Ostello Tramonti Reviews

Via Fabio Filzi 110, Biassa, Cinque Terre, Italy

Fantastic location for hiking- not so much for late meals in the town, although the hostel's own restaurant is pretty fantastic! Staff really knowledgable about best trails, special thanks to Davide who was the most helpful of all! : ) Only small niggle is no kitchen for guests.

Everything was perfect there, i will reccomend this fantastic hostel to everyone..

• 12th May 2015

Perfect place to stay for exploring Cinque Terre national park, the hostel is located a few minutes away from Riomaggiore and the village is very nice and relaxing. It was very clean and the staff were all nice and friendly.. I reccomend also breakfast and dinner for very reasonable prices.. I will come back

• 12th May 2015
  • Argentina

Not in one of the villages, but a very convenient shuttle service is offered morning & evening to Riomaggiore, or you can take the public bus. Beautiful dining room with a view; great place to meet people and eat together. Staff are very helpful with advice for hikes - if you have time I recommend hiking to Portovenere (4hrs but worth it). Best part was Nico's breakfasts & dinners - delicious & affordable. Bed & washrooms were small/ basic but fits with the vibe of 5T...just go with it & enjoy!

Beautiful hostel in an amazing location. The shuttle service is really convenient to go into the national park. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, and the food is really good. You can tell the chef loves what he does. Definitely recommend this hostel!

My friend and I stayed at this hostel and it was the worst one yet. The showers were extremely small and dirty. The beds were very uncomfortable. The location was very out of the way. Breakfast was very plain and boring. Wifi didn't work in the rooms - only in the common room upstairs (if that). We found it very inconvenient that no one could be in their rooms between the hours of 10:30-2:30. The only nice thing was the shuttles in the morning. Everything else was abysmal.

We are very sorry for your bad stay. We don't understand why if it was the worst hostel you have spent here almost all the time of your stay, everyday you came back to the hostel with the first bus in the afternoon at 2.25 pm. You also had breakfast every single day of your stay, why if was it bad?

Short drive away from Riomaggiore, in quiet town tucked into the hills above la spezia. Nice inexpensive breakfast in the morning, everything else was good also.

Fantastic food and very affordable. Believe it or not, this was some of the best food we've had in Italy. The chef is an artist and a diamond in the rough. Overall great staff and very accommodating.

There were no locks for the lockers which meant my bags could e easily been stolen! That was not okay to me. The floors were dirty and the room was freezing. The pillows had stains.

• 1st May 2015

Why didn't you ask to us a lock instead of writing a bad comment? The room was freezing in may??(the heater was also on).. Maybe the floors were dirty because that day there were 60 people in the hostel and for the pillow we provide you clean pillowcases.

The Ostello Tramonti was fine. Nothing extravagant but a clean hostel. Parking was free. They have their own shuttle to Cinque Terre which was convenient.

This place is awesome. Its not a party hostel but it certainly is hostel. The common room outside the kitchen is the place to hang during the evening to regale stories from the day. Niko the chef is an awesome guy. I stayed for 4 nights and had an amazing time. Just be careful of the lockout at night time. They are strict with it and you will be very lucky to be let back in. But if you are going to the Cinque Terre I cannot recommend this place enough.

Really great location and price for the area. Staff is okay. The cook was cool. But there were also a TON of rules that were mandatory. Felt like I was in high school at my parents house again. The dinner is WAY over priced and very small. Still, value for the stay was great and was a good location.

• 27th Apr 2015

Dinner at the hostel is 9.50 euro and includes two meals, nowhere you can find it at this price..

The meals there are really good, don't eat your own stuff, it is typical italian food for a very fair price.

The place is not as shown on the photos.

You are right, it' s even better...

My friend and I had a very short stay of 2 nights, but loved our experience. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful to us. The shuttle service was great and made our trip super easy. The only downside was that we thought it was a little complicated to get to the hostel from the train station but when you find the bus stop, just ask the bus driver for Ostello Tramonti and he will drop you off right in front. The rooms were very clean. The food was great!

Service was excellent. Letting customers know on the website that you must take a shuttle into Cinque Terra would be an improvement. Also maybe a later shuttle into Riomaggiore. Other than that I had an incredible time and am very happy with Ostello Tramonti and your wonderful staff.

• 23rd Apr 2015

This was an awesome hostel. One of the best ones I have stayed at. It was very clean and we had plenty of space in our room to move around. The staff was really helpful with our early checkout. They also were very helpful with things to do in cinque terre. The shuttle to and from the hostel was fantastic. I highly recommend staying here.

• 20th Apr 2015

This hostel had everything we needed and the staff was extraordinary in helping us make the most out of our time there. We got there after missing their shuttle service but helped us with the public transport to get to Cinque Terre. The only thing I would note is that the hostel is closed between 10:30 and 2. It's location is in a town nestled in a mountain and the scenery was beautiful. Go there!

• 20th Apr 2015

I had a great stay here! The hostel was in a beautiful little town away from all the tourist crowds. Daily shuttles made transport easy, and I never felt inconvenienced by the distance. The facilities were clean and very comfortable, and the rooms were cleaned daily. I would have stayed longer if they weren't already filled to capacity. I can see why! I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone travelling on a budget.

• 16th Apr 2015

grazie, we hope to see you again...

I absolutely loved every minute of my stay here. It is conveniently located in the beautiful, quaint town of Biassa, which is only a 10 minute bus/ shuttle ride away from Riomaggiore. (Makes things far less stressful as far as transportation since you don't have to deal with the swarms of tourists that tour the Cinque Terre daily.) The entire staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, the facilities were nice and the food prepared daily by Nico was to die for. Wish I could have stayed longer!

• 15th Apr 2015