Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

Would not recommend staying here. Very weird atmosphere absolutely bad wifi my iPad and iPod never connected to it and my phone connected once? The room was pretty cold.

Decent place, good location that is close to Main Street. Nothing fancy, but clean and nice.

I had a good stay here but some things were quite inconvenient. 1. There were no soaps or anything in the bathroom 2. They turn off the heaters, even in the bathrooms at night. As I was travelling late November, I almost froze after I had a shower early in the morning. 3. The toilet seat was broken and it was uncomfortable. Everyone kept dropping it and it was noisy 4. Check in closes during 3 to 5. Couldnt even leave my luggage there.

• 17th Nov 2015

The hostel was ok. I ended up getting horrible bug bites and there was an older lady that stayed in our room who was a damper on the socializing of the hostle experience. The lady was very rude and was telling us to shut up at 7:30 so ahe could make a phone call. The hostle staff were very friendly. The fact that you had to be out of the room from 9-12 wasn't the greatest either. It's one of those you get what you pay for so don't expect much.

• 9th Nov 2015

Overall, it's not too bad! A little TLC would have made this review a lot higher though. Replacing mouldy shower curtains isn't going to be that expensive, and in my room it was impossible to shower without flooding the entire bathroom. Bedrooms are really cold. Alarm went off at 2am for a good five minutes for no apparent reason. But on the plus, bed is comfy, had my own light and plug, a bathroom to ourselves is a plus, and I liked the area and the "atiquey-ness" of the complex.

Only stayed for one night. Staff was nice and but our stay was only average. It is pretty far from the sights of Venice, but an affordable option that is still on the main island.

- The bathroom was dirty; - The staff gave us the information about the time that reception closes, but didn't tell us that was impossible we use the microwave and get our bags in the hostel between 12:00 until 3:00 pm, in other words, we almost missed our next travel cause we left our bags in the hostel and couldn't get our bags. We had lucky cause we decided to eat something in the hostel and fortunately we arrived in the hostel at 11:55 am. and we become aware of this rule.

City tax was not included, although it said "all taxes included". Reception times are very poor (from 9am-12am and from 15pm-21pm. No lights on top beds and very dirty bathroom (room 30). I stayed there a few years ago and the room was very nice. Maybe renovations would help.

• 24th Oct 2015
  • Austria

dear madame, the local tourist tax is not included in the price, as written in out page and in your reservation. We gave you all the details to confirm this information, printing emails and confirmations. We believe you should have understood. thank you the manager

Great location and friendly staff. Being a university residence the mood isn't the "party" one there and everyone goes to sleep early but if you looking for a quiet place is perfect

The only good thing about this hostel was that it was fairly clean and had nice garden area. The location was sketchy and hard to find since it was far away from everything. I felt unsafe walking in their empty alley (it was only evening time). The staff at that time had no clue what they were doing or how much I owed them. They also didn't answer the phone after trying to call them numerous times. On top of all that, the hostel was overpriced for what it offered. I wouldn't stay here again!

Hostel was extremely quiet. There isn't a bar, the staff was fine, but be careful they have odd check out times. They close from 12-3 so if you leave your things in the lobby, you won't be able to get them during these times. I stayed 1 night, it's in the quieter part of Venice, but it is still beautiful! I think it would be hard to meet people here, but it isn't horrible, just not great. If you are with a friend sure, but definitely not a place to meet people.

I'm not sure if this is in your info or if I just didn't realize it beforehand, but it should be more clear that the Hostel reception is closed during lunch hours

Very convenient location. Helpful staff. Bathrooms could have been cleaner!

The location is amazing. It's more just a place to sleep in the city. If you're looking for atmosphere don't stay here.

Staff is very friendly & helpful. Not much of a social atmosphere and our wifi and bathroom hand dryer didn't work. However, overall it was a great hostel and I would stay there again!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Very clean and well kept. The staff was friendly. Location was fantastic. I'll be sure to come back!

I stayed in the female 6 bed dorm. The room is not clean enough. The blanket stinks. The bathroom stinks. It might be because the toilet is too high, when people urinate, the urine splashes everywhere. There should be a curtain or a shower box to avoid floodimg in the bathroom. The plugs are not enough for every guest in the room. The staff on the day we arrived was friendly but did not know much about venice. Maybe she was a trainee. The location is not good. Quite hard to find when we arrived.

I enjoyed my stay. The quality is great given the price. The location is great! The lady at the reception desk was extremely nice. There is a good free wifi, city map and a luggage storage. I slept in a 6 female dorm. It was clean and there was a lot of space. It was clean, the facilities (e.g sheets, a locker) were nice. The only problem I had was that two girls decided to use the handicapped shower (in WC) instead of normal one so there was water eveywhere... and no way to clean it

Our stay here was very disappointing considering previous reviews were the key reason we chose to stay here. The night that we stayed at the hostel there was a party happening until approx 2am in the morning which meant we got very little sleep. At one point we went to Reception to enquire about the wifi as it wasn't working in our room and the staff at reception didn't allow us to speak, merely stating that they didn't have time to deal with us. So noise and wifi, I wouldn't stay here again.

i think this hostel is better than other hostels it's cheaper than other hostels the staff are also kind

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6