Ostello Gallo D'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

Pretty good hostel just found it super difficult to find with not a very good sign out front. Lockers were big enough to fit entire backpack and wifi was pretty good. Staff was helpful and they even had little hangouts for the guests at night with wine and food. Good location about a 10-15 minute walk to the main part of Florence that everyone goes to see

The directions to the hostel were not rock solid. The web site and email confirmation directions did not match. After walking for an hour in midday heat with our luggage, we were exhausted. He told us he could not ask the city administrators to change the street signs for us.!! The entry door looks like you have entered an apartment building. The hostel is on the second floor but you have no clue when you go through the door. The door knob to my room came off in my hand when I shut the door.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This hostel had a great way of trying to bring people together with socials on various nights. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The furniture in the rooms were a bit outdates but it was good value for money and clean.

This was my favourite hostel in Italy! Extremely friendly staff and the breakfast was the best! I stayed here 5 nights and enjoyed the clean and simple hostel environment, spacious rooms and the balcony was a great place to chill out. Would definitely recommend to others visiting Florence.

Good hostel. Not much of a common area, only dining area where breakfast is served so was hard to meet other travellers as I wasn't there on a Monday or Thursday night where they have Aperitivo and drinks on the rooftop terrace which is only open on these nights. Doors use old and difficult locks And keys and are yet to update with access cards. Within waking distance to everything in florence, although you can walk all of florence anyway. Good solid hostel!

Beautiful place, excellent people helping in everything that you need. Tips to enjoy your staying in Florence. I recommend this place. You will fell as in home!

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Uruguay

Enjoyed staying here, staff were friendly and helpful. Location was perfect.

• 10th Aug 2014

Overall our stay at this hostel was disappointing. The bathroom and our room were not cleaned properly. The breakfast was average. We had no access to the wifi from our room and some staff members were not very helpful in providing us with information on Firenze.

Dear M. Thanks for your review. On those days we were training a new cleaning staff member. So it's possible that she didn't do a perfect job in your room. We apologize for that. Breakfast is our highlight, as you can see on the other reviews. We are sorry you didn't find it tasting. Same thing for the staff. I don't know what kind of information you ask...maybe it was a very difficult question :-) We apologize again for your disappointing stay and we'll do better next time! Ciao!!!

Lovely, friendly staff

• 7th Aug 2014

Without soap in the toilet.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Bolivia

We stayed for two nights in a twin private room and had a great stay. The room was cool (both in temperature and vibe) and although breakfast was a bit underwhelming (but free!) the staff were unbelievably friendly. Only bad thing was the abundance of pots and pans despite there being no cooker or hob which was a shame, however we knew there was no kitchen listed on hostel world so were not disappointed just thought it odd! Overall, great location (10 min walk) and would thoroughly recommend!

• 6th Aug 2014

It is a great place, staying there again when I go back through florence on way home!!!

Fantastic hostel. Breaky was unbelievable and staff really helpful.

we paid for a 4 beds room, but it was full and they got us a double room in a bed and breakfast next door. nice deal!

Great hostel with a comfy atmosphere and sense of community. The staff were friendly and easy to chat with. Included breakfast was also great as there was heaps to eat! When choose a hostel it came down to Plus or gallo d'oro. I am glad that we chose gallo because plus seemed like a cheap hotel rather than a hostel, and therefore lacked the character or sense of community of gallo. Would recommend highly

• 1st Aug 2014

Everything in this hostel is thoughtful to make the guest feel comfortable and better I guess, they offer you a place like home far away from home. Amazing atmosphere and vibe here I felt, my room was really good spacious, comfy and cosy with nice bathroom inside. The staff are really friendly and helpful and the breakfast is delicious with lot of options included in price...and the decoration of the room...so I highly recommend it for anyone that want a gorgeous place to stay...

The staff is super friendly and the breakfast is the best I have ever had in any hostel!

Ask the staff for restaurant recommendations and help booking museums . They are super genuine and helpful

Fabulous hostel. Will definitely come back.

The breakfasts here are amazing! The staff are really friendly and helpful, they gave us great advise about where to go in the city and where to eat! The location is really close to the centre and train station so very useful and easy to find. The beds are a little small so if you are very tall this may be a problem and the wifi is in the corridor but the room was great and the bathrooms really clean with great facilities. We were very happy!