Oughterard Holiday Hostel & Angling Center Reviews

Station Road, Oughterard, Galway, Ireland

Oughterard hostel was what we needed for our one night. Comfortable, clean and roomy. Location out of town, which we knew about was a bit if pain as we had to walk back for food supplies. Staff friendly and relaxed.

The owner is so welcoming, the house is open but quiet. Stayed there multiple nights and couldn't ask for more

• 17th Aug 2015

Very good stay. The manager Mike was very supportive and place is very nice.

Thanks, I am glad you had a good stay. Mike.

We really enjoyed our stay in the hostel. it is very nice and clean and you feel very home and welcome there. the kitchen is well equipped and everything is looked after. this way all the guests feel also obliged to leave the common areas clean and tidy. it's a nice place to meet people and friends. we would definitely come back.

Kitchen facilities are excellent, bedrooms and dormitories are neat and well-maintained. Fish from the dam adds a dimension to the travel experience.

Enjoyed my time beautiful spot. Nice people. Clean rooms. Thanks!

What can I say.. This place is just a little piece of Heaven for all the travelers who want to discover a slide of the Irish West coast. The hostel is really quiet, and the owner’s rules are made to strictly respect others customers. Concerning the owner, he was really nice with us, even if we arrived a bit earlier. Always available to help us, with our laundry, or any advice about the area. As he said, just knock on the door and he’ll arrive! The facilities now : no breakfast, no dinner acco

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Belgium

Thanks, glad you had a good stay and enjoyed the Hostel. Mike.

Lovely stay at this hostel. Perfect for exploring the beautiful Connemara area. The rooms were clean and neat and the kitchen/ lounge area had all that was needed.

My friend and I arrived VERY late but the owner was really kind and welcoming in spite of our delay. The ensuite room was comfortable and well presented. Though we didn't end up using the kitchen and lounge, they appeared beautifully kept and well supplied. The area, from the little we saw of it (we left reasonably early to continue with our journey) was attractive, and comfortable driving distance from Galway

The owner was very helpful and accommodating

Great place for the night, everything was clean and good. Very good staff and atmosphere.

The man who checked us in was pretty rude about 'Americans', but the women who checked us out the next day was nice - helpful about getting a taxi too. The location is very close to the small Oughterard town, but a 35 minute car ride from Galway city, so not great if you're heading there often. Lots of rules about when you can use what rooms and what's allowed in the bedrooms (or not allowed more likely). WiFi was pretty unreliable and there was no breakfast left in the morning.

Yes Megan I was not very happy with your arrival at 11.30 and then to cancel your second night, then your group did not care much about other people who were already asleep making noise until 2pm and at two thirty you were asking about wifi, please give me a break. Yes the Kitchen is closed at 12pm and no food or drink in the rooms, so the House is clean for the next group, we do not give breakfast Sorry. 12 bookings from USA 11 changed, please read what you book, this is a Hostel.

I so loved this place ! I had a very Irish experience ! The hostel is far from Galway , about 30 to 40 minutes but for me it wasn't a problem ! We enjoyed the little village , we convived with the locals ( they are amazing!!!!) The hostel is really clean! Mike, the staff is a gentle ! Always ready to help! I loved everything in the place ! Hugs to Mike e to the dog e to the ranch :)

Ideal for a night between Galway and Connemara National Park. Simple location with a nice view.