Ottawa Backpackers Inn

Fabulous 1216 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
14th Sep 2017
6.6

Good hostel. Location in regards to Ottawa is good, however every close to a homeless shelter- not too safe at night if you are a female traveling alone. No where to securely store large luggage which is disappointing. Free tea and coffee is always good.

• England, Male, 18-24
4th Sep 2017

awesome place! Staff are super friendly and helpful, very clean and super easy to meet people is the common room!

• England, Female, 18-24
1st Sep 2017

This hostel had such a good atmosphere! I was only there for a night because it was fully booked the other nights of my trip to Ottawa but I wish could have stayed longer so I got the most out of the hostel. The staff I spoke to were lovely and very helpful. Needed more washrooms really and the rooms were a bit cramped but for a short stay this was fine. If I'm in Ottawa again, this is where I'd stay!

• Greece, All Female Group, 25-30
1st Sep 2017

We stayed one night. It was a little expensive but we booked the room the day before We stayed in a private room. It was clean and warm. The bathrooms as well. There was always hot water. There were enough bathrooms for the guests. The kitchen was clean. The door was locked after midnight and you use a code to get back in. The staff was friendly, helpful and polite. The only bad thing is that our room was exactly next to the bathrooms and you could hear when sb took his bath early in the morning

• crystalwu1225
  • USA, Female, 18-24
26th Aug 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel due to the atmosphere. It is one of those incredibly homey and friendly hostels that you can really settle into. Its set up is like a house so that there is a living room, kitchen and patio where everyone can hangout. My first night there, the entire living room was packed for the Mayweather v Mcgregor fight. The facilities are a little bit lacking just because there were only a couple of showers, but the atmosphere more than makes up for it.

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
24th Aug 2017
5.7

I think there are things that need some change, but I think it's ok for the price. it's got a good location, I didn't like having to take my shoes off at the entrance cause the place is not very clean. The staff were nice in the check in but not in the check out

• England, Male, 18-24
22nd Aug 2017

Ideally located, 10 minutes from both the Rideau canal and parliament hill. The staff were happy to help out and the facilities were more than adequate. There were a few guitars available too which always helps!

• Canada, Female, 41+
14th Aug 2017
7.1

Overall the positive of staying at this location is really location - really close to town centre. The facilities were clean inside. It takes a little navigating to get there by car and several attempts to contact someone by phone weren't successful. The dorm was a little stuffy - not enough air circulation and no fan. The shower didnt work .

• JoseGAcuna
  • Mexico, Mixed Group, 18-24
6th Aug 2017

Good atmosphere and concept, but I think is not clean at all. The localization is very good. I liked to experience this hostel

• USA, Male, 18-24
6th Aug 2017

This was an absolutely fantastic hostel, which not only allowed me to meet the people I'd be spending the next few days with, but to draw close to them and learn about their lives in intimate detail as well as share in countless laughs. I can already honestly say this was the best vacation I've ever experienced in my life and I owe it all to this place and it's wonderful residents and guests. There's no doubt that I'll be returning, the only question is how soon. Bravo Ottawa Backpackers Inn

×