Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

It's in Venice, not Mestre where most people stays due to prices. I think it's the best you can get with a good location. The hostel is great, just not clean enough for me. There is a good kitchen, but too much people, so it can't stay clean. The same for the baths. But still recommend, if you want a bed (the rooms are good) and don't mind that much with the cleanness, so it's the right place for a good price!

Hostel was fine no real complaints except for the fact there is a 12:30 curfew. Very quite mellow hostel if you are looking for a more social fun atmosphere i would look elsewhere otherwise a fine hostel.

Great kitchen, very clean and lovely staff :)

Great hostel, good location on the main island means not having to buy a transport pass for duration of your stay which are pricey by backpacker standards. Curfew is the bad part but makes you have a early night for once. can stıll stay up once inside hostel grounds. Bıg Kıtchen which is handy!!

Tricky to find. Ok, for 1 night.

Breakfast must be included in the room rate.Bathroom flooring level is not proper as a result water collects & it does not clear for some time

This hostel is always very good, but pay attention to the private room for 2 people n.208: I killed 11 mosquitos (zanzare) before sleeping!!! The walls are covered by dead mosquitos and decorated with the blood they ate.

I was a bit worried about finding the place after reading other reviews but with the directions from the hostel we found it perfectly. It was a good location, about 10-15 minutes walk from the main sights of Venice. Excellent night's sleep as it was so safe, quiet and dark. Not a party hostel but we weren't looking for that!

We didnt think that the curfew would be an issue but if you havent been to venice before you might be surprised to find you might want to be out later than the curfew. Room was very spacious and nice courtyard to sit/eat/drink. Kitchen looked good but didnt use it.

The room was ok and the bathrooms were pretty decent, though they could be cleaner. Location is great, wifi worked fine and the kitchen was very good.

The hostel is actually uni halls about 15 walk from the station so in a great location. There are lockers in the room but they don't actually lock and the cleaners come in everyday and I noticed our door was wide open without anyone in there when I went back to grab something. The rooms were really clean but the bathroom was always pretty dirty. There were plenary of showers and toilets so you were never left waiting. The atmosphere was a bit odd but still a good place to stay for a few nights

Great location, you can go many nice places by foot. There are no washing facilities, though. It is just free soap in the bathroom. There are no blankets also, just a sheet. The rooms are good and the kitchen too!

Really basic accomodation, but everything was ok! The hostel is really nice, and the location is wonderful, in a nice area and really close to every attraction and to the ferry station, bus station and bus station.

Location is pretty good and facilities are fine. Rooms are pretty big and we didn't have bunks. We had people shine flashlights into our room in the middle of the night but staff was very receptive and took action to make sure guests stay safe.

For venice the room and location are good.

It would be great to have the opportunity to lock away the luggage if you arrive early or leave later than check-out/in time. The regulations regarding the cleaning schedule are quite strict. It was a nice stay, good to have a kitchen and very close to the center.

This was an ok place to stay if you are looking for something cheap and basic. The room was bare bones and not very welcoming but fine for what you are paying. I had to leave after the second day when I was eaten alive by a mosquito.

I was fairly dissatisfied with my experience at this hostel. It seemed like they are getting by doing the bare minimum. It was the most expensive hostel I stayed in in Italy, but had the fewest features. I asked to borrow a towel and I was told they didn't wash them that day and I would have to wait until tomorrow. I travel alone and had trouble meeting people because the layout didn't provide a nice common area.

We stayed here for one night. The room was very clean and the hostel is good organised. They have a big kitchen which was clean and the hostel is near the train station and the city. The staff was nice and helpful.

The location was perfectly in the centre of Venice, right near supermarket. Only 10 minute walk from the train station but easy enough to find when you know where you're going. Clean bedrooms and fine beds, only real negative was that they wake you up at 10am to clean the room which was annoying. Also a 12.30am curfew if you're inside the main gates but we didn't realise that that didn't include us. Great kitchen facilities and friendly staff, good wifi in reception and good kitchen facilities!