Ottawa Backpackers Inn Reviews

203 York Street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

The location is wonderful, the place is both very clean and safe, the staff are helpful and nice. Maybe the most comfortable hostel I've ever been in. Perfect place to stay at in Ottawa.

very expensive they gave wrong change because they didn't have coins

I love the Hostel! It's the best one where I stayed so far, and I'm a long time in canada now ;)

• 3rd Mar 2014

A very thick and bad humored lady wanted to know if I paid or not at the time of check out, and I had already paid, as with any normal hotel, hostel needed a bit more care but is not a bad hostel.

• 12th Feb 2014

At the time of your stay we were moving to a new booking system and were still getting used to it, including the payments part. This has all settled down now. Sorry if your process was not as smooth as it normally is!

Overall not a bad place, very helpfull staff. The building and furniture could be updated and the local cat is on it's last leg of life.

A mediocre hostel that is poorly managed. The staff are more interested in hanging out with each other and long term guests, than helping people. I was here when it was snowing, and they had the nerve to put a sign up saying "Ice on Stairs" without actually bothering to take 2 minutes to shovel and salt them. The constant presence of several long term guests makes the place a bit strange to be social in as you feel like you're intruding on someone's house almost. Terrible mattresses too.

Hi, we're really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We really do appreciate customer feedback and use it to update the hostel experience - our latest addition is new mattresses. Hopefully next time you stay you'll notice the difference :)

Very nice place. I met many interesting people there. Like a home.

Easily one of the worst hostel's I have ever stayed at. Good location, and good price, however the staff ruin the place! It felt like a lot of people lived there and on numerous occasions I couldn't get into the kitchen because staff were doing there homework on the table. Staff made no attempt to help with tours or activities. Avoid this place, unless you like feeling awkward, unwanted and excluded from areas of the hostel. AVOID AVOID!

• 21st Nov 2013

Hi, we're sorry that you felt this way. During the winter months many people tend to stay inside, including a mix of both staff and guests. Since your stay we've introduced a new map for the hostel which provides staff recommendations for the best places to go in Ottawa which is available to all guests. We also now have movie nights and cake nights to give guests the opportunity to get to know each other :)

I spent a night there. The room and the bathrooms were clean. People were nice and the hostel is really close to byward market.

The best thing about this hostel is it's location! I walked everywhere whilst in Ottawa; Parliament Hill, the War Museum, the Civilisation Museum in Gatineau and it's literally right next to lively Byward Market too. In addition it was very clean and tidy. The social area was not very sociable really - no one wanted to talk it seemed and it was far too dimly lit to be sociable either. Not a great atmosphere for meeting people. Also I spent $12 on laundry (!!).