Ostello Per La Gioventu' Ancona Reviews

Via Lamaticci N. 7, Ancona, Italy

It's a nice hostel for a short stay, with friendly staff. Sometimes there's a language barrier but for the most part it's good. Rooms were cozy but very hot, nice big Windows so sometimes there's a breeze but it's very noisy. One key for the room but they have a good system so not a problem. Has a kitchen, the only thing I didn't lie was having to leave the room at 10am for a few hours of cleaning.

Greated with an impatient grumpy owner who was not willing to help us out much at all! Asked if there was breakfast served, he replied by pointing to a vending machine, need I say anymore

this hostels feels very run down and leaves a weird impression, as it's one of the official Italian youth hostel association this doesn't astonish one. I booked it only because it was the only one available in Ancona. Rooms/bathrooms are clean, but kitchen is a nightmare! Very dirty (no one cares !!!), not even plates available (only plastic dishes). Staff doesn't speak English properly and in lobby are hanging around black immigrants the whole day without recognizable reason. Frightening.

Good place to stop in for a day or two. Internet can sometimes switch off, when this happens the modem needs to be reset by turning it on and off. Cooking facilities were adequate to cook good meals, although the floor was bit dirty at times( could be due to traffic in the kitchen so can't really complain). Shower pressure was really good, only bad thing was drying yourself in the open bathroom made the floor very wet and dirty. Maybe bath mats or something of this sort could fix this.

This may well be the only hostel in Ancona, but lets face it there's not much in this town other than the port which is why all the people I met in the hostel were staying there. It's just across the road form the train station where you can also get a free bus (#20) to the ferry ticket office and port. Staff here were nice enough but not great English. PLace isn't very clean but I suppose since most people only stay one night they don't bother too much. I was happy with what I got for my money.

Basic but perfectly fine accommodation in Ancona, 1min from train/bus station. Ancona itself isn't up to much but if you're waiting for a ferry like I was this hostel is a fine place to crash. Clean enough and friendly despite the language barrier with the staff. Atmosphere lacking but its a transitional place. Decent enough kitchen too. Only real downside is lack of lockers to secure your stuff and there being only 1 key for each dorm.

Really close the gare station / supermarket / checkin ferry. There was only one key for all of us and you can't close the toilets and shower ... No hot shower no pressure. The staff was helpfull and friendly ! Wifi only on the kitchen / living room

Close to station and the rooms and facilities are clean. Large common room, get to meet people

The staff helpful,was good at getting through different language barrier

Staff were reasonably helpful, but need better English. It was good to be able to stay downstairs, once I had checked out of my room. There was no pressure to leave, and I was able to cook and eat a late breakfast.

It was quite good. The bedding provided is not the best but it is sufficient. The bed was very wobbly and the possibility of it collapsing did occur to me. If I had had to share my room and someone had slept in the bunk below me then if either of us were to move the entire bed would have moved as well. The room smelt a bit but it was bearable. The location is quite good and the lady at reception was very kind in helping me to find a bus into the city centre.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • South Africa

Perfect if you're waiting for a ferry. Can't think of any other reason to be in ancona or that hostel...

I don't know why people have left such poor reviews because my experience was good. The lady at the reception was friendly and welcoming, there is a reasonable kitchen, and my sheets and room were clean. Only thing that wasn't good was lack of lockers. Also wifi only works in kitchen/common room but I've come to expect this with many hostels. You can't have it all. This particular hostel was extremely well priced and a decent place to crash for a night.

Just does the job of staying overnight for the ferry, wouldn't recommend for a vacation spot.

Worst place iv ever Been. Discusting. Staff we're rude and unhelpful, place was always so unhygienic, having to leave room between 10-3 stupid when it's not clean anyway. Worst place iv ever staid in my life !!!! Would never in a heart beat go back. place smelt so bad and staff we're so old shouldn't be working as they we're soooo unhelpful and rude!!!! Hated it!!! Only good thing was wifi

There was a gross smell in the bathroom. When we opened our window disgusting smells came in from outside but the room was to hot to keep the window closed.

You can open the doors with a finger nail, there's one single ring stove between 24 rooms, there is only plastic cutlery - no bowls. Not even a toaster. Friendly staff. No AC.

Basic hostel but decent for so cheap. It was further away from the port than I was expecting.

It was OK,

• 28th Jun 2014

I have stayed in various hostel and this is the worst ever. There is no luggage storage (literally been asked to put our luggage in the dining hall), toilet has a distinct unpleasant smell, key is heavy as a stone. The only good thing I can think of is its good location. Shame that this is probably the only hostel in Ancona and most budget travellers wouldn't have a choice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7