Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

This hostel was very hard to find. Had to ask for directions from a number of stores and restaurants, but barely anyone knew of the place. Towels are not provided, but can be rented for 2€. Unfortunately, reception closes around 8PM, so if you haven't gotten a towel by then you are out of luck. No handsoap in the bathroom. A bit chilly and a few mosquitos. Overall it was an okay stay, but I probably won't repeat the visit.

this hostel wasn't designed as a hostel(the room I stayed feels like used to be a nursing room), and the wifi is not working. everything is wired with lots of rules...but the people who stayed there that I met are awesome!

Not bad.Cheap,the staff is kind,linen is so clean.

This Hostel was fantastic! It was a little bit more than some other options out there for Venice but it was definitely worth having a location right on the island. They have everything you need in a hostel figured out for the most part. You're provided with a locked cabinet/closet, a key to get in the gate after the desk closes, and they have breakfast for a Euro in the morning. There is plenty to do around the hostel and its an easy walk to both the train station and Piazza San Marco.

Great location and safe. However, for the price, the facilities were worse than I had expected.

Very dirty toalets and rooms dirty also

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Serbia

dear marija we are sorry to read your comment and scores: we take care of cleaning every day and as you can see from the other comments our clients are normally satisfied. if the situacion was as terrible as you write, you could easily come to the reception and tell our staff! the manager

I was there 3 days. It was very nice stay. Area is very quiet and green. And it just few minutes away from crowdy streets and 5 minutes from supermarket. It is convenient that all attractions of main Venice island can be reached by foot from the hostel. Room was clean, with big lockers. Also I haven't found area for cooking, but I didn't need it.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Ukraine

Wanna sleep inside an ancient glorious Venetian church that was shot down by the destiny and now came back to a new life as haunted and fascinating accomodation? Great, choose Hostel S. FOSCA. It's a refurbished ruin made of brick with all the facilities for your comfort... it will help you to think about Venice and to start in the best way the exploration of this fragile and astonishing City.

• 4th Oct 2014

I absolutely loved this hostel! The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, and the the garden outside our room was very inviting. Our only issue was that it was a little difficult to find, we followed the directions but it should be noted that it is in the pastoral school because we thought we were in the wrong spot. Would definitely recommend and stay again!

The staff is great (they stayed on the phone with me for 20 min while I was lost), the lockers are huuuuge, and it's really clean with nice bathrooms. Great central location in Venice. Only things that were annoying were the wifi being really slow/unreliable and there's a lockout at 9:30AM so you can't sleep very long :( Other than that, great hostel.

1 2 3 Next » last »