Ostello Tramonti Reviews

Via Fabio Filzi 110, Biassa, Cinque Terre, Italy

Most of the staff were friendly, however I found one of the members at the desk to be incredibly rude when I arrived. I stayed in several hostels in Italy and never had any issue with this except here. I talked to other travelers though, many of whom said they didn't have a problem with him. He also was friendly the following day so maybe I just caught him at a bad time. While not in cinque terre they do have shuttles that run very frequently so you can get to riommagiore when you'd like

The rude guy took his car to drive (just you) to Riomaggiore in the afternoon, and also didn't charge you for the second night even if you cancelled on late. I can not believe you wrote that...

I had most amazing time at video, I'll definately recommend it!

• 29th Jul 2015

Staff makes it very easy to get to Cinque Terre and back, and it was nice to be out of the crowd a little bit. The food is great!

Hostel is situated in extremely small town called Biassa. It is at least 15 minutes drive to Riomaggiore; the first town of Cinque Terre. Hostel was generally very good. Nice common area, computers free for use, great staff (one even drove me to the train station when the bus didn't come!) but breakfast wasn't included, wifi was dodgy in certain areas and next time round, I will stay in Cinque Terre instead. Nice hostel for Biassa visitors though.

The shuttle bus to the main town is very reliable, so don't let location make your decision. The breakfast is delicious as well, and only 4 euros. But the best part about this hostel is definitely the staff. Andrea especially. He gave me detailed descriptions on how to get to two amazing hikes during my stay. And while I was there, I got into an unlucky situation and Andrea really went above and beyond to help me out, more than I would expect from someone. He has restored my faith in humanity.

• 28th Jul 2015

Had an amazing experience hiking from the village to Portovenere!!!!!

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Russia

It's really cheap for the cinque terre area but the main and probably important con to consider is distance. You really need to be sure you have a way to get to and from the hostel. The hostel offers a shuttle but you need to know where it lets off and the schedule or you'll be stranded in Cinque Terre or La Spezia and will need alternate (and more expensive) transportation . A pro is that you can hike to Porto Venere, which is an underrated town nearby worth seeing. OK hostel, but not amazing.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, we don't leave our guests stranded in Riomaggiore or La Spezia, we will always find a way to come back to the hostel.. We hope to see you again..

I really enjoyed my trip here. I didn't want to leave. The staff were all really nice and amazing. It's not right at Cinque Terre, but I didn't mind because they provide a shuttle service to guests in the AM & PM. Up on the mountain, which is actually quite nice. I would go back and I would recommend this to my friends! Ciao 😁

A nice, clean hostel. The staff need to be a little bit more flexible, as we found that we had to plan our day around their regulations. A great shuttle service provided by the hostel for 1 euro into Cinque Terre, although this can get booked up quickly. Public transport is available outside the hostel but not very frequent. The breakfasts were amazing and great value. We would recommend this hostel for travellers.

Awesome hostel. I booked for 3 nights and extending to 5 nights. Located in the beautiful hills of Biassa, this is a perfect place to call home while touring the Cinque Terre. Very convenient shuttle service to Riomaggoria. The staff are really accommodating and go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. Great atmosphere and super easy to meet people. Onsite restaurant with an amazing chef! The meals are a great value! Clean rooms with huge lockers. Very fun and highly recommended!

Breakfast not included, location is far from Cinque Terre by foot but there is a shuttle bus available for a 1 euro fee so it's easy to get to the villages. Good environment, though facilities lacked cleanliness - there was a fly infestation in the hallway and the showers were very dirty. Beds were reasonably comfortable, and the lounge and eating areas had a lovely scenic view.

I definitely recommend staying here. The staff was absolutely incredible. So helpful, so funny, so easy to talk to. The hostel isn't located in one of the five port towns, but the shuttle and bus services make it easily accessible. My favorite part of my stay here was that when I arrived, the staff had mapped out my days with them. They gave me the top suggestions for each day and marked my hiking trails. They suggested things to see, eat and do and I was really impressed by the effort of this.

hostel is a bit far from Cinque terre but they organize shuttle bus everyday so its not a big deal. Breakfast and diner was cheap and very good. would definitely recommand. Only issue would be no a/c and during summer its a bit hard to sleep. would come back though.

Really great staff, to be peeky I could of use more time for the shuttle but it was free so...

Hostel was ok. The transportation to Riomaggiore was great. The hostel is fairly clean but at night there were lots of bugs everywhere which wasn't very pleasant. The chefs food was amazing and convenient to have right in the hostel. It was also very hot in the rooms at night and the wifi only worked in common rooms.

great little hostel! very easy to get to the 5 main towns as they do a bus to and from every day. would definitely reccommend!

We only stayed for one night and it was fine. You get a locker to lock your stuff in so that was nice. It is a really small town- like 400 people so not really anything around, but we took the shuttle into Cinque Terre pretty early in the morning so it was fine. The have laundry which is nice. Bathrooms were fine but there want one in our room just in the hall to share.

I will come back!

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

The hostel staff was extremely friendly and accommodating (even hanging my laundry to dry for me when I needed to catch a shuttle!). Luca, a shuttle driver, was very helpful, as well--dropping me off at a bus stop so that I could check out Portovenere. Even though not in Cinque Terre, Biassa itself is beautiful and the staff works hard to ensure you get to and from 5T at your convenience.

This hostel is in a very quiet village so location as most others have pointed out isn't the best but the hostel does provide a shuttle service to the major towns which is nice. Also the hostel provides very basic living facilities, ie one power outlet per room, 3 showers in total, 3 toilets, this to me doesn't represent fantastic value for money.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your opinion. There are two power outlets per room and you can always ask to us for a power strip. There are 8 showers and 8 toilets in the hostel (5 on the 1st floor and 3 on the 2nd floor). We are by far the cheapest accommodation in the area.. We hope to see you again.

View all Cinque Terre Hostels