Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

Everything is very basic (no warm blankets; lockers not working; map of the city is bad), but nothing very bad. And if you want to live on the main island of Venice, and avoid paying hungreds of euros, you can't be picky :). So this place is quite ok. As a special plus - big rooms and 1-level beds far from each other.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Russia

Location is pretty convenient, not too far from the train station, however the road leading to the hostel does get quite dark at night. Room is decent but not fantastic, and wifi is only available in lobby. But they allow free printing of boarding passes which is really useful.

It's in Venice, not Mestre where most people stays due to prices. I think it's the best you can get with a good location. The hostel is great, just not clean enough for me. There is a good kitchen, but too much people, so it can't stay clean. The same for the baths. But still recommend, if you want a bed (the rooms are good) and don't mind that much with the cleanness, so it's the right place for a good price!

Tricky to find. Ok, for 1 night.

Breakfast must be included in the room rate.Bathroom flooring level is not proper as a result water collects & it does not clear for some time

This hostel is always very good, but pay attention to the private room for 2 people n.208: I killed 11 mosquitos (zanzare) before sleeping!!! The walls are covered by dead mosquitos and decorated with the blood they ate.

I was a bit worried about finding the place after reading other reviews but with the directions from the hostel we found it perfectly. It was a good location, about 10-15 minutes walk from the main sights of Venice. Excellent night's sleep as it was so safe, quiet and dark. Not a party hostel but we weren't looking for that!

The room was ok and the bathrooms were pretty decent, though they could be cleaner. Location is great, wifi worked fine and the kitchen was very good.

The hostel is actually uni halls about 15 walk from the station so in a great location. There are lockers in the room but they don't actually lock and the cleaners come in everyday and I noticed our door was wide open without anyone in there when I went back to grab something. The rooms were really clean but the bathroom was always pretty dirty. There were plenary of showers and toilets so you were never left waiting. The atmosphere was a bit odd but still a good place to stay for a few nights

Great location, you can go many nice places by foot. There are no washing facilities, though. It is just free soap in the bathroom. There are no blankets also, just a sheet. The rooms are good and the kitchen too!

Really basic accomodation, but everything was ok! The hostel is really nice, and the location is wonderful, in a nice area and really close to every attraction and to the ferry station, bus station and bus station.

Location is pretty good and facilities are fine. Rooms are pretty big and we didn't have bunks. We had people shine flashlights into our room in the middle of the night but staff was very receptive and took action to make sure guests stay safe.

For venice the room and location are good.

It would be great to have the opportunity to lock away the luggage if you arrive early or leave later than check-out/in time. The regulations regarding the cleaning schedule are quite strict. It was a nice stay, good to have a kitchen and very close to the center.

This was an ok place to stay if you are looking for something cheap and basic. The room was bare bones and not very welcoming but fine for what you are paying. I had to leave after the second day when I was eaten alive by a mosquito.

I was fairly dissatisfied with my experience at this hostel. It seemed like they are getting by doing the bare minimum. It was the most expensive hostel I stayed in in Italy, but had the fewest features. I asked to borrow a towel and I was told they didn't wash them that day and I would have to wait until tomorrow. I travel alone and had trouble meeting people because the layout didn't provide a nice common area.

We stayed here for one night. The room was very clean and the hostel is good organised. They have a big kitchen which was clean and the hostel is near the train station and the city. The staff was nice and helpful.

The location was perfectly in the centre of Venice, right near supermarket. Only 10 minute walk from the train station but easy enough to find when you know where you're going. Clean bedrooms and fine beds, only real negative was that they wake you up at 10am to clean the room which was annoying. Also a 12.30am curfew if you're inside the main gates but we didn't realise that that didn't include us. Great kitchen facilities and friendly staff, good wifi in reception and good kitchen facilities!

The only problem was to found the hostel, but beside that, no problem :)

The hostel itself and room we stayed in was quite basic which was absolutely fine for our one night stay and the staff were very pleasant. The location was in a slightly quieter road from the main streets which was to our liking, however we found it limiting to have a 12:30pm curfew and was not pleased with the bathroom facilities. The toilet did not seem to flush properly and the second shower was in the toilet room, designed for disabled use, which meant that the floor was soaked after use.

dear kirsty, thank you for the positive scores given please let un underline, the curfew matter was clear to you when you reserved, so it cannot be considered a negative aspect, if you decided to stay here! for law we must have toilets and shower for disable use, and we are proud to offer this service; you didin't mention there was also another shower in the bathroom that did not soak the floor.... the manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7