9.0
Superb 389 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 389 Total Reviews
Ostello del Bigallo - Bigallo Hostel Located at Via Bigallo e Apparita, 14 Bagno a Ripoli, , Florence.
Italy
Florence Fi 50012 Firenze Via Bigallo e Apparita, 14 Bagno a Ripoli
90% 389
43.7383521 11.3497030
    Rooms available

• Guatemala, Female, 25-30
15th Jul 2016

Such an incredible place! I just love it! It is a renovated monastery in the outside of Florence with these gorgeous dorms, nice views of the city and a nice breakfast with coffee, sweets and ham & toast (only missing some fruit. You can feel you are staying in a luxury hotel but still with the atmosphere of a Hostel! I really enjoyed my stay here, The owner Nathalie is so nice and helpful with everything you need! The common places are good to meet new people or just relax and enjoy the place.

Hello! Nice you loved the place! Our Hostel is a building dating from 1200 and so it is a kind of luxery Hostel :) Breakfast is always included and we also try to make homemade cakes . As to the fruit you can find it in the garden and take it by yourself. We have apples and apricots. Best greetings from all of us - Bigallo Staff

• India, Male, 18-24
10th Jul 2016

I had an amazing time. The host was gracious, and immediately responded to queries clarifying the location of the hostel and how to get there. It is a bit of an uphill walk, but absolutely worth it, considering the view from the hostel. For only 7e, I had a wonderful filling dinner of pasta and wine, and had the good fortune of meeting some other backpackers like me, and spent the night chatting. The rooms have a wonderful medieval feel. I wish I could have spent more time there.

4th Jul 2016

One of the best places I have stayed. Although if I were to make suggestions, the hostel could really use hand soap in the bathrooms and mosquito coils for hire. The mosquitos were unbearable.

• Switzerland, Male, 31-40
4th Jul 2016

Awesome hostel. Is a bit of a distance from town but well worth the effort for such an amazing hostel, I loved this hostel. All the staff I dealt with were so great. Min, Natalie, Ferdinando thank you so much. Got a lift into town once with Natalie and Ferdinando and then Ferdinando offered to show us around Florence in his spare time. The beds are so comfy, the grounds are amazing, the view of Florence spectacular. Pasta nights rock, and the Wednesday music night was so much fun.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
30th Jun 2016

It's BEAUTIFUL!! A bit of a far drive from Florence by taxi so I would recommend traveling to it before the buses end, which is 9pm. Other than that though, it's great. The breakfast is free and delicious, the staff is super nice, and the building itself is insane. It was built in the 1300s and is like a castle with an amazing view of Florence. I wish I would've stayed longer!

• Bulgaria, Female, 41+
27th Jun 2016

If someone is looking to find a place to stay during his/her visit to Florence and would like to feel the medieval atmosphere of the site - this is the perfect opportunity. I stayed there for a while and have no patience to be there again. I hope it will be next year. :-)

Thanks!!!! We will be there to welcome you again. Best greetings from all of us - Bigallo Staff

• Thornton024
  • Ireland, Male, 18-24
26th Jun 2016

A fantastic stay in the most beautiful, relaxing environment & great atmosphere in the evenings at 'Pasta time.' Yes this hostel is a bit out of Florence but it is so worth it! I arrived on a national holiday so no connection bus was running, however I called the hostel and someone kindly came to collect me. I also fractured a bone on my foot and the lady who works there- Natalie- kindly took me to the pharmacy and then hospital. It get like a home away from home! I didn't want to leave!

25th Jun 2016

I absolutely loved this hostel! It was so peaceful and the perfect place for a relaxing getaway. I found this hostel after I had been traveling around Europe at a pretty quick pace and I was ready for a few days of relaxing. I met some amazing people at this hostel, it's very conducive for making friends. They have a past dinner every night, which you must do while there. Highly recommended!

• South Africa, Male, 18-24
22nd Jun 2016

Beautiful place to stay - hard to believe it is a hostel and not a hotel. We arrived late due to transport issues and the host was still willing to cook pasta and serve us cold beer, grazie!

20th Jun 2016

Important! This is an hour away from Florence city center! That being said, this is an experience everyone should have. Nestled in the hills of Florence's beautiful countryside, Ostello boasts a relaxing outdoor garden surrounded by pear, apple, olive trees, and just about any bird you can think of. Great for a getaway with hiking, nature, and the best views. There's pasta time each night with homemade pasta and a carafe of wine! I felt like I was in a castle. Nathalie is very kind and helpful!