Ostello Gallo D'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

The people working here are amazing! Matteo is my bro for life and Martini is a sweetheart (even if she is from Naples). If you can schedule a stay here so you get to attend a terrace party do it!! It was a great way to get to meet other people from the hostel and then we went out as a group and had a great night. You get a mix of solo and group travelers here, as well as a mix of partiers and those who want a quite trip. I can promise you that the breakfast every morning will be amazing!!!

The staff were amazing, so helpful nothing was too much trouble. A special thanks to Martina who was so helpful and friendly. The hostel is in a good situation. It fully deserves its awards.

• 4th Jun 2014

Best place I stayed while on my trip through Italy!

• 31st May 2014

I had a great time there. Thank you very much!

Excellent breakfast! The staff also had terrific recommendations on restaurants and day trips. I would go back to this hostel again if I'm ever back in Florence!

• 30th May 2014

Not the most amazing hostel I've stayed at. It doesn't really feel like a proper hostel, to be honest, but it's very close to the centre, it's clean, free breakfast, etc. So if you're only looking for somewhere to sleep, than this place is a good option. If you're looking to meet people and good atmosphere, than look for something else.

Dear F. thanks for your review! Please allow us to answer you... If you mean that this is not a "Party Hostel" you are probably right. But as you can see on the other reviews, people here meet each other easily, hang out together and have great time. It all depends on the attitude of people... We clearly remember you in the morning coming to the breakfast room and barely say good morning to the staff and to the other guests. That could be a good start to meet people. Don't you think??

Staff were incredible, free breakfast that was actually pretty awesome, and private rooms with balconies. Perfect for Florence!

• 28th May 2014

The staff was so wonderful and made this place feel like home. They were willing to answer any questions. The breakfast was wonderful and the entire place was perfectly clean. It was one of my favorite stays! I would highly recommend it for anyone visiting Florence!

Awesome location and staff!

• 24th May 2014

Stayed in many hostels before but none like this. We had a lovely bedroom and our en suite even had a bath. Complimentary breakfast was delicious, but the staff could not have been more charming and helpful and simply made the experience!

• 18th May 2014

Great staff, pretty good location, and a very clean and inviting property. I would definitely recommend it

• 13th May 2014

Had an awesome 3 night stay in a 4 bed room!

• 11th May 2014

Great breakfast spread!

I really enjoyed my brief stay at Ostello Gallo D'Oro. The staff are very friendly helpful - they provided me with a map with detailed recommendations of things to do. The hostel is about a 15-20 minute walk from the train station, and an even shorter walk to to the river. It is actually located on the same street as the Duomo, so it is quite easy to get to all the main attractions. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone traveling through Florence.

• 7th May 2014

The staff at this hostel were very helpful with recommendations, getting us settled in, and were just friendly in general. The breakfast was very nice, and it even included homebaked treats! This hostel is not a party hostel, nor is it near the best of the nightlife, which was fine for us, but others may find it inconvient in this respect. It is a little expensive, but that is because it is very well run and orderly!

Very neat and clean. The staff were very helpful and took good care! The hostel is a little away from the city centre, which means that it is quiet and calm.

Although I was at the hostel for only few hours, the staff was wondeful and friendly. I arrived so early, tired and weary from the travel and the staff offered me breakfast and coffee. I will return to this hostel again if I were to go to Florence.

I had a lovely stay at this hostel. The staff is very warm and always ready to help & the atmosphere is friendly. I stayed in a female dorm which had its own little balcony, and the room itself was quite generously sized. The beds were comfortable, and the lockers were large enough to accommodate a trolley suitcase and a lot more stuff. The bathroom was decent too, and the room was cleaned everyday. The breakfast was basic but enough to get you by in the morning. I would stay here again!

Especially the staff is super friendly and without no doubt, they try best to provide whatever you need. It's more than a hostel you expect. Thanks for everything guys!!!

• 1st May 2014
  • Turkey

Great location, very nice staff and a wonderful breakfast!