Ostinatto Hostel Reviews

C/Chile 680, San Telmo, Buenos Aires, Argentina

I really liked this hostel until I was woken at 7am New Years morning by a young drunk staff member sitting on my bed, pulling open my shorts. I screamed and he ran. I reported this to the staff at the front desk. I was given excuses like. 'It's New Years'. 'He was drunk'. 'These things happen in hostels'. He didn't actually hurt you'. He has not even been spoken to by management about this incident. I have since checked out and am yet to receive correspondence regarding this. Unacceptable.

Nothing bad to say about this hostel! Best one in South America

Good hostel, great location. The bar left a lot to be desired. Could make better use of the roof top terrace. Staff are friendly and helpful. Dorms are a good size with big lockers.

Nothing van fault this hostel! Everything was perfect!

The staff were excellent and very helpful. The hostel is a little rough round the edges and perhaps a refurb would bring this hostel up to the top tier of hostels in Buenos Aires. The rooms were a little noisy due to the close proximity of our room to a road (though I suspect this would be the same anywhere in BA). Breakfast was good. A good place to stay.

I was only here for one night, but it seemed like a good hostel with lots of activities and opportunities to try new things and meet people. The bed was a little wobbly and a few of the lockers were broken in the room I was in, but not the end of the world. Overall it was a good stay.

Well, it was so disappointing that I've shortended my stay. I have read a nice Lonely Planet review about Ostinato hostel in San Telmo, Buenos Aires, Argentina, but the place is very bad maintained. It looks abandoned, had dirty walls, unprepared staff and... there was hair on my pillow - and it was not mine.

• 31st Aug 2014

Friendly staff and good location. Hostel was quiet so lacked atmosphere and breakfast was average.

It's the best hostel ever....I love it

View all Buenos Aires Hostels