Ostello Per La Gioventu' Ancona Reviews

Via Lamaticci N. 7, Ancona, Italy

Worst place iv ever Been. Discusting. Staff we're rude and unhelpful, place was always so unhygienic, having to leave room between 10-3 stupid when it's not clean anyway. Worst place iv ever staid in my life !!!! Would never in a heart beat go back. place smelt so bad and staff we're so old shouldn't be working as they we're soooo unhelpful and rude!!!! Hated it!!! Only good thing was wifi

There was a gross smell in the bathroom. When we opened our window disgusting smells came in from outside but the room was to hot to keep the window closed.

You can open the doors with a finger nail, there's one single ring stove between 24 rooms, there is only plastic cutlery - no bowls. Not even a toaster. Friendly staff. No AC.

Basic hostel but decent for so cheap. It was further away from the port than I was expecting.

It was OK,

• 28th Jun 2014

I have stayed in various hostel and this is the worst ever. There is no luggage storage (literally been asked to put our luggage in the dining hall), toilet has a distinct unpleasant smell, key is heavy as a stone. The only good thing I can think of is its good location. Shame that this is probably the only hostel in Ancona and most budget travellers wouldn't have a choice.

I had a wonderful time at Ostello Dante a and will be staying here again.

• 19th Jun 2014

Curfew after midnight was really bad if you wanted some late night beer for example. This felt a lot like a place where you just stay one night, not too much to se in Ancona. A little small kitchen and also not very clean. Rooms were ok.

We left our bags with the hostel before and after check in and they told us to just throw them in the main sitting area. There was NO security. We thought they would provide lockers or a secure room. The hostel is more for people passing through needing a place to crash, its right across from the train station so the location is great.

Decent hostel nice location

Spent one night waiting for my ferry. Gets the job done. Staff doesn't speak much English and there isn't really a hostel atmosphere but for one night its fine. No lockers in the rooms.

When I arrived, the hostel had no record of the reservation I had made, and the woman working at the time didn't speak any English. Fortunately other guests were able to translate for us and it got sorted out. This hostel is very average. Good for a one or two night stopover. Although the hostel is outdated, I was very impressed by the cleanliness of everything.

• 25th May 2014

The staff was really friendly, the lady who checked me in didn't speak great English but was incredibly nice. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms were nice, plus it is very close to the train station which is nice. Perfect for a quick stopover, but definitely not much atmosphere and in the morning I got locked out when the reception was supposed to be open.

We had a great stay here. The bed we're very comftable and the bathroom we're clean with nice hot showers. They had a great little kitchen with everything you need and the wifi was the best I've ever had in a hostel. It's just round the corner from the main road/train station and a supermarket. We took the train to Rimini for the day while we were here which I would highly recommend too!

Wifi was awesome, good kitchen, quiet, perfect for a night waiting for my ferry.

Nice hostel if you just want to catch a ferry.

I think is the only hostel in town.

Owners of hostel are not investing at all. Kitchen facilities are poor and there is no common room with sofas. Little atmosphere and hostel is not 24hrs. Security is bad as you have to share a room key and no lockers are available. Unfortunately this hostel seems to be the only option in Ancona. Staff don't speak enough English either.

The hostel is closed from midnight and the staff don't give you key for the main door, you have only the room key, which is heavy like a stone and difficult to fit in your pocket. So you have to be back by midnight therefore you really can't enjoy the nightlife in the town. This is really funny because the hostel meant to be a youth hostel... The only good thing, the train station is just about 5 minutes walk. Overall I absolutely not recommend the hostel for young people.