Ostello Per La Gioventu' Ancona Reviews

Via Lamaticci N. 7, Ancona, Italy

It was quite good. The bedding provided is not the best but it is sufficient. The bed was very wobbly and the possibility of it collapsing did occur to me. If I had had to share my room and someone had slept in the bunk below me then if either of us were to move the entire bed would have moved as well. The room smelt a bit but it was bearable. The location is quite good and the lady at reception was very kind in helping me to find a bus into the city centre.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • South Africa

Perfect if you're waiting for a ferry. Can't think of any other reason to be in ancona or that hostel...

I don't know why people have left such poor reviews because my experience was good. The lady at the reception was friendly and welcoming, there is a reasonable kitchen, and my sheets and room were clean. Only thing that wasn't good was lack of lockers. Also wifi only works in kitchen/common room but I've come to expect this with many hostels. You can't have it all. This particular hostel was extremely well priced and a decent place to crash for a night.

Just does the job of staying overnight for the ferry, wouldn't recommend for a vacation spot.