Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

Location was fab and one of the cleaner, less damp places I've stayed in Venice so that was great. Would stay here again definitely.

Good location- 5 minutes from Rialto Bridge and 15 minutes from San Marco's Square. Friendly staff. The 'luggage storage' was merely a pile of backpacks/ suitcases in the reception. We actually booked a 6-bed room with en suite and were placed in a 2-bed and 3-bed room instead, with no en suite. Despite the rooms being fine, we were disappointed that they didn't let us know in advance.

Staff, rooms, and location were all great. We even received an excellent lunch recommendation from the desk.

• 25th Jul 2015

Very large and accommodating kitchen and outdoor common area!! Really enjoyed Venice.

This hostel had nice big lockers and the rooms were very spacious! Loved that the beds weren't bunkbeds! However there was no air conditioning and at night it was very hot. Nice big area to chill outside. Overall good stay in Venice!

It was awesome. The staff was pretty knowledgeable. Only complaint was that I couldn't get a shower before I checked in even though the facilities were public (not in the rooms).

It was a good place!

WORST hostel I've ever stayed in! I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone it ruined our stay in Venice. I'm not normally fussy with accomodation but this was terrible. No aircon even for the middle of summer just a small desk fan, wifi dosent work, toilets don't flush, extremely overpriced for how poor it is. I feel you could pay the same or a little bit more and get somewhere much nicer to make your stay in Venice better. €45 a night per person should be more like €25 a night per per person!

please let us reply you reserved a private twin room for 33 euro por night por person, beds in dorms are cheaper... as written we don't have aircon, you knew before booking! the manager

no air conditioning and the furnishing around the hostel was a little outdated. Basic common area with not much going on. Not many facitilies. wifi struggles. Its ok - but have stayed in many other hostels in Italty which were a lot better.

Air conditioning would be a great addition... It was way too hot in the rooms. Otherwise the place was great and the staff was very accommodating and welcoming.

The Internet connection was not good and had to reconnect every several minutes. The room was not very clean when I checked in and it is extremely hot in the rooms all hours of the day with only one small fan. Also the reception desk and kitchen is closed at night.

Desperately needs air conditioning - dreaded returning to the hostel at night as fans completely ineffective. The lack of air con seriously affected my experience in this hostel. Beautiful location, but you have to improve guest comfort greatly.

• 21st Jul 2015

Good hostel for a single night. Bathroom shower drain was blocked when I used it so the bottom filled with a pool of water. Staff were helpful. There is a computer in the common room that can be used to book tours and print e-vouchers/tickets. Walking distance from the train station,and there was close to a supermarket. I would stay here again for short (1-2night periods). Very budget friendly.

• 20th Jul 2015

Pretty nice hostel! Wish there was air conditioning but there was a fan which was ok. No place to lock up your bags if you drop it off early. Check in process was really slow. Quite a line built up and it took a long time for each person.

The hostel was spacious and in a good location as it was 15 mins away from the station, as well as the main sites. The rooms were clean to an average standard.

Cleaning hours were 10-2 which were unsociable for the guests to use facilities, and even then the showers/bathrooms didn't seem any cleaner. The bedroom was so ridiculously hot that myself and my friends had to resort to sleeping on the tiled floor rather than the beds because there was no aircon/the fan was feeble. There was no luggage storage- just shoved under a table whilst you waited to leave.I would not stay here again. The only positive I have to say is that the staff were quite helpful.

Longest wait to check in! We arrived at 1pm however check in isn't until 2pm. Lots of people waiting around to check in so by 2pm there was a long wait! We didn't get checked in & our room keys until 3pm so this was frustrating as everyone was hot, bothered & tired. Only one person working & checking in customers so not great. However the staff member handled himself very well and stayed calm. Great location for exploring Venice, clean rooms, single beds no bunks and lockers included.

The place is in a kind of student house. Full of young people and really well located close to the beautiful areas of the island. The place was really clean including the toilets . Lovely space outside to chat and enjoy the hot night in Venice.

• 14th Jul 2015

We stayed at Santa Fosca for two nigts and were pleasantly surprised at its location. It is a 1 minute walk from the main street which runs along the Grand Canal. Venice is not a party place so there was no party atmosphere, but people were sitting and eatin at the tables outside. Is better in real life than the pictures!

The closet is good that I can put all the stuff in it and lock it. But no blankets are provided.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5