Ostello San Filippo Neri Reviews

Via Santa Orsola, 48/52, Modena, Italy

It was very hot, no air con, fan that was ok but only for 2 of us as Others in room not in direct line of the breeze created. Appeared to be some permanent residents and some were very noisy and as it was too hot to shut Windows this was a problem. Also had booked in a 3 bed room and there were 4.

If you are going in the winter, it should be fine, since I went during summer without any AC and I couldnt sleep. Furthermore, there was a creepy 60 years old guys sleeping in same bedroom (how come that be possible hahaha). But if you are going to stay one night just to visit Modena, it may come in hand, but be aware of the heat!

The rooms are a bit bright. We asked for a double bed but got 2 singles but it was okay in the end. Only stayed for 2 nights and we enjoyed Modena very much.

Quiet hostel, not a good place for individuals to meet other travellers. Mostly and older crowd who only spoke Italian. Neither of my roommates spoke any English. Nice, clean hostel though with a good kitchen, located close to good shopping.

the location is good enough, because Modena is small. The rooms are extremely hot with no AC and a small fan. the staff is only helpful if you speak Italian, as they speak very little English. Very dated hostel, my locker didn't work so had to switch rooms, they didn't have my bathroom labeled properly and only one girl knew where my bathroom was so it took a while before I could shower... would never recommend this place, stay somewhere else for the extra 2-4€

It genuinely felt like I was staying on a building site. There was scaffolding and painters in, with staff preoccupied with IKEA furniture, as opposed to checking me in. Most communal areas were closed off. Bathroom was also falling to bits, and very dirty. Hostel didn't feel overly safe either, as my fellow room mate was acting very strangely. Location though was good, and very close to the station

Only to mention that it will be great to have breakfast in the hostel. The kitchen is big enough and people will be happy to have breakfast in side , instead of lucky for a place early in the morning. Obviously increasing the price. Many thank M. Ubri