Our House Backpackers Reviews

33 Gilbert Place, Adelaide, Australia

Pretty good hostel. To bad for the really hard beds and the very, very bad WiFi.

Fantastic location in CBD. I met a lot of cool travelers, had a good time. The wifi can be slow and is a concern. And there is not much quite space as the TVs are usually always on. Despite that, i would still highly recommend it.

Toilets and showers are very bad. I think when they get some cleaning girls this hostel will be super !

Very pleasant stay. The whole hostel was surprisingly clean despite the fact that I never at any point saw anyone cleaning. Has all the facilities you could need though the wifi is terribly slow. Great value for money seeing how nice this place is and it being with the cheaper hostels in town. The location is also just fantastic, right in the middle of the center and the bus from the airport practically stops right outside the door!

Loved staying at Our House, it was a great atmosphere and the location couldn't be better. I actually ended up extending and staying a whole week rather than the original plan of a few days. Super environment, the long termers aren't really there that long (like a month or less) so everyone is really social and not clique-y. The staff is very nice and laid back, it was hard to leave! If I ever go back I'll def stay there again.

I refuse to stay any were else in adelaide, amazing staff friendly and fun vibe and well respectful folks, a highly recommend place with great people, a big shout out to the Sydney harbor crew and Frank' redi, johno, kim and simon! See yas all again soon! ;)

• 11th Dec 2014

Good hostel, good price. Clean bathroom and sheets. The doorms are nice and quiet. The only bad thing is the matresses, they're hard as rock!! Other than that it's a great place to stay.

I am baffled why this gets such a low overall score. I was impressed enough to extend with an extra night. I could complain about something that could need improvement, but the biggest mistake is not to come to this hostel but to come to Adelaide instead. What a sterile, soulless city with 0 landmarks for sight seeing. Needless to say I did spend more time in the hostel than the city itself. Staff was truly very helpful and nice, complete opposite of what is written in other reviews.