Ostello Gallo D'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

Overall a pretty good place to stay. A little pricey for the place, but a nice place with a great breakfast! The staff makes it worthwhile

Our stay at Ostello Gallo D'Oro was great. We booked 3 nights at the hostel and everything was as described. The room we stayed in was clean and the facilities of the hostel in general were great, free Wi-Fi, breakfasts were delicious and the staff were extremely friendly. Talking about staff, special shoutout to Matteo who was our host and who prepared breakfasts every morning. He was very helpful and responsive to all our questions. Great value for money, staff and location.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Bulgaria

I had a very comfortable stay here. I stayed for 3 nights in late April, as a solo traveler, in a 3-bed female dorm. It seemed to be a very quiet time period because for the time I was there only two of us were in the room. The location was a bit far from the major historical sites, which was nice because it was quieter and you got a little bit of a feel for living in a normal residential neighborhood. It's about a 15 min. walk to the duomo and the main historical sites.

Very comfortable hostel, computer with internet available, books to borrow, spacy room and bathroom, very nice staff, delicious breakfast!

The staff when I checked in (Matteo) was great but the guys the next morning were not helpful or understanding.

This was one of my favorite places that I have stayed in my 10 cities I have traveled to. The hostel was in a great location and the workers were all so nice and helpful. From being greeted with someone carrying our bags, to a friendly goodmorning at breakfast the staff really went above and beyond. They were more than happy to show you where to go on a map as well as asked you and listened about your day. The rooms were clean and had a great view! The private bathrooms were also great!!

I had a wonderful stay at Ostello Gallo D'Oro. The facilities were very clean and we had a spacious room. The outdoor terrace was especially relaxing and nice. The breakfast and services were also wonderful, and the staff were helpful and friendly . The only issue was we had poor internet reception in our room, and had to go in the hallway to get internet service. Otherwise, it was a wonderful place to stay and I would recommend to others.

We got a private double room. Was asked to move rooms after our 2nd night stay, which wasn't reflected when we'd made the booking. Nonetheless, friendly staff who give information readily and cheerfully. Breakfast on the terrace (in the B&B side) was lovely too.

When we tried to check in...we couldnt't find it...the address was wrong. It was really 2 doors down. VERY confusing to check in...we nearly missed our reservations at the Accadamie because of thei. That being said...the staff was FABULOUS, Breakfast bar and patio wonderful and our breakfast great! Great location too. Very noisy at night.

Very friendly staff, good enough location (walking distance from the center), nice hostel, safe, good room, everything working. Only thing is that check out is a bit early (10:00 am) but they have room to keep the luggage and reception is open 24/7. Small tip: city tax must be paid cash separately (2eur per person).

Just fantastic !