Ostello S. Fosca Reviews

Fondamenta Canal, Cannaregio 2372, Venice, Italy

I was fairly dissatisfied with my experience at this hostel. It seemed like they are getting by doing the bare minimum. It was the most expensive hostel I stayed in in Italy, but had the fewest features. I asked to borrow a towel and I was told they didn't wash them that day and I would have to wait until tomorrow. I travel alone and had trouble meeting people because the layout didn't provide a nice common area.

We stayed here for one night. The room was very clean and the hostel is good organised. They have a big kitchen which was clean and the hostel is near the train station and the city. The staff was nice and helpful.

The location was perfectly in the centre of Venice, right near supermarket. Only 10 minute walk from the train station but easy enough to find when you know where you're going. Clean bedrooms and fine beds, only real negative was that they wake you up at 10am to clean the room which was annoying. Also a 12.30am curfew if you're inside the main gates but we didn't realise that that didn't include us. Great kitchen facilities and friendly staff, good wifi in reception and good kitchen facilities!

This hostel was great for a few nights. The kitchen was good, staff were nice, and it was very spacious. I would not return to this hostel because I did not like having a curfew, but i was fully warned of it. Also wifi didn't work well in room.

The only problem was to found the hostel, but beside that, no problem :)

The hostel itself and room we stayed in was quite basic which was absolutely fine for our one night stay and the staff were very pleasant. The location was in a slightly quieter road from the main streets which was to our liking, however we found it limiting to have a 12:30pm curfew and was not pleased with the bathroom facilities. The toilet did not seem to flush properly and the second shower was in the toilet room, designed for disabled use, which meant that the floor was soaked after use.

dear kirsty, thank you for the positive scores given please let un underline, the curfew matter was clear to you when you reserved, so it cannot be considered a negative aspect, if you decided to stay here! for law we must have toilets and shower for disable use, and we are proud to offer this service; you didin't mention there was also another shower in the bathroom that did not soak the floor.... the manager

it was a nice hostel with its good environment. I suggest it to have it because of its nearest to main station

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Pakistan

Overall it was ok. The other guests (especially the ones living there) were very unwelcoming, often staring and when asked for directions and help to the bathroom, sneered at us.

dear guest, your comment has nothing to do with the staff members and how the hostel is ruled; you gave us a 5 and we appreciate it very much! How can we be responsible for other guests behavior? the manager

The staff was very helpful and kind, willing to give restaurant recommendations and points to see in the city. The hostel isn't far from the train station but the directions were a little confusing, so look at a map beforehand. The rooms were nice and thet had a kitchen to use. Overall a nice place to stay.

Really great hostel, only bad thing to say was on one of the nights there were people being noisy and shouting until late but seemed to stop at about midnight. Great location and the best facilities I've seen at a hostel.

The only good thing going for this hostel is the location and cost as there is not really any other hostels to stay in on the island. Very basic and old. Staff were friendly. Rooms were unbearably hot at night so you had to have the window wide open and then we got absolutely eaten alive by Mosquitos.

When I stayed here I felt at home, very cosy and comfy place to be, the staff are friendly and helpful, the breakfast is delicious, with many options, and the bedroom it's comfortable and cute, the bed good, so I would say everything here is created and evoke in you a nice feeling, I was in a shared gilr's room with bathroom inside, the only bad thing is the bathroom doesn't have a locker...this is a bit annoying, just it. Perfect place to stay in Florence...

Nice place. Needs more cutlery and crockery in the kitchen. Otherwise your run of the mill hostel.

Nice hostel, excellent location

• 1st Aug 2014

Extreamely BAD and Terrible

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Thailand

dear diloktam, our hostel is in the very centre of venice, we offer the chepest accomodation in town, our guest can reserve severall kinds of rooms, we offer free city map, free luggage deposit on arrival and departure, free wifi, free bording pass printing, a kitchen open all day, a very close supermarket, friendly and young staff, many ourside areas in which everybody can relax, we daily clean all rooms and common areas.. we honestly don't understand your comment and scores... the manager

Loved staying here especially for the location. Kitchen is great and the gardens give the place a nice atmosphere. Bathrooms could use a bit of and update but they were decently clean.

Wifi isn't working on my phone

Was a nice hostel in a good location. We enjoyed our stay

유럽여행 호스텔 5군데중 최악이었어요. 산타루치아 역에서 가깝긴했지만 돌계단으로 된 다리를 무거운 캐리어들고 몇번을 건너야 했던지...방은 불도 안들어오고 락커는 잠기지도않고 감옥같은 분위기였어요. 베드버그는 없었는데 괜히 간지러웠고 헤어드라이어가 전부 합쳐서 한개래요. 일체형 샤워기였고 샤워실 좁았고 여자전용 화장실 샤워실이었는데 남자들이 지나다니면서 볼수있는 구조였어요. 다시 베니스가면 안가려구요. 그나마 리셉션 친절한 편이었어요.

This hostel was very good. I really enjoyed my stay here. Staff were friendly and helpful. It was a little expensive, but for the location it was perfection! I would definitely stay here again.

• 30th Jul 2014