Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

The hostel was spacious and in a good location as it was 15 mins away from the station, as well as the main sites. The rooms were clean to an average standard.

Cleaning hours were 10-2 which were unsociable for the guests to use facilities, and even then the showers/bathrooms didn't seem any cleaner. The bedroom was so ridiculously hot that myself and my friends had to resort to sleeping on the tiled floor rather than the beds because there was no aircon/the fan was feeble. There was no luggage storage- just shoved under a table whilst you waited to leave.I would not stay here again. The only positive I have to say is that the staff were quite helpful.

Longest wait to check in! We arrived at 1pm however check in isn't until 2pm. Lots of people waiting around to check in so by 2pm there was a long wait! We didn't get checked in & our room keys until 3pm so this was frustrating as everyone was hot, bothered & tired. Only one person working & checking in customers so not great. However the staff member handled himself very well and stayed calm. Great location for exploring Venice, clean rooms, single beds no bunks and lockers included.

The place is in a kind of student house. Full of young people and really well located close to the beautiful areas of the island. The place was really clean including the toilets . Lovely space outside to chat and enjoy the hot night in Venice.

• 14th Jul 2015

We stayed at Santa Fosca for two nigts and were pleasantly surprised at its location. It is a 1 minute walk from the main street which runs along the Grand Canal. Venice is not a party place so there was no party atmosphere, but people were sitting and eatin at the tables outside. Is better in real life than the pictures!

The closet is good that I can put all the stuff in it and lock it. But no blankets are provided.

It as my first stay in a hostel, and I was very surprised of the facilities and welcomeness it as ! If I have friend who want to go to Venice, I will recommend this hostel without doubt.

• 10th Jul 2015

Everything OK but no safe place to leave your stuff after check out.

Lots of space in the room. I stayed in a 2 bedroom. Only complaint is I had to walk up 3 flights of stairs with luggage.

Showers weren't great and there wasn't really enough of them

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

The hostel is an oven that bakes in the sun all day long and never cools down. The rooms are easily 85 degrees all night even when outside is comfortable.

They make you leave while the maids are cleaning the rooms...which I think is a little unnecessary. My hostel is my home while I am and I've paid to stay there. Other than that very clean! Wifi worked well. It's in an easy to find location and overall a good place to stay.

Fantastic stay, the staff were helpful and kind, the facilities were everything a traveler needed. and the location was amazing. Highly recommended to anyone staying in venice.

This was a pretty clean and great property! Very worth it place to stay!

The hostel is simple but has good conditions and the staff is very attentive and willing to help. The room is spacious and has a good and large locker to leave the bags. The location is fantastic and you can reach the principas attractions of Venice in a few minutes on foot. The only bad thing is the ridiculous 15€ fee you have to pay if you make the check-in after 20:00, as I paid.

Cons: Wifi was the worst. Barely worked in my room. Constantly cut off and asked me to re-enter the password. Twice it would not take the password so I had to go back to reception to get another. The wifi is not even good while sitting in the lobby. No pillow case was given. I don't know what breakfast service for 1 euro is supposed to mean since here is no breakfast offered. There is minimal things to use in the kitchen. Pros: Big lockers.

thank you. our wifi is working properly, maybe your device had problems. breakfast is not served while kitchen available. the kitchen has all you need... the manager

Basic hostel, nothing fancy but it's clean, safe and close to the bus station.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Very hot in the rooms and the bathrooms were not clean. I have stayed at way better hostels for the same price or less! They were accommodating with check out times but that is it. The people were in the courtyard until very early morning, not a quiet hostel

Booking error (I'm pretty sure it was on their end - or hostelword's) meant we didnt stay at the hostel.. But the difficulty of which it took me to try and change the dates of our booking or cancel suggests to me that the service is pretty poor. I emailed and got no response. So I rang and the woman at the desk was so unhelpful and said I should just email... So I did again. Several emails and calls later it was cancelled. (took deposit). But stil an unnecessary and pricey hassle.

Literally only checked in for a few hours to shower and sleep, but it was nice. NO BUNKBEDS! So, that was nice. It was also clean so no complaints.