Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

This hostel is only good if you are looking for a bed and that's it. The common room closes so early we never could use it and the reception (as advertised) is not always open and has terrible hours. There is no towels available which was misleading from the website. The location is fairly good as its near to everything (train station, san marcos square etc.) As we were there during carnival it was enough for what we needed.

• 3rd Feb 2016

Dear guest, as you saw, we are now building a new common area WITH KITCHEN which will be available 24 hours for all guests! So the problem you underline will be soon solved in order to offer a better service to our clients! thank you for the positive comment reguarding our position; we are in the very heart of venice, few steps away from the train station and Rialto Bridge the manager

The facilities are very poor. Our beds were separated and the mattress wasn't good. The room was dirty and was not even cleaned while we were there. There was a noise because there was a restoration in the building.

dear guest, you have reserved a twin private room with private bathroom, so this means we offer 2 separate beds, as written. For private rooms, as written we offer daily cleanning service only on request. You just needed to ask. Also, yes we are making great Changing in out hostel.. new 24 hour common room with big kitchen avaialbe all day for all guest coming soon... the manager

The heater only worked in certain periods of the day and really badly so the room was always cold, specially at night.

• 9th Jan 2016

There is very limited signage to reach the hostel, in fact there is no sign outside the hostel other than the word "hostel".

It was pretty difficult to get there. We had only one bathroom and shower for 8 people. The shower made the whole bathroom wet when used. The reception hours were just awful and unhelpful. Wouldn't recommend.

The room and bathroom floor was dirty, lumpy old pillow and child sized bunks so it wasn't possible to sit on the lower bunk only lie down. There was no wifi except outside in the cold near another building that was locked and the common room was only open between 2-8. Also the door to the room didn't automatically lock so when people left it open the room was open to the street. Poor lighting on the path to the room also made the area feel unsafe!

dear guest, you have been our guest in a room with 7 beds, and in very rainy days. We are not looking for excuses, just explaning to all readers. We have been cleannig the room's floor 3 times that day, but we believe you understand that the conditions to keep it perfectly clean were impossibile. As you saw, we are making great changes in the hostel; new common room with TV, wifi and kitchen open all day comming soon... many technichinas at work, taking advantage of low season! that's probably the reason why the wifi didn't work properly in the rooms. very sorry. We give to all guests the keys of the room, if your roomates did not lock before leaving, honestly we cannot be responsable. the manager

The staff were great... when they were there. The reception opens too late and there is no one to help you with the lugagge. Even thou they advise you itis really annoying. And one of the rooms was really cold, we need two extra douvet but it was not comfortable.

• 7th Jan 2016

dear guest, thank you for the positive comment reguarding our staff. As clearly written we are not a 24 hours reception; all guests should consider this aspect before making the reservation. not only foucus the very affordable price! it's all strictly connected. So, honestly we cannot consider this a negative aspect. Also, in all rooms the telephone number of the staff is at disposal for Emergency. We offer free lugagge deposit after check out, and we give indications reguarding this service on arrival. the manager

Quite convenient. Bear in mind the reception only open in certain period. The room is very cold.

Below exception. You cross 5 Bridges from the bus station(wasn't clear in description). Considering that venice bridges are really hard to cross with lauggage. And boats doesnt solve this.heating facilities are not working well.poor service.poor landmarks.it took10 min to know where the hostel entrance is! Reception is 8h/day!.after that it is locked! So beware if you came earlier than checkin time you Will be left out. Didn't feel safe nor secure.

One of the best thing that I liked about this hostel is that they have single beds and not bunk beds. The staff members were amazing and so helpful. I remember Carlo helping me a lot during my stay. One suggestion, you might work a little on the room heating part. Thank you guys

I realize that it's the off season but the staff was near absent. Watch out for the absolutely ridiculous "late check in fee" it's hidden in the small print. If you check in outside of between 1pm-8pm (during the off season) they will charge you 15€ (the same cost as a nights accommodation for this. Aside from that the hostel is nice enough and I think would be very pleasant during the peak season. The location is poor but it's a 10 minute walk to a vaporetto and then you can go anywhere.

dear guest, as written our reception is open from 1pm until 8pm. Late arrival can be arranged with extra cost until 11pm. you arrived at 1120pm and our staff was were waiting for you. We cannot be responsabile if you did not read carefully before booking. For this reason we don't accept your comment. We are not a 24 hour reception, and we do give all details regarding this aspect the manager

If you are booking on this hostel, please keep in mind that their check in time is whenever they want to and not when you schedule it. I was supposed to check in at 9am but there was no one in the reception until 1pm and check in time was 2pm. Localization is good,is pretty close to everything.

They say the reception is opened from 13 to 20pm, but when I needed them they were already closed by 6pm. I almost wasn't able to get my luggage from the deposit, but luckly another guest was kind enough to open the door for me. This luggage deposit is just a room, with no security or lockers. They also said the main gate was closed during the night for security reasons, but not once did I see that happen. There was some construction going on, so the noise in my room was very loud.

During our stay the Internet did not work and the heaters in our room stopped working. The kitchen pictured is not actually available for guests which is misleading and the coffee making facilities aren't available before 1pm. I also got a rash from the bedding, staff were helpful when I requested fresh sheets though.

dear steph, please note the internet did not work because the telephone company had problems. we honestly did all we could have done. the kitchen, as wirtten is available only in summer time. and yes we offer free coffee and the to all guests during the reception hours ( 1pm 8pm) we would like to underline we are building a new kitchen and common room open all year long for all guests! the manager

Absolutely love this place. Worth every single pence! The only downside is you gotta share the room with random tourist but hey, you got what you pay for. Oh, finding the location may be a lil bit hard at the first place but if you have google maps it wont be a problem. Staffs are proper friendly. Wifi is alright for italy where most free wifi is unbelievably slow. Room amd shower was clean enough. Both air and water heater is working fine. Essential during winter since Venice is cold and humid.

• 14th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I stayed for 3 days in December of 2015. Pro's: great location for the price Con's: I don't think it's the cleanest place, no comforter covers. I watched as the cleaning lady cleaned beds next to me and all she did was take the covers off the bed and the pillow and then she proceeded to fold the comforter and not take it to be cleaned. Maybe she came back later to wash the comforter but I don't understand why she would fold it then. Bad wi-fi. No atmosphere. Probably wouldn't go there again.

• 4th Dec 2015

The hostel itself is lovely and the location in general is very good if a bit tricky to find at first if one doesn't pay close attention. I have no complaints whatsoever about the facilities, but i found that one of the most attractive parts of staying in a hostel -the social side of the stay, mingling with other travelers in the common spaces- was missing here since the reception and the common living room were in the same place, and when the reception closed so did the common room.

• 1st Dec 2015
  • Spain

Great hostel, very clean, nice shower and the best localization! Not so much vibe, but excellent to take some rest after walking trough venice. Big locker

Would not recommend staying here. Very weird atmosphere absolutely bad wifi my iPad and iPod never connected to it and my phone connected once? The room was pretty cold.

dear guest, what does "weird atmosphere" mean? please help us to understand this comment. we are not a party hostel if this is what you mean, our guests are normally out all day visiting the beautiful city we give hospitality in for very cheap price! our staff is here to help to connet with personal devices, you just need to ask. the manager

Decent place, good location that is close to Main Street. Nothing fancy, but clean and nice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3