Ostello Tramonti Reviews

Via Fabio Filzi 110, Biassa, Cinque Terre, Italy

The staff is helpful and friendly. The hostel claims that it's no party hostel, and that's true, but it is very loud there also in the evenings because the voices from lobby can be heard in rooms. I didn't mind though, cause I'm used to ear plugs. The food served at hostel restaurant is VERY tasty, BUT after several hours of hiking a day it's not enough. Breakfast was way too sweet for my taste - would wish for more salty stuff. A decent place to stay and Biassa is very beautiful village.

Really great location. I loved the free shuttle that the hostel provided. The staff was friendly and really helpful even when I had to send like three emails just to print my boarding pass. Only negative is that the staff really enforces the 1am curfew, but that's not too bad because Cinque Terre is more of a daytime kind of place. It's more about the beach, hiking, and shopping rather than parties.

The staff was very rude and made us feel unwelcome. We ended up leaving a day early because it was pouring down rain and they still insisted on kicking guests out for 4 hour cleaning. This was such a problem because there are very limited indoor activities in cinque terre. This place is run like boot camp so if you want an uptight, uncomfortable stay then this is your place. The only positive was the shuttle service.

We're sorry for your bad stay.But you started badly arriving 4 hours before the check in time;this is the reason because you felt unwelcome.we warn the people don't come before 2 p.m.The bad weather is not our fault, anyway in the afternnon was good.We don't accept that you write boot camp, you're not kind.You have to learn to travel and respect rules.

Totally recommend Ostello Tramonti! Do not worry about not staying in any of the Cinqueterre. They are very organized with a shuttle service to go to Riomaggiore so you should have no problem and this hostel has a good atmosphere and THE BEST dinner you could ask for! Excellent value for your money!

I had an excellent stay at this hostel, actually they really helped me out when I was having problems taking out money, and after a day stressing out they helped me (at a cost to them). They also have a great cook, the breakfast was especially beautiful and cheap. The staff were all nice and talkative and wanting their guests to have a nice time. For me, I liked the location, really peaceful, and they help you plan your days in Cinque Terre, so there's no problem getting to and from anywhere.

• 1st Apr 2015

This hostel was wonderful. It had a great vibe and beautiful surroundings. But it´s located up in the hills and if I hadn´t been traveling with a friend who had a car, I think it would have been a little difficult to get to initially. But once you´re there they have a really reliable shuttle system between the hostel and Riomaggiore. The people at the front desk were really nice and gave great advice about the area and the trains and such. Also, the FOOD is incredible and a great price!

• 31st Mar 2015

The shuttle service to and from Riomaggiore is excellent. The hostel also offers a home cooked two course dinner for €9.50, which is absolutely delicious.

Easy to find. Friendly staff. View is gorgeous. Staff helped us plan out our day. Parking was right by the place.

Although not in cinque terre itself it was easy to get there using the shuttle service or public bus, and it was a nice picturesque location regardless. Dinner was slow but delicious in the end so I didn't mind waiting. Breakfast was excellent value. Beds and pillows were a bit old but not too bad.

Perfect place to stay if wanting to do the cinque terre hike. There is easy transport directly to and from the hostel that the staff help arrange. Nice common area to chill and they also have a small restaurant. The breakfast was very tasty however a little over priced for the size portion.

Had a brilliant stay here. Really easy to meet people, great breakfast and dinner options and great facilities. Biassa itself is a really nice village, with stunning views over the valley. The shuttle service to Riomaggiore makes the location a non-factor and you will not get a better value hostel in any of the actual villages. Have already recommended to many other travellers.

I loved this hostel!! I would recommend it to anyone planning on visiting the Cinque Terre...great connection!

Thank you so much for your hospitality. I enjoyed my stay there very much and the kind offer for us in replacement of the morning shuttle bus that we missed! Thank you for the late email replies and shuttle services too! You guys are really friendly and provided really good serviice! :D

The food there is amazing. You have to try it!

Contrary to many opinions, one of the best locations. If you follow their directions and listen to the hour of transport operation you are fine. This is in the most beautiful part of italy. The hostel has an unbelievable view and 2 hiking trails. Very clean and secure. Sleep like a baby. Conveniently, there are hostel shuttles to the Cinque Terre trail. The staff is fantastic (the most), Diego, Andrea, Nico. And there is a meal cooked by Nico (and his mom) every night, WELL WORTH the money.

Thank you, we hope to see you again...

Somewhat difficult to reach by public transport. They do drive people to riomaggiore for just a euro (cheaper than the bus, which is €1.50) if you go at one of their two set times. Biassa itself is a very quiet residential neighborhood, with almost nowhere to eat in walking distance. However, the hostel has someone come in and cook dinner and breakfast for everyone, and it was delicious and absolutely a steal for what you get! The real highlight was the chef they bring in for dinner

The hostel was great! staff was wonderful!

Good hostel for meeting people. It was very nice and clean.

Good hostel, pick up service makes things a lot easier though should be more frequent perhaps.

The location is not hard to find but when the bus took me up the mountain I was a bit surprised. There is a reason why they say not to try to walk from the station. The staff speak English well and very helpful. If you remember to bring something to eat the place has nothing to complain. There is not a store or pub around the hostel. It is located actually in the middle of the mountain.

View all Cinque Terre Hostels