Ostello Tramonti Reviews

Via Fabio Filzi 110, Biassa, Cinque Terre, Italy

The hostel is on the top of a windy road from la spezia and can only be accessed by a bus that comes once an hour. This is definitely a no frills hostel- big lack of decoration or much of anything to create an inviting atmosphere. The beds were creaky and uncomfortable- I would describe this hostel as shabby overall. The staff provided us with logistical information when we arrived but generally seemed uninterested in the guests. The shuttle to riomaggiore (€1.5 each) was useful.

• 26th May 2015

Fantastic. Great value. Really relaxed and helpful staff. In house chef is fantastic. Everyone goes out of their way to help. Would recommend to anyone.

• 25th May 2015

We were pleasantly surprised by our stay at Ostello Tramonte. I actually liked it better than staying in a Cinque Terre town because it was tucked away from mobs of tourists and in a beautiful location. Reserve the shuttle to Riomaggiore ahead of time. We tried to reserve it a few hours before we wanted to leave and it was all full, so we had to wait two hours until the public bus came. If you stay here planning transportation is a must. Dinner was AWESOME.

great place to stay if visiting the cinque terre, very good price, clean, great staff and the shuttle service is perfect. breakfast and dinner can bought at the hostel and the cooking is just great and definitely the cheapest when comapred to the towns restaurants. atmosphere is great and the view from the terrace (eating area) is wonderful. easy to get to and as long as you read the description before booking you should not have any problems. after 0100 everything was always quite.

• 21st May 2015
  • Malta

Fantastic stay! Amazing food- definitely recommend eating dinner here. Location is a short drive to the main towns of Cinque Terre however the shuttle service is fantastic, easy and convenient. Would and will definitely stay here again!!

Excellent. It's not walking distance from Cinque Terre, but it's as close as you'll get and there was a cheap shuttle service in morning and late night. Staff was fantastic, helpful and flexible. Breakfast not free but very decent. Rooms and bathrooms were clean. I stayed in mixed dorm.

this hostel was great! luckily, our room was next to the common room so we had wifi in the room but heard of some friends who didn't get wifi. Diego ( I think that was his name) was really kind to us when we arrived, we were starving and he offered to cook for us because it was between lunch and dinner and everything in the area was closed. the food was also really good which is great because you don't have to leave for dinner after hiking cinque terre all day.

It was a nice place to stay at. They had shuttle service to riomaggiore which was very helpful and cheap (1 euro).

Only 2 power points in a 4 Bed Dorm. Shuttle bus is a necessity but it has a bad fitting with the train schedule. Staff didn't seem happy to be there and to help, although they did help. Only hostel during my holiday where breakfast was not included. Bought my own. Other guests were waiting for paid breakfast which should open at 7:45am. It never did in those 4 nights I was there although the sign said 7:45am. It opened past 8am which makes you hurry for the bus. Showers were small and dirty.

We are sorry if you felt that about the staff, we always try to help our guests.. Breakfast is not included because the price of the room is very low, considering the area..

Loved my stay here! The small town is a nice get away from the large tourist crowds and is very pretty itself. (Plus you got a beautiful view driving to town in the morning) The bathrooms were kept clean throughout the day (huge thing for me) and the atmosphere made it easy to meet people! Staff was always kind and eager to help. The only 'complaint' (being super picky here) is that the showers are extremely small, but everything else was perfect. Would highly recommend to any solo backpackers!

I have visited Cinque Terre before and loved it. This was the only hostel that had openings for my dates. I would recommend that you don't stay here and instead stay at a hostel located actually within one of the villages. It was a giant hassle to have to wait for a shuttle bus to come pick us up. The beds are very hard and the rooms were smelly. The wifi only works outside the lobby which was a pain. The bathrooms were very dirty and the drain clogged up so bad I was standing in a foot of water

Please don't say that it was the only hostel with availability for your dates as you booked one month in advance for just one night, you had all the possibility to book a hostel in one of the 5 towns.. You had to wait for the shuttle to pick you up because you didn't book it. It's understandable that the bathrooms weren't spotless at the end of the day with 60 people in the hostel..

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were helpful and it was clean. The beds were comfortable. The shuttle bus to Riomaggiore was really convenient. I would have liked if there was a kitchen to cook in as this would have saved me money. However, the chef was excellent and the prices of breakfast and dinner wasn't too bad.

This is a good hostel and the staff are friendly with lots of information. The lockers are great and they can provide you with a padlock if you don't have one yourself. the shuttle bus was really fab, and so it's okay that it's not in the centre. Bathrooms aren't the cleanest, but weren't unusable either. Only thing that slightly put me off was the the walls aren't sound proof and people in the public areas were really loud until about 12/1am, playing music and not really thinking about it!

Thank you so much for the experience. Sorry to Diego if I was any inconvenience. I look forward to seeing you all again. -Adam

Ciao! No inconvenience at all,during your stay.You've been an excellent guest. My best regards,Diego

I loved my stay at Ostello Tramonti. It's located in a beautiful little village very close to Cinque Terre. It's easy to get to and they offer a convenient shuttle service which takes you directly from the hostel to Riomaggiore. The staff were super friendly and explained all the things to do in the area and places to see. They were more than happy to answer any questions. The hostel is very clean and safe and very comfortable - I felt at home. The restaurant is also amazing and very cheap!

• 13th May 2015

My stay at ostello tramonti was really really great. It's situated in a small lovely village called Biassa (5 minutes away from the Cinque Terre). The sorroundings are really picturesque! It's such a green place, very convenient to get in contact with nature. The hostel was very clean, and the staff are really helpful. They are always there to give you a hand and answer everything you ask. I can highly reccommend this hostel to everyone, especially those nature lovers. :)

• 13th May 2015
  • Uruguay

Fantastic location for hiking- not so much for late meals in the town, although the hostel's own restaurant is pretty fantastic! Staff really knowledgable about best trails, special thanks to Davide who was the most helpful of all! : ) Only small niggle is no kitchen for guests.

Everything was perfect there, i will reccomend this fantastic hostel to everyone..

• 12th May 2015

Perfect place to stay for exploring Cinque Terre national park, the hostel is located a few minutes away from Riomaggiore and the village is very nice and relaxing. It was very clean and the staff were all nice and friendly.. I reccomend also breakfast and dinner for very reasonable prices.. I will come back

• 12th May 2015
  • Argentina

Not in one of the villages, but a very convenient shuttle service is offered morning & evening to Riomaggiore, or you can take the public bus. Beautiful dining room with a view; great place to meet people and eat together. Staff are very helpful with advice for hikes - if you have time I recommend hiking to Portovenere (4hrs but worth it). Best part was Nico's breakfasts & dinners - delicious & affordable. Bed & washrooms were small/ basic but fits with the vibe of 5T...just go with it & enjoy!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4