Ostello Gallo D'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

Great hostel, good location, nice staff.. Wifi only works near computer area. No air conditioning, but besides that would definitely recommend!

• 8th Jul 2014

Best hostel ever!!!!

Great receptionist, great free breakfast, comfortable beds for hostel standard, good location, great value for money! I recommend!

The hostel is beautiful and clean, but breakfast is a little weak. Because I have a large luggage , the stairs are too small for me to carry on.

Dear C. Are you sure you are talking about us?? Breakfast is our highlight!! And the stairs are 2 meters wide. Without mention that there is also the elevator....

These guys go the extra mile to make sure you have an awesome stay. Definitely not the most social hostel I've stayed at, but hey, it's Florence, so what do you expect? The breakfast is insanely good too. Thanks for everything!

Loved staying at this hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful, they were eager to give a city map and offer suggestions. Room was cleaned daily and quite thoroughly. AC worked, no problem. Lockers in the room were secure. They provided the lock with a key and were large enough to accomodate my backpack and all belongings. Breakfast was tasty, offering a variety of foods. Overall, this hostel had a friendly, inviting atmosphere and was a great place to relax with fellow travelers.

We were very happy with the hostel. Everyone one was very friendly annd helpful with suggestions for places to eat and see. The room even had a balcony!

• 3rd Jul 2014

The staff are really friendly and helpful here! It's on a main road which leads to the centre of Florence but it's a bit of a walk. Certainly not too far though. Facilities are good but it was lacking in atmosphere a bit - there was never really anyone in the communal area, but then again, we were there midweek. I'd stay here again though!

The hostel staff here was amazing, as they were super friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was great, lots of selection. It was very homey and had a great atmosphere of people. My experience here was pretty good. I would stay here if you are looking for a nice experience. My only complaint was that it's a little further away from the tourist attractions and the train station, but honestly, Florence isn't that big of a city so it made a small difference of maybe 5-10 min more walking.

Really nice place. Staff is very kind and always willing to help you.

• 1st Jul 2014

Very kind staff, and helpful! Especially enjoyed the rooftop terrace. Did not know that there was two separate parts to the hostel, and had to wander all over to find where our room was booked.

Was a good hostel to meet people and great prices. The staff is great as well.

this can be the best hostel i've ever lived in"""" amazing people with amazing atmosphere, and I love their breakfast so much, which is really diverse and they also provide dinner including pizza and pasta, which i didn't expect before i came!!! all in all, if i have chance to visit Florence again, I'll definitely live in this hostel again!!! cant forget their mint milk!!!

The best hostel I've stayed in yet. Te staff is friendly. The breakfast is great. They served dinner as well. A great atmosphere with lots of cool people to meet. If your going to Florence stay here.

One of the friendliest, most helpful staffs we've ever met at a hostel. Breakfast was also delicious, especially the coffee! We also really appreciated the free printing service, that made booking tickets much easier.

I really enjoyed the staff here. The hostel wasn't as social as others I've stayed at.

I loved staying here! The staff were all so nice and helpful. They had free food and wine 3-4 evenings a week, and a wonderful breakfast buffet everyday, which included the best gourmet pastries. The bed had a comfortable memory foam mattress. This was the best hostel out of all 5 I stayed at during my 2 weeks in Italy.

We had a private room. It was so incredibly hot in this hostel (Florence is scorching during the summer) and there was no AC. I slept on the tile floor to cool off, while my roommate slept in the bed. She got bedbugs, I didn't.

Very good hostel with helpful staff!

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »