Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

Front desk and common room hours are inconveniently limited and I would prefer the kitchen facility to be open year-round. Also the single shower at the ground level section of the hostel was often occupied. The location of the hostel is great, the lockers are a plus and there is a very helpful and kind staff.

We stayed in a 6 dorm. There's no lamp at our beds so when we were back to the room at night we had to turn on the room light while other guest sleeping and that disturb them.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

The hostel was very clean and well maintained, however the 3 hour lunch break between 12AM and 3PM leaves much to be desired in terms of checking in. Most hostels have a 24 hour desk service to you can drop your bags off at any time you arrive. I was lucky enough to catch someone who I assume was staff as I arrived so they could let me in and drop my backpack off. The wifi was difficult/impossible to use, thankfully I have a data plan in Italy! Breakfast was mediocre but for the price, decent.

• 30th Apr 2015

The bathroom smelled like mildew so bad we left the fan of to try and help it air out. There was even mold around the sink.

Would've been nice to have had more shower facilities as there was only one in the section we were staying in.. Also the woman working the desk as we were leaving was incredibly rude. Her tone and attitude Toward us was very disrespectful and u professional. Because of her, my attitude toward ostella fosca weakened severely. Wish I knew her name.

• 8th Apr 2015

My stay at Ostello S. Fosca was fine. The hostel was clean, though the female dorm did smell a little funny when I arrived. The other girls agreed and said it smelled like mildew. Reception seemed a bit unorganized. A girl in my dorm was split up from her friend and moved to a mixed dorm, but there were available beds in the female dorm for the night she stayed. The shower flooded pretty badly after a few people had taken showers in a row. Overall the hostel was okay for a few nights.

A great hostel in a wonderful location! They supply lockers for free and that was great for my day out in Venice. They apparently have a kitchen that is only open during the summer months, I really wished it had been open during my stay. I love being able to cook my own meals in order to save some money in expensive touristy cities such as Venice. The room I stayed in had 7 beds and only one toilet/shower, so if you're wanting to get out on the town early, wake up even earlier to avoid the cue!

The front desk hours are really inconvinent, it means you can't get a really early start because you can't check out till 9 because no one is there. Or even arrive late because they will make you pay more for an already pricey stay. And the Internet never worked !! The instructions given to find the place are terrible so make sure you do some research before coming if you have no data use.

Good location, room clean. Not the most helpful staff, and no towels provided (it's a hostel after all, but worth remembering). Walls seemed a bit thin, but thankfully whoever bright their guitar along called it bedtime around midnight.

Make sure you look at the location beforehand because it was a bit difficult to find based on the written directions, in the rain, at dusk. But when you know it, it's easy to get to the train station/water taxis and Rialto bridge. Not much atmosphere as the common area was always empty, and the staff seemed surprised that I even wanted to be there. The other girls were always drying their socks and wet clothes on the heater which made the dorm room really stink and stuffy. The bathroom was ok.

We enjoyed our stay in this hostel however we find that the closing time of the living is too early. 8pm! Especially in winter and during heavy raining days. The breakfeast time is much too late. 9 am. It should be 8am or 7:30 am.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

We stayed 3 nights in March. The weather was cold and the heating never worked. It was a huge problem and really uncomfortable to sleep and stay in the room. We asked 2 times to the staff to fix it up, but they were not solicitous and did nothing to change it. For the breakfast we had tea and coffee for free. For 1 juice and 1 bread we payed 1€, it was OK for the price. Even if it is not expensive, I don't recommend this hostel because the staff was unconcerned by the comfort of the guests.

Good hostel, location is great - near train station. Staff is amazing, lovely girls

My room was very good, but there was no wi fi.

friendly staff, internet occasionally disconnects from the girls dorm, clean linen, clean bathroom, blanket and heating, hot water (important this time of the year), close to main tourist street, supermarket, 20 min from train station (turn left when you see the statue in front of the church and look for a yellow 'hostel' sign), big wardrobe for each bed (can be locked), recommend staying there! however, travellers nowadays prefer smartphone than talking to each other :(

The hostel was well situated in Venice, though like all things in Venice, kind of difficult to find. The staff were very friendly, and for accomodation in Venice, the price was perfect! The one thing I didn't like was that check-out was at 9h00, I found that kind of early.

Awesome location - right at a canal, close to the railway station and all attractions. Staff is helpful and friendly. Rooms are spacious and clean. Value for money. Highly recommended!

The location is great because it is a straight shot from the train station, and fairly close to the Rialto Bridge. I didn't experience much of a good atmosphere, but it was very clean. The facilities are just fine, but the downside is that there is no kitchen. Which is a real shame because the hostel is very close to a couple of markets who have great food deals.

Good location but if you arrive late you have to pay an amount because the reception is not open all day, and it can bring problems sometimes

Terrible reception working time:(