Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

Good hostel, helpful staff and great location. The only downside was the Mosquitos... There is no air conditioning so you have to leave windows open and he fan on at night because it is so hot and humid. The Mosquitos are insane and destroy any chance of having a good nights sleep. I know asking for air con to be installed is a bit of a hard ask, but could you at least provide mosquito repellant in the rooms!?? It really does ruin your stay in an otherwise good hostel.

Fantastic location - right near the train station, down a quiet street, on the main island and only a short walk from loads of local (and more affordable) restaurants. We were fortunately upgraded to double so don't know what dorms are like. Showers were inconsistent - sometimes cold. Plus some of them overflowed. Generally clean though. Wifi good although for some reason couldn't stream video well. Generally an excellent hostel though given the cost of alternatives.

Nice hostel, very big, feels a lot like a school which is fine because it is used for university students in term time. Huge kitchen which is good, and lockers/cupboards available for valuables. Toilets and showers were ok. Good location about 10 mins from st lucia and right on canal. Perfect for one night stay.

Very impressed with S. Fosca, it was a really clean hostel, the beds were great, the kitchen was useful and well stocked, and it was in a great location.

WIFI did not or was very uncooperative for everyone.

We ended up staying 3 nights the location was pretty good. Loved that there was a kitchen to use. The set up for the showers was not very thought out. Lots of misquotes and people are extremely loud in the courtyard at night. Would probably stay again

great location. nice staff. but sooo dirty hostel. for example there isn't any soap in the toulets. mosquito are every where.

Great location, good water pressure in the shower. The wifi was terrible, the kitchen was big but not very well equipped and the showers were cold at times. I would say the pros outweigh the cons though.

• 18th Aug 2015

by far the best atmosphere of any hostel I have been to, the people were amazing.

Be warned that you do have to pay extra if you check in after 8 pm! When we arrived they told us that check in was between 2 pm and 11 pm but had no signs or anything that warned us of this...the only way I knew was because of reviews on HostelWorld. It is very difficult to find, you have to cross a lot of bridges and then back track because there isn't a bridge that leads directly there. They advertise a free walking tour but the staff member didn't know anything about it or where to meet.

Ok so this hostel was awesome overall. One downfall was that our sink was clogged with some sort of tissue paper or something (guessing from someone beforehand). And every time we brushed our teeth it would not drain!!! But it's cool you get a sink in your room!! The front desk was amazing. Location was epic, not on top of Main Street but one over! Place has locks on dresser in room. Room door also locks. Halls clean. Rooms clean. Bed linen supplied!!! I was happy with my one night stay. :)

It's a very good hostel. Everything was perfect, except for the bathroom that was always very wet.

Simple but great. The receptionist was very friendly and helped a lot with directions and information. I was surprised to see that there were no bunk beds in the room! Very comfortable and convenient. Besides, the room was just huge as were the lockers! I'd definitely go back to this hostel.

Staff is friendly and so helpful. And they keep everywhere to be clean. But, some stuff is broken such as shower head and a key of an individual locker. My stay was in August, and there is no AC, so I needed the window to open without a window screen. I struggled mosquitos. And I stayed at a double room. The position of two simple single beds was too close like 40cm next.

Really friendly receptionist and pleasant place. Great location as it's near the train station. Some walking to see the big sights but that is the whole point of Venice. Toilets were clean and though I didn't use the wardrobes because I was in a room with only my friends, they do lock.

I had a wonderful stay at your hostel. The staff were so friendly and helped me with all my questions! It was great to have a functional kitchen to use!

Lovely hostel - had a ceiling fan in the room which was essential for the hot nights. However this didn't cover the whole room- so some were left very hot. Good location, Accommodating staff. Quite pricey in comparison with other hostels. Generally good though- the in room lockers ensured security and were really spacious (about 6 ft high, 2ft across, 2ft deep) and location was good- relatively close to train station and it didn't take that long to walk to the opposite side of Venice.

• 6th Aug 2015

Bad points: Bedrooms should lock for security and also aircon in the summer. Really not a great hostel if your staying in the summers. Rooms where so hot and no aircon. In addition the bathrooms were filthy and not enough showers for a whole floor! One of the worst hostels I've stayed at. Plus side easy to find and close to sights also kitchen was good and wifi is free

It's a little bit hard to find, but it was a good place to stay at. It's reasonably priced, clean and spacious. I didn't use the kitchen but it looked pretty big and convenient. Also, the bedroom and bathroom could use more hooks. I appreciated the lockers in the room, but there are no lockers for left luggage. It would be nice if the staff gave a tour of the place upon arrival since it's a big place. I didn't know there was a kitchen until the day I left!

The location was good: not too far from either the railway station nor the sights. Even if it was right next to a busy shopping street, it was very tranquil with its gardens and many small yards. Cleanliness and the state of the facilities were a definitive minus: In my dorm room the floors were consantly sticky and a lot of the equipment were broken or malfunctioning. That being said, the wifi didn't work. All in all: Good location, peaceful, average hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6