Oughterard Holiday Hostel & Angling Center Reviews

Station Road, Oughterard, Galway, Ireland

Kitchen facilities are excellent, bedrooms and dormitories are neat and well-maintained. Fish from the dam adds a dimension to the travel experience.

Enjoyed my time beautiful spot. Nice people. Clean rooms. Thanks!

What can I say.. This place is just a little piece of Heaven for all the travelers who want to discover a slide of the Irish West coast. The hostel is really quiet, and the owner’s rules are made to strictly respect others customers. Concerning the owner, he was really nice with us, even if we arrived a bit earlier. Always available to help us, with our laundry, or any advice about the area. As he said, just knock on the door and he’ll arrive! The facilities now : no breakfast, no dinner acco

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Belgium

Thanks, glad you had a good stay and enjoyed the Hostel. Mike.

Lovely stay at this hostel. Perfect for exploring the beautiful Connemara area. The rooms were clean and neat and the kitchen/ lounge area had all that was needed.

My friend and I arrived VERY late but the owner was really kind and welcoming in spite of our delay. The ensuite room was comfortable and well presented. Though we didn't end up using the kitchen and lounge, they appeared beautifully kept and well supplied. The area, from the little we saw of it (we left reasonably early to continue with our journey) was attractive, and comfortable driving distance from Galway

The owner was very helpful and accommodating

Great place for the night, everything was clean and good. Very good staff and atmosphere.

The man who checked us in was pretty rude about 'Americans', but the women who checked us out the next day was nice - helpful about getting a taxi too. The location is very close to the small Oughterard town, but a 35 minute car ride from Galway city, so not great if you're heading there often. Lots of rules about when you can use what rooms and what's allowed in the bedrooms (or not allowed more likely). WiFi was pretty unreliable and there was no breakfast left in the morning.

Yes Megan I was not very happy with your arrival at 11.30 and then to cancel your second night, then your group did not care much about other people who were already asleep making noise until 2pm and at two thirty you were asking about wifi, please give me a break. Yes the Kitchen is closed at 12pm and no food or drink in the rooms, so the House is clean for the next group, we do not give breakfast Sorry. 12 bookings from USA 11 changed, please read what you book, this is a Hostel.

I so loved this place ! I had a very Irish experience ! The hostel is far from Galway , about 30 to 40 minutes but for me it wasn't a problem ! We enjoyed the little village , we convived with the locals ( they are amazing!!!!) The hostel is really clean! Mike, the staff is a gentle ! Always ready to help! I loved everything in the place ! Hugs to Mike e to the dog e to the ranch :)

Ideal for a night between Galway and Connemara National Park. Simple location with a nice view.

The place is nice, however my evaluation reflects on the fact that we didn't have lockers to keep our lugage. Then, in the middle of the night another guest was going through our bags.

Jean sorry you had security problems and I do not understand why you did not report the matter to me as I could alert the other Hostels about these Quests, I am available night and day as I live in the House. Thanks.

Mr Flaherty mike was very nice and welcoming, the kitchen was well equipped and the hostel is perfect if you desire peace and quiet and a walk in the country. Last bus from Galway at 1730, then at night you can visit the local pubs. There is also a laundry service :) this is off season so not that many activities going on but later it gets busier. It is nice to hear the birds singing and breath fresh air.

bus from Galway is at 17.if you like a relaxing place in the country and peace & quiet Iris the.place for you. Mr. Mike keeps the hostel very clean and helps a lot.