Ostello Gallo D'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

Very kind staff, and helpful! Especially enjoyed the rooftop terrace. Did not know that there was two separate parts to the hostel, and had to wander all over to find where our room was booked.

Was a good hostel to meet people and great prices. The staff is great as well.

this can be the best hostel i've ever lived in"""" amazing people with amazing atmosphere, and I love their breakfast so much, which is really diverse and they also provide dinner including pizza and pasta, which i didn't expect before i came!!! all in all, if i have chance to visit Florence again, I'll definitely live in this hostel again!!! cant forget their mint milk!!!

The best hostel I've stayed in yet. Te staff is friendly. The breakfast is great. They served dinner as well. A great atmosphere with lots of cool people to meet. If your going to Florence stay here.

One of the friendliest, most helpful staffs we've ever met at a hostel. Breakfast was also delicious, especially the coffee! We also really appreciated the free printing service, that made booking tickets much easier.

I really enjoyed the staff here. The hostel wasn't as social as others I've stayed at.

I loved staying here! The staff were all so nice and helpful. They had free food and wine 3-4 evenings a week, and a wonderful breakfast buffet everyday, which included the best gourmet pastries. The bed had a comfortable memory foam mattress. This was the best hostel out of all 5 I stayed at during my 2 weeks in Italy.

We had a private room. It was so incredibly hot in this hostel (Florence is scorching during the summer) and there was no AC. I slept on the tile floor to cool off, while my roommate slept in the bed. She got bedbugs, I didn't.

Very good hostel with helpful staff!

Super friendly and helpful staff, location is quite good allowing to visit main sites on food. Breakfast also quite good, different breads, fruit,...

The location was excellent (5 minute walk to Accademia and 10 minute walk to the river). The free breakfast was really good and the atmosphere of the hotel was also great. The only thing was that the AC didn't work and it was really hot at night and we had to leave the window open even though it was really noisy outside.

Staff members are so nice and helpful !!!

Great hostel, little bit of a walk but loved it.

Very uncomfortable beds and pillows. Staff were nice and offered good advice. Went to a free viewing of the soccer match and had free pasta. A bit of a walk into the main city but it's not terrible at all.

Hello B. Thanks for your review! We appreciate your nice and positive words, even if 63% is considered a low rating. REALLY REALLY sorry for those pillows! Now we understand why some travellers bring their own pillows with them! ;-)

Very helpful staff, good breakfast spread, and clean facilities. Be cautious of mosquitoes because we got bit a lot at night when we were sleeping.

Mathew and Martina did an excellent job. My girlfriend and I had an excellent stay. I recommend this hostel to others and I would stay there again.

Staff (esp Matteo and Martina) were pretty amazing. Wasn't the most comfortable bed / pillow but I was really happy overall so this didn't bother me. Met some nice people, the breakfast was great. I noticed some reviews didn't like the location... it's a little outside the main area, so it is quiet at night, but you can easily walk into town, or take a bus that stops right outside the hostel if you so desire. I'd definitely stay here again if I came back.

• 10th Jun 2014

The staff is very nice and helpful (especially Matteo and Martina). There is a lovely free breakfast every morning. Good location, clean and safe. Great hostel to meet people and have a good time (BBQ on terrace). Great place to stay in Florence. I would definitely stay here again.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Amazing hostel... Staff was so nice and helpful! Good location and free breakfast every morning. BBQs a bunch of nights of the week on Massimo's terrace. He mans the grill while another guy djs. Nicest guys!!! All in all incredible and so worth the money

Best hostel of my trip. I was in an all-female dorm, so the room and shower were very clean. The staff were lovely and showed an interest in your stay. Everyone I met there was really nice as well. 15 minute walk into the center of Florence, but there is a but as well which is very handy.