Ostello San Filippo Neri Reviews

Via Santa Orsola, 48/52, Modena, Italy

The rooms are a bit bright. We asked for a double bed but got 2 singles but it was okay in the end. Only stayed for 2 nights and we enjoyed Modena very much.

the location is good enough, because Modena is small. The rooms are extremely hot with no AC and a small fan. the staff is only helpful if you speak Italian, as they speak very little English. Very dated hostel, my locker didn't work so had to switch rooms, they didn't have my bathroom labeled properly and only one girl knew where my bathroom was so it took a while before I could shower... would never recommend this place, stay somewhere else for the extra 2-4€

It genuinely felt like I was staying on a building site. There was scaffolding and painters in, with staff preoccupied with IKEA furniture, as opposed to checking me in. Most communal areas were closed off. Bathroom was also falling to bits, and very dirty. Hostel didn't feel overly safe either, as my fellow room mate was acting very strangely. Location though was good, and very close to the station

Only to mention that it will be great to have breakfast in the hostel. The kitchen is big enough and people will be happy to have breakfast in side , instead of lucky for a place early in the morning. Obviously increasing the price. Many thank M. Ubri

Amazing gem of a hostel on Lake Como with great views and easy accessibility to the ferry. Very clean and great dinner deals. This was the perfect place to explore the charming towns around the lake. I would definitely recommend this hostel to budget-minded travelers.