Ostello Tramonti Reviews

Via Fabio Filzi 110, Biassa, Cinque Terre, Italy

DO NOT TRY TO WALK TO THIS HOSTEL!!! It's 4+ miles up steep twisting&winding mountain roads from the city. There is a shuttle bus that will take you as per the hostels instructions, or alternatively there are taxis. Expensive, but worth it if the only other option is walking. Also, don't order the 'Happy Meal' box from the restaurant upstairs- total ripoff. The hostel itself was fantastic otherwise. Just a bit, ehm.. out of the way.

Awkward location - a bus ride from La Spezia and another bus ride from the first villages of Cinque Terre. Don't remember any staff members being particularly friendly, but the food served at the kitchen (though not cheap), was very authentic and delicious! I would consider actually staying in one of the five villages next time I visit Cinque Terre

Very nice hostel. A bit out of the way for what we were looking for, but the staff does a nice job of supplementing public bus routes with shuttles into Riomaggiore (the first village in cinque terre, where trains run between towns consistently). Beds were adequate, facilities clean, and staff friendly. The cook was GREAT and took pride in what he did, so if you're looking for a relatively cheap dinner (and open late) you could do a lot worse than eating at the hostel!

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Tons of young people. Lots were from English speaking countries. The bus drops you off right in from of the hostel. Dinner looked amazing but it was out of my price rage. If you can afford to "splurge" Do it. Breakfast was very nice, fresh but not exactly filling. I found the staff to be quite pleasant. The location of the hostel was beautiful and quiet. My only CONs were the church bells and they didn't have extra pillows. Recommended hostel!

Great staff, food is amazing.

The rooms were clean and nice, though i noticed no information in advance that you should bring your own lock for the lockers. Enough of bathroom facilities, a bit mouldy showers but ok.Good atmosphere and friendly staff. Nice location, Biassa is a beautiful village to visit for a few hours :)

Amazing staff! We decided to stay another night and couldn't get in. They hooked us up with locals down the road and it was such an amazing experience. Great chef at this hostel!! You will get beautiful views with great Italian food. Loved it!!

Excellent value & would stay again! Know this: The location of the hostel requires juggling a complicated & limited bus schedule every day to reach or leave the hostel. The hostel has rules that require extra planning on your part, so read your email. Re. the other reviews: beds are soft, not of poor quality; ventilation is subpar in some rooms, but the hostel is vigorously cleaned daily; Wi-Fi is slow but works in common areas; & overworked staff are as friendly as you are to them. Recommended!

Thanks a lot for this review, we appreciate.Ciao

Staff are friendly and helpful, and the shuttle service to Riomaggiore is really useful. Toilets are kept clean throughout he day. The chef cooks really nice dinner. You can't expect more when you pay such a price in Cinque Terre area. I'll definitely come back.

My stay at Ostello Tramonti was great! The staff are helpful and excellent, and it attracts a great and diverse group of travelers. I spent a week there and was able to not only spend several days at Cinque Terre, but I also had plenty of time and confidence to make day trips to cities outside thanks to the wonderful shuttle service they offer! I have no complaints - Grazie mile xxo

• 31st May 2015

Thanks for your nice review, we hope to see you again!!

Staff was great and the in house chef is amazing!!

My first time in a hostel with girls i didnt know was not bad at all. I really like this hostel and would come back to it if i ever return to cinque terre

The staff at this hostel were super helpful and nice. They were knowledgeable about the Cinque Terre area and answered all the questions I had regarding certain trails and cities. In addition, they offer shuttle service both to Riomaggiore everyday and La Spezia on holidays and Sundays. Overall I had a great time staying at this hostel and would definitely do it again.

Because of the shuttles provided the location is good for getting to Cinque Terre, but it is tricky getting there initially. 3 showers on second floor were all faulty - one had a bad door, another no water pressure, and the third didn't drain and flooded the floor. Not enough outlets in rooms; a power bar is really needed. Otherwise a comfortable stay.

The hostel is on the top of a windy road from la spezia and can only be accessed by a bus that comes once an hour. This is definitely a no frills hostel- big lack of decoration or much of anything to create an inviting atmosphere. The beds were creaky and uncomfortable- I would describe this hostel as shabby overall. The staff provided us with logistical information when we arrived but generally seemed uninterested in the guests. The shuttle to riomaggiore (€1.5 each) was useful.

• 26th May 2015

I ask to hostelworld to cancel the word "shabby" from this comment. We're interested to our guests,always, also when they arrive disappointed like you and your friends.

Great hostel in Biassa! Such a gorgeous Italian town! Hostel were very helpful with advice about Cinque Terre and the shuttle service running from the hostel to and from Riomaggiore made getting to Cinque Terre too easy! Hostel facilities were good and clean!

Fantastic. Great value. Really relaxed and helpful staff. In house chef is fantastic. Everyone goes out of their way to help. Would recommend to anyone.

• 25th May 2015

Very checp and nice place to stay in Chinque Terra area, also away from hoards of tourists. Must try a dinner that is served at the place - very good and value for money. Loved the shuttle service.

We were pleasantly surprised by our stay at Ostello Tramonte. I actually liked it better than staying in a Cinque Terre town because it was tucked away from mobs of tourists and in a beautiful location. Reserve the shuttle to Riomaggiore ahead of time. We tried to reserve it a few hours before we wanted to leave and it was all full, so we had to wait two hours until the public bus came. If you stay here planning transportation is a must. Dinner was AWESOME.

Very quant atmosphere , very clean, good breakfast food/buffet

View all Cinque Terre Hostels