Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

Good place to stay! Wifi does not work...

Ostello Santa Fosca has a guest house feel, more than a hostel. My room had single beds instead of bunks which was great (4 bed mixed dorm). Good location and the facilities were enough for what you need but not outstanding (be prepared for slow Wifi). I'd recommend this place over others I've stayed at in Venice. It's expensive for what you get compared to other places in Europe but it's hard in Venice to get something good but reasonably priced as all accommodation is quite expensive.

The staff was exceptionally helpful, and the hostel was overall very clean. Unfortunately, Venice is expensive, and we paid a pretty penny for the two nights that we spent there. Nonetheless, the room was nice, and we had a comfortable stay.

A nice familiar hostel. I stayed there just for one night. Unfortunately when I took a shower the water was just cold. But I know it got fixed right after. Fan in the room made the temperature all good in a hot September. Staff was nice. A bit hard to find but actually close to all nice spots in Cannaregio.

• 6th Sep 2015

Just missing some basics when we arrived, like toilet roll in either of the bathrooms and the sinks lacked plug holes so we struggled to hand wash our clothes. Also the bathroom is shut for four hours in the day for cleaning, which again is frustrating. Other than that it wasn't bad overall.

Great location, very close to Santa Lucia Stazione. The room is quiet and clean. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately no breakfast during the time I visit. Overall, will recommend for people who would like to stay in venezia.

This is a great, clean, relaxing and safe hostel in a great location. I stayed in a single room on the 4th floor that overlooked a beautiful court yard! The hostel is also where students studying at the University live during the semester, they are all very friendly!! The staff were very helpful and gave me some great advice on places to go and see! The rooms were clean, and I had a fan to use during the night when it was hot!! There is also a nice courtyard to sit and relax!!

Good hostel, helpful staff and great location. The only downside was the Mosquitos... There is no air conditioning so you have to leave windows open and he fan on at night because it is so hot and humid. The Mosquitos are insane and destroy any chance of having a good nights sleep. I know asking for air con to be installed is a bit of a hard ask, but could you at least provide mosquito repellant in the rooms!?? It really does ruin your stay in an otherwise good hostel.

It was alright, expensive but that's venice for you. Pretty big and had quite a few groups, not the best for solo travelers but I made it work. Might stay again, wouldn't be opposed to trying somewhere new as well

Fantastic location - right near the train station, down a quiet street, on the main island and only a short walk from loads of local (and more affordable) restaurants. We were fortunately upgraded to double so don't know what dorms are like. Showers were inconsistent - sometimes cold. Plus some of them overflowed. Generally clean though. Wifi good although for some reason couldn't stream video well. Generally an excellent hostel though given the cost of alternatives.

Great location, facilities were ok but the atmosphere wasn't great. Definitely recommend if you just want to get your head down in Vienna!

Nice hostel, very big, feels a lot like a school which is fine because it is used for university students in term time. Huge kitchen which is good, and lockers/cupboards available for valuables. Toilets and showers were ok. Good location about 10 mins from st lucia and right on canal. Perfect for one night stay.

It's a boarding school, fine for s few nights sleep but it's too big to have a hostel buzz, very central though... Check in times are early

Very impressed with S. Fosca, it was a really clean hostel, the beds were great, the kitchen was useful and well stocked, and it was in a great location.

WIFI did not or was very uncooperative for everyone.

We ended up staying 3 nights the location was pretty good. Loved that there was a kitchen to use. The set up for the showers was not very thought out. Lots of misquotes and people are extremely loud in the courtyard at night. Would probably stay again

great location. nice staff. but sooo dirty hostel. for example there isn't any soap in the toulets. mosquito are every where.

Great location, good water pressure in the shower. The wifi was terrible, the kitchen was big but not very well equipped and the showers were cold at times. I would say the pros outweigh the cons though.

• 18th Aug 2015

by far the best atmosphere of any hostel I have been to, the people were amazing.

Be warned that you do have to pay extra if you check in after 8 pm! When we arrived they told us that check in was between 2 pm and 11 pm but had no signs or anything that warned us of this...the only way I knew was because of reviews on HostelWorld. It is very difficult to find, you have to cross a lot of bridges and then back track because there isn't a bridge that leads directly there. They advertise a free walking tour but the staff member didn't know anything about it or where to meet.