Ottawa Backpackers Inn Reviews

203 York Street, Ottawa, Canada

Overall, I think back positively of the hostel, most of the staff members were very friendly and helpful, especially Ben and Sasha. The rooms and bathrooms are both clean and checked everyday, just try not to get into the South America Room which is right next to a washroom (in case you're sensible to noises).The walls between aren't thick enough and you will hear every guest from the house going in there (the fans are loud and the shower is right next to the thin wall). Enjoy your stay!

オタワの観光地が徒歩で行ける場所にあるので、とても立地が良かったです。また、私は使っていませんが、キッチンにはたくさんの調味料があり料理をすることができます!コーヒーと紅茶も無料で飲むことができました。男女共用の部屋に泊まる事に抵抗がある人がいるかもしれませんが、心配ないと思います。スタッフの人が優しくて、和やかな雰囲気のホステルです。値段も安いし、とてもオススメです!またオタワに行くことがあれば泊まりたいです。

I enjoyed my stay here, the hostel is in a great location and I had lot's to do. There was a code for the front door and lockers available. The hostel did not organise much for the nights and some of the bathrooms/toilets were a bit cramped. But overall it is a well run hostel which I would go to again.

Tiene una buena ubicación, pero al llegar a recepción tiene un olor muy feo y fuerte, la gente que atiende es muy fría y no te ayudan con tus maletas aunque te vean super cargada. La habitación tiene una puerta que con trabajos cierra, no se me hace nada seguro. Un chico Coreano muy amable me ayudo a trasladarme a la casa de un lado que era donde me ubicaron. El único caballero del hostal. Gracias.

Great location handy for exploring Ottawa and near lots of restaurants !

Good Location, very co-operative and helpful, clean and car teas.

Larger lockers for larger bags. Requested a bottom bed and they gave me one. Keep up the good work!

It was an ok hostel. 5-10 min walk to the major attractions. A bit expensive compared to hostels in Montreal. The vibe wasn't that great but it also could have been because it's low season. Wish they sold beer or encouraged it to get the vibe going.

The location is excellent and I think it's the cheapest hostel in Ottawa but I slept in the backpackers of Toronto and for the half of the price of Ottawa, you have clean bedsheets and towels for free, cleaner bathrooms and the breakfast included! And in Toronto the staff is more pleasant and they organize some events (not in Ottawa).

The hostel is located in a pair of old, converted houses. While I expect some squeaky floors and fiddly locks in an old building, many things were just dirty and neglected. Bathrooms were mildewy. I was rather uncomfortable that my room had an old, unwashable comforter rather than a duvet. The walls of my room had unidentified stains. If you are really in a pinch, you will be okay staying here, but I would try other options first.

I have tried the next door building and it was sufficiently facilitated.

needs better maintainance. The cost was obover average for a hostel but the maintaince, ammenities and general feel of the place was depressing when compaired even to cheaper accomodations.

• 5th Oct 2014

I liked that the sheets were a random collection. And I liked the free tea and coffee . The bathrooms are very nicely made with nice decoration.