Ottawa Backpackers Inn Reviews

203 York Street, Ottawa, Canada

A regular hostel, nothing special about it, but the location is great.

I didn't appreciate being spoken to in a condescending way by the owner, the first night I was there. The one night I spent away, another guest rummaged through my belongings that weren't locked up. I know that's a chance we have to take when leaving anything behind when leaving the hostel, even for a brief period, but I still felt violated. But I did enjoy meeting people from all over the world, that was the best part!

• 16th Jun 2015

Staff is very cliquey, and not very welcoming.

• 11th Jun 2015

I much enjoyed my most recent stay here. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and it was very easy to meet new people. The hostel also has a stellar location in the Byward Market. I would certainly recommend it.

Staff were friendly overall and the location was great but the rooms and washrooms were filthy. Definitely wouldn't stay there again.

• 29th May 2015

Hostel is in a pretty good location, right near a bunch of restaurants, supermarket and the all important bottle-o.

Good hostel with a great atmosphere! The only bad thing I can think of, is that it can get really warm in the dorms. Apart from that it was really good (great location, all the facilities you need).

A bit grungy, but it definitely has a certain charm and "lived-in" appeal. The staff were helpful, though a bit absent occasionally. The atmosphere was great. Plenty of people to hang out with and get to know throughout my stay. My only complaint about that was that occasionally it did feel a bit like a hang-out for the staff and the staff's friends. While not a big deal it did come across as a bit unwelcoming to someone new in a big city.

• 25th May 2015

Very chilled out hostel.

The location is good to visit the most famous places. but it is a little far to bus terminal station on foot.

Overall, I think back positively of the hostel, most of the staff members were very friendly and helpful, especially Ben and Sasha. The rooms and bathrooms are both clean and checked everyday, just try not to get into the South America Room which is right next to a washroom (in case you're sensible to noises).The walls between aren't thick enough and you will hear every guest from the house going in there (the fans are loud and the shower is right next to the thin wall). Enjoy your stay!