Ostello Gallo D'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

Very helpful staff, good breakfast spread, and clean facilities. Be cautious of mosquitoes because we got bit a lot at night when we were sleeping.

Mathew and Martina did an excellent job. My girlfriend and I had an excellent stay. I recommend this hostel to others and I would stay there again.

Staff (esp Matteo and Martina) were pretty amazing. Wasn't the most comfortable bed / pillow but I was really happy overall so this didn't bother me. Met some nice people, the breakfast was great. I noticed some reviews didn't like the location... it's a little outside the main area, so it is quiet at night, but you can easily walk into town, or take a bus that stops right outside the hostel if you so desire. I'd definitely stay here again if I came back.

• 10th Jun 2014

The staff is very nice and helpful (especially Matteo and Martina). There is a lovely free breakfast every morning. Good location, clean and safe. Great hostel to meet people and have a good time (BBQ on terrace). Great place to stay in Florence. I would definitely stay here again.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Amazing hostel... Staff was so nice and helpful! Good location and free breakfast every morning. BBQs a bunch of nights of the week on Massimo's terrace. He mans the grill while another guy djs. Nicest guys!!! All in all incredible and so worth the money

Best hostel of my trip. I was in an all-female dorm, so the room and shower were very clean. The staff were lovely and showed an interest in your stay. Everyone I met there was really nice as well. 15 minute walk into the center of Florence, but there is a but as well which is very handy.

Great hostel to meet people and have a good time. It's very clean and the staff is always nice.

The people working here are amazing! Matteo is my bro for life and Martini is a sweetheart (even if she is from Naples). If you can schedule a stay here so you get to attend a terrace party do it!! It was a great way to get to meet other people from the hostel and then we went out as a group and had a great night. You get a mix of solo and group travelers here, as well as a mix of partiers and those who want a quite trip. I can promise you that the breakfast every morning will be amazing!!!

The staff were amazing, so helpful nothing was too much trouble. A special thanks to Martina who was so helpful and friendly. The hostel is in a good situation. It fully deserves its awards.

• 4th Jun 2014

Best place I stayed while on my trip through Italy!

• 31st May 2014

I had a great time there. Thank you very much!

Excellent breakfast! The staff also had terrific recommendations on restaurants and day trips. I would go back to this hostel again if I'm ever back in Florence!

• 30th May 2014

Not the most amazing hostel I've stayed at. It doesn't really feel like a proper hostel, to be honest, but it's very close to the centre, it's clean, free breakfast, etc. So if you're only looking for somewhere to sleep, than this place is a good option. If you're looking to meet people and good atmosphere, than look for something else.

Dear F. thanks for your review! Please allow us to answer you... If you mean that this is not a "Party Hostel" you are probably right. But as you can see on the other reviews, people here meet each other easily, hang out together and have great time. It all depends on the attitude of people... We clearly remember you in the morning coming to the breakfast room and barely say good morning to the staff and to the other guests. That could be a good start to meet people. Don't you think??

Staff were incredible, free breakfast that was actually pretty awesome, and private rooms with balconies. Perfect for Florence!

• 28th May 2014

The staff was so wonderful and made this place feel like home. They were willing to answer any questions. The breakfast was wonderful and the entire place was perfectly clean. It was one of my favorite stays! I would highly recommend it for anyone visiting Florence!

Awesome location and staff!

• 24th May 2014

Stayed in many hostels before but none like this. We had a lovely bedroom and our en suite even had a bath. Complimentary breakfast was delicious, but the staff could not have been more charming and helpful and simply made the experience!

• 18th May 2014

Great staff, pretty good location, and a very clean and inviting property. I would definitely recommend it

• 13th May 2014

Had an awesome 3 night stay in a 4 bed room!

• 11th May 2014