Ostello Tramonti Reviews

Via Fabio Filzi 110, Biassa, Cinque Terre, Italy

Excellent shuttle service to and from Riomaggiore. Clean quarters and most of all, super friendly and helpful staff! Would definitely recommend this hostel to people looking to travel to Cinque Terre.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Located in a very cute town. Rooms are clean, staff was very helpful! Shuttle is good except fills up a lot so you end up having to pay for the city bus instead - would recommend them running more shuttles when needed. Laundry only 1 euro and works well :) Only down side is theres no real grocery store or cooking facilities so you have to eat out or at the hostel "restaurant" which isn't the greatest so made our stay a lot more pricey because we like to cook our own meals. wifi was pretty good

Best hostel I have ever stayed in!!! Thr staff were are highlight - they were friendly and cool, giving us lifts places in their own cars for fun, and the hostel was really clean and comfortable, with a wonderful view. Seriously stay here - you won't regret it!

Great hostel! Food was great. Hang out area was huge. The shuttle's made life extremely easy. The staff helped us with everything. Couldn't have asked for anything more highly recommend going here when in Cinque terre

• 18th Jun 2014

The hostel bar was so loud that this was the worst two nights of sleep I had my tire eurotrip. Wish I had stayed in one within the five villages.

we are sorry if you could not sleep well, the most important thing for us is to ensure a quiet place to sleep..

Best hostel i have been to!! Staff is so friendly and helpful, great shuttle service to the sea. Biassa is a lovely and peaceful town, i will definitely come back!!

• 18th Jun 2014

The staff here are awesome. I would stay here again.

Good: free shuttle if you stay 3 nights or more. Clean sheets, a fridge and microwave, some very helpful staff. Bad: Beds feel like they are going to fall over, they are also very squeaky, we had a small child staying in the room next to us - which woke me up at 2am!!! The kid continued to scream the entire stay. Then on our last night there was a screaming baby! Food you can buy there is overpriced for the size of the portions. Bathrooms need new locks. I wouldn't stay here again.

we are sorry if you have been disturbed by the child but it's not our fault.. A pizza margherita costs 3.50 euro and pasta 5 euro so not overpriced at all(compared with italian prices). All the bathrooms are lockable..

Though the hostel was situated away from La spezia, the shuttle service provided was really efficient and helpful in getting to cinque terre. The breakfast was pretty good but the best part of the hostel was the friendliness of the staff! They briefed us about how to get around Cinque Terre and even went out of their way to drive us to La spezia to catch our train. Only minus side of the hostel was the location of our room beside the road hence we were constantly disturbed by the engines.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Good place to stay out of cinque terre, shuttles take you in and out every day which is great. Good rooms and facilities

Very helpful and kind staff, good atmosphere. Shuttle services facilitate access to Riomaggiore (it takes 15 minutes). I would definately suggest this hostel!

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

I enjoyed my 8 nights stay at Ostello Tramonti and would recommend staying there. I am a hiker and the hostel is right on the edge of the Cinque Terre National Park in the lovely village of Biacca. It is possible to start hiking right from the hostel or catch the hostels van to Riomaggiore where there is a good train service between the villages on the coast. All the staff were friendly and helpful especially Annia O and Andrea. I cannot wait to return for some more of La Dolce Vita!

• 11th Jun 2014

Grazie simon, we hope to see you again!!

Nice clean hostel, a 10 minute shuttle ride away from Riomaggiore (and the views are fantastic on the ride down). There is no kitchen for guests to use, but meals at the hostel's cafe are reasonably priced and tasty. We did have one unfortunate experience during our stay with the older gentleman on the staff, perhaps the owner, who actually yelled and swore at us and several other guests for missing our shuttle ride (which was totally our fault, but his reaction was absurd and upsetting).

Thanks for the gentleman. The next time I'll be less kind and you'll pay 30 euro for the taxi.

The hostel smelled like cigarettes a lot which was not good. Clean showers and bathrooms. Great lounge upstairs with yummy food! The shuttle service was good but we were not told we had to pay for it until we were paying our bill when we left so that wasn't very nice.

You can read in the description: the shuttle service costs 1 euro per way (if you stay less than three nights).. It's not true that the hostel smelled like cigarettes.

Excellent, thank you.

Overall a great place to stay, staff were nice and directions pretty clear. Just note it's not in a main town, it's further uphill in a nearby village, which is impossible to walk to. We missed our train and hence missed the last shuttle, hence we had to cab from La Spezia station, which costs €20. But they sympathized with us and generously waives all the shuttle fee we had! Cinque terre is so beautiful!

The best thing about Ostello Tramonti is the shuttle rides to Cinque Terre, which is absolutely worth it! Be careful not to start or end your stay here on a Sunday though unless you want to pay for a taxi to get here. The bus is cheap, but doesn't run on Sunday.

Great hostel, fantastic staff, very good location. We stayed 4 nights and this was the best part of our trip around Italy. Staff is really helpful and they give you good advices about places to visit near by.

Grazie, we hope to see you again...

Hostel is a bit far from Riomaggiore but there is actually a hike you can do to get down there from the hostel. Would def recommend it! Overall great hostel; very clean, lots of facilities. You can't check in until after 2:30pm so I would recommend that you plan accordingly. Riomaggiore is also beautiful!! Was my favorite of the three towns I saw (Vernazza and Monterosso as well).

The only bad point was not having a guest kitchen, other than than that I thing everything else was great. They provide you with a shuttle to Cinque Terre, food is cheap and good. The latte was excellent and cost less than one euro. Staff is warm and helpful. Beds are clean and comfortable. I t is the best value for money in Cinque Terre.

View all Cinque Terre Hostels