Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

I stayed in the female 6 bed dorm. The room is not clean enough. The blanket stinks. The bathroom stinks. It might be because the toilet is too high, when people urinate, the urine splashes everywhere. There should be a curtain or a shower box to avoid floodimg in the bathroom. The plugs are not enough for every guest in the room. The staff on the day we arrived was friendly but did not know much about venice. Maybe she was a trainee. The location is not good. Quite hard to find when we arrived.

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Thailand

Our stay here was very disappointing considering previous reviews were the key reason we chose to stay here. The night that we stayed at the hostel there was a party happening until approx 2am in the morning which meant we got very little sleep. At one point we went to Reception to enquire about the wifi as it wasn't working in our room and the staff at reception didn't allow us to speak, merely stating that they didn't have time to deal with us. So noise and wifi, I wouldn't stay here again.

i think this hostel is better than other hostels it's cheaper than other hostels the staff are also kind

The room was clean and the young man at reception was efficient and polite. The facility if bare bones. A healthy breakfast would have been appreciated. Fruit, yogurt, cheese, cereal and good coffee would have been wonderful. Instant coffee does not make the grade.

• 19th Sep 2015

Excellent location, clean. I bit pricey but I presume everything in Venice is. Not really any atmosphere. It was the cheapest hostel I could find in Venice and it was fine. Nothing special but as I said, great location and clean so can't complain too much!

Good place to stay! Wifi does not work...

Ostello Santa Fosca has a guest house feel, more than a hostel. My room had single beds instead of bunks which was great (4 bed mixed dorm). Good location and the facilities were enough for what you need but not outstanding (be prepared for slow Wifi). I'd recommend this place over others I've stayed at in Venice. It's expensive for what you get compared to other places in Europe but it's hard in Venice to get something good but reasonably priced as all accommodation is quite expensive.

The staff was exceptionally helpful, and the hostel was overall very clean. Unfortunately, Venice is expensive, and we paid a pretty penny for the two nights that we spent there. Nonetheless, the room was nice, and we had a comfortable stay.

Just missing some basics when we arrived, like toilet roll in either of the bathrooms and the sinks lacked plug holes so we struggled to hand wash our clothes. Also the bathroom is shut for four hours in the day for cleaning, which again is frustrating. Other than that it wasn't bad overall.

Great location, very close to Santa Lucia Stazione. The room is quiet and clean. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately no breakfast during the time I visit. Overall, will recommend for people who would like to stay in venezia.

This is a great, clean, relaxing and safe hostel in a great location. I stayed in a single room on the 4th floor that overlooked a beautiful court yard! The hostel is also where students studying at the University live during the semester, they are all very friendly!! The staff were very helpful and gave me some great advice on places to go and see! The rooms were clean, and I had a fan to use during the night when it was hot!! There is also a nice courtyard to sit and relax!!

Good hostel, helpful staff and great location. The only downside was the Mosquitos... There is no air conditioning so you have to leave windows open and he fan on at night because it is so hot and humid. The Mosquitos are insane and destroy any chance of having a good nights sleep. I know asking for air con to be installed is a bit of a hard ask, but could you at least provide mosquito repellant in the rooms!?? It really does ruin your stay in an otherwise good hostel.

It was alright, expensive but that's venice for you. Pretty big and had quite a few groups, not the best for solo travelers but I made it work. Might stay again, wouldn't be opposed to trying somewhere new as well

Fantastic location - right near the train station, down a quiet street, on the main island and only a short walk from loads of local (and more affordable) restaurants. We were fortunately upgraded to double so don't know what dorms are like. Showers were inconsistent - sometimes cold. Plus some of them overflowed. Generally clean though. Wifi good although for some reason couldn't stream video well. Generally an excellent hostel though given the cost of alternatives.

Great location, facilities were ok but the atmosphere wasn't great. Definitely recommend if you just want to get your head down in Vienna!

Nice hostel, very big, feels a lot like a school which is fine because it is used for university students in term time. Huge kitchen which is good, and lockers/cupboards available for valuables. Toilets and showers were ok. Good location about 10 mins from st lucia and right on canal. Perfect for one night stay.

Very impressed with S. Fosca, it was a really clean hostel, the beds were great, the kitchen was useful and well stocked, and it was in a great location.

WIFI did not or was very uncooperative for everyone.

We ended up staying 3 nights the location was pretty good. Loved that there was a kitchen to use. The set up for the showers was not very thought out. Lots of misquotes and people are extremely loud in the courtyard at night. Would probably stay again

great location. nice staff. but sooo dirty hostel. for example there isn't any soap in the toulets. mosquito are every where.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6