Ostello Gallo D'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

Without soap in the toilet.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Bolivia

We stayed for two nights in a twin private room and had a great stay. The room was cool (both in temperature and vibe) and although breakfast was a bit underwhelming (but free!) the staff were unbelievably friendly. Only bad thing was the abundance of pots and pans despite there being no cooker or hob which was a shame, however we knew there was no kitchen listed on hostel world so were not disappointed just thought it odd! Overall, great location (10 min walk) and would thoroughly recommend!

• 6th Aug 2014

It is a great place, staying there again when I go back through florence on way home!!!

we paid for a 4 beds room, but it was full and they got us a double room in a bed and breakfast next door. nice deal!

Great hostel with a comfy atmosphere and sense of community. The staff were friendly and easy to chat with. Included breakfast was also great as there was heaps to eat! When choose a hostel it came down to Plus or gallo d'oro. I am glad that we chose gallo because plus seemed like a cheap hotel rather than a hostel, and therefore lacked the character or sense of community of gallo. Would recommend highly

• 1st Aug 2014

Everything in this hostel is thoughtful to make the guest feel comfortable and better I guess, they offer you a place like home far away from home. Amazing atmosphere and vibe here I felt, my room was really good spacious, comfy and cosy with nice bathroom inside. The staff are really friendly and helpful and the breakfast is delicious with lot of options included in price...and the decoration of the room...so I highly recommend it for anyone that want a gorgeous place to stay...

The staff is super friendly and the breakfast is the best I have ever had in any hostel!

Ask the staff for restaurant recommendations and help booking museums . They are super genuine and helpful

Fabulous hostel. Will definitely come back.

The breakfasts here are amazing! The staff are really friendly and helpful, they gave us great advise about where to go in the city and where to eat! The location is really close to the centre and train station so very useful and easy to find. The beds are a little small so if you are very tall this may be a problem and the wifi is in the corridor but the room was great and the bathrooms really clean with great facilities. We were very happy!

We loved our stay here. We had a private room with a little balcony and our own bathroom. We found it to be a little loud at night with other members of the hostel. The breakfast provided was great. The hostel states you can use a kitchen which is actually in another building with a sister hostel but don't let that put you off - it was really quiet and had a lovely terrace with a hammock.

Great hostel! Free breakfast was amazing, staff were great and it was only about a 10 min walk to the main sites and a 25 min walk from the train station!!

The hostel is well localized and you can go to visit the main touristic attractions by walking. The breakfast is delicious and it is very clean. The only thing missing is the party part. It is a very calm hostel. If you want to take a rest it is perfect.

I had a nice stay here in July. The hostel has a really nice warm friendly atmosphere and homely feel. The facilities are generally pretty clean, can't complain! I would recommend if staying in Florence.

Pros: Great location, good wifi (though a bit spotty in the common area), good breakfast, helpful staff, great facilities Cons: A bit hard to find Definitely would recommend! Very nice! Make sure you book early though because they book up quickly.

The staff was EXTREMELY friendly here, and it was our favorite place to stay by far during our Europe trip. They had 24hr reception, handed out maps and went over all the Florence highlights, plus they provided tips on where to eat, so we weren't just eating at the typical touristy places which makes a HUGE difference on the quality of food. I loved our bright orange room with the Tuscan style ceiling. The bathroom was small, but I find that pretty typical of Europe. :)

• 24th Jul 2014

The location is awesome, it's located on the main street that leads to the Duomo and center of Florence. You MUST MUST MUST go to dinner at least once at Tito's down the street from the hostel! My friend and I went every night we stayed in Florence, on the recommendation of someone who worked the reception at the hostel. Also, the breakfast is really nice: fresh cappuccino and sandwiches with fruit and granola. We loved our time here and would absolutely return!

Definetely one of the best hostels, amazing staff and facilities. The place looked more like a BnB rather than a hostel but I didn t mind. The location is good, but there is a still walking involved. I would recommend this place.

Small, intimate hostel not far from the city center. Great breakfast!

Ostello Gallo D'Oro was comfortable and clean. It's around a 10 minute walk from city centre and around 15-20 minute walk to the main train station. The complimentary breakfast was a nice bonus. The staff was friendly and helpful. If I were to be in Florence again, I would stay here again.