Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

This hostel is in a great location and can walk to all major tourist sights in Venice Helpful staff and a really good price

This hostel is beautiful and is a close walk to the rest of Venezia's attractions, the staff is friendly, and the lockers and rooms are secure. I thoroughly enjoyed our time at this hostel with two exceptions: the wifi kicks you off every thirty minutes, and they did not have enough towels on hand to allow my friend and I to take showers. Overall, I am pleased with our stay, but there is a little room for improvement.

• 1st Nov 2014

The opening hours are very inflexible especially for a hostel. The lockers are a great size and very secure as are the rooms. The location is ideal and easy to find from the train station. Grab yourself a map as the map provided is very basic with limited detail and given the rabbit warren that Venice is you need a detailed map. As nice as it is to lose yourself you also need to find your way out.

• 27th Oct 2014

Not a bad hostel. I was concerned about the lockout but it forced me to wake up early and get more out of my day in Venice! Lady at the check in was nice. Bathrooms were a bit smelly but could be because of the age of the building. Met some great people here but only because of the dorm I stayed in. Comfortable beds!

Hated the early morning lockout and you have to relogin to wifi every 30 mins. Very very hard to find. Basically walk out of the train station and take a left. Follow the main road (15 mins) You will cross a small brown bridge and after will be a square with a statue. Take a left and cross the first bridge and immediately another left. Its average, but seems like they don't care about being a hostel because of the hours, policies, and lack of atmosphere. Also the breakfast is bad. Don't bother.

dear angela, we don't care about being a hostel? we offer cheap and clean accomodation in the very center of one of the most expensive city of the world, and the service we offer is clearly wirtten so everybody can read it and decide to reserve or not. if you had problems find us, this does not mean we are hard to find;it means you got lost, even if reading the indications we gave you. Venice can be confusing the first time. the manager

Average hostel. Okay location for a cheaper option hostel. Pillows were the worst. Also wifi was pretty much non existent and the staff didn't seem to care or want to help. Big lockers in dorms is a positive!

This hostel was very hard to find. Had to ask for directions from a number of stores and restaurants, but barely anyone knew of the place. Towels are not provided, but can be rented for 2€. Unfortunately, reception closes around 8PM, so if you haven't gotten a towel by then you are out of luck. No handsoap in the bathroom. A bit chilly and a few mosquitos. Overall it was an okay stay, but I probably won't repeat the visit.

this hostel wasn't designed as a hostel(the room I stayed feels like used to be a nursing room), and the wifi is not working. everything is wired with lots of rules...but the people who stayed there that I met are awesome!

1 2 3 Next » last »