Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

So cold hostel. Except that everything was good.

The Wi-Fi is horrible!!! May as well say that there is none. Had to reconnect every time I wanted to use the internet in my phone, and even then it hardly worked and would just disconnect instantly. The reception hours are not that helpful either. Once the reception is closed there is no where you can go to just chill out. Not bad for a night's stay but probably wouldn't suggest any longer.

Cons ; kitchen is available only in summer but you can use microwave and vending machines/ when reception is closed you can not use the lobby (which means you cannot get along with others nor eat something in the lobby at nights), Pros ; near to the grocery store or restaurants/ quiet place/ staffs are nice and willing to help/ there is a lock for each person in room/ room is big

Despite the friendliness of the staff, the reception open timings played a big role (9 - 12 am ; 3 - 8 pm. Check only till 7 pm).

Location was the best thing about this hostel. The map they give you is difficult to understand and I wouldn't of found the hostel if I didn't have my phone. The office hours are difficult as well. They lock everything up during different times of the day which was a problem for one group because their luggage was in the main room but it was locked and they had a flight to catch. Great location though. It's easy to walk to anything and its near a grocery store.

Receptionist was kind enough to wait for us (~1hour), due to train late schedule plus bad weather. For one night stay its very sufficient considering that's in Venice rather difficult to find affordable accommodation.

The hostel was in a really good location in Venice. What I didn't like was that the wifi signal didn't reach my room. Always had to go to the reception to connect. The only other thing I didn't like was the time that reception was open. From 9-12 and 3-8. Other than that, the beds were comfortable. I kinda liked it.

• 27th Dec 2014

It is a really good hostel the place its really comfortable the only problem is that the room was a little bit cold but in general i recommend the hostal.

The location is pretty great, super close to the train station and not far from vaporetti lines that will take you to all the sights you want to see. Staff (Laura) was nice but main common room is closed often, so don't plan on using it much (

It is a good hostel,located right on the island,it is good because you can Just go out at night and you don't have to worry about public transport since you are already right on the island,i hated the lock out period,you have to leave the room at 9:30 am and stay out of the room until 12:30 for the rooms to be cleaned which is annoying. i loved the location but if you can find a hostel close to this one and if they don't have this lock out period i would choose it.

we were travelling 6 people and each of us liked the hostel. There was no problem in arrival. The staff woman is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are quite nice and clean. Had no problem. The common is big and good. Wifi is quite fast. Location is perfect too.

Great hostel! Very clean environment, helpful staff, and a good location. I appreciate that lockers were provided free of charge with the room key, but given the atmosphere I would've felt fine just leaving my stuff lying around. Definitely a great place to stay!

A bit of an odd hostel, but nice nonetheless. Cheap and in a good location compared to the competition.

Easy to locate from train station. Nice setup in rooms with large lockers. Wifi throughout. Staff friendly. Good value for money.

The hostel was well priced, clean and in a good location. The staff were also very helpful and friendly. There were inconsistencies with what the hostel promoted on the website however. We were told when we booked online that the price included all taxes, however upon arrival we were told that we had to pay an extra 2€ per person per night, which we did not expect. The website said that there was a kitchen, however again upon arrival we found out this was only open in the summer.

• 27th Nov 2014

Great hostel near the train station in Venice. Staff was very helpful. Definitely recommend if you're looking for somewhere cheap that has all the basics in Venice.

I just stayed for one night, and I found the place very good, clean, with a very good location (close to the station), with a locked closet for each bed, wich is great to leave your stuff in there during the day with out worrying about their safety. And you can also leave your baggage at the reception after your check out.

Excelent price!! Excellent staff. Strange schedule of reception and you needs to leave the room for clean at 9.30 :-/ but I recomend this place

Nothing terrible that stuck out about this place, just not a great environment. If you want to stay the night in Venice and simply need a place, this is fine, but nothing special. It is a bit confusing to find, but if you closely pay attention to the directions given it will be ok (only thing I would add is that once you get to the statue of Paolo sarpi and cross that bridge, take an immediate left past the bar that's right there, and keep walking even though it looks like it's leading nowhere)

The location, the cleaning and the atmosphere of the hostel were good and they offer a wardrobe with personal keys.But the working hours were limited and the breakfast for 1 euro were really bad. In addition I have discovered myself locked at 6 pm because they werent working yet and they didnt tell you that to unlock the main entrance you have to find a buttom hidden behind the door.Almost lost my flight for it.

dear daniela, thank you for the positive comment. you mean 6am, not pm! the reception hours are clearly written and perfectly respected by staff. written notice remind all guest to tell the reception staff if teu must leave or check out before opening hours, in order to show exactly how to! if you did not ask or informed us, sorry, we cannot be responsable. if we close the main entrance it s for your safety! also the buttom behind the door is huge..... the manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6