7.7
Very Good 1,451 Total Reviews
7.7
Very Good 1,451 Total Reviews
Ostello di Bergamo Located at Via G. Ferraris, 1, , Bergamo.
Italy

• GeordieAnglo-ItalianOnTour
  • England, Male, 18-24
22nd Oct 2016
4.3

Apart from the cleaner who was working hard all night I am really disappointed by this hostel. I've travelled most of Italy and been to many northern Italian hostels, this was by far one of the worst. Even though I spoke Italian and was polite to the staff I still felt totally undervalued. I could go on and list everything but I'll keep it short - you will be better off getting an air bnb in Bergamo than staying here!

Good morning. We regret that you've a bad experience in our hostel but we must also see what time you arrived (after 11 pm) and at what time did you leave: at night we've a guardian to guarantee all the guests to also get into the night ( all hostels in northern Italy have this service? are you sure?). Sure, we can be better and improve. And we work for for this.

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Sep 2016
8.0

Decent hostel。 great value for money just a bit far from town but if you check bus times its good.

thank you for your appreciation, we hope to see you soon

• USA, Female, 41+
5th Sep 2016

I would recommend this hostel to everyone. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are cleaned daily. Breakfast is included. Bus #3 stops in front of the Hostel and takes you directly to Citta Alta (upper city which is the old city during summer). Bus #6 stops close to the hostel (if you have lots of luggage might be difficult as you must walk a steep hill). The draw back is night busses. If coming from airport take a taxi otherwise expect to be very frustrated with busses.

13th Aug 2016
4.6

No one there at 7 (which is when checkout is supposed to begin). Was running late to the airport and needed help from staff but the only person I could find was someone who only spoke Italian. The staff didn't show me around or give me any information besides what my room number was. Very far away from the city. I arrived late finding out that the places to buy bus tickets were closed and I couldn't buy one on the bus. Luckily I made it there with help from some nice people.

Good morning, we're sorry for you bad experience. The reception open at 7.30 a.m. but we've the housekeeper in house for the brekafast from 7.00. We understand your problem but when you made the check in, you can ask the reception for a transfer o a taxi for the next morning.

• Wales, Female, 31-40
25th Jul 2016
6.3

Not a great place to stay if you need to get to the airport early in the morning. The guy on reception booked me a taxi and having seen other visitors say they had a taxi booked and it didn't show up I double checked it was definitely booked... Surprise surprise no taxi came and I nearly missed my flight as a result.

We're sorry for your bad experience. We work every day to improve the guest's experience. For the taxi problem, we have a brand new private transfer better than the taxi.

• Ireland, Female, 41+
24th Jul 2016

Lovely clean hostel. Staff very helpful and a great location with a lovely terrace

• Belgium, Female, 25-30
21st Jul 2016

Really nice staff. We arrived at 9 a.m and they offer us to join the breakfast and check if beds were availables in the room. They were so we could have a nap during the morning. The bus 3 , going to the center, can be taken in front of the hostel. But it ends early, then you have to take the bus 6 and walk a little. I don't recommend to go by foot, the roads don't worth it and you can get lost because the hostel doesn't appear on the map we received at the reception. It's definitely great

• Denmark, Female, 25-30
20th Jul 2016
5.4

The staff was not very helpful and not very good at speaking english.

We're sorry for your bad experience. Our crew speak italian, english, french and spanish but sometimes we've an intern from a local high school who speak a basic english

17th Jul 2016
6.0

Unfriendly but not rude staff, very far away from the city and hard to reach the hostel

Hello, we're sorry for your bad experience: we've a very professional staff but we work to improve the guest's experience.

• Bulgaria, Female, 25-30
30th Jun 2016

Located in a nice and quiet neighborhood on a hill, it is a bit far from the center and the Old City, but well connected with two bus lines. I also took a 4-km walk from Porta Nuova, it took about 40 minutes and was pleasant and safe. Breakfast is basic but very good, they offer good strong coffee. The staff is extremely nice and helpful.