Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

It is extremely hard to find this hostel, so make sure to look up detailed instructions before arriving. The staff was friendly and our room was great, but there was only one shower for our entire hall. That part was terrible. People in our hall also flooded the bathroom. Great location though.

The hostel is run by really friendly staff and the insides are modern and attractive. There's loads of seating outside and a good kitchen. Location is good however the entrance was slightly confusing due to signs all saying different things, and none actually saying the name. Huge lockers and lovely rooms. Showers however; shocking. The coldest shower I've ever had in my life with doors completely see through. But generally an decent stay

The location was perfect for a short stay in Venice! Everything was close and the place was easy to reach from the train & bus stations. The biggest minus was the time limit of coming back to hostel around midnight. So it wasn't possible to stay longer in the city.. The staff was really nice and helpful, though the rooms were quite basic and super hot without air condition. Also the kitchen was quite poorly equipped and dirty. In terms of the price range in Venice the price of the room was ok.

Lots of Mosquitos. Be ready! Great facilities, easy to get to be a lot of bridges, looks close but it was a 20-30 min walk from the station for me (with luggage). People were nice. Beds and shower was great. Lockers were huge.

The place was a bit hard to find, but everything was really nice. Would definitely come again.

Nice hostel. No air conditioning and no screens on the windows. We both got countless bug bites during our stay. Great location after you find it for the first time, google maps put us on the wrong side of the canal, but easy to get most places!

After a month long trip through Europe, this was by far the WORST place I stayed. Although the website advertises laundry facilities, there are none, and none nearby either. The private double room I booked was two tiny dorm beds shoved together, no air conditioning, no fan available, windows large enough for a person to climb through and connected to a walkway, so privacy was impossible. The shower flooded completely after ten minutes. When all of this was mentioned to staff, they didn't care.

• 18th Jul 2014

A good hostel with big rooms and nice kitchen, but it is a bit expensive compared to what it offers.

There are very few hostels on the canals, so I am trying not to be picky, but this hostel left a lot to be desired. It was nice because it had a kitchen you could use and a large courtyard to hang out in, but it also had a curfew of 12:30. The worst was that the bathrooms didn't have toilet paper for a whole day, and when we mentioned it they said the cleaning staff would stock it the next day but didn't give us any in the meantime! It was cool to stay on the canal but maybe try a different one.

Good experience overall. My closet did not lock and so the front desk offered me a security cube in the lobby for free. I thought that was good service. Wifi only works in the lobby

It seems as though this hostel also functions as university dorms, large rooms that aren't cramped with beds but have cupboards and desks too. I was lucky to get put in a 3 bed even though I had booked in a bigger dorm and heard a few other people say that also. The staff are friendly and helpful, the accommodation is good, bathroom is basic, a little smelly, kitchen is big but basic with not many utensils or plates. I enjoyed my stay here and met other travellers easily in the courtyard :)

The shower doors where oy frosted glass which was fine except that you could see into the showers perfectly but from the inside you couldn't see out so looked like they were put on backwards. The cupboards in the rooms didn't look despite being given a key. Facilities were very Good however, and the wifi was brilliant and the staff very friendly and helpful. Location was good and the rooms were spacious.

For the most part the staff is really friendly and approachable and willing to answer any questions that you might have. There were just a few things that I think are important to note about this place. First, is that it's quite difficult to find this hostel and that might be because the Venice doesn't understand the concept of addresses. Second, and probably the most important is that there is a set curfew. You need to be back by 12:30AM if you aren't they will not open the doors for you at all

Okay hostel in a quiet part of Venice, yet still quite central. Room was big, no bunk beds so that was nice too. Not much atmosphere though. It's a big hostel that also hosts big groups of school kids.

Seemed more like a hotel than a hostel, as there didn't seem to be a common area for people to hang out. But all together, a wonderful location with (local kids playing on their bikes in the evening when the walkways were not as crowded.

dear sharon, thank you for the positive scores. please let us underline we have many common areas for people to hang out: common room with television sofas chairs tables and computer, huge courtyard where you can have dinner lunch and breakfast, garden area.... the manager

The toilet inside the dorm wasn't working. Everything else was ok.

Facilities were a bit in disrepair. Broken toilet, door handles falling off etc.. Also not the cleanest, which led to bugs. A lot of little things could be done to make the hostel a little nicer.

The best staff in the world. The breakfast is excellent :)

Nice and quiet. But they close The doors 12.30

The hostel campus is large, spacious, and tranquil, tucked away along a canal just off of one of the main streets near the train station. The bathroom facilities functioned well and were ample and clean, my roommates were always interesting and easy to talk to, and there's a kitchen, refrigerators, and clotheslines available for guest use. No pesky insects (at least not that I encountered), and ceiling fans in the bedrooms (in the yellow dorms). I would love to stay here again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5