Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

It's a little bit hard to find, but it was a good place to stay at. It's reasonably priced, clean and spacious. I didn't use the kitchen but it looked pretty big and convenient. Also, the bedroom and bathroom could use more hooks. I appreciated the lockers in the room, but there are no lockers for left luggage. It would be nice if the staff gave a tour of the place upon arrival since it's a big place. I didn't know there was a kitchen until the day I left!

The location was good: not too far from either the railway station nor the sights. Even if it was right next to a busy shopping street, it was very tranquil with its gardens and many small yards. Cleanliness and the state of the facilities were a definitive minus: In my dorm room the floors were consantly sticky and a lot of the equipment were broken or malfunctioning. That being said, the wifi didn't work. All in all: Good location, peaceful, average hostel.

Good location, as close as you'll get in a hostel to all the major sights. It's got a ton of cool neighborhood restaurants and pizza places near by. Great value for money. Huge spacious rooms

Great hostel. Very basic facilities but location and vibe once we were there

• 31st Jul 2015

showers could be better (nothing to leave your stuff while showering), the kitchen could be in a better state (tidier, cleaner, more tables, and the fridge was completely full).

Location was fab and one of the cleaner, less damp places I've stayed in Venice so that was great. Would stay here again definitely.

Good location- 5 minutes from Rialto Bridge and 15 minutes from San Marco's Square. Friendly staff. The 'luggage storage' was merely a pile of backpacks/ suitcases in the reception. We actually booked a 6-bed room with en suite and were placed in a 2-bed and 3-bed room instead, with no en suite. Despite the rooms being fine, we were disappointed that they didn't let us know in advance.

Staff, rooms, and location were all great. We even received an excellent lunch recommendation from the desk.

• 25th Jul 2015

Very large and accommodating kitchen and outdoor common area!! Really enjoyed Venice.

Stayed in a shared room. Bathroom was always wet and inconvenient. Floors were dirty and sheets/linens had some stains on them. The location was really great though and is good for a quick trip to Venice if you are willing to deal with the bathroom and also mosquito because of all the open windows.

This hostel had nice big lockers and the rooms were very spacious! Loved that the beds weren't bunkbeds! However there was no air conditioning and at night it was very hot. Nice big area to chill outside. Overall good stay in Venice!

It was awesome. The staff was pretty knowledgeable. Only complaint was that I couldn't get a shower before I checked in even though the facilities were public (not in the rooms).

It was a good place!

WORST hostel I've ever stayed in! I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone it ruined our stay in Venice. I'm not normally fussy with accomodation but this was terrible. No aircon even for the middle of summer just a small desk fan, wifi dosent work, toilets don't flush, extremely overpriced for how poor it is. I feel you could pay the same or a little bit more and get somewhere much nicer to make your stay in Venice better. €45 a night per person should be more like €25 a night per per person!

please let us reply you reserved a private twin room for 33 euro por night por person, beds in dorms are cheaper... as written we don't have aircon, you knew before booking! the manager

no air conditioning and the furnishing around the hostel was a little outdated. Basic common area with not much going on. Not many facitilies. wifi struggles. Its ok - but have stayed in many other hostels in Italty which were a lot better.

Air conditioning would be a great addition... It was way too hot in the rooms. Otherwise the place was great and the staff was very accommodating and welcoming.

The Internet connection was not good and had to reconnect every several minutes. The room was not very clean when I checked in and it is extremely hot in the rooms all hours of the day with only one small fan. Also the reception desk and kitchen is closed at night.

Desperately needs air conditioning - dreaded returning to the hostel at night as fans completely ineffective. The lack of air con seriously affected my experience in this hostel. Beautiful location, but you have to improve guest comfort greatly.

• 21st Jul 2015

They got a large square! Overall it's a good hostel, big kitchen, clean room, good location. But there's no air conditioner, it's really humid and hot during summer (37 degrees). And it's noisy that people walking on the lobby.

Good hostel for a single night. Bathroom shower drain was blocked when I used it so the bottom filled with a pool of water. Staff were helpful. There is a computer in the common room that can be used to book tours and print e-vouchers/tickets. Walking distance from the train station,and there was close to a supermarket. I would stay here again for short (1-2night periods). Very budget friendly.

• 20th Jul 2015