Ottawa Backpackers Inn Reviews

203 York Street, Ottawa, Canada

I didn't find this to be a particularly welcoming hostel. Owner seemed rather disinterested and unfriendly. Atmosphere was disappointing in comparison to hostel experiences abroad. People aren't particularly interested in engaging in human interaction. I was under the impression that they were of a high opinion of themselves? I wouldn't stay here again for this reason, I prefer a more down-to-earth atmosphere. An unexceptional stay, a fairly clean room, bathroom and bed, fine for the price.

I much enjoyed my most recent stay here. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and it was very easy to meet new people. The hostel also has a stellar location in the Byward Market. I would certainly recommend it.

Staff were friendly overall and the location was great but the rooms and washrooms were filthy. Definitely wouldn't stay there again.

• 29th May 2015

Hostel is in a pretty good location, right near a bunch of restaurants, supermarket and the all important bottle-o.

Good hostel with a great atmosphere! The only bad thing I can think of, is that it can get really warm in the dorms. Apart from that it was really good (great location, all the facilities you need).

1 2 Next » last »