Ostello Gallo D'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

Pros: Great location, good wifi (though a bit spotty in the common area), good breakfast, helpful staff, great facilities Cons: A bit hard to find Definitely would recommend! Very nice! Make sure you book early though because they book up quickly.

The staff was EXTREMELY friendly here, and it was our favorite place to stay by far during our Europe trip. They had 24hr reception, handed out maps and went over all the Florence highlights, plus they provided tips on where to eat, so we weren't just eating at the typical touristy places which makes a HUGE difference on the quality of food. I loved our bright orange room with the Tuscan style ceiling. The bathroom was small, but I find that pretty typical of Europe. :)

• 24th Jul 2014

The location is awesome, it's located on the main street that leads to the Duomo and center of Florence. You MUST MUST MUST go to dinner at least once at Tito's down the street from the hostel! My friend and I went every night we stayed in Florence, on the recommendation of someone who worked the reception at the hostel. Also, the breakfast is really nice: fresh cappuccino and sandwiches with fruit and granola. We loved our time here and would absolutely return!

Definetely one of the best hostels, amazing staff and facilities. The place looked more like a BnB rather than a hostel but I didn t mind. The location is good, but there is a still walking involved. I would recommend this place.

Small, intimate hostel not far from the city center. Great breakfast!

Ostello Gallo D'Oro was comfortable and clean. It's around a 10 minute walk from city centre and around 15-20 minute walk to the main train station. The complimentary breakfast was a nice bonus. The staff was friendly and helpful. If I were to be in Florence again, I would stay here again.

We loved the staff here. They were so friendly and helpful. The facilities are also very nice with a beautiful and comfortable terrace, where breakfast is served (a delicious big breakfast). We wished a few times they had coffee for us at not-breakfast time but there is coffee close enough by. The room was a bit less clean than most of the others on our multi-city trip but still very nice and comfortable.

nice staff. fine breakfast! Standard room has no air conditioning but a fan who was covered in dust.

Great place to stay! Friendly staff, clean facilities and in a good location. Would definitely come back to this hostel.

• 17th Jul 2014

Staff is awesome.

the staff was incredible and they made incredible recommendations for local restaurant and tours. The free breakfast was more than just a continential breakfast.

It was a wonderful stay! Beautiful rooms, delicious breakfast, great location and super helpful staff. The only negative was that our shower was blocked, but the general standard of cleanliness was good. I would definitely come back again!

Our stay was short but definitely sweet! Stayed in a private room which was quite and pleasant.

• 13th Jul 2014

Best hostel ever, clean and safe, not far from the churches and galleries, with free wifi and free breakfast. Besides, staff are super hospitable here. it would be better if I didn't stay in a mix dorm, all roomates were guys made me a little embarrassed.

Very friendly staff, and warm and welcoming atmosphere. The location was perfect for seeing the sights. I had trouble finding the hostel from outside (maybe that was just me) but the lady at the desk was very patient and helped me find it. I would definitely recommend this place.

I loved staying here. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The breakfast was delicious! The area the hostel is in is fairly quiet and only a few minutes walk to the centre of Florence. Very good value for money. The breakfast was the best. i have had in a hostel. Sandwiches, muffins, fruit, cereal, juice, espresso coffee.

Great hostel, good location, nice staff.. Wifi only works near computer area. No air conditioning, but besides that would definitely recommend!

• 8th Jul 2014

Best hostel ever!!!!

Great receptionist, great free breakfast, comfortable beds for hostel standard, good location, great value for money! I recommend!

The hostel is beautiful and clean, but breakfast is a little weak. Because I have a large luggage , the stairs are too small for me to carry on.

Dear C. Are you sure you are talking about us?? Breakfast is our highlight!! And the stairs are 2 meters wide. Without mention that there is also the elevator....