Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

It is a good hostel,located right on the island,it is good because you can Just go out at night and you don't have to worry about public transport since you are already right on the island,i hated the lock out period,you have to leave the room at 9:30 am and stay out of the room until 12:30 for the rooms to be cleaned which is annoying. i loved the location but if you can find a hostel close to this one and if they don't have this lock out period i would choose it.

we were travelling 6 people and each of us liked the hostel. There was no problem in arrival. The staff woman is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are quite nice and clean. Had no problem. The common is big and good. Wifi is quite fast. Location is perfect too.

Great hostel! Very clean environment, helpful staff, and a good location. I appreciate that lockers were provided free of charge with the room key, but given the atmosphere I would've felt fine just leaving my stuff lying around. Definitely a great place to stay!

Easy to locate from train station. Nice setup in rooms with large lockers. Wifi throughout. Staff friendly. Good value for money.

The hostel was well priced, clean and in a good location. The staff were also very helpful and friendly. There were inconsistencies with what the hostel promoted on the website however. We were told when we booked online that the price included all taxes, however upon arrival we were told that we had to pay an extra 2€ per person per night, which we did not expect. The website said that there was a kitchen, however again upon arrival we found out this was only open in the summer.

• 27th Nov 2014

Great hostel near the train station in Venice. Staff was very helpful. Definitely recommend if you're looking for somewhere cheap that has all the basics in Venice.

I just stayed for one night, and I found the place very good, clean, with a very good location (close to the station), with a locked closet for each bed, wich is great to leave your stuff in there during the day with out worrying about their safety. And you can also leave your baggage at the reception after your check out.

Excelent price!! Excellent staff. Strange schedule of reception and you needs to leave the room for clean at 9.30 :-/ but I recomend this place

Nothing terrible that stuck out about this place, just not a great environment. If you want to stay the night in Venice and simply need a place, this is fine, but nothing special. It is a bit confusing to find, but if you closely pay attention to the directions given it will be ok (only thing I would add is that once you get to the statue of Paolo sarpi and cross that bridge, take an immediate left past the bar that's right there, and keep walking even though it looks like it's leading nowhere)

The location, the cleaning and the atmosphere of the hostel were good and they offer a wardrobe with personal keys.But the working hours were limited and the breakfast for 1 euro were really bad. In addition I have discovered myself locked at 6 pm because they werent working yet and they didnt tell you that to unlock the main entrance you have to find a buttom hidden behind the door.Almost lost my flight for it.

• 6th Nov 2014

dear daniela, thank you for the positive comment. you mean 6am, not pm! the reception hours are clearly written and perfectly respected by staff. written notice remind all guest to tell the reception staff if teu must leave or check out before opening hours, in order to show exactly how to! if you did not ask or informed us, sorry, we cannot be responsable. if we close the main entrance it s for your safety! also the buttom behind the door is huge..... the manager

This hostel is in a great location and can walk to all major tourist sights in Venice Helpful staff and a really good price

This hostel is beautiful and is a close walk to the rest of Venezia's attractions, the staff is friendly, and the lockers and rooms are secure. I thoroughly enjoyed our time at this hostel with two exceptions: the wifi kicks you off every thirty minutes, and they did not have enough towels on hand to allow my friend and I to take showers. Overall, I am pleased with our stay, but there is a little room for improvement.

• 1st Nov 2014

The opening hours are very inflexible especially for a hostel. The lockers are a great size and very secure as are the rooms. The location is ideal and easy to find from the train station. Grab yourself a map as the map provided is very basic with limited detail and given the rabbit warren that Venice is you need a detailed map. As nice as it is to lose yourself you also need to find your way out.

• 27th Oct 2014

Not a bad hostel. I was concerned about the lockout but it forced me to wake up early and get more out of my day in Venice! Lady at the check in was nice. Bathrooms were a bit smelly but could be because of the age of the building. Met some great people here but only because of the dorm I stayed in. Comfortable beds!

Hated the early morning lockout and you have to relogin to wifi every 30 mins. Very very hard to find. Basically walk out of the train station and take a left. Follow the main road (15 mins) You will cross a small brown bridge and after will be a square with a statue. Take a left and cross the first bridge and immediately another left. Its average, but seems like they don't care about being a hostel because of the hours, policies, and lack of atmosphere. Also the breakfast is bad. Don't bother.

dear angela, we don't care about being a hostel? we offer cheap and clean accomodation in the very center of one of the most expensive city of the world, and the service we offer is clearly wirtten so everybody can read it and decide to reserve or not. if you had problems find us, this does not mean we are hard to find;it means you got lost, even if reading the indications we gave you. Venice can be confusing the first time. the manager

Average hostel. Okay location for a cheaper option hostel. Pillows were the worst. Also wifi was pretty much non existent and the staff didn't seem to care or want to help. Big lockers in dorms is a positive!

This hostel was very hard to find. Had to ask for directions from a number of stores and restaurants, but barely anyone knew of the place. Towels are not provided, but can be rented for 2€. Unfortunately, reception closes around 8PM, so if you haven't gotten a towel by then you are out of luck. No handsoap in the bathroom. A bit chilly and a few mosquitos. Overall it was an okay stay, but I probably won't repeat the visit.

this hostel wasn't designed as a hostel(the room I stayed feels like used to be a nursing room), and the wifi is not working. everything is wired with lots of rules...but the people who stayed there that I met are awesome!

Not bad.Cheap,the staff is kind,linen is so clean.

This Hostel was fantastic! It was a little bit more than some other options out there for Venice but it was definitely worth having a location right on the island. They have everything you need in a hostel figured out for the most part. You're provided with a locked cabinet/closet, a key to get in the gate after the desk closes, and they have breakfast for a Euro in the morning. There is plenty to do around the hostel and its an easy walk to both the train station and Piazza San Marco.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7