Ostello Gallo D'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

Although I was at the hostel for only few hours, the staff was wondeful and friendly. I arrived so early, tired and weary from the travel and the staff offered me breakfast and coffee. I will return to this hostel again if I were to go to Florence.

I had a lovely stay at this hostel. The staff is very warm and always ready to help & the atmosphere is friendly. I stayed in a female dorm which had its own little balcony, and the room itself was quite generously sized. The beds were comfortable, and the lockers were large enough to accommodate a trolley suitcase and a lot more stuff. The bathroom was decent too, and the room was cleaned everyday. The breakfast was basic but enough to get you by in the morning. I would stay here again!

Especially the staff is super friendly and without no doubt, they try best to provide whatever you need. It's more than a hostel you expect. Thanks for everything guys!!!

• 1st May 2014
  • Turkey

Great location, very nice staff and a wonderful breakfast!

great staff and surroundings, but the distance to the city center was bit far.

My traveling partner and I had so much fun staying here. Atmosphere is fantastic, staff was great and had so many helpful suggestions, location was basically right around the corner from a lot of big places and nightlife is wicked fun. Thank you so much Marco and Matteo you really made our first stay in Italy memorable!! I hope we come back someday...... Only if we stay here.

• 30th Apr 2014

It would be much better if the wifi could extend to the rooms, it was only on one side of the hostel and strongest in the corridor, which made it awkward to call! Otherwise I have no complaints whatsoever, the breakfast is excellent (especially the coffee!)

Overall a pretty good place to stay. A little pricey for the place, but a nice place with a great breakfast! The staff makes it worthwhile

Our stay at Ostello Gallo D'Oro was great. We booked 3 nights at the hostel and everything was as described. The room we stayed in was clean and the facilities of the hostel in general were great, free Wi-Fi, breakfasts were delicious and the staff were extremely friendly. Talking about staff, special shoutout to Matteo who was our host and who prepared breakfasts every morning. He was very helpful and responsive to all our questions. Great value for money, staff and location.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Bulgaria

I had a very comfortable stay here. I stayed for 3 nights in late April, as a solo traveler, in a 3-bed female dorm. It seemed to be a very quiet time period because for the time I was there only two of us were in the room. The location was a bit far from the major historical sites, which was nice because it was quieter and you got a little bit of a feel for living in a normal residential neighborhood. It's about a 15 min. walk to the duomo and the main historical sites.

Very comfortable hostel, computer with internet available, books to borrow, spacy room and bathroom, very nice staff, delicious breakfast!

The staff when I checked in (Matteo) was great but the guys the next morning were not helpful or understanding.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »