Ostello Re Alarico Reviews

Vico II G. Marini Serra 10, Cosenza, Italy

A very nice place, the only drawback is that it is only reached via a long flight of stairs so if you arrive by vehicle, you cannot park it anywhere near it. The lounge is a sombre place fitted with massive furniture like a castle's. The rooms are spacious, but the cupboards are unfortunately locked, so you cannot pack your stuff away. The breakfast is a huge choice of delicious food, all of which I could not taste because it contained sugar.

Ostello Re Alarico was a wonderful experience while visiting Cosenza. The staff is very very nice and helpful.

A little tricky to find at first (as are most accommodation places in Southern Italy's tiny maze-like towncentres but a gem. Great friendly owner; a kitchen decor to die for; comfty room (we used the 3/4 pax private room); close to the old and new commercial town centre.

Hostel is a renovated 8th century building. We had a perfect stay at this place, loved it.

We had a wonderfull stat.

Very friendly hostel and nice atmosphere. Very friendly staff. It's a little hard to find. There weren't any lockers and no airconditioning. I'd come here again.

Thanks , i hope see you next time

I would stay there again.

• 17th Jun 2012

thanks a lot see you next time ciao achille , claaudia and the baby lorenzo achille

The owner is very hospitable and helpful. We had an excellent time and made good use of the good kitchen in the cellar.

My travel plans changed and I called to cancel the reservation the day before arrival. My confirmation email said nothing about cancelling except to call 'hours before arrival'. They charged me for the night anyway, despite that I was in accordance with the cancellation policy received after booking. Following my dispute of the charges, they updated thier policy online. I was not credited because I called and had no proof of the call. Be careful if there is an uncertainty in your travels.

really nice hostel... i suggest that you should improve the breakfast you offer... that's something which would really turn the things into dream!

Very good hostel. Clean, room very big, shower and toiler clean and nice. Staff very kind , location good. Best hostel in Cosenza. Ottimo ostello, Staff molto cordiale e disponibile, camere pulite, bagni puliti e belli, posizione buona. Indubbiamente il miglior ostello a Cosenza.

very nic3 hostel, a bit hard to find at first but once found u notice its in a very good location, the actual hostel is excellent, comfortable and the staff and very friendly and eager to help, if ever I return to Cosenza this is my stop

We were coming by car and got heavily sidetracked by roadworks and italian roadsigns which made us 3 hours late. Instead of agreed 23.00 we got there at 02.51 and the man recieving us (staff) was very unfriendly about this.

Arriving in Cosenza by car the hostel was very hard to find. There are signs from the National gallery but if you don't come that way it was impossible. Staff were very nice and the rooms were great. A lot of kitchen facilities available to use and outside garden area. Breakfast was average- one type of cereal and a carrefour croissant. The hostel on the whole was good but unfortunately cosenza doesn't have much to offer, we used this as a stopover between Naples and Sicily.

We really enjoyed out stay! ...finding it isn't that complicated as athers described! Just look for the narrow pathways right from the stated street!

There are not a whole lot of reason to visit Consenza unless you are just trying to get a break from the fast pace of life. This is one of the most beautiful hostels I have ever seen. I was so happy and relaxed here I never wanted to leave. The couple that owns it treat you like you are a cousin visiting. They have a great happy hour and a little park area you can sit in. Its one of the few heaven like hostels in the world. Its worth visiting just for this Hostel. A rare treat.

I have only stayed one night. As it is low season, I am the only one visitor. I like the decoration of the house very much, very lovely. And everything is fine. But I have some difficulties to find the location. I recommend to contact the hostel owner in advance for the location and reservation. But thanks to the owner drive me to the main train station after check out.

Good hostel if you can find it. They need to put directions on how to get there as it is down an old staircase and pretty hard to find. My only option was to get a taxi and I got ripped off 15 euro only to find out it was about 1 km away from the train station! Please ask people for directions and avoid dodgy taxi drivers. A good base to explore the sila mountains, you can get a bus to camigliatello silano for 2 Euro. staff helpful and it was very, very clean. Also I was the only one there.

the only problem was finding it. it's in the old part of town and i was lucky to find a bus driver thaty knew where it was. then i still had to ask someone. but the hostel it's self was very nice and the guy that runs it was very helpful. it's not much of a town though.

Beautiful old town hostel with good character.