Ostello della Pace

8.7
Fabulous 196 Total Reviews

• Malaysia, Female, 41+
28th Jul 2017

Walking distance to both cathedral and train station. However,the 1st night have group of young people were extremely noisy. Overall, this was a good hostel, cozy and friendly.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
14th Jul 2017

What a lovely place to stay! Surrounded by olive groves, Ostello della Pace is truly a little piece of serenity! The simple complementary breakfast and 3-course dinner (only 10.5 euro and well worth the money!) will keep you energized as you explore Assisi's rich -- and aesthetically pleasing -- history! The facilities are clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. If you're a budget traveler, don't look any further!

8th Jul 2017

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The staff was very accommodating to my needs, and went out of their way to make me feel welcome. Be aware that the hostel is about a 10 minute walk uphill from the city, so make sure this is manageable for you. I would suggest eating dinner at the hostel - the food is very good and it is well priced for the amount of food! Also, there is nowhere to lock your belongings - however the people who I was with were very kind, which I think is common here in Assisi!

• anyagurr8030
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
20th Jun 2017

This was a cozy little hostel with the perfect atmosphere for Assisi, friendly and genuine. We were a bit worried about the shared key system and lack of locking storage but quickly realized that we had nothing to worry about because the place is so safe and full of wonderful people. And yes it is a SHORT walk from Assisi, and not creepy at all like other people have said. But do bring a flash light if you are out passed sunset and use your street smarts because it is a narrow country road.

• Belgium, Female, 25-30
19th Jun 2017
8.0

Welcoming and friendly staff. Helped me with the time tables of train and bus, and made me a packed breakfast because I had to leave early. They also do packed lunches, which are good but not worth the money, I thought. Breakfast buffet was great, though, but only opens at 8. Beautiful and quiet location, but the building is a bit noisy. Thin walls/ceiling and slamming doors. Many sole travelers and always someone to talk to. Also groups, which were a bit loud when I was there.

16th Jun 2017

This hostel reflects the atmosphere of the city of Assisi which is quite and tame. The location is far off but very comfortable stay overall

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
15th Jun 2017

Wonderful! The hospitality and friendliness of this family-run hostel is second to none. I miss the smiling faces of the lovely staff. The coffee and breakfast was such a good deal...I still miss the coffee. I will never forget these people. Bear in mind they do shut the hostel from 10 am - 4 pm but it means it's nice and clean when you return from a day wandering Assisi. I hope to return. The other travelers I met here were lovely too.

13th May 2017

If you are on a pilgrimage or just looking for quiet contemplation this is the place. The rooms are no frills, however, very clean. You do need to pay a small fee for linens and breakfast if you want them. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful! The location is great! I do suggest bringing a flashlight if you intend on staying in Assisi after dark. There are no street lights for a large part of the road that leads to Assisi! I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Assisi!

• USA, Male, 18-24
14th Apr 2017

The receptionist was so incredibly nice and she went out of her way to help us in any way she could. As for the room, it had a great rustic charm and the beds were comfortable and clean.