Ostello della Pace Reviews

Via di Valecchie n. 177, Assisi, Italy

Very clean, amazing staff (willing to help with anything they can), fast wifi in lobby (but not in rooms), spacious rooms, about a 15 minute walk uphill to Basilica di San Francesco. I really enjoyed my stay here, and the 10,50 euro dinner is a good meal for the price (if you are planning on eating out in Assisi, it is more expensive). Recommend this hostel 100%. Great people and atmosphere.

A bit far away from the town, and it's really scary to walk back at night because there aren't any lamps on the road, except this everything is fine, nice garden, clean room and toilet, helpful staff, open the window at night the room is pretty cool and has the view of Assisi, so still recommended.

The hostel closes at 10 am. and open at 4 pm. The staff is not kind. Especially the lady. He claimed to give you only the bedspread and pillow case because it was hot (not a sheet). He asks the guests, holiday finished, bring the sheets on the ground floor and fix the bed. At breakfast there is an atmosphere of tension, it decides where people can sit, and obliges guests to arrange the table. Old bread heated at breakfast: Atmosphere sad and terrifying. A large number of midges in the showers.

I have enjoyed my stay at this hostel so much. The staff was extremely helpful and welcoming and the people I have met there have inspired me in many different ways. I never to leave. The hostel is quite a walk ay from the centre of Assisi, which might bother some. I actually found it nice, since it was then as if I went "home" in the evening. I would highly recommend this hostel.

The hostel is nice and have a great view... Generally is ok.. but you have to walk to the center of Assisi for 15/20 minutes... and near the hostel you don't have anything.. you have to buy your food in the center of Assisi and returns with everything... the personal it's ok but anything else... for one night it's ok,

The hostel is located on a one-way street. Approaching as directed, you can't see the sign, thus it is easy to walk right past unaware. I didn't feel particularly welcomed, but did hear about all of the rules. During dinner, the tables were divided up into Italian-speaking and non. All the Italian tables were offered seconds, but not mine. Our table was in the middle, but we were served last for every course. In such a large building there should be more common area than 4 chairs in a corner.

This place is incredible. The staff are so wonderful. They take care of you like family! The location, though a short walk from the town, is absolutely GORGEOUS. The property feels so homey. From the garden to the outdoor clothesline to the piano, in my month of travel, I haven't stayed anywhere as welcoming or comfortable as this place. The directions make it very easy to find. Downside: there's no way to lock up your stuff, but everyone feels like family, so that seems okay. A++ / 5 stars.

Big roomy location, nice to be out of the touristy centre and amongst the olive trees. Great value for money with brekkie included and all.

There were no plugs in the room (only one in a 6 bed room), breakfast was not good, there were only 4 other guests so the atmosphere was a bit boring

• 6th May 2015
  • Argentina

Immaculately clean. Fast WiFi. Just be aware there is a lockout period from 10am until 4pm daily and a curfew of 11:00pm, whereby the common room will be locked. This is reflected in my average rating for atmosphere because, let's face it, it's a little hard to relax and mingle with other people when you need to be out all day and then tucked up in bed nice and early. It's a 20 min walk to town at best. My advice: take a torch if you're planning on being out at night. The road is not well lit.