Ostello San Frediano Reviews

Via della Cavallerizza 12, Lucca, Italy

Great beautiful place, best location, the staff is super nice!!

• 23rd Aug 2015

Ciao, thank you for your great review, we really appreciate it. With the hope of welcoming you in Lucca again, we wish you all the best. Best regards, The staff

Beautiful location, restaurant was fantastic. Rooms were very large and lovely to stay in.

Was a cheap, conveniently located place to stop off in Lucca for the night. A really nice building though there was no point where I came close to having a conversation with anyone. Seemed to be a real mix of ages and group sizes there.

This former convent is a gem. There are spacious rooms and common areas. A nice restaurant with a grand garden is attached, and the free breakfast is generous.

Hi Christopher, thank you so much for this really good review and nice words. We really hope to welcoming you in Lucca again. Best regards, The staff

This was a really great place to stay, the staff were friendly, the facilities were great and the breakfast provide was an actual breakfast for once. However, the place came across as more of a hotel rather than a hostel, so it really lacked the backpacker atmosphere which is expected of a hostel. Though, other than that, my stay was excellent.

In the centre of Lucca which is great. The hostel is very big, and has a outdoor space. At the time I went didn't appear to have much going on there.

I absolutely LOVED this place! From the super friendly and helpful staff to the spacious and clean rooms with giant lockers, everything was great! Perfect location. Lots of spacious common rooms all with their own deco style. Good restaurant with great FREE breakfast every morning! And most notably: the big garden at the back. Perfect to chill out in the afternoon, read a book, or have a drink after dinner with friends you've just made. I'd live there! Just go and you'll see for yourself!

The staff was very friendly and the beer garden was pretty neat. Location is great. The bathrooms were not very clean though.

Although the hostel is about a 15 minute walk from the train station, the walk through Lucca is definitely worth it. The hostel courtyard is delightful and I spend many hours enjoying the balmy evening here and watching people as they enjoyed walking and riding around the old city wall (the convent is nestled up against the wall) Breakfast is very generous with fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, bread, cold meat and cheese. I would highly recommend staying here.

A wonderful place from which to explore Lucca. A renovated monastery as well-appointed as most 3-star hotelss. Spacious and quiet; lovely gardens, cafe.

This is a huge building that's been converted into a hostel! There's a big garden out back where hostel goers can have breakfast, drinks in the evening, or just relax. The staff are really nice and flexible and it's an incredible deal for staying in Tuscany. The bathrooms can smell a little and aren't spick and span, but it's a hostel...so you can't expect it to be, in my opinion. I also really like that this hostel has communal spaces with wifi where you can meet other people!

• 23rd Jul 2015

Good hospitality, and atmosphere. At this hostel, the room was spacious with several coomon areas including an outdoor area. The location is excellent.

Staying in this old restored monastery was beautiful. Rooms were light and airy and very clean. The garden is a place to relax in comfortable wicker lounges and the food in the restaurant is excellent. Perfect location to explore Tuscany so had to extend my stay. Will be returning to Lucca and San Frediano again one day!

This is a great place, it is located in what was a convent in the 17th century. Staff are nice. It is huge and a great place to just explore. The lounge spaces are nice. Very clean! Internet only works in these lounge areas and not in the rooms (not a problem). The breakfast provided is fantastic! Even the staff in the restaurant are very kind, the garden area is beautiful. Overall it is great! I would love to stay here again and will definitely recommend to others!

No air conditioning in rooms, impossible to sleep at night in heat. Only a select few rooms get portable fans. No wifi in rooms only on main floor. No housekeeping really, both mens and females washrooms had no toilet paper for over a day, had to notify staff. Breakfast buffet was mehhh.... Nothing to write home about at the end of the day. Staff was kind and nice not super helpful. Wouldnt reccomend.

Hi Daniel, thank you for the review, we'r sorry ou couldn't enjoy your stay such as the meyority of our guests.We'd like to put airco, but we can't 'cause we are in an historical building, and the we put fans. Wifi works in all the common areas on the three floors and even in the garden. We've daily cleaning until noon, that day they just forgot to put paper and it won't happen again, I personally put the paper as soon as we notice it. Peolpe enjoys our breakfast, but we'r working to improve it.

The hostel was fairly nice. Of course, the whole hostel is fairly hilarious because it is so large and empty. There really was no way to meet people becuase the place is too large to run into anybody. But, I felt safe sleeping there. There was some huge wedding in the courtyard outside our house the first night that went on until 2 AM, and since it was summer in Italy and the room had no air conditioning, we were forced to choose between overheating by closing the windows or not sleeping.

I really liked the huge beer garden and common areas but it does feel very empty as there is so much common space. The bathrooms and dorms were great very clean! Staff were really helpful and the breakfast spread was good value