Ottawa Backpackers Inn Reviews

203 York Street, Ottawa, Canada

I have tried the next door building and it was sufficiently facilitated.

needs better maintainance. The cost was obover average for a hostel but the maintaince, ammenities and general feel of the place was depressing when compaired even to cheaper accomodations.

• 5th Oct 2014

I liked that the sheets were a random collection. And I liked the free tea and coffee . The bathrooms are very nicely made with nice decoration.

frat house! arrived to drunken people all over the lawn and found random people walking in asking about the "frat house" and where to party. really hard to get in the door due to the crowds. the place was overbooked and they began to rent out couches and living spaces which made it awkward

• 30th Aug 2014

Room was advertised as a private 3 bed room but actually had a double bed and a single bed so we had to ask for an additional mattress. The room was also really hot and there was no way of cooling it down as the only window was sealed shut.

• 21st Aug 2014

Pretty good hostel, more like a big house than a purpose built hostel. There are enough bathrooms and showers. Some bits could be a little cleaner but nothing is too dirty. The staff are friendly and approachable. Quite a young crowd that work there. The kitchen is adequate and well stocked with pots and pans. BBQ available. Bit of a Stoney hostel as well, general smoking area out back. If I wanted to improve it I'd add better lighting, a sound system and paint the deck out back.

My friend and I booked two beds in a eight female bedroom. When we got there was only one bed available in that female room so my friend was sent to another room to share it with three other men. Staff apologyzed and my friend did not have to pay for her night.

The hostel did not honour the 10% payment I made through hostel world and had to pay the whole amount again. The staff were more interested in organising their social lives than helping guests which was disappointing. However, the location is excellent and good facilities (kitchen, common room, etc.). The rooms were quite hot but there was a fan so was able to sleep comfortably.

All in all a very pleasant experience. It was a quiet hostel, which was great as I was coming up to the end of my trip.

We were in the second house on the side. The three bed private was perfect for our traveling trio. Facilities nice and clean and a nice location close to the night life.

The staff is awesome, bc most of them are travellers too! This is more like a home away than a place u stay at on route. Its the seconde time ive stayed there and if i come back to ottawa, this is the place ill stay at again.

Very good stay. Staff is friendly and helpful. Facility is clean, neat and comfortable. Location okay, not great, but nearby shopping and groceries.

The best thing about this hostel is the location, being less than 10 minutes from the Byward Market and an additional 5 from the Parliament buildings makes it a breeze to walk around. Aside from that, it performs all the functions that a hostel should. Worked out great for my buddy and I during the Canada Day festivities!

Dont stay here in summer. 2nd flr only had a window open and a fan in room during a 30 degree C heat wave. I lay there sweating for hours trying to sleep. Staff shrug shoulders at my discomfort. When I wanted to cancel my remaining day of a two day stay they say they couldnt refund me the day-I didnt give enough advance notice.I cancelled because no air condit. You dismiss me and dont give me a refund. Later find out everyone on 3rd floor checked out due to heat. I spent $200 on hotel just 4 A/C

By far the single best hostel I have ever had the pleasure to visit. It was a party, a philosophical mind trip, a feast, an introspective and meditative temple and I have never ever made more friends anywhere than in that happy glorious house.

Pro: cosy rooms with lockers, balcony, free coffee and tea, friendly and helpful staff, staff keeps the place quite clean, a very old cute cat ;-) Con: a lot of begging and strange people around the place, sometimes they even came inside the hostel

It is a nice hostel. I would recommend staying there.

There were 2 plug sockets, a light and a shelf next to every bed in the dorm i stayed in which was brilliant. There were small lockers in the room, big enough to keep your valuables in. Also hooks on the walls and back of door good for hanging wet towels. Ceiling fans bit noisy at night but needed to keep room cool. The hostel common area / living room was very cosy and comfortable and a good place to relax. Free breakfast would be nice. Bit far from bus station but walking distance to sights.

A nice hostel right on the edge of the main attractions of downtown Ottawa. If you plan to park which i doubt is very common it is an extra charge (not advertised). Kitchen seemed well stocked (i did not use it) and the bathrooms were clean and the showers good. Enjoy.

There's fans in the rooms, but unfortunately it didn't cool off in the room during the day. Nice cozy atmosphere. I'd definitely consider staying again. Location is PERFECT.