Ostello San Frediano Reviews

Via della Cavallerizza 12, Lucca, Italy

Although the hostel is about a 15 minute walk from the train station, the walk through Lucca is definitely worth it. The hostel courtyard is delightful and I spend many hours enjoying the balmy evening here and watching people as they enjoyed walking and riding around the old city wall (the convent is nestled up against the wall) Breakfast is very generous with fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, bread, cold meat and cheese. I would highly recommend staying here.

A wonderful place from which to explore Lucca. A renovated monastery as well-appointed as most 3-star hotelss. Spacious and quiet; lovely gardens, cafe.

This is a huge building that's been converted into a hostel! There's a big garden out back where hostel goers can have breakfast, drinks in the evening, or just relax. The staff are really nice and flexible and it's an incredible deal for staying in Tuscany. The bathrooms can smell a little and aren't spick and span, but it's a hostel...so you can't expect it to be, in my opinion. I also really like that this hostel has communal spaces with wifi where you can meet other people!

• 23rd Jul 2015

Staying in this old restored monastery was beautiful. Rooms were light and airy and very clean. The garden is a place to relax in comfortable wicker lounges and the food in the restaurant is excellent. Perfect location to explore Tuscany so had to extend my stay. Will be returning to Lucca and San Frediano again one day!

This is a great place, it is located in what was a convent in the 17th century. Staff are nice. It is huge and a great place to just explore. The lounge spaces are nice. Very clean! Internet only works in these lounge areas and not in the rooms (not a problem). The breakfast provided is fantastic! Even the staff in the restaurant are very kind, the garden area is beautiful. Overall it is great! I would love to stay here again and will definitely recommend to others!

No air conditioning in rooms, impossible to sleep at night in heat. Only a select few rooms get portable fans. No wifi in rooms only on main floor. No housekeeping really, both mens and females washrooms had no toilet paper for over a day, had to notify staff. Breakfast buffet was mehhh.... Nothing to write home about at the end of the day. Staff was kind and nice not super helpful. Wouldnt reccomend.

Hi Daniel, thank you for the review, we'r sorry ou couldn't enjoy your stay such as the meyority of our guests.We'd like to put airco, but we can't 'cause we are in an historical building, and the we put fans. Wifi works in all the common areas on the three floors and even in the garden. We've daily cleaning until noon, that day they just forgot to put paper and it won't happen again, I personally put the paper as soon as we notice it. Peolpe enjoys our breakfast, but we'r working to improve it.

I really liked the huge beer garden and common areas but it does feel very empty as there is so much common space. The bathrooms and dorms were great very clean! Staff were really helpful and the breakfast spread was good value