Ostello San Frediano

8.0
Fabulous 536 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
11th Feb 2017

I enjoyed my stay in Lucca, the best part of this hostel has to be the very friendly man on the reception unfortunately I didnt catch his name but he was so welcoming and very helpful! The hostel is well located and easy to find with the directions given although it is a long walk with a heavy bag! Overall the hostel is nice, slightly dated but it's a property with history. Thankyou to the very friendly receptionist! :)

24th Oct 2016
6.0

This is the only hostel in Lucca, and that is the only reason I stayed here. For 25 euro a night for a dorm room for 8, that is a complete rip off. The wifi only reaches the lounge, not the rooms...which is unacceptable for me. The bathroom lighting was odd, and it always had a wet floor. The bed was comfy and I had my own large locker, but other than this, the booking isn't a deal at all.

9th Oct 2016

In a competition for "hostels with the highest ceilings" this place would almost certainly win. The dorms are of fairly standard size though you have to walk through some absolute caverns to get to them. A perfectly good hostel with very helpful staff and a great buffet style breakfast in the morning. A good place to go back to after a day seeing the old town and the location is very close to the Piazza dell'Anfiteatro and it's restaurants and cafes. I'd happily stay here again.