Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Veneto, Italy

The location is very good and the shared rooms include a bathroom. Reception is not open 24 hours.

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Peru

Hostel staff were very kind and helpful. Rooms and bathroom were both clean, and cleaned daily. They let us leave our luggage after checkout at the reception - only downside to this is that reception is closed and locked between 12 (noon) and 3pm so we had to rush back in order to get our things without having to wait until it reopened at 3pm. The location is very central to the main road in Venice which is full of shops and restaurants. Follow the directions they send, google maps was incorrect

Very nice place, location is great, it was easy to find, walking distance to all main destinations, there is Billa supermarket very close. You have to keep in mind working hours of the reception. If you leave your luggage there it will be not possible to pick it up when reception is closed (12:00-15:00). Otherwise, they give you a key to your building and you can come/leave any time including late night. Easy to get to/from the airport using water bus Orange line, get off at the stop Guglie.

This hostel was great! There's really nice courtyard with grass to relax in the sun, staff was friendly (the owner is so sweet). The location is great, it's pretty close to the station and isn't far from a busier street but it's tucked back in a quieter section. Feels very safe and for venice it's really great price! I'll definitely go back! (The only problem I had was with the wifi not being great but there's a mcdonalds not far that has free wifi along with a few other places nearby)

good organization, calm and communal parts clean, good adress to stay in Venice

Difficult to find, you might want to add more instructions on how to get there.

Unfortunately no kitchen available, WIFI connection varied depending on which room you were in, no lockers inside the rooms was a concern at first but had no issues during our stay. Overall we had a very pleasant stay.

The stay here was awful. The only thing good about this hostel was that it was on mainland Venice, not a further away Island... There were bugs, big ones, centipedes to be exact. the WiFi was terrible, which isn't a necessity but you shouldn't claim you have WiFi throughout the building if you don't.. also the cleaners stole my bloody shampoo. I don't know why they can't buy their own. I would not stay in this hostel again if I was getting paid to. the staff was also very disrespectful.

Good quiet place if you need a place to sleep-n-rest. Rooms are cleaned daily. Staff is very helpful. Microvawe in a hall (which you can use from 9:00-12:00, 15:00-20:00) and supermarket close by is a BIG plus for budget traveller. Breakfast for 1 euro includes juice and croissant. Free tea and coffee till 11:00. And the obvious value is its location - it is 15 minutes afoot to the railway and bus terminal with only couple of bridges on a way - you will know what I mean with a BIG HEAVY BAG.. ;)

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Ukraine

If you want to stay in the heart of Venice and avoid transport costs this is a good hostel. You will be compromising on things like atmosphere and service though. The office hours are very short, my husband and I were put in different rooms and everyone is kicked out of the common area around eight. The wifi is terrible. The rooms are large with clean bathrooms but you arent getting much for your money.

Nice staff, good location, however not the safest in terms of locking up luggage. Luckily none of my belongings were stolen or missing, however could have had lockers to feel safer.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Perfect location, extremely clean.

Stuff was great, excellent to visit Venice by foot.

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Portugal

Located next to a student dorm in Venice (which is a VERY expensive city) and five minutes' walk from a street filled with restaurants and convenience stores, so you'll never have to worry about shortage of food; I went during carnival season so the prices were greater than usual; there wasn't much of an atmosphere since the environment here was quiet in general; go during low season!

Nice hostel and helpful and friendly staff. I definitely recommend it!

Reception time is pretty narrow: from 9 AM to 8 PM. Besides that, everything was ok: good location (not far from the centre nor the train station); nice, warm rooms (which was great, as we got there dripping from the rain and it's really easy to get wet in Venice) and bathroom. There's a nice common area and wi.fi all over the hostel.

wish we could have access to the kitchen.. but we knew we wouldn't when we booked.. could have lockers in rooms.. great location.. not far from the train or any of the main attractions. overall.. good hostel

Great location, near to train station. Good price. Great value.

it was okay the wifi was continually dropping out which was very frustrating when i was trying to plan other parts of my trip. the room was okay, no lockers in the room which is annoying but considering the few choices available it is pretty okay. no kitchen it is also annoying

This place was ok. The old church campus makes it really unique and cool. But the horrible desk hours, basically nonexistent internet, and no kitchen makes it not worth the money at all. I booked this place cause I needed internet to buy a plane ticket and ended up paying €20 more because it took 3 hopeless tries on their computer and I finally had to go to an internet café.

dear andrew we are sorry to read you consider our reception time table horrible. please note we are sure you read about it before booking! in winter time we don't have kitchen facilities, as written in out description, you probably missed that part. internte connection is working properly, you could have asked help at the reception desk for your plane tickets ostello santa fosca the manager leila

« first « Prev 1 2 3