Ostello del Bigallo - Bigallo Hostel Reviews

Via Bigallo e Apparita, 14 Bagno a Ripoli, Florence, Italy

Staff was awesome!! Really kind and nice. But the location was bad. Anyway I can say value for money.

I left my passport at the reception and didn't realize until a few hours after I checked out. Nathalie was kind enough to send it to a hotel by the Florence train station so I could pick it up!

Hello! Fine you got your passport and sorry that it remained here with us. Hope you enjoyed your stay with us and wishes you still a nice stay in Rome. Best greetings from all the Bigallo Staff and hope you can come back once - our Hostel is usually good in cleanliness but you know on January 1st we had a big party and many people were all over the Hostel.

Bigallo hostel is an old monastery far away from the center of Firenze. The problem, is not to take two bus to arrive there, but a very and cansative walk , a climb to arrive there and no lights in the night. For those have car, it can be a nice choice for the price but who doesnt, its not a good option. Aside it, I noticed they turned off the heater in the middle of the night, what was bad as the monastery is very cold, specially for being localizated in a mountain. Bathroom wasnt clean.

• 30th Dec 2014

Hello, sorry to read that your journey did not seemed pleasant with us. Indeed to get to the Hostel from the city center of Florence you need to take 2 buses and then have a 1km walk uphill, as informed on the Hostelworld page. We are not really in the mountains but in the tuscan countryside upon a hill. The week you stayed with us was indeed very cold, temperature went under 0°C, so I'm sorry you found the place cold nonetheless we have heating. I wish you could stay with us in summertime.