Our House Reviews

Karastigur 12, Reykjavik, Iceland

Our House was an excellent place to stay, located at the very center of Reykjavík, but quiet though, in a house where you can feel the warmth of coming home and being welcome. Although the owners were not there personally, everything was very well organized and totally incomplicated so that we could enjoy our stay to the maximum.

'Our House' is very close to anything in downtown Reykjavik, yet it's on a quiet street. After a 2-month journey including a 3-week camping trip in Iceland, going back to a standalone house (instead of a hostel or hotel) makes me feel like going home - with a cozy living room, modern kitchen (with a new Espresso machine), even a bathroom with patio! Room is spacious. Events are updated by staff on message board & guest photos taken by a mini Polaroid - feels like a big family in a small house:)

The staff was remarkably, and I mean remarkably, thoughtful and kind. I had to arrive at the hostel very late and they made sure I was able to reach my room and settle in easily. The stay was short but pleasant in every respect, from the wonderful shower to the cozy kitchen and comfortable bed.

• 7th Jul 2014

Edda is one of the nicest and outgoing hosts I've ever met and her house is an excellent place to discover Reykjavik. It's right next to the famous Hallgrims church and only a few minutes walking distance from the town center. Staying at our house somehow makes you feel like a local for a while which is cool. Thanks Edda, if we ever come back to beautiful Iceland we hope to meet you again! Christina & Annika from Germany (I actually took the picture you made out it onto my pinboard at home)

only wish our stay here could have been longer! great guesthouse, highly recommended.

• 27th May 2014

Good vibe. Welcoming place. Hector is a great host. Bedda was not available but she made sure that all our needs were fulfilled, plus provided clear instructions on where to find everything in OUR HOUSE. Great time and very good LPs!!!

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Bedda is a delightful and organized person that truly cares about your happiness. She goes above the call of duty to make you feel at home by making you a family member. The home is vibrant with energy, colorfully decorated, filled with family artifacts, and the clientele it draws add to the charm of this little treasure. With over 75 countries visited and countless hostels visited, Our House is a FIVE STAR hostel that will remain in your heart for many years to come. To Bedda, much love to you.

I enjoyed my stay. It was clean and the staff were very helpful. For the price...it's a good value.

So warm and welcoming. More like a bed and breakfast than a hostel (never stayed in a hostel, but my impressions of what a hostel is like). I had a private room with a key and another key to the front door. Bedda and Ernesto are fabulous. You will love them.

• 19th Mar 2014

Our House was wonderful, feels like home! i love every part of it! definitely will come back again!

View all Reykjavik Bed and Breakfasts