Ottawa Backpackers Inn Reviews

203 York Street, Ottawa, Canada

Tiene una buena ubicación, pero al llegar a recepción tiene un olor muy feo y fuerte, la gente que atiende es muy fría y no te ayudan con tus maletas aunque te vean super cargada. La habitación tiene una puerta que con trabajos cierra, no se me hace nada seguro. Un chico Coreano muy amable me ayudo a trasladarme a la casa de un lado que era donde me ubicaron. El único caballero del hostal. Gracias.

Great location handy for exploring Ottawa and near lots of restaurants !

Good Location, very co-operative and helpful, clean and car teas.

Larger lockers for larger bags. Requested a bottom bed and they gave me one. Keep up the good work!

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

It was an ok hostel. 5-10 min walk to the major attractions. A bit expensive compared to hostels in Montreal. The vibe wasn't that great but it also could have been because it's low season. Wish they sold beer or encouraged it to get the vibe going.

The location is excellent and I think it's the cheapest hostel in Ottawa but I slept in the backpackers of Toronto and for the half of the price of Ottawa, you have clean bedsheets and towels for free, cleaner bathrooms and the breakfast included! And in Toronto the staff is more pleasant and they organize some events (not in Ottawa).

The hostel is located in a pair of old, converted houses. While I expect some squeaky floors and fiddly locks in an old building, many things were just dirty and neglected. Bathrooms were mildewy. I was rather uncomfortable that my room had an old, unwashable comforter rather than a duvet. The walls of my room had unidentified stains. If you are really in a pinch, you will be okay staying here, but I would try other options first.

I have tried the next door building and it was sufficiently facilitated.

needs better maintainance. The cost was obover average for a hostel but the maintaince, ammenities and general feel of the place was depressing when compaired even to cheaper accomodations.

• 5th Oct 2014

I liked that the sheets were a random collection. And I liked the free tea and coffee . The bathrooms are very nicely made with nice decoration.

frat house! arrived to drunken people all over the lawn and found random people walking in asking about the "frat house" and where to party. really hard to get in the door due to the crowds. the place was overbooked and they began to rent out couches and living spaces which made it awkward

• 30th Aug 2014

Room was advertised as a private 3 bed room but actually had a double bed and a single bed so we had to ask for an additional mattress. The room was also really hot and there was no way of cooling it down as the only window was sealed shut.

• 21st Aug 2014

Pretty good hostel, more like a big house than a purpose built hostel. There are enough bathrooms and showers. Some bits could be a little cleaner but nothing is too dirty. The staff are friendly and approachable. Quite a young crowd that work there. The kitchen is adequate and well stocked with pots and pans. BBQ available. Bit of a Stoney hostel as well, general smoking area out back. If I wanted to improve it I'd add better lighting, a sound system and paint the deck out back.

My friend and I booked two beds in a eight female bedroom. When we got there was only one bed available in that female room so my friend was sent to another room to share it with three other men. Staff apologyzed and my friend did not have to pay for her night.

The hostel did not honour the 10% payment I made through hostel world and had to pay the whole amount again. The staff were more interested in organising their social lives than helping guests which was disappointing. However, the location is excellent and good facilities (kitchen, common room, etc.). The rooms were quite hot but there was a fan so was able to sleep comfortably.

All in all a very pleasant experience. It was a quiet hostel, which was great as I was coming up to the end of my trip.

We were in the second house on the side. The three bed private was perfect for our traveling trio. Facilities nice and clean and a nice location close to the night life.

The staff is awesome, bc most of them are travellers too! This is more like a home away than a place u stay at on route. Its the seconde time ive stayed there and if i come back to ottawa, this is the place ill stay at again.

Very good stay. Staff is friendly and helpful. Facility is clean, neat and comfortable. Location okay, not great, but nearby shopping and groceries.

The best thing about this hostel is the location, being less than 10 minutes from the Byward Market and an additional 5 from the Parliament buildings makes it a breeze to walk around. Aside from that, it performs all the functions that a hostel should. Worked out great for my buddy and I during the Canada Day festivities!