Ostello San Frediano Reviews

Via della Cavallerizza 12, Lucca, Italy

The hostel is very well located within the walls of Lucca, 15 minutes walk from train and bus stations. The building is quite big, being a convent in the past. For the same reason the atmosphere is quite "cold" but in my case it could have depended from being there in low season. However, due to low season again, I've been upgraded to a 4 beds private room where I was the only guest! Breakfast is included and offers a good quantity, quality and variety of options. Staff was kind and helpfull.

Fantastic location, beautiful historic building, helpful staff, warm and comfortable room, clean bathrooms, decent breakfast...Overall I really liked it, and would happily stay there again. As a solo traveller I felt a bit lonely at times, as it felt more like a big empty hotel than a backpacker hostel, but perhaps it would feel different at another time of year.

HI Alexandra, thank you for your great review and nice words. We really hope to welcoming you also in summer or spring time, when we organize also some concerts ans shows in our garden, and then we are sure that you will have an experience 100% positive. Bes regards, Th staff

The man was very helpful and offered me advice on where to go and was always happy to answer any questions. Rooms were clean although the shower leaked out into the bathroom. Great location in a lovely Piazza and right next to the ramparts. Fun music in the garden in the evenings and good wifi zones with sofas. Would definitely stay here again.

Hi Camilla, thank you so much for your great review, we are really glad that you enjoy your stay here and the events we organized in the garden. With the hope of welcoming you one more time in Lucca soon, we wish you a really good day. Best regards, The staff

I liked the hostel it was very clean and I liked the fact the restrooms were down the hall and each room had their own which elevated crowding.

• 23rd Sep 2015

Dear Jagpaal, thank you very much for the great review and nic words. We really hope to welcoming you again in Lucca. The staff

Very unique and cool place to stay that kind of reminded me of Hogwarts. Although it was a little hard to find in the dark, it was beautiful. Wifi was spotty at best, but considering the hostel is a large and historic building, this was not surprising. Great breakfast. Kind and helpful staff.

Great beautiful place, best location, the staff is super nice!!

• 23rd Aug 2015

Ciao, thank you for your great review, we really appreciate it. With the hope of welcoming you in Lucca again, we wish you all the best. Best regards, The staff

Beautiful location, restaurant was fantastic. Rooms were very large and lovely to stay in.

Was a cheap, conveniently located place to stop off in Lucca for the night. A really nice building though there was no point where I came close to having a conversation with anyone. Seemed to be a real mix of ages and group sizes there.

This former convent is a gem. There are spacious rooms and common areas. A nice restaurant with a grand garden is attached, and the free breakfast is generous.

Hi Christopher, thank you so much for this really good review and nice words. We really hope to welcoming you in Lucca again. Best regards, The staff