Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

Everything OK but no safe place to leave your stuff after check out.

Lots of space in the room. I stayed in a 2 bedroom. Only complaint is I had to walk up 3 flights of stairs with luggage.

Showers weren't great and there wasn't really enough of them

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

The hostel is an oven that bakes in the sun all day long and never cools down. The rooms are easily 85 degrees all night even when outside is comfortable.

They make you leave while the maids are cleaning the rooms...which I think is a little unnecessary. My hostel is my home while I am and I've paid to stay there. Other than that very clean! Wifi worked well. It's in an easy to find location and overall a good place to stay.

Fantastic stay, the staff were helpful and kind, the facilities were everything a traveler needed. and the location was amazing. Highly recommended to anyone staying in venice.

This was a pretty clean and great property! Very worth it place to stay!

The hostel is simple but has good conditions and the staff is very attentive and willing to help. The room is spacious and has a good and large locker to leave the bags. The location is fantastic and you can reach the principas attractions of Venice in a few minutes on foot. The only bad thing is the ridiculous 15€ fee you have to pay if you make the check-in after 20:00, as I paid.

Cons: Wifi was the worst. Barely worked in my room. Constantly cut off and asked me to re-enter the password. Twice it would not take the password so I had to go back to reception to get another. The wifi is not even good while sitting in the lobby. No pillow case was given. I don't know what breakfast service for 1 euro is supposed to mean since here is no breakfast offered. There is minimal things to use in the kitchen. Pros: Big lockers.

thank you. our wifi is working properly, maybe your device had problems. breakfast is not served while kitchen available. the kitchen has all you need... the manager

Basic hostel, nothing fancy but it's clean, safe and close to the bus station.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Very hot in the rooms and the bathrooms were not clean. I have stayed at way better hostels for the same price or less! They were accommodating with check out times but that is it. The people were in the courtyard until very early morning, not a quiet hostel

Booking error (I'm pretty sure it was on their end - or hostelword's) meant we didnt stay at the hostel.. But the difficulty of which it took me to try and change the dates of our booking or cancel suggests to me that the service is pretty poor. I emailed and got no response. So I rang and the woman at the desk was so unhelpful and said I should just email... So I did again. Several emails and calls later it was cancelled. (took deposit). But stil an unnecessary and pricey hassle.

Literally only checked in for a few hours to shower and sleep, but it was nice. NO BUNKBEDS! So, that was nice. It was also clean so no complaints.

We had lockers and keys but that didn't actually lock the lockers? Was incredibly hot in my room with a fan so we'd open the windows where we'd invite thousands of mozzies. Kitchen facilities were great but not a hostel vibe, more student dorm vibe. No events etc held at all and not really a place to meet other travellers unless you have others in your room. Not sure if i'd stay here again myself. The internet was quite terrible all-round

This hostel used to be university halls of residence so is in university grounds. The hostel is basic however still very clean tidy and in a really good location. The common room was always busy with people and the staff were helpful at check in and out letting us leave our bags!

Only stayed one night in a private room. Hostel was a bit hard to find, and although it was basic, it was very clean, had nice common room areas and good wifi. Would stay again.

Ostello Santa Fosca was a great stay. The hostel is very spacious and includes a meeting area, kitchen, and courtyards to lounge in. The staff was kind and helpful for travelers to a new city. Although it was a bit of a challenge to find from the train station at first, with the help of some locals, I found it in no time. The hostel is about 20 minutes walk from the train station. However, there are water taxis available outside to the train station to facilitate the transfer.

Not the best hostel we've stayed at. There is no atmosphere and isn't the best place to meet people. The kitchen was alright, had a few facilities. Security was good, had our own lockers with keys. Bathrooms and things were relatively clean, the lockout period was a bit inconvenient too. Location is good as it is in the centre of Venice. Overall it was average and wouldn't stay again.

Nice location because it's right between the train station and the sights. Our room was right on one of the canals which was a bonus. It was nice to have a ceiling fan.

I've been to over 50 hostels and this was the best one I have ever been too- massive property, great location, bed desk and Cuboard (no bunks!), kitchen, amazing staff- can't recommend it enough!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!