Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

it was impossible to sleep at this hostel people entering at all hours taking showers after midnigght the reception very negative go to this hostel if not planning to sleep can almost be compared to living on the street it took me 2 3 days to recover

dear anne dinelli, after all we did for you we are very surprised! it was the first time we welcomed a 79 year old guest; on arrival in fact we reminded you that this is a hostel, reserved by young travellers... reserving a bed into a 7 female room could not have been a good idea! we heated your dinner, we entered each time the wifi code for you, we helped you to send email to family, we printed the timing for trains... the manager

I arrived at 12:30pm, which is 30 minutes after the front reception closed so I was unable to check in until later that night. Luckily, someone was just leaving her room and she let me leave my things in her room. The rooms are clean, but the bathroom was a little shabby and the toilet did not have a toilet seat. Really great location a short walk off the main streets, so it is nice and quiet.

Clean and hot water, nice location. I would stay again if I were ever in Venice. For Venice, this hostel is cheap . The only downsides were that reception closes at night and the wifi doesnt work outside of reception area.

The place was fine overall but lacked basic kitchen facilities meaning we couldn't do any of of our own cooking to save money. Apparently the kitchen is only opened in June. Not really a hostel vibe at all and not very social. Fine as a place to rest and sleep at the end of the day.

The hostel was a little tricky to find but I eventually got there. The annoying thing was that reception is closed between 12pm-3pm so I had to wait around with my luggage for over an hour due to the time my flight arrived. The hostel was clean and fairly comfortable. There was no door to the shower so it was a little awkward when people walked in while you were showering! There is no common area to use in th evening and the wifi doesn't work in all the rooms despite what the staff said.

dear, please let us underline that the indications given by the hostel to arrive are clear and easy to follow: many guests prefer to use google map and get lost! we are not a 24hours reception as you knew before making the reservation; this cannot be considered an annoying aspect, since you choose to reserse in our hostel. wifi works properly in all rooms, common area and gardens, where our guest like to relax and chat also in the evening when the reception is closed the manager

It's a beautifull place. Staff was kind and helpful. Kind of hard to follow the instrutions to get to the hostel but venice is difficult to walk anyway. I recomend it!!

The location of this hostel is great, because the place is very quiet. And the garden is very beautiful. Vladimir, Macedonia.

The recepcionist girl was very nice and helpfull. Hostel was in nice place, quiet and tidy.. but not at all.. there`s mold on the walls in the room and in bathroom.. free coffe was very nice thing and breakfast for 1 euro too ;) but of course coffe for free wasn`t a lavazza and croissant wasn`t a real croissant :)

the room was big and same goes with the toilet and shower. they were clean too. didn't expect much since the reviews were not quite convincing. but we were wrong when we got there. the staffs were nice and helpful. the lockers were big, you can even put 2 bagpacks in 1 locker. the garden at the center is the best place to get to know other people. we did. my only complaint would be the wifi. you have to get to the middle of the garden to get connected. besides that, everything was great.

We were in a shared room which was a separate building/room from the reception. It feels like camp because it is so muggy and there are bugs everywhere, including in the bed sheets. The door handle in the washroom was broken. The toilet broke and there was water all over the floor (which they cleaned). The shower is tiny and you have to hold up the shower head the entire time. There is no wifi in this room. You have to go to the main area, which they lock around 7PM. Staff was rather unfriendly.

If you want to stay in Venice, Ostello Fosca is the perfect place

• 5th May 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Good location and nice garden but very poor breakfast. We were in a 4 bed mix dorm but it was not specified that 2 beds were bunk bed. The dorm was big and clean and had big lockers. The badroom was in the bedroom, however, the toilet was not good at all (very high and without women cover so that it was not possible to sit), there wasn´t a shower tray (it was the same floor and all the water got around the whole badroom). Suggestion: they could offer a more detailed map of venice.

Overall a good place to stay. The location is amazing, within walking distance of everything. The rooms are a good size and clean, and there is a nice courtyard to hang out in. The internet wasn't the best but the reviews and staff warned me about that. All in all I would stay here again!

Reservation is open only for few hours and there is no kitchen there. They just put a microwave in common area. But the think is you can use common area when the reservation is open otherwise the door is close. So i don't recommend this place to any one. They just want to collect money

Nice place but pretty inconvenient to get to and far off from the main city attractions and activities. The check in times are really inconvenient because even if you show up in the morning, you can't get the key until the afternoon so you have to leave your stuff and then go out and then make the whole trip back, which again, isn't that convenient when you're still relatively new to Venice and more likely to be spending your time in the main plaza area. Amenities were fine, nothing great.

• 21st Apr 2014

Fosca is an easy walk from Santa Lucia train station, and is convenient starting point to get around. It's grounds are lovely and it's tucked back so it's quite a peaceful area. My only complaint is that breakfast was extremely disappointing. You pay 1€ and are given a prepackaged, tasteless croissant and a box of apple juice. There is a coffee machine that costs extra. Obviously they are by no means required to provide breakfast, but if you're going to advertise as such…

Female reception lady is lovely but male was a little grumpy. Facilities good but wifi kept dropping. Other than that lovely and welcoming hostel.

I enjoyed my stay here and the staff person was quite friendly. Their hours are weird so that's a draw back, the wifi sucked here. We had to constantly keep logging in and the connection was very weak. The rooms were a nice size and I was very happy about not having bunk beds! And you get a nice big locker. But maybe bring some kind of repellant-I and at least one other guy in my room got bitten by bed bugs.

We loved this hostel. Just far enough out of the main part of Venice it was quiet and peaceful. The facilities were nice, and the size of the room was great. They also offer free luggage storage after you check out and the location is close enough to the train station to make this useful. The two negatives were that wifi is iffy in the rooms and that the 1 euro breakfast isn't worth it. Overall though we had a great experience here!

The building itself is amazing and the courtyard is a really cool place to hang out and meet people. The location was also really good and easily accessible from the train station/airport buses. Staff were quite helpful and knowledgeable. Our bathroom was kind of in shambles, though.