Ostello Re Alarico Reviews

Vico II G. Marini Serra 10, Cosenza, Italy

I loved this place in the old town of Cosenza. It has lots of charm and character. I stayed in the dorm which was great because there are no other places here that offer dorm style accommodation. Great value for money with breakfast included. The owners are very helpful as I was a little lost and arrived late at night. Definitely stay here.

thanks and see you soon

Great hostel in the heart of Cosenza. The owner is very helpful and friendly, but is away from the hostel quite a lot so it's best to ask him all the info at check-in or during breakfast. There is a huge common room but unfortunately there weren't many people staying when I was there. The hostel building is pretty with high ceilings, the dorm is massive, the included breakfast is ample and the location is close to the main sights and supermarket. Grazie!

Highly recommended. Ideal for those who want to stay in the heart of the old city of Cosenza. Um abraço a todos do Ostello Re Alarico.

• 16th Apr 2015

I feel bad marking this place down as the owner was very helpful but the hostel and the city felt abandoned with almost everything shut up and the heating was not very good.

The hostel isn't as difficult to find as many have commented, you just have to do a little bit of internet research prior to your visit. The kitchen was a bit smelly due to the garbage bins left uncovered, it would have been much better, if they are closed properly, but other than that it's a good hostel.

Very nice hostel, good breakfast, really nice staff, the only thing is that is difficult to find and that it was empty, so for a solo traveller is difficult, but maybe was because of the date.

Free parking is on the street, 50 meters away from hostel. Clean bathroom and room, nice staff.

A very nice place, the only drawback is that it is only reached via a long flight of stairs so if you arrive by vehicle, you cannot park it anywhere near it. The lounge is a sombre place fitted with massive furniture like a castle's. The rooms are spacious, but the cupboards are unfortunately locked, so you cannot pack your stuff away. The breakfast is a huge choice of delicious food, all of which I could not taste because it contained sugar.

Ostello Re Alarico was a wonderful experience while visiting Cosenza. The staff is very very nice and helpful.

A little tricky to find at first (as are most accommodation places in Southern Italy's tiny maze-like towncentres but a gem. Great friendly owner; a kitchen decor to die for; comfty room (we used the 3/4 pax private room); close to the old and new commercial town centre.

Hostel is a renovated 8th century building. We had a perfect stay at this place, loved it.

We had a wonderfull stat.

Very friendly hostel and nice atmosphere. Very friendly staff. It's a little hard to find. There weren't any lockers and no airconditioning. I'd come here again.

Thanks , i hope see you next time

I would stay there again.

• 17th Jun 2012

thanks a lot see you next time ciao achille , claaudia and the baby lorenzo achille

The owner is very hospitable and helpful. We had an excellent time and made good use of the good kitchen in the cellar.

My travel plans changed and I called to cancel the reservation the day before arrival. My confirmation email said nothing about cancelling except to call 'hours before arrival'. They charged me for the night anyway, despite that I was in accordance with the cancellation policy received after booking. Following my dispute of the charges, they updated thier policy online. I was not credited because I called and had no proof of the call. Be careful if there is an uncertainty in your travels.

really nice hostel... i suggest that you should improve the breakfast you offer... that's something which would really turn the things into dream!

Very good hostel. Clean, room very big, shower and toiler clean and nice. Staff very kind , location good. Best hostel in Cosenza. Ottimo ostello, Staff molto cordiale e disponibile, camere pulite, bagni puliti e belli, posizione buona. Indubbiamente il miglior ostello a Cosenza.

very nic3 hostel, a bit hard to find at first but once found u notice its in a very good location, the actual hostel is excellent, comfortable and the staff and very friendly and eager to help, if ever I return to Cosenza this is my stop

We were coming by car and got heavily sidetracked by roadworks and italian roadsigns which made us 3 hours late. Instead of agreed 23.00 we got there at 02.51 and the man recieving us (staff) was very unfriendly about this.

« first « Prev 1 2 3