Ostello del Bigallo - Bigallo Hostel Reviews

Via Bigallo e Apparita, 14 Bagno a Ripoli, Florence, Italy

Ostello del Bigallo is the best hostel I've stayed at (and I've stayed at a lot). It's a very cool place about a 40 minute bus ride from Santa Maria Novella station. The distance is worth it not only because the hostel is great, but also because the views of Florence from there are unbeatable. There are big lockers that fit an entire pack and then some. The staff is incredibly friendly. They offer a 7 Euro dinner and wine which is great. I have nothing negative to say. Highly recommended!

Hello! Nice to read your comment and know that you find our Hostel cool and great! Indeed you need to have a 40 minutes ride but then it is really worth to have Florence at your feet. Every night we offer Pasta time prepared directly by us. The whole Bigallo Staff sends you best greetings

Cool place to stay. Not at all worth the hassle of getting to the hostel. Dinner is a pricey 7€, no laundry close to the hostel, and wifi is only in two rooms near the front desk. I wouldn't come back.

We are really sorry to read that you did not like your stay with us. Our pasta time at €. 7,00 is home made pasta and a glass of red wine; laundry service in not present at our Hostel as indicated on the information file on hostelworl- We decided to offer WiFi in all our common areas and not to have it in the dormitories or gardens ( which is tecnical very difficult for us being a antique building) Greetings - Bigallo Staff

I really enjoyed my stay here. The location is difficult to get to on foot, but manageable, and is situated with a beautiful view across Florence and the countryside. The atmosphere was great amongst the travellers staying here and the monastery was spacious with real character. Not the best place for quick and easy access to Florence without a car, but a great escape from the city for a short while.

It's a wonderful hostel with a great view over the city. We booked the 24 persons dorm and it turned out that the huge room is divided by small cabins for 2 persons which gives you some privacy as well. It was clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The only thing is, that they didn't refill the breakfast buffet, the day I was there. But everything else was just great. The location is awesome! I highly recommend to go there. Especially when you have a motorbike or car.

So far and no wifi on room. All other things were excellent.

Hello, thank you for your review! Bigallo Hostel is in the heart of Tuscan country, among beautiful olive trees and grapes..couldn't ever be in the center of Florence :) The fact that wi-fi is not in the room is a choice: we are a Social Cooperative, and we firmly do not want our guest to be closed and isolated in their rooms surfing the web: we want them to socialize!!! :) that's why in the common areas wi-fi signal is pretty good. Thank you for having been with us! Sincerely, Bigallo Staff.

great hostel, far from city centre tho and after eight it is hard to get to hostel (walking hours or taxi$$) but great staff and place!

Thanks for the lovely comment. We know it is hard to get here but then the place offers you a stunning view of Florence in the heart of Tuscany!. Nice greetings form all of us!

The hostel is a little hard to reach, but it's advertised as such, and there are no surprises. It was such a beautiful and pleasant place to stay.

Hello! Thanks a lot for your pleasant comment! Best greetings - Bigallo Staff!

I loved my stay at here. It is a beautiful historic building and has a great location. It is a bit outside of the city but the view of Florence from the balcony makes up for it. It was nice to retreat back to the hostel after a busy day in Florence. The pasta suppers and the wine were delicious. The staff was very helpful when planning visits to Florence and it had a good atmosphere for meeting other travellers. I would highly recommend if you would like to see Florence and Tuscan countryside!

This hostel was great! It's a bit outside the city, but it has great views. The 7€ pasta and wine is really convenient, as there's not a lot of places to eat within walking distance.

Great hostel! I spent 4 days there in a private room and it was amazing. Very very friendly staff, a huge garden with an incredible view to Florence, good breakfast and pasta, clean, quiet, excellent! Distance could be a problem if you don't have a car - but it was not my case. If you are looking for a quiet place to relax and be close to nature, I strongly recommend it!

I would have never left this place if that had been an option. The rooms are beautiful, the location is beautiful. The staff is unbelievable helpful and friendly. I really can't say enough good things about this place. It's close to Florence while still being decidedly in the country. The family dinner is a great way to meet the other travelers.

Thank you so much! We're so happy to know your experience at Bigallo Hostel has been good! That's what we try to do: make our guest live a social and special experience in this beautiful and precious medieval building. All the Bigallo Staff thank you from the heart!

Staff was not helpful at all. Directions to hostel was wrong when i told the staff they felt offended and didnt change.

Hello! Really sorry to read that you find us not helpful! We really try to be it though! As to the directions, can you help us to tell what directions are wrong and where; on Hostelworld and our website they are correct. Best greetings from all of us Bigallo Staff

Staff was awesome!! Really kind and nice. But the location was bad. Anyway I can say value for money.

Hello! Thanks for writing about us and location is indeed difficult to get at but once arrived we guarantee a unique view of Florence and a typical tuscan countryside... We all send you our nicest greetings- Bigallo Staff

Beautiful. A hike to get up to, but it is worth it. Also, the dinner and wine are delicious.

When I was reading comments about hostel before i went to there, I was really angry to myself why i choosed this hostel. But I went to hostel, and stayed 3 nights, then I said i wish I could stay longer. It is far from center, right. But there are buses u can go ,and if u learn when it goes (arrivel time, u feel Comfortable. buy sth(drink, food etc) from center and bring hostel and eat with ur friends due to perfect view. Breakfast is wonderful. nice staff.love u :) I hope see you again

Hello! thanks a lot for your nice comment, makes us really happy that you liked our Hostel! Just come back again. Best greeting from all of us - Bigallo Staff