Ostello Tramonti Reviews

Via Fabio Filzi 110, Biassa, Cinque Terre, Italy

Very helpful and kind staff, good atmosphere. Shuttle services facilitate access to Riomaggiore (it takes 15 minutes). I would definately suggest this hostel!

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

I enjoyed my 8 nights stay at Ostello Tramonti and would recommend staying there. I am a hiker and the hostel is right on the edge of the Cinque Terre National Park in the lovely village of Biacca. It is possible to start hiking right from the hostel or catch the hostels van to Riomaggiore where there is a good train service between the villages on the coast. All the staff were friendly and helpful especially Annia O and Andrea. I cannot wait to return for some more of La Dolce Vita!

• 11th Jun 2014

Grazie simon, we hope to see you again!!

Nice clean hostel, a 10 minute shuttle ride away from Riomaggiore (and the views are fantastic on the ride down). There is no kitchen for guests to use, but meals at the hostel's cafe are reasonably priced and tasty. We did have one unfortunate experience during our stay with the older gentleman on the staff, perhaps the owner, who actually yelled and swore at us and several other guests for missing our shuttle ride (which was totally our fault, but his reaction was absurd and upsetting).

Thanks for the gentleman. The next time I'll be less kind and you'll pay 30 euro for the taxi.

The hostel smelled like cigarettes a lot which was not good. Clean showers and bathrooms. Great lounge upstairs with yummy food! The shuttle service was good but we were not told we had to pay for it until we were paying our bill when we left so that wasn't very nice.

You can read in the description: the shuttle service costs 1 euro per way (if you stay less than three nights).. It's not true that the hostel smelled like cigarettes.

Excellent, thank you.

Overall a great place to stay, staff were nice and directions pretty clear. Just note it's not in a main town, it's further uphill in a nearby village, which is impossible to walk to. We missed our train and hence missed the last shuttle, hence we had to cab from La Spezia station, which costs €20. But they sympathized with us and generously waives all the shuttle fee we had! Cinque terre is so beautiful!

The best thing about Ostello Tramonti is the shuttle rides to Cinque Terre, which is absolutely worth it! Be careful not to start or end your stay here on a Sunday though unless you want to pay for a taxi to get here. The bus is cheap, but doesn't run on Sunday.

Great hostel, fantastic staff, very good location. We stayed 4 nights and this was the best part of our trip around Italy. Staff is really helpful and they give you good advices about places to visit near by.

Grazie, we hope to see you again...

Hostel is a bit far from Riomaggiore but there is actually a hike you can do to get down there from the hostel. Would def recommend it! Overall great hostel; very clean, lots of facilities. You can't check in until after 2:30pm so I would recommend that you plan accordingly. Riomaggiore is also beautiful!! Was my favorite of the three towns I saw (Vernazza and Monterosso as well).

The only bad point was not having a guest kitchen, other than than that I thing everything else was great. They provide you with a shuttle to Cinque Terre, food is cheap and good. The latte was excellent and cost less than one euro. Staff is warm and helpful. Beds are clean and comfortable. I t is the best value for money in Cinque Terre.

The lady at reception is very helpful but the guy was extremely rude and not very helpful. It's not close to any of the actual town in the cinque terre. I would stay here if I had to but you can definitely do better

A friendly staff in a great location, right on the heart of the city. The hostel facilities were just OK; however, when I was there they were undergoing renovation, so it may be nicer by the time you stay there.

Good location,quiet,beautifull area!

I stayed in a 4 bed mixed room. The room and showers were very clean. I noticed the guest before damaged the locker and the manager, Andrea, immediately came to my room to fix it. I was very pleased with how much the staff valued customer service. I checked-in after the kitchen closed and the manager was nice enough to make me dinner.Also, they offered shuttle services which was convenient. The hostel is in Biassa-a very charming and peaceful little town. I would definitely recommend this place!

• 31st May 2014

Great place,extremely clean,the receptionist was so friendly and helpful. It s not in one of the actual Cinque Terre but I wouldn t say that s a disadvantage. Biassa is a lovely tiny town right in the middle of the mountains with an awesome view, it gives u the chance 2 get away from the crowd and enjoy something a bit more local. They have a shuttle bus which runs to Monterosso continuously, it s a 5 minutes ride. Easy 2 reach from La Spezia too,by bus. I will definitely stay there again!

The shuttle goes to Riomaggiore, not Monterosso.Grazie Roberta per il tuo commento, sei stata molto carina.

This was a party hostel. Great for if you're trying to party with other Americans. They have good facilities in terms of common areas and a kitchen serving up hot food. A little inconvenient to get to - the location was not ideal if you want more flexibility and want to be walking range. From Monterosso, you have to walk to an obscure parking lot at the top of the town and wait for a shuttle (you have to reserve your spot in advance) to get to and from the hostel.

Nice price but the staff could be far more friendly.

• 26th May 2014

The hostel isn't in one of the five cities but the shuttle is great- and if you need a ride at a different time or the shuttle is full one of the staff might drive you there! The staff is very tentative to your needs and will help you with any problems, I loved my stay here!

• 26th May 2014

The shuttle buses were never too much of a problem/hassle and if you stay three nights or more the service is free (so even if the shuttle is full, instead of you paying the price of the ticket for the public bus, they give you a ticket). They also have a good bar area which serves breakfast, snacks, wine, etc. One of the co-owners, Andrea, was very nice and helped us out a lot with getting to Porto Venere for a day and answering questions about hikes, etc. Met good people and enjoyed our stay!

• 26th May 2014

The location was great, and the atmosphere was fantastic. The local village is quiet, and the staff at the hostel were very kind, helpful, and patient. Highly recommend a stay!!

View all Cinque Terre Hostels