sign out front. Lockers were big enough to fit entire backpack and wifi was pretty good. Staff was helpful and they even had little hangouts for the guests at night with wine and food. Good location about a 10-15 minute walk to the main part of Florence that everyone goes to see

The directions to the hostel were not rock solid. The web site and email confirmation directions did not match. After walking for an hour in midday heat with our luggage, we were exhausted. He told us he could not ask the city administrators to change the street signs for us.!! The entry door looks like you have entered an apartment building. The hostel is on the second floor but you have no clue when you go through the door. The door knob to my room came off in my hand when I shut the door.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This hostel had a great way of trying to bring people together with socials on various nights. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The furniture in the rooms were a bit outdates but it was good value for money and clean.

This was my favourite hostel in Italy! Extremely friendly staff and the breakfast was the best! I stayed here 5 nights and enjoyed the clean and simple hostel environment, spacious rooms and the balcony was a great place to chill out. Would definitely recommend to others visiting Florence.

Good hostel. Not much of a common area, only dining area where breakfast is served so was hard to meet other travellers as I wasn't there on a Monday or Thursday night where they have Aperitivo and drinks on the rooftop terrace which is only open on these nights. Doors use old and difficult locks And keys and are yet to update with access cards. Within waking distance to everything in florence, although you can walk all of florence anyway. Good solid hostel!

Beautiful place, excellent people helping in everything that you need. Tips to enjoy your staying in Florence. I recommend this place. You will fell as in home!

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Uruguay

Enjoyed staying here, staff were friendly and helpful. Location was perfect.

• 10th Aug 2014