Ottawa Backpackers Inn

Fabulous 1053 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 1053 Total Reviews

24th Mar 2017

I really liked backpackers Inn! The room was clean and the hang out area was very well kept. The staff was a bit stand-offish though, both when I checked in and out. They also changed the door code with no warning, so I had to wait until someone else came along and got in, who looked at his phone for the code. I don't know why I didn't get an update, but the staff I told about this didn't seem to care.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
17th Feb 2017
7.7

Booking online was great, staff was great. Everything was perfectly fine. The only issue I had was the parking, I understand it was because of winter. This was the first hostel I stayed in where I wasn't immediately friends with my roomies. But it is all what you're into. Over all no complaints and if I need a place to stay again, it may be here!

• jordaning886879
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
17th Feb 2017
8.0

Great location, good facilities, solid value for money.

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
11th Feb 2017

A nice place, with very friendly staff and a great location. When I was there it was very quiet because it was winter, so maybe the kitchen would be a bit small in summer. But overall a great place to stay.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
10th Feb 2017

Amazing location!!! Cannot be beat - you're within steps of the market (which is filled with bar + restaurants) and just steps from parliament and the canal. Would recommend to anyone visiting Ottawa. Rooms were clean and staff were friendly. Thanks OBI! Hope to see you again.

• Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
21st Jan 2017

Great hostel location and atmosphere

• England, Male, 25-30
17th Dec 2016

This was a great hostel to stay in, located right in the downtown area with easy access to a great range of attractions. For example the Byward market is literally around the corner, the parliament area is a 10 minute walk and I even managed to walk over to Quebec within an hour. The staff were friendly and helpful and the place was clean. My only complaint is that I had to leave my bag in my room with the people I was sharing with as the lockers were not big enough to accommodate it.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Nov 2016
7.7

Inn was pretty average considering the really great location offset by the inside bits. There were 2 houses side by side, & I likely would have given a higher rating if we got put in the 2nd house. Everyone was very friendly though so that was fine if a little loud when we came back from dinner Sat night. Parking was iffy (parallel parking beside the house was tight) at $8 per night. Facilities was clean, though sort of old so some things could be updated in the rooms/bathrooms. Good atmosphere!

11th Nov 2016
8.0

As expected

10th Nov 2016

Great over all. Can actually walk to most tourist locations, or, if inclimate, close to bus line for those not as close. Great experience!! Will retun again when in Ottawa!!